LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Artists boycott NC over bathroom law

Sorry but they elected those asshats or they aided and abetted by not voting at all. The only ones I feel bad for are the ones that voted against them because they did what they could but were overruled by the asshat majority. All the rest haven't even reaped the suffering they so richly deserve.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 3

Amen. McCrory wasn't LGBT friendly as Mayor of Charlotte either, but there were enough people who were to keep him in check back then. He actually tried to get Charlotte Pride's activity permit denied the last year I was up there. He was also discovered doing some land-development "crony" deals by having his friends re-zone some historic areas for business use :o And that's just the tip of the iceberg with him <_< He seems to think he can do whatever he likes with his power but now he's finding out again that he can't. I wonder how many times something like this has to happen before he learns that his way of thinking doesn't match what most of the people of NC want?

Bettypooh

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

I wonder how many times something like this has to happen before he learns that his way of thinking doesn't match what most of the people of NC want?

Till he gets unelected, which could be a while. I am not even sure how the law is enforced or how they claim it is constitutional. That said, ignorance is pretty high in the south thanks to a defunding of education and an overabundance of religion, so as a politician, you can probably sell anything as long as you have people sufficiently scared.

While I sympathize greatly with people experiencing gender identity issues, society has to be very careful when it comes to bathroom privacy rights, and it is gender-biased. Look at this side of it: Some perverted guy wants to get his jollies (or outright attack someone) in the ladies' bathroom, so he uses gender identity as an excuse to enter the women's bathroom, thus invading the privacy of female

BabyJune, it is credulous to adhere to old fashion gender norms and to think people would use Transgenderism as an excuse to view the ladies room. It is irrelevant anyway, because the solution will likely be decided upon by the supreme court if the NC state court upholds the law. The solution you are thinking of would not work, because everyone cannot afford to put in those type of restrooms. Restrooms can be expensive for businesses, especially because they already have to be inspected for wheel chair accessibility.

Though somebody may yet find it, I have never heard of one singe case where someone claiming to be Transgender exhibited predatory behavior in a public bathroom. I've heard of several (actually many) cases where a cis-gendered man entered the ladies room and did misdeeds. Which has always been illegal but that did nothing to protect anyone.

As an LGBT person, it makes me happy that people are finally willing to stand up for LGBT issues.

For what it's worth, one of the biggest parts of the law was the fact that it deactivated all LGBT protection laws in the state (at the local and county level, for example) and made passing further laws illegal. That's not only bad for me and people like me, but it's hypocritical - it's going against the vaunted conservative principle of respecting local authority and minimising statist overreach; it's running roughshod over their principles in order to further the persecution of a group which has not been found guilty of any crime.

That said, I believe that modern conservatism doesn't resemble the coherent and sensible political philosophy that conservative might once have been, and I think modern mainstream Western

20 hours ago, Diapered Jason said:

because the solution will likely be decided upon by the supreme court if the NC state court upholds the law.

I think that is the whole thing right there. If the supreme court rules against the law. Then it makes the supreme court and the federal government the bad guy and the state comes out looking like the good guy by saying they was trying to protect the people in the state against being assaulted in the bathrooms or locker rooms, but the federal government doesn't care about protecting you in the bathrooms.

19 hours ago, BabyJune said:

While I sympathize greatly with people experiencing gender identity issues, society has to be very careful when it comes to bathroom privacy rights, and it is gender-biased. Look at this side of it: Some perverted guy wants to get his jollies (or outright attack someone) in the ladies' bathroom, so he uses gender identity as an excuse to enter the women's bathroom, thus invading the privacy of female

I guess I've been on the wrong side of people mistrusting men and have been burned too many times. No ill intent was meant in my post whatsoever. All my life I detested growing up male because of the expectations placed on men and the constant mistrust.

It's a shame, but when it comes to State politics money is the only thing that changes minds. When the financial pressure gets strong enough the gov will bend and back off these unnecessary laws.

As for the "pervert" fears, stalking, indecent exposure and other laws still apply. If someone is caught peeping through the crack in a stall they will have a lot of explaining to do. And being transgender or not won't make a difference in such a case - not that I have ever heard of one.

Laws like this would lead to the arrest of women who go into the men's room because the line is shorter at ball parks and concerts; harassment of someone who uses the empty and private restroom marked for another gender in a potty emergency and more needless "make a point" cases.

On 04/17/2016 at 2:33 PM, FretaBWet said:

The only ones I feel bad for are the ones that voted against them because they did what they could but were overruled by the asshat majority.

This right here, although I'm not sure how I'd feel if I were a Transgender ticket holder to one of these events. The bathroom law would be bad enough, but then losing the concert on top of it while well intentioned, might feel like an extra blow. I think willnotwill's idea is honestly the better way to have handled things. Raising a little hell over the issue can be more effective than a boycott while also doing less collateral damage. Let the bigots walk out if they don't like the stance being taken.

There are two things that could very likely happen now, neither of which are good.

1. The US Supreme Court hears the case and deadlocks 4-4, upholding the NC ruling and effectively setting a precedent for similar laws if this goes to court before a new Justice is confirmed.

2. The courts rule that because bathrooms are for biological functions, they're not assigned based on gender, but based on biological sex, playing with semantics to uphold the law, and probably including some provision that all new buildings must include a separate, lockable restroom as part of an equal opportunity initiative, including "transgender people and parents of children of the opposite sex" in with elderly and disabled people who may also need such rooms.

As for whether or not cis-gendered people have already exploited the transgender community to gain access to a restroom of the opposite sex, I can tell you that it definitely has happened. I once spoke to a guy (who was kind of creepy anyway,) who was straight, but who did go through the effort of crossdressing just to use the ladies room. He didn't take any pictures or accost anyone or do anything else, he just wanted to use the ladies room and knew he could pass himself off as likely being trans if anyone asked any questions. Nobody asks questions when women use the men's room to begin with though, the assumption is that they just got sick of the line for the ladies room that's always twice as long.

As for the law in question, my thoughts on it are well known: it's stupid, unenforceable without severe privacy violations, and pure lipservice to bigots. And really, the obvious solution that no one will ever get their heads out of their asses and run with is to just do away with any gender markings and to just have "restrooms" used by everyone. You deincentivize pervs from misbehaving if men and women can both use the stalls in the same restrooms since there's no ladies room for the perv to try to get into, and he could find himself dealing with another guy he does anything to a woman in the restroom. This also removes the engineering nightmare of gender specific bathrooms and the bottlenecks they create.

Finally, although I hate to admit it, BabyJune is right about the mistrust of men in general. This is really basic "intro to sociology" stuff, the assumption is usually that if you're male, you're not caring and are likely going to be up to no good. People (wrongfully) tend to view single fathers as creeps and single mothers as victims, even though its entirely possible for a single father to be more together than a single mother depending on the circumstances. The same goes for other facets of life too, and it doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon.

These laws currently happening are really just like the water fountain laws back in the day. The water isn't the real issue... it's simply an excuse to target a minority of people that the majority feel compelled by some pseudo zealous religious moral high ground... they get pissed when I remind that Jesus hung out with whom where considered the lowest

• Like 1