LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How have we survived so long?

Was having a conversion with someone in the chat and I've realized: DD is the last surviving and active. How? How have we lasted so long that others have failed? Diaperspace, sissykiss, wetting wonderland, etc. How are we still alive and able to talk others about our lives?

Think of it like competition.

You start off with five websites all talking about the same thing then one owner loses interest and shuts it down, now there are four sites and the audience for the fifth site are now shared amongst them.

Then one of those four sites makes rules changes people don't like and people leave it, other people see those people leaving and follow suit. It becomes a dead site. Now tose people will spread themselves to the three remaining sites.

So now one of those sites only want profit but aren't making any so they shut their site down and everyone is spread to two sites.

Then this other site stops updating or something and people head for the remaining site that fills there needs.

People go where there is activity and to what they feel is the best sites for their interests. We aren't the only ABDL site around by a long shot but we have been here for over a decade now, in terms of websites we are pretty old! But I think people see the hard work put in by people like DailyDi and realise this place is as good as any other to come talk about ABDL topics in (for the most part). You can only stay around this long when you have dedicated people willing to give time to the site to make sure it runs smoothly, is often updated and is a place people want to come to.

Plus longevity is its own advertising. If a site has been around for as long as this one has then people will see it as stable and unlikely to disappear which makes people more willing to sign up.

There are several reasons this site exists and all of them are important. The first is that Mike/DailyDi is dedicated to it and works tirelessly to keep everything up to date with the new servers being the latest improvement. The second and no less important is the Mods and members who work publicly and behind the scenes to help keep it running. I think most members don't have a clue as to how much time they volunteer to make sure the trolls are kept at bay, the software is kept up to date, and little things like creating interesting logos gets done. If the Mods could spend complaints like money they would probably be very well paid. The other reason I can think of is that some members are willing to step up to the plate and donate which helps to keep this site free. If this site charged a fee many people would not join and we would lose some of our members we already have. Maybe we should just make this a "thank You" thread for all those that give thier time, work and love to this site because that's why it's still around.

Thank You all of you, I won't start naming names because I might miss someone but you all know who you are.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

I think a major contributor is that I did visit some of those other sites once, long ago, and a few of them were, shall we say, a bit "Over the top" which helped contribute to their demise. DD doesn't "Go there" and keeps this site a welcome place for everyone to be in a safe environment, some of those others, not so much. Not to mention we accept eachother for our differences in our space. All of us AB, DL, Diaperfur, Babyfurs, Trans, whatever, we treat each other how we ourselves would expect to be treated, not how those outside the community might perceive us.

DD has staid the same through all the years (I have been here), with some tweaks here and there, but nothing major at once

adisc lost people and reputation when they suddenly upped the age limit to 18 after being a site for teenagers, rather than lock out the paying creepies

This one's simple: DD managed to change with the times without changing its core in the process. The site started out as a website that was updated daily, (hence the name Daily Diapers,) and competed with similar fetish sites that used a format similar to a newspaper. When forums started to catch on, DD added one, and it picked from one of the top two forum software providers at the time, Invision. (The other being vBulletin.) Since those two pieces of forum software were the two people were most used to, it gave people a reason to come here and post since our forum used a familiar interface. While DD dropped the daily updates when they no longer made sense, it did retain the same basic sense of community that it always had, and became a name recommended by word of mouth, or at the very least, word of Google. Also, DD has been pretty good about avoiding "software fads," such as unnecessary use of social media or social media features just because they exist. (The like button being an exception to that rule.) Most importantly, the site has remained free, allowing anyone to access it without a fee, which is something that can't be said of some other sites.

Most importantly though, and I cannot stress this enough, DD has been run consistently by someone who doesn't have an ego the size of Jupiter, and who hasn't let his success go to his head. Mikey doesn't turn this place into a "the universe revolves around me" drama-fest the way a lot of other site admins do, and it's that constant site-drama that is frequently the downfall of other sites. Most site owners also won't terminate a mod/admin that they're friendly with, even if that mod/admin is out of control, which has also caused other sites to fail. Mikey has been good about this too, and to the best of my knowledge, we've never had a staff member whose been permanently banned as a result of flying off the handle and into the next county. Again, this cannot be said for other sites. As for why DD beat out other sites of its era, most refused to adapt to the times, or to value new members as much as old ones. Once the old members got bored and left, there was nobody new to come in and take their place to keep things going. With DD treating everyone fairly, new members have been welcomed as much as old ones, and that's helpful at keeping this place alive. Mikey and the staff here do a superb job at running this site and working as a team, and that's also hugely important since a staff that's incompetent can kill a site that would otherwise be successful. Since I saw a "that site" reference in this thread, I should also point out that DD has kept the crazier people out of DD that could have potentially ruined our reputation or given law enforcement a reason to shut us down. Basically, DD is successful because it has the right combination of staff, atmosphere/attitude, and ability to stay relevant.

• Like 2

I started taking a more active role after I left fetlife due to the drama and attacks from a certain group of people that seem to have pushed away older members and dominated that space. After all that I came here and found it's admin team and chatroom mods really gave a damn and continuously tried with very much success to maintain a great website. As an admin myself and a fellow user I personally couldn't be happier and likely wouldn't suggest any other site for anyone into ageplay or ABDL fetish because of the amount of great people here.

I left ADISC a while back. The Germans have Windelbabys which is well organised but can't be bothered working out the German all the time and don't live there anymore. ADISC was ok but seemed to go heavy on the drama every now and then. Here has more interesting topics and a more casual atmosphere. I know I don't post much but it's always nice to lurk and read here.

Simply by being the best at what it does. I have looked at several others and I find something missing in the administration department. I left Diaperbook because they let lunatics run free and aloowed pedo posts. Diaperspace WAS lunatics and AB Pixel allowed persons to do some really dumb,

I must say, the site is better than most of the membership. How many persons actually set up things here besides Zander (Big List). When I put forth the idea of collecting a list of places like Rainbow Mountain Resorts, where ABDL's could have "camps" like the LG Camp, what did I get? A planetfull of nay-sayers. When I have suggested other activity-oriented things like a roundup of resources thaat coudl be used for cyber-activity, I got one taker: DailyDi. We have the capability to be the ABDL resource center of the universe with only a small bit of effort from a decent number of members but getting that is like finding a tiara in a Boy Scout camp

Yeah it does have a real casual atmosphere I feel comfortable sitting with my tablet in a T shirt and diaper anyone else?

All the mods here are easy going and valuable people, I know I have told one them what I think of her never has a mean thing to say about anyone and always has an educated insightful opinion on topics.daily di

On 1/19/2016 at 9:01 PM, Christine Daryleanne said:

I must say, the site is better than most of the membership. How many persons actually set up things here besides Zander (Big List). When I put forth the idea of collecting a list of places like Rainbow Mountain Resorts, where ABDL's could have "camps" like the LG Camp, what did I get? A planetfull of nay-sayers. When I have suggested other activity-oriented things like a roundup of resources thaat coudl be used for cyber-activity, I got one taker: DailyDi. We have the capability to be the ABDL resource center of the universe with only a small bit of effort from a decent number of members but getting that is like finding a tiara in a Boy Scout camp

Christine, This site is a sum of the person making the decisions, the people working behind the scenes to do the grunt work and it's membership. That's what gives it it's unique flavor. If you radically changed the members the site as we know it would change. I'm not saying it would cease to exist, I'm saying it would be different.

I really wish you would stop putting the bulk of the members down because they don't uphold your standards. I'm not criticizing your standards, just your expectations.

There's people that lurk here and don't even become a member but every once in a while I see an introduction in the newbie nursery from someone that states they finally joined after lurking for years. That doesn't happen when they see posts knocking people for not doing enough. There's lots of people on here that don't donate. You can search every post I've ever written here and won't find a single one criticizing anyone for not donating. I don't judge them because I don't know them. I don't know that they aren't hurting financially. There are people here that do donate and I'm thankful for that because I know it takes money to keep this site up. Sometimes we get set in our ways and we lose our way.

Hugs,

Freta

The bulk of the registered members do not participate, at least, not in the forums

On 01/18/2016 at 8:32 PM, MrE said:

ADISC was ok but seemed to go heavy on the drama every now and then. Here has more interesting topics and a more casual atmosphere. I know I don't post much but it's always nice to lurk and read here.

This is exactly why DD is still on the top. The atmosphere is definitely more casual, and unlike ADISC, the drama is kept to a minimum. ADISC lost a huge chunk of its audience when it became an 18+ site and changed from a resource site to a discussion site, effectively becoming "DD lite." The drama and damage by at least some of its staff have also been problematic for it in terms of retaining members, and the inability to do away with high school style cliques are part of the reason why ADISC isn't more competitive with DD. It does have some things that I like, such as new GoodNites and similar "baby/toddler/youth" diapers getting more attention when new designs roll around, but as a whole, DD seems a bit more civil to me.

What I have in mind is something like the GirlTalk To LG's do twice each year. A weekend at a very secluded, discreet place where they can have activities that reflect their interests. In the US that is Rainbow Mountain Resort. I forgot where it is in the UK. The gig is a "themed" wekend, like a conention. It is called a "camp". The LG's who attend love it. It is very private and discretionis assured. I would think with over 20,000 registered members, we could find enough to make a go of it in different regions. You have the various littles' "munch"es and Teddy Con