LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

why does she still insist on trying to get me to stop?

I for one am glad your mom knows. Her trying to get you to stop wearing them isn't ideal, but it certainly is better than you effectively lying to her about who you are and what really is a part of your life. It's also a lot better than trying to hide them all the time, or having her find them and tossing the diapers out, or worse.

I think you just need to talk to you mom and try to get her to understand your emotional need to wear diapers is neurological and integral to the very way you think. Diapers aren't a lifestyle choice for us and more than being gay would be. Make sure she understands this isn't something that will just go away, can be cured, or worse just ignored by simply "stopping".

Once your mom understands this she may still not like it, but her hounding you should. Oh, and I doubt you're openly wearing them around your mom or purposely exposing them. As long as you follow her house rules (which I assume includes keeping covered up), and aren't hurting anyone, then you should have every right to wear what ever you want.

Ah, the classic "wearing nappies=/=being gay"... If I had a £1 coin for every time I hear that on here I would have a big pile of £1 coins. And every time it comes up it annoys me, even if this use of the comparison is slightly different to the usual.

Elfking, I didn't say diapers are, or are not, equal to being gay. I merely pointed out just one similarity with it. It's hard to deny there are actually quite a lot of similarities with the struggles and acceptance of both. Not sure why this annoys you, but it is the truth.

Also, please note the separation of fetish/kink and psychological need. I agree nobody else needs to know about your fetishes. I do not agree you should be hiding your psychological needs or the basis of who you are (especially close family).

The upside of someone close to you knowing is that they can accept you for who you are. This in turn provides emotional stability for you and absolutely will aid in relieving some of your stress. All quite positive enough to risk the potential down side of them not understanding or accepting you for who you are. As with the OP his mom already knows too, I believe she just doesn't realize enough of the facts though and is pushing for the wrong solution based on her not knowing.

Lastly, I don't believe it should matter who's house or rules you live under. That person has no right to dictate if an adult wears boxers or briefs so why should they be able to dictate any other kid of "underwear" you choose. Sure they can dictate you not wear just underwear around them, but there is a clear limit to anyone's authority.

Struggles and acceptance of a fetish or lifestyle kink being compared to the outright repression faced by the LGBT community, which is only recently starting to improve (in some places) annoys me because it trivialises what actual repressed groups face when you compare it to a bunch of people whining because they can't walk around looking like babies without being laughed at... As I said, your use was less overt than others but I still saee it come up here a couple of times a month and it really grates.

While sometimes I think about indulging more when she isn't around its kinda hard to limit my indulgence to when she isn't around as we both work a lot, a lot of our hours overlap and the hours that don't are usually hours when I sleep. In any case I don't wear in any obvious way, especially not with them exposed or any obvious AB stuff exposed (like say a Onesie or Binky) and im not looking for total acceptance just some sort of "I don't walk around with a diaper clearly showing, and you don't complain about it" I buy them with my own money i put them on myself, I dispose of them myself, she doesn't need to contribute with money or with action, why can't it just be a "I do my thing, you do your thing" sort of situation? I think im very realistic, she only knows because she likes to pry and has found diapers/evidence of use at times, which wasn't completely my fault and I try to avoid those kinds of things.

Yeah, totally realistic on your part. Given your mom already knows I really do believe you just need to set her straight, dispel any myths or misconceptions she may have, and make sure she understands your diapers are not a part of your life- they make up a part of who you are. Denying them is literally denying a part of you. In the end, your mom is your mom and will most likely still love you no matter what, even if she doesn't fully understand or accept it all.

Maybe judging by this post: http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=45686&hl=you made about having to get messy... Maybe one of her main complaints is the smell...

the thing is I can't even get messy that often, its usually just once a week and if im not in a hurry or inconvenienced by something (like say freezing weather, lots of snow) it usually goes outside in the garbage can when im done, by "having" to get messy I mean if I know im gonna need to poop I use a diaper (usually, sometimes it seems like it will be worse than others in which case I'd use the toilet) and most of the time I shower to get completely clean almost immediately, I really do try to leave as little impact, until recently she wouldn't even know when I was buying the majority of the time (except for one time when there was a crazy deal and we were outside of town (long after she knew I had an attraction to diapers, which ive never explained), she's the one that takes notice of something and decides to prod into the matter further.

Once upon on a jobsite the OSHA agent stopped by and handed out these nice little stickers, a red circle with a slash through the middle and the word "whining" in the middle :blush: TBH I wish I could stick one on somebiody here :o The truth here is that you have placed yourself in a situation where you cannot get what you want and you are doing nothing about it when you could :bash: You don't like the rules where you live? Move out. You don't loke how other people think? Get ovedr it or try to change that. You find it troublesome to integrate the things you like into your life happily? Nobody's problem but your own.

I don't mean to sound whiny, its just when someone approaches you from every angle you try to answer honestly, I guess ill make some effort to basically explain things to her, maybe she will relax a little afterwards , im not looking for a perfect situation, just her relaxing a bit about the whole thing.

Well if she is anything like my mom, who thinks it is a deviant behavior that will get me fired in a job and have problems with friends, then good luck changing her mind about it.

I can "sort of" understand the annoyance. My mom lives here with me (I pay the bills) and keeping what I do in my spare time a secret is impossible, and while she doesn't out right try t stop me from doing what I do, she DEFF makes sure to make it as hard/ impossible for me as she can, (walking in on me, following me around hte house so I don't have alone time, etc)

I can "sort of" understand the annoyance. My mom lives here with me (I pay the bills) and keeping what I do in my spare time a secret is impossible, and while she doesn't out right try t stop me from doing what I do, she DEFF makes sure to make it as hard/ impossible for me as she can, (walking in on me, following me around hte house so I don't have alone time, etc)

I think im being very considerate, as I said before, I don't impose with act or asking for money, and I handle disposal completely by myself (either its outside, or temporarily in my room and if smell seems to be getting strong sometimes I use air freshener), she doesn't have to like or agree with what im doing, just let me be.

I was a chronic bedwetter throughout my childhood and my teens. I had to go back to wearing nappies at night during my teens following an embarrasing enforced visit to the doctors to see why I was still bedwetting at 15 years old. My mother was more accepting of my problems after that but always pushed me to become dry at night and hated the sight of my nappies. Even though she eventually accepted I would probably always wet the bed I guess it was a source of embarrasment for her that her son wore nappies. Even when I stopped wetting in my 20's I was never allowed to take the plastic sheet off my bed. I often wonder what she would think now as I wear nappies all the time again now because of my incontinence and nightly bedwetting.

I was a chronic bedwetter throughout my childhood and my teens. I had to go back to wearing nappies at night during my teens following an embarrasing enforced visit to the doctors to see why I was still bedwetting at 15 years old. My mother was more accepting of my problems after that but always pushed me to become dry at night and hated the sight of my nappies. Even though she eventually accepted I would probably always wet the bed I guess it was a source of embarrasment for her that her son wore nappies. Even when I stopped wetting in my 20's I was never allowed to take the plastic sheet off my bed. I often wonder what she would think now as I wear nappies all the time again now because of my incontinence and nightly bedwetting.

weird because when theres a need usually family understands and accepts, the thing with my mom is she knows I have no physical need.