LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

writing this from hospital!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YIPPEEEE, I'm out of hospital.

Got home early this morning, been sent to bed to recover further. Need incontinence nurse in to help me change. So nice to be back home in my own environment, without that smell of disinfectent every second of the day.

Thank you for all of your good wishes. I think they helped me to stay cheerful throughout.

great to be home. I had posted in one of the other forums about ID expert diapers, well today i ordered a pack from incontinence shop, and they were delivered today. I am very impressed so far. The incon nurse came at 2 and I expected her back at 7! she is a bit late, but I had a feel down below and the back is barely wet even though i have been lying on my back all day.

thanks for all of the well wishes.

Something I have learned from this experience, when you have to wear diapers 24/7 because of urinary incontinence you get used to wearing , and if you have to go to the toilet for a poo then i just untape my diaper and use the toilet normally. BUT, whilst i have been recovering in bed I haven't had the luxury of being able to move to do that I have just had to use my diaper like it was designed to be used. It is really weird having the choice taken away from you, and having somebody change you and clean you up. I have read on other forums about if you poop do you change instantly? well in the past i have pooped and changed almost instantly, but during the past few days i have pooped because there was no other alternative, and had to wait until the nurse came to change me, which at one point was nearly four hours. I sort of feel sorry for anybody who doesn't have a choice and has to wear diapers for both.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Brian IF you can find a good Chiropractor :huh: Sadly, many (if not most of them) are just trying to make you feel better for just long enough to need another appointment- then another and another.... :bash: A good one wants to fix you forever if they can; they know there will be plenty more patients coming along anyway since back injuries are so common. A good Chiropractor will also address all of you- they seem to have a better grip on the fact that your body is more an integrated machine than a grouping of unrelated components ;)

What BettyPooh said. I almost crawled into the first appointment with my chiropractor- all bent over and in massive pain. I walked out of there with the speed of an old man that had a bit of pain- which to me was a massive improvement. Over the next few weeks I grew steadily better and better with each adjustment. Now I only need to give myself and adjustment once in a month or two and I stay ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, sorry for not replying for a while but my internet at home has gone down after some thug set fire to the telephone pole with all of the telephone wires inside of it.

I'm now up and able to move again, however i have got tingling sensations down one side of my leg and have weakness in it intermitently.

On the upside I now have a better service from the continence nurse, even though they don't have to help me to change now, they have helped me to get my choice of diaper through the nhs.

Amazing how people only seem to listen to you after you have been in a crisis! They have now taken my opinion of choice of diaper into acount and have listened.

Glad to hear the better news- I've been wondering about you ;) People do tend to go through life in 'automatic' mode not noticing things until something whacks them with it :o I learned long ago that sometimes you have to yell "HEY! Listen to me carefully please" to gain their full attention and to get them understanding of what you're saying :whistling: and for the duller ones even that isn't enough. Just keep trying, never give up B)

Hiya Betty, still not well yet I have got a bit of nerve damage still. Now fully discharged from hospital, however I have been having problems going to the toileas the pain medication has made me constipated and straining makes me put pressure on my back which is not advisable so i have been given stool softeners to take which has been a bit of a problem as i have had several accidents! Last time i saw the doctor he said that the swelling in my lower back is slowly going down and i should be ok within about 2-3 months, with a bit of physio thrown in as well.

Good to hear overall ;) Don't know about there, but here in SC if something somebody does causes you an unwanted BM you're entitled to $200 compensation for each event :blush: Of course the #%^^$#@ lawyers will get most of it (and they won't even offer you any TP to finish the 'paperwork' with) :rolleyes: If your doctors say it's OK you might want to start using Metamucil instead of other stool softeners as it's effective and natural whereas things like docusate sodium may cause you other problems <_<

Hi Betty, if i eat any more green vegetables I will start looking like one ! lol I have a very good balanced diet with lots of fish, fuit and vegetables. I sometimes eat red meat but not that often. I do drink alcohol but just occasionally.

The stool softeners are in the form of a liquid i dissolve in water and then drink, they are very good but I have found that what they tend to do is make me go to the toilet after about 15 minutes but then i can have a sudden urge upto about three hours afterwards. So initially i am prepared to take off my diaper and go to the toile but it is when i have to go out, or can't make i to the toilet that's when i mess my diaper. It happened to me a few days ago i was being driven in a car and we were some miles from home when it just happened. I just had to sit in it for a couple of hours as i wasn't willing to go into a service station or a public toilet to change. I am getting used to the pooping accidents now and if i cant make it to the toilet then so what i just have to clean up later. Because of the accidents I have been using vlesi ATN diapers they are a bit more absorbent and hold a lot of fluid but also they are brilliant for when i do have a pooping accident.

• 4 weeks later...

just a quick reply, all better now I am able to walk without the feeling of weakness down one side, but I'm still using the stool softners which can be challenging especially now that i am back at work.