LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Longest Flight

I got on my flight in Miami last Friday around 1pm and was to get into Portland oregon late friday night......now for the rest of the story.

I am incont to pee and sometimes have bowel movements that hit suddenly so i am diapered full time. Partially need, partially choice. The doctor has said they can do some things and start me on some meds, but for now i have chose not to. I enjoy the feeling of a wet diaper and the occasional poo.

So as i said above i was flying home after being gone all week on business. I had just left a meeting friday morning and went straight to the airport to fly home. I was wearing a cami, jacket and knee length skirt. I always travel with a diaperbag and had put 4 in it that morning figuring that would get me home......wrong.

Someplace between Miami and Chicago they lost my checked bagaged with my extra diapers and stuff. When i got to Chicago i changed and added an extra liner for some reason, i dont usually do unless i expect it to be a long time. My next flight was to Denver, this is where i lost it. Our connecting flight was first dalayed and then finally cancelled....(increased stress = more dirty diapers) while waiting i used up all my spares (ugh). I looked and of course there are no diapers avalable. While waiting i realized I was very full and going to need a change soon. I finally talked with the girl at the counter and explained my problem and asked if they could get my checked bag so i could get more diapers. After an hour she finally ttells me they cant find my bag......(more stress). My bladder dumps again while i am standing at the counter and i can feel the pee leaking out of my soaked diaper and pad down my legs into my knee length boots. Thank god the skirt is long enough to hid it, but there is no way i can sit down without soiling my skirt. I loose it at this point crying. The girl at the counter doesnt know what to think. I whisper to her what happened and the crying continues a bit.

She was such a dear, took me to a private restroom to allow me to clean up. She goes down to the travel store and buys me some grandma panties. I clean up the best i can, my skirt is damp now. I add 2 of the huge maxi pads that come from the vending machines in the restroom, knowing they wont hold much. I had a pair of dress slacks in my diaper bag and changed into them. All while i am getting cleaned up, she calls Walgreens in Denver and orders some Depends briefs for me and has them taxied out to the airport for me (all on the airlines dime :-) )

I appreciate her effort and changed doubling up knowing they will leak too.

It is now 11pm and they completly cancel my flight and rebook me for tomarrow. At this point my bowels start to rumble

While taking the (very full) shuttle to the hotel my bowels suddenly release noisly. Here is a professionally dressed woman in a bus full of people and a wet noisly poo fills her diapper. I was slighly embaressed with all the stares from the noise, but the looks when the smell waifted around was too much, i lost it again crying.

We finally get to the hotel and i am allowed to be the first to check in.

My pants were soiled and wet from the buss ride. I changed and bagged my clothing and had the front desk take it to an all night cleaners. When i woke up the next morning my clothing was not on my door....omg

I call the front desk and they inform me that it is downstairs and i can come get them......I am about to loose it again. I explain to the 18yo blonde that unless she wants me prancing down to the lobby in just a diaper (i sent all my clothing to the cleaner) she will have it delivered. She finally agrees and about 10 min later there is a knock on the door, i peep out and it is the girl. I ask her to leave it on the door. She says she needs cash or a credit card.....ugh. I wrap in a towel and open the door, while getting my cash my towel falls off and she stairs at me, OMG you really do wear diapers.....yes sweetie i tell her. at this point i care less about my. modisty and just pay the bill and she leaves.

I get dresed and to make this long story shorter, make it home finally, but the airline still has no clue where my bags are.

I have to fly to Texas next week and will make sure i have a large carryon full of diapers and spare cloths.

Until next time

Barb

• Like 3

My experience was similar but not as bad. Last winter our flight kept getting delayed and we spent 18 hours waiting in the airport and then a 6 hour flight and an hour to clear customs. Our baggage was checked and through customs so we couldn't get them. I luckily had 3 Abena M4's in my bag and I cut back on the liquids. I won't make that mistake again.

Sorry this had happened, :( traveling can really suck sometimes. One thought though, instead of carrying a lot of diapers with you, why not try and ship some to the hotel you will be traveling at, so you KNOW you have some at your destination in Texas :thumbsup: yeah, you still have to carry some with you, but you wont have to make a midnight run for supplies just in case....Another thought...invest in some plastic pants, and possibly cloth diapers. The diapers make good stuffers / boosters, and are reuseable. The plastic pants just keep everything together in case of leaks.

Also, some flushable / disposable diaper liners. These help in case of a messy incident, and can be removed and flushed. this comes in handy if the diaper is only slightly wet, so you don't have to toss it out and waste something still usable. Just clean up and remove the liner, dump it and flush...and tape up and keep on keeping on.

And as mentioned above....I bet it was a cute scene with you standing there in the door when your towel dropped off ;)

:blush: Sorry, me being a D/L it's a kind of natural thought... But the moment was aggravating and I am sure it wasn't a pleasant experiance either way..but still... :blush:

Hope your net trip is a LOT less eventful :D and hopefully a LOT more fun!

Diaper pail pat and square duck, i am sure i was cute, and in different cermstances i would have enjoyed showing off....I am not sure if the hotel clerk was shocked, offended, or enjoyed the view. at that point i really didnt care. looking back she was cute....but a lil young.

I have shipped diapers when on a longer trip, but this was suppose to only be a 2 day thing. Usually unless my crones disease is acting up, i dont need more that 5-6 a day, but when stress hits, well you know.

Thank you everyone for your encourageing words

Barb

Boy, I SO know how you feel. This is why I always wear THICK diapers when traveling. It was a lot easier to do so before those stupid nude-o-scopes at the airport. Thankfully, I have TSA Pre-check most of the time, so I can wear thicker diapers on longer flights. For instance, when flying overseas, I am usually in an 2 Medium Abena's and a large Attends (as an example).

Per TSA regulation passengers with special needs are allowed to carry on an additional bag containing medical supplies. NEVER check your spare diapers. Plan for the worst, hope for the best. Hopefully you'll remember this for next time.

UPDATE!

So yesterday the airline sent me a picture of what was left of my suitcase and garment bag......totally destroyed and they have no idea where any of the contents are, go figure. So they just gave me a $500 credit on my credit card to get me started for replacement and when i get them a detailed list they will make up any difference. So this afternoon after i make my list i am heading out shopping to replace all my toiletries, clothing (including 3 business skirt suits$$$$) and suitcase. They have been super sympathetic towards me, perhaps my meltdown and problems were noted in the computer.....

Tomarrow morning i fly out to Texas, hopefully they dont loose my stuff again. This time i am taking the advice of someone on here of having a completly seperate carryon (diaper bag). I found a cute bag that looks more like a computer bag, so i am sure i will have to explain at TSA why i have a large purse, computer and a second bag. I am so beyond caring anymore. Since i always get patted down these days, its not that much more of an inconvience. I did some research last night and found out i can request a private room for them to search my bags if needed. At least not everyone in line will see that the cute middle aged business woman has a bag full of diapers, pads, wipes, rash cream......

Hugs

Barb

Where on the TSA does it say we can do that? Do we have to present a card showing the disability? I have literally had to spend money to check a bag of my diapers (no way you can go 5 days with just a carry an and expect to pack clothes, shoes, etc.

Spargano

actually ended up calling a number I found online and the person on the phone told me that I could bring an extra bag. when I got to the Portland Airport I explain to them what I was told they let me through. hope this helps

barb

Well, sorry to hear about your mangled baggage :badmood: hopefully nothing valuable (other then skirts) was in it....UGH!

Hope you rtrip to Texas is uneventful and you make it back in a better place then you left :)

barb, sorry to hear about your awful experience and hope it goes better next flight!

i laughed out loud at the end of your story though :-) you wrote: "I have to fly to Texas next week and will make sure i have a large carryon full of diapers and spare cloths." i'm reading this on my phone, and all the text is small, and i read that you will make sure you have a large *canyon* full of diapers next time you fly :-D that should do!

Spargano

actually ended up calling a number I found online and the person on the phone told me that I could bring an extra bag. when I got to the Portland Airport I explain to them what I was told they let me through. hope this helps

barb

It does thank you. I am assuming it was just the TSA contact line.

Edited by Spargano
  • Like 1

UPDATE!

So yesterday the airline sent me a picture of what was left of my suitcase and garment bag......totally destroyed and they have no idea where any of the contents are, go figure. So they just gave me a $500 credit on my credit card to get me started for replacement and when i get them a detailed list they will make up any difference. So this afternoon after i make my list i am heading out shopping to replace all my toiletries, clothing (including 3 business skirt suits$$$$) and suitcase. They have been super sympathetic towards me, perhaps my meltdown and problems were noted in the computer.....

Tomarrow morning i fly out to Texas, hopefully they dont loose my stuff again. This time i am taking the advice of someone on here of having a completly seperate carryon (diaper bag). I found a cute bag that looks more like a computer bag, so i am sure i will have to explain at TSA why i have a large purse, computer and a second bag. I am so beyond caring anymore. Since i always get patted down these days, its not that much more of an inconvience. I did some research last night and found out i can request a private room for them to search my bags if needed. At least not everyone in line will see that the cute middle aged business woman has a bag full of diapers, pads, wipes, rash cream......

Hugs

Barb