LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

wearing 24/7

So i seen my Doctor last week and he gave me a script for 4 cases of molicare super plus (I ask for the molicare) he wanted to give me the cheep ones. i use to never wear 24/7 i would wear at night or days that i had major prob. with my nerve damage now it just runs out with out stopping so The doc wants me to keep a log of when i change. so far i am going threw 6 in 24hours. Even with a premium diaper i am changing every 4 hours or so.

i go throw 4 -6 as no two days are the same^^

but the doctor insists on only 3 per day may be because i get lille lite maxi (not the cheapest of diapers but not the best but they still hold almost 4 decent wets)

(hes got no idea because

I have severe urinary, bur not fake cal incontinence. I wear Abena M4s 24/7. I generally use 3 during a 24 hour period: one overnight, on from the time I get up until mid to late afternoon, and one from mid to late afternoon until bed time.

People that go through more than three a day with good diapers must pee a lot. I can't see myself going through two Abenas in the day time until bedtime. Those things are thick and hold a lot.

I agree. Three or four premium diapers per day should be enough unless you're drinking a LOT of liquids during a day. I suspect that you are changing sooner than you need to. You could probably use a less expensive diaper if you want to change that often. The Molicare diapers have a lot more capacity than you are using.

That said, everyone is different. So, do what works for you.

You could try experimenting on a day when a leak wouldn't be a problem. Try wearing one diaper until lunch; another from lunch until late afternoon; if needed, a third from late afternoon until bedtime; and finally one over night.

I drink a fair bit of water to keep diaper rash down as well as UTI's and I go through 3 Tranquility ATN and one Abena M4 in a day ( Usually)

I haven't had a diaper rash in recent memory (at least 40 years). I have had only 2 UTI's and those were after the urologist stuck his scope in a very uncomfortable location.

Keep in mind, I've been wearing diapers for a very long time. I think my skin is either naturally a little oily or it has adapted. I do drink a fair amount of liquid during the day. An 8 oz of orange juice, a glass or two of milk, water or ice tea, and more diet soda than I probably should have keep me hydrated and the kidneys working.

Disposable diapers lock most of the liquid away in the gel. So, my skin isn't really all that wet until the diaper is really saturated. I seldom let things progress that far. What also helps is using wipes between changes to clean the skin and reduce the smell and ammonia and bacteria build up.

One thing I forgot to mention is that you need to avoid strong soaps like Dial. They remove the protective skin oils and leave you open to diaper rash infections.

I generally change 3 times a day. once when i get up, another at work generally around 2pm and again at night when I go to bed. For me usually it was the dry 24/7's during the day (though i am out of those now) and an abena x-plus at night. (Large with a stuffer those are fairly big on me and come up fairly high which is perfect for night time use since I tend to roll around quite a bit) Been using the medium bambino belissimo's during the day lately, atleast until the dry247's are back in stock, and those seem to be working quite well for me though I'm quite learry of using my medical hsa to buy those so have been using my regular pocket money for those.

I have been 24/7 for over a year and a half and find myself going threw 4 or 5 diapers or pull ups a day. And usually one night time heavy diaper or two. But I am a girl and a clean freak. I do not like UTI'S and get at lest 5 a year so I change a lot. I wear Tranquility All Through the Night at bed time and a few different types during the day. Abena, Tena, BJ's store brand briefs. But you have to be comfortable. Some people can wet a couple times and be good but most times I cant. Unless I am out somewhere it is not easy to get changed. Good luck. S&W

I am not incontinent. I do wear 24/7 by choice. On days I work, I tend to have four-six, but that is largely due to fluid intake. I can not, not drink, when I am sitting at a desk all day, and I start every morning with a 64 ounce of Ice Tea... and at lunch, I refill it and go for part two. (128 a day is down from when I used to go through that cup four times a day. Doctor suggested that was why I was always feeling bloated...)

I am not incontinent. I do wear 24/7 by choice.

(snip)

Finally, keep every Vons, Ralphs, or other plastic shopping bag you can, and or get the giant freezer ziplocks. You will be thankful for the isolation of odors. If you don't dispose of the diapers well, your house will gradually start to smell.

(snip)

Compression shorts, tights, etc... are your friend! They keep the diaper from drooping (snip)

ZorahFan,

You seem to be copying some of my old posts! I am glad if they are helpful!

I noticed that I urinate more at night than during the day. I drink about 2 gal. of fluid a day and stop drinking about 2-3 hrs before bed and I still have to go 3-4 times a night. I usually go through 2 diapers a night and 1 diaper a day if I travel. (Tranquility Slimline - they seem to fit the best and hold the most for my money since I have to buy the myself my Dr. won't write a script.)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I noticed that I urinate more at night than during the day. I drink about 2 gal. of fluid a day and stop drinking about 2-3 hrs before bed and I still have to go 3-4 times a night. I usually go through 2 diapers a night and 1 diaper a day if I travel.

These numbers, by themselves, don't seem to add up. If you are actually drinking 8 liters per day and not strenuously exercising, or in a very warm, dry place, excessive thirst is a sign of endocrine issues such as various forms of diabetes.