LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

History of ABDL community

Star Baby

I am curious on how a lot of you found the ABDL community. For the most part a lot of us just googled some lucky phrase that pulled up a site related to it. I was lucky and one day while I was looking up adult diapers I found DPF and it let me know that there was such a thing as adult babies and diaper lovers. It was amazing and it made me not feel like a freak for liking what I did. I still know I am a freak but that's for a different reasons ;)but through finding out that term I was able to find this site I will admit I wasn't 18 yet so DailyDi don't be mad but I snuk in. The question I have for everyone is I want to know how you found out it's okay to love diapers and to want to be a baby. I am really curious to find out from the people who had to deal with coming to terms with everything before the internet was out or relevant. I am a history major so this really intrigues me and I would love to know more about this. I know there is a good chance this May or may not been asked before but I couldn't find it

Honestly... it would be more how I even got in it. But I would have to say I found somesite with a chat room. They had a adult and teen room. I joined the teen one since I was in middle school then and went from there.

I first discovered there were others like me through--of all things--the Ann Landers column. This must have been when I was in my late teens or early twenties, way before there was any such thing as the internet. A man wrote in saying he liked being treated like a baby by his wife. She'd feed him, bathe him and change his diapers, he said. It was here that I first came across the word "infantilism."

I found out in 1997 by randomly typing in diapers and I found all these message boards (that is what forums were like in the days, just message boards than forums) and it was about people wearing diapers due to bed wetting or because they like how comfortable they feel. I even read how some parents were letting their kids wear diapers or letting them wear them during the day because they wore them to bed for bed wetting and the kid kept it on all day after he got up. I felt thrilled and didn't know it was normal to like them. I did also find a few websites where adults were dressed up like babies.

I thought something was wrong with me all those years before I found DPF on the internet back in 1996, I was transferred to Hawaii in 1996, and was doing an internet search for Adult Diapers and found DPF, I was floored by how many other people were into the diapers like myself. I just started reading the forums, and relating to what people were talking about back then. The feelings we get wearing diapers, why we like to wear diapers.

Thanks for everyone who posted so far. I never knew that Sears sold cloth diapers that were big enough for adults.

They used to, through their Home Health Care catalog, but I never liked them much. They had a soaker in the center that looked and felt as though it were made out of some denim-like material, and were distressingly uncomfortable for a cloth diaper (not very soft, regardless of how you washed them). They seemed, at least to me, to be very institutional and not much like real diapers at all. Not that it matters, really, since they were discontinued about ten years ago. I think they can still be found on ebay, though.

I was referred to DPF by Mommy Carolyn in 1983

I'm always interested in hearing stories about how people discovered and bough adult cloth diapers back in the early 1980's long before the internet. I know about the 'Sears' cloth diapers mentioned that they use to sell decades ago, and they were truly awful. Sort of like a device used for a cruel punishment in a institution. That itchy middle panel was for the birds. :blink:

I was surfing 4chan /b/, where they had diaper image threads every once in a while. Those threads rekindled desires I had buried for a long time. I did a search, and found ADISC first. They didn't have very much diaper info, so I searched again and found DD through the diaper reviews list. I then left ADISC because at that time they had minors on there and I only wanted to talk to adults, plus they didn't really allow fetish talk. I was also able to discover an MLP diaper comnunity on Google+ through an infamous person who did nothing to hide their fetish. I then found out several of the people I'd already been chatting and hanging out with on there were ABDL's and sissies too.

As a child I had a small, over-active bladder. Many of the women in my family had bladder problems. My Mom was urinary incontinent. So Mom asked me to wear "just-in-case" diapers on trips and to special events. At puberty I lost my night control, so I pinned on my own gauze diapers. In 1981 I left home for a university dorm without coin laundry, so I started wearing Attends. Then in the summer of 1985 I lost all of my day control.

• 2 weeks later...

Like alot of you I had these diaper yearnings long before I knew there were others like me. But the first I ever heard that there were others was around 1973 or 74. My buddies and I (I was 13-14)

It's really fascinating to hear about some of the small publications here and there that featured the occasional articles about adult babies and diaper lovers. I would love to find out if anybody has had the opportunity to scan any of those articles and convert them to PDF files over the years.

I found more ABDL when AOL was like 7 bucks an hour in a hidden chat room called "DIAPERS" which I think was in the mid 90s. From there I discovered DPF, and DD. Went to places like Fetlife, and other bdsm sites, and found my way back here.

I found more ABDL when AOL was like 7 bucks an hour in a hidden chat room called "DIAPERS" which I think was in the mid 90s. From there I discovered DPF, and DD. Went to places like Fetlife, and other bdsm sites, and found my way back here.