LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do we need professional help?

Wannabees incontinent need help  

58 members have voted

1. 1. People who want to be incontinent need professional help

• True, they need psychological therapy before harming themselves
    • True, they need a surgeon to perform surgery to become incontinent in a safe way
    • Not true, these people may be different, but they manage to handle this desire quite fine
    • Not true, these people are not different than the rest, it is only a fantasy

What do you think? Is it a good thing that we are looking for ways to partly degenerate our healthy bodies, or exposing it to infections, only to experience something most people would find very embarrassing......

Do we need help, or are we doing just fine?

It depends on how seriously people are taking this. If this is mainly a fantasy people are acting out and playing around with that has little chance of long term damage change to themselves or someone else, then I don't see it as a problem. I don't think that people wearing diapers 24/7 for weeks on end is likely to fall into this category.

If you are risking your health you need to take stock of your life. If you are negatively affecting people in your life then you have an addiction problem.

Both of those scenarios could merit seeking professional help, and indeed some of it is ignorance of some risks.

Though for those who have decided to walk down this road and have been doing it for longer than a few months I think it is safe to say that some serious thought has accompanied the decision. Blake Jordan gave a wonderful summation in his thread.

For me, I would say that guides that lay out the risks for each possible choice would be beneficial as opposed to seeking a reply buried in a forum. Professional help in the form of knowledge would be beneficial.

Spargano

edited: I created a blog issue for this, which I hope one of our better writers/coders could rework/rewrite into a sticky

All you really have to do is wear diapers 24/7 for a year or more and stop using the toilet your bladder will become so week you will need diapers you dont need surgery if you follow the 12 month guid to diaper dependency. If you think you need to have surgery to become IC I think you might need help cause it can be accomplished with out doing harm to yourself.

As I've gotten older and more worldly in my understanding of all the different kinds of things (kinks, fetishes, interests, whatever the right term is) that a great many people (more than I ever would have imagined 20 years ago) are into and indulge in, I've also come to see much of it as pretty harmless in the greater scheme of things.

I think you should do a self-check by someone that will give you a non sugar coated answer. That can be someone you trust, a therapist etc.

I will say that not all psychological professionals are created equal. Ultimately you have to make the choice for yourself. When I was a teen, I was sent to a psychiatrist, who subsequently tried to "cure" me. (His terns were "rid me of these desires and fetish impulses permanently.") Needless to say as we know now these desires cannot be cured only controlled. The damage it did to my psyche sending messages that I was doing something wrong and the subsequent damage it did, between my parents and my relationship took years to recover from. Many mental blocks were put up, both emotional and on the subject, and in the end the rebound effect was much like yo-yo effect of dieting. Short term success, long term failure. The desire and need to wear came back, eventually stronger than ever.

So the moral of that story is people in psychology are not experts in every field. On the flip side, you can easily find a kink friendly shrink and your gonna hear what you want to (or more likely).

In the end, talk to someone, and decide, do the benefits outweigh all the crap I'm gonna have to deal with...and...is there any other way I can be happy, live my life (such as just wearing 24/7, as I feel I need to, etc maintaing control, without actively trying to lose continence).

If not, then by all means go for it, however do the self check from time to time, and if/when the crap outweighs the benefits, it's time to do a double check, and consider turning back, or getting help to reverse the effects, whether it be 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years or 20 years in.

My .02 cents.

-Blake-

Blake Jordan's assessment of psychological professions is my exact hesitation with turning to them. Finding an objective person is often hard too because we all come with our own biases of what is moral and immoral.

There are a lot of therapists that are glorified yes men (unless what you are doing is wrong), but from my own experience and training a lot of psychology is reflection. It is a fishing expedition into the psyche for your answer, not the psychologists. I was trained never to supply answers but reflect what my patients said back to them and ask open ended questions. So, from my experience, the therapist would pull from you your own belief on whether it is wrong or right to do, and also provide the social ramifications of decisions.

If you have not thought of all the ramifications or sorted out your personal beliefs then a therapist would be very beneficial, and not just for this fetish. However, if you have an objective person then you can reflect, and decide.

But as Maheedl said , it is important to understand and accept this is not normal. Not wrong, not evil, not dangerous (if done safely) but not mainstream.

Spargano

I think if you want to be Incontinent you should do what makes you happy.....

Your choice in underwear harm no one. Your dependence on them affect only you.

Do you think it would be different when you have a partner or children?

I forget where I heard this but it goes something like this. "My therapist says I'm perfectly normal with all my flaws. The voices in my head say differently. Maybe they should get together and just let me know who's right."

As I said above I am all for people who want to be incontinent and do so by ways that are unharming to oneself. I feel that if you want to do it by the quickfix way of surgery that you should be discusing it with a therapist. Because it is a life altering experiance with no chance of returning back. You may want to be incontinent now but years later regret your decision and with the 12month program and cath ways you may be able to reverse with IC meds and potty training and therefore dont think you need to see a shrink for those ways. But you need to think of your future when making these decisions and I think Blake mentioned chatting with those that have acheive incontinence through the nonsurgery ways. Good luck on your journey.

BabyLee75

• 3 weeks later...

I think anyone who becomes incontinent by choice should be required to sign forms of intent and Give up all insurance rights to any kind of urology treatment for incontinence or continence so that they know they are fully financially responsible for their choice for the rest of their lives. with no excuses.

I think anyone who becomes incontinent by choice should be required to sign forms of intent and Give up all insurance rights to any kind of urology treatment for incontinence or continence so that they know they are fully financially responsible for their choice for the rest of their lives. with no excuses.

I believe that this statement is dead on 100% correct. It allows you to do what you want to do, without harming others.

By others I need the general public. Not family, or friends. You have to work those issues on your own.

I don't know about never seeing a urologist if something is wrong, but I would definitely agree with insurance regarding diapers. If we chose this life we should pay for it. Maybe I am alone in that thought.

Spargano

No Spargano if something is medically wrong by all means any doctor you need, but i'm saying that people have to put real thought into this and commit either way, Theres a person who comes on the board who lives in a halfway house(they finally

Not at all. This must always be understood as a luxury, not a flat out need. I would agree with you 100% regarding the individual you describe, that's why i mentioned insurance and diapers because I have read elsewhere of people trying to become in continent and then trying to get insurance to pay for the diapers. Unless they were prescribed by a psychologist as absolutely needed that would be extremely unethical. It's one thing to fib about your need to wear, it is another thing entirely when money is involved...

Spargano

I tend to think that getting the taxpayers to pay for the after-care of a smoking, fast food, alcohol, drug, or sex addiction is repugnant too, but they're not preventing that. Just playing devil's advocate here, I wouldn't game the system that way. On the other hand, had I a genuine condition (medical or self imposed) and my doctor offered a prescription of a decent disposable, I'd probably accept a package or two if things were tight, but I wouldn't expect my insurance to pay for the whole supply.