LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I have been visa card frauded.

I was defrauded on one card LITERALLY two days after I'd received new ones from the bank since the old ones were about to expire. Thankfully it was on a joint-account with other members of the household that's Grandfathered into a lifetime plan where I'm not liable for any fraudulent charges, so I didn't lose anything other than a little bit of time. I've been targeted before, but the bank has been great at not letting theives rob my accounts blind, and I've never actually lost anything. Still, there are multiple ways thieves can steal CC info from hacking websites and making you think they're secure when they're not to double-swiping your card in person. I can't comment on other parts of the world but here are two tips for people in the USA.

I was defrauded on one card LITERALLY two days after I'd received new ones from the bank since the old ones were about to expire. Thankfully it was on a joint-account with other members of the household that's Grandfathered into a lifetime plan where I'm not liable for any fraudulent charges, so I didn't lose anything other than a little bit of time. I've been targeted before, but the bank has been great at not letting theives rob my accounts blind, and I've never actually lost anything. Still, there are multiple ways thieves can steal CC info from hacking websites and making you think they're secure when they're not to double-swiping your card in person. I can't comment on other parts of the world but here are two tips for people in the USA.

Wakko

I have had special purpose one-time use CC numbers offered to me a few years back, and they are excellent security if you distrust your vendor or their security. I don't know if they are still available or not in the US where I am. Amazon shops and PayPal take over much of the same market function, helping assure security when dealing with unfamiliar and smaller vendors.

As for efficiency, it is simple enough on the bank's end...the question is whether it is too much hassle on your end or not, since you have to collect those one-time numbers from the bank somehow.

When you pay by check you're giving them your checking account number. I'd rather pay by credit card, then if it gets stolen, etc, I'm not out anything.

Exactly why one should be VERY careful about using the debit cards......it grants direct access to the bank account. Better to use a credit card; it'll automatically limit the damages....or just use cash

Actually, I have never had any of the gas stations freeze any funds.

Not every gas station will freeze your funds, but I wouldn't want to unsuspectedly get stuck at one that did. It really depends on how their systems are set up and how long it takes them to transmit your payment to their processor. Some gas stations still do this once a week by satellite internet even in 2013. I'm glad that you found my advice useful though.

• 4 weeks later...

Identity security is something the FTC(federal trades commission) says that American's are being defrauded and having their Identities stolen because of lack of education. Learn how to protect yourself and your identity and credit cards. Monitoring your accounts is an excellent start. Checking your credit report annually at http://www.annualcreditreport.com or subscribing to services to monitor your FICO score and credit ratings.

• 5 months later...

Ugh! I had to replace my debit card today as a precautionary measure. Within seconds of getting off of the phone with my bank, another member of my household received a call from their bank because of a defrauded debit card. None of us are out any money, and we're careful with our accounts, but the crooks seem to have really become more active around here recently.

that reminds me of a pic I saw online recently, some young fool was so happy about having a card that she took a pic of it and shared it online, some people asked what the numbers on the back of it was and she told them, id say she is in for a rude awakening.

All Banks now offer Zero liability on CC and DC cards due to the fact that the US ATM and POS networks do not utilize Micro chips in the cards as European Cards have,And American companies have been very slow in adopting those machines and cards because they are more expensive and every current CC card machine in the US would need replacement. So the Congress & FTC said Banks are responsible for all fraud on there cards in the USA until they replace the network Machines and Cards with the dual Cards with microchips and all the ATMS and POS terminals are done with microchips. So Fear not it's your banks responsibility to have security and to protect you and your money.People from Europe do not have these problems like Americans do.

It all depends on how careful with them you are. I haven't used cash in 20 years now (with a few rare occasions). I haven't had a single case where someone else used my card without my permission. The only real trouble I've had with using my debit card is it might get blocked if I make an unusual purchase with it somewhere out of town.

I am am not worried about it, as soon as the deposed prince of Nigeria deposits the 30 million dollars in my account, for helping him out of a jam, I don't have to worry about the nickel and dime stuff anymore.

• Like 1