LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Leaking Out The Top Front When Sitting.

Hello the wife and i took a road trip 210 miles. And I leaked out the top of my diaper an abena m-4. Any tips on how to prevent this when seated for long periodds? I made sure i was pointing down too.

as one incon to another it happens like binky says disposibles have an issue with leaks

when i go on long rides i ware a water proof cover over my diaper ti carch as much as it can

also if you watch the vids on how to apply a diaper that if you do it right you can minimize the amount of leaks you get

Most disposable diapers have a space of an inch or two between the top front of the diaper and the top of the padding. I fold the top of the diaper down inside. This forms a waterproof barrier that stops most leaks out the front top. At least it almost always works for me.

I have had this happen a number of times and it got kind of embarrassing :blush: since the bottom of my shirt got wet as well as leaving a wet spot on my jeans.. Anyways, I had though of the above, (folding the waist band down) but that only works with diapers that don't have an elastic waistband, that feature, though nice, makes doing something like that difficult. I'm sitting here in a soggy Abena M4 and terry lined plastic pants and I have soaked this thing hard and no leaks...sooooo maybe thats the whole thing, terry plastic pants and a heavy diaper..*shrug* haven't had an Abena leak on me...but had issues with others... Maybe I have to rethink the desirability of an elastic waistband feature... to be replaced with some kind of leak guard across the top....for us guys mostly :P

Like adhb, I fold the top of my diaper inside and I never get leaks that the top unless I am laying down and am really soaked. It's easy to do in front but the position of the tapes may make it tougher or impossible in the back. Still, most diaper have enough excess so that you can do this to some degree so it's worth trying. Another consideration is that diapers almost always absorb in front first and the compression from the car seat may prevent the back from absorbing at all, so that when the front is soaked you're done. Had you been standing you'd have had more reachable capacity.

Hello thanks for the feed back. My wife thinks I forgot to fold the plastic in.On the way out i didn't leak but she also helped me diaper before we left and she always folds the front in. She was busy spending time with the grand kids so i didn't bother her for help when i changed for the trip home. I like the idea of putting booster across the front too. Thanks again everyone.

Like the others are saying. Get a bigger diaper and try folding in the top inch just above the front padding. If you still get leaking over the top then go with diaper doubler or better yet a different brand (since they all fit everyone differently).

I agree partially with the above post. Allowing the diapers to breathe outside the packaging is crucial. Another thing I find helps a lot is to stretch out the sides.

Adding a stuffer (in the front) will help with leaks (for males), but don't buy stuffers that are blocked off at the bottom, you want a constant flow through the stuffer so the back of the diaper will start to create a wicking effect, (instead of only the front wicking). When positioned properly, the stuffer will block the front top area of the diaper so the (Middle/Lower back area) takes more of the wetting.

Hope this helps, this was certainly an issue that used to bother me.

Also, try to "go" as often as you can. That will also help in creating a desired flow area. Waiting a long time and then going all at once is usually problematic, unless you're lying down in an M4 Abena :D

• 1 month later...

Hello the wife and i took a road trip 210 miles. And I leaked out the top of my diaper an abena m-4. Any tips on how to prevent this when seated for long periodds? I made sure i was pointing down too.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I can give some advice, not a lot, but a little bit... I wear 24/7, I drive a truck, and I am seated for my entire shift, 10 to 11 hours +/- a bit Normal day is about 8.75 to 9.25 hours of the 11 hour maximum, anyway, I find that a stuffer in the middle of the diaper works great, I do not point my tool down anymore as that creats more leaks in the leg area even with plastic pants on... I find when I am going to be seated for long periods to let it be in the front or in between down, and up, make sure you stop to change or at least walk around every 3 hours on long trips...(3 hours = 150 miles = Load checks, and diaper checks) easy way to control leakage, and not make a mess of the seat you are in, (just an idea) Hope that helps as it works for me anyway...