LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nra Reasoning

@ Mischa (The ATF has been trying to stem private sales for yrs. They had a campain {sp) about 20 yrs ago trying to get people to use a FFL holder to exchange weapons) Which would have regestered all guns to some point. There are stiil

im not avoiding anything, and frankly your anger is unwarranted. as i have said private sales need no ffl, that is the key word, PRIVATE sales, such as a sale of a gun from me to you, unless i would be a professional dealer for a shop somewhere, in which case i would be asking you to fill out the 4473, and i would run it past the fbi or whoever is contacted.

Mischa, your anger may be clouding your perception. First, as I understand it, NC did not stop private sales after the accident (which by the way has been cleared as no laws were broken). What they did was temporarily stop all gun shows until they could determine what, if anything, to do. They may have stopped private sellers from taking a gun to the show to sell to a dealer there (which was the case with the accidentally discharged shotgun) and that is not any more wrong or illegal than them taking it to the same gun dealer at his shop down the street to sell it ;) Further, US law prevents states from going past Federal laws, so while States can enact laws as to how a gun is stored, used, and carried, they cannot regulate whether a person can own a gun beyond what the ATF says. So private gun sales cannot be legally stopped by any State. And the Second Amendment keeps the Feds from doing that :)

Any legislation is not going to keep criminals from obtaining guns illegally--that's part of what makes them CRIMINALS. They disobey laws. The current gun reform is simply for accountability so that the law enforcement agencies can make sure that people own guns legally. If you enjoy guns and are a law-abiding citizen, then there should be no objection to background checks and gun registration. As far as assault weapons go, if you aren't a military agency or a law enforcement agency, why the hell do you need an assault weapon? I know I'll take a lot of flack for saying this, but it's about like buying a Hummer to do your weekly grocery shopping and run errands--much more than what is necessary. I'm not a gun owner but I used to enjoy target practice when my brother had a gun. Still, as enjoyable as guns can be, they are extremely dangerous. Regulations are for keeping people safe--not taking away anyone's rights...unless you plan to kill someone, that is. And the self-defense argument doesn't always hold much weight because in most cases the criminal is a much better shot and has already prepared to shoot you before you even take aim.

Bettypooh, I have NEVER ONCE heard of the Afghans manufacturing their own weapons aside from IEDs, let alone surface-to-air missiles.

no, its not warranted, a private owner can sell to another private owner, a dealer must do things by the book, that means 4473's, a call to the fbi or whatever agency, and then a sale if allowed, you will not convince me of a loophole.

Only because you don't want to be convinced then.

no, its not warranted, a private owner can sell to another private owner, a dealer must do things by the book, that means 4473's, a call to the fbi or whatever agency, and then a sale if allowed, you will not convince me of a loophole.

Mischa, the "Private Sales" referred to persons coming to the show with the intent to sell, swap, or trade a gun they already owned to a dealer at the show. Being that individual sales are legal, they cannot prohibit that from happening elsewhere, but that is prohibited at the show by anyone who is not a FFL dealer who has registered themselves to sell there. It is not the 'free for all' you seem to think it is :screwy: That some will bend their morals to circumvent such regulations is wrong, but until you prove their intent that is perfectly legal.

I am finding this topic very educational. But I have a question. Gun dealer vs a private sale. With the restrictions on gun dealers, why doesn't everyone just claim they are making a private sale? It would seem to be alot easier. What are the bonuses of being a gun dealer?

all you have proven is that you are incapable of a civil discussion, resorting to insults and putting down anyone that "dares" not agree with you, and plainly tells what the fact is, which is in this case that private owners can sell guns without a check, its in the law, not a loop hole, and that dealers at gun shows are required to do the 4473 and checks, that is the law. as the for the congress part, frankly i never had an interest in it, it would require giving up my honesty, and i will choose not to stoop down to the level you have chosen so i will not be throwing that insult back at you, in other words i prefer the high road. betty as very well explained things to you, if you cant see it, it is because you choose not to.

I am finding this topic very educational. But I have a question. Gun dealer vs a private sale. With the restrictions on gun dealers, why doesn't everyone just claim they are making a private sale? It would seem to be alot easier. What are the bonuses of being a gun dealer?

To answer your question as best as I can I'll start w/ an FFL holder.

As a licensed holder You can buy wholesale, Ship via most shipping company's to or from place of address the FFL is held at, an only to another FFL holder.

I like and believe in the NRA and will join the NRA soon. We nee to be protected from the criminals. Gun control will not solve anything. Criminals don't obey the law and will find ways to get a gun. More people die from drunk driving then a gun