LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are Ab And Dl Desires More Mainstream Than We Know?

Okay, its my understanding that there are a larger number of men who are ABs and DLs. While some posters may dispute this, I have a strong feeling that a majority of this community is men. Even still... I think all ABs and DLs will find this piece of writing I posted below VERY interesting.

• Like 1

Hi NewGuy20, I read the blog you posted the link to and the below comments. I think you may have found some pretty sound evidence there of underlying psychological needs that in some people may come out as AB/DL-ism! I'm not a psychologist though so this is an uneducated opinion but I think your theory may be fairly sound. You may want to take into account, though that this is just one guy's take on what men really want and how they are inside.

AB desires,maybe Bot as far as DL outside the "baby/little"context. I do not even understand it and nobody I've come across outside of here does although some know it exists. The "[so-and-so] likes to wear diapers" or something like that, I hear mostl used as a comic reference to kinkiness in a demeaning way. No it is taken alomst for granted that

I doubt that DL desires are any more mainstream than we thought, but AB might be somewhat more common than believed. Like Sarah and NewGuy20 noted, much of it is the same thing just with a different level or setting or object involved. I don't see a 'fine line' here- I see a broad hazy one ;) I see some who are definitely AB and some who definitely are not and some who are in that haziness B) I don't see a need to make that distinction unless you want to make it for yourself :thumbsup: AB is something that will never be definable to such an extent that it becomes 'either/or' for everybody :whistling: What I do believe however is that few people are fully "grown-up" before their mid-30's, with many never really ever "growing up" :o It seems to take that long before most people can always fully control their actions and think past their personal preferences and feelings. This is why the people who penned the US Constitution wrote that a person has to be at least 35 before they can wield the power of being President- can you imagine what level of damage an immature person in that office could do to our nation? <_<

Most of what David Wygant is writing is that men respond to positive reinforcement behavior modification techniques. No duh! It works for women too, but the rewards are must match the individual. Other animals also respond to

dl desires

wantig comfort

wanting security

wanting safety

wanting an object that turns you on

wanting ti engage in an actiity tha turns you on

wanting undergarments that make you feel protected

wanting to see someone else in clothing you find attractive

all are desires/reasons i have read on these boards as to why people are dls..... again those are all universal needs that dls simply fill by using a diaper these needs are filled by people every day using different objects or people etc ....

again the basic desires wants and needs are the same .... its the tolls and scenarios we use to fullfill them that are unique

I doubt that DL desires are any more mainstream than we thought, but AB might be somewhat more common than believed. Like Sarah and NewGuy20 noted, much of it is the same thing just with a different level or setting or object involved. I don't see a 'fine line' here- I see a broad hazy one ;) I see some who are definitely AB and some who definitely are not and some who are in that haziness B) I don't see a need to make that distinction unless you want to make it for yourself :thumbsup: AB is something that will never be definable to such an extent that it becomes 'either/or' for everybody :whistling: What I do believe however is that few people are fully "grown-up" before their mid-30's, with many never really ever "growing up" :o It seems to take that long before most people can always fully control their actions and think past their personal preferences and feelings. This is why the people who penned the US Constitution wrote that a person has to be at least 35 before they can wield the power of being President- can you imagine what level of damage an immature person in that office could do to our nation? <_<

well i have did a little study between myself and my wife to test this before....i would say it is more common then u may think...as for women there are more then we think...but they have no trouble finding a guy...made a profile of my wife on mojo and put her as single and every picture showed her in diapers...she was getting 20 + messages a day with out sending any messages...and all of those guys were cool and accepting of it...made one of myself the same way and only got about 10 messages a month...so guys have to try harder then females to find someone that will be cool with it...

Turtlepins: the hypothesis goes that the AB regressive trait is instilled prior to age 6/7, even though it may be latent until a later time when it emerges. Most ABs, when pushed, can remember some baby-related feelings etc from early years. Later on, circumstances dictate that the AB nature surfaces more strongly.

There is probaby no accurate way to obtain figures for AB/DL desires. Not everyone comes to these sites, and I can only assume that there are quite a few people that keep AB/DLism as their deep, dark secret. Counting members on Daily Diapers probably wouldn't be an accurate number for that reason. Then there are people who still enjoy doing things that they did as children, but are those really considered "adult baby" things? It is said that "the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

To add to the anecdotes, I trace my earliest diaper-memory back to when I would have been about 5. I remember standing in the hallway in our old house, and my mother was in the process of pinning a cloth diaper on my (2 year younger) brother.

She said, "perhaps you can be a big boy and not need this tonight?" He nodded, and she handed him his regular day time underwear to wear under his pajamas. Then she went and changed the diaper on my four-year-younger brother. The impression I remember clearly, though, was my mother being cold and fast handing me my pajamas to wear, and then warm and affectionate when she was pinning the diaper on my brother. She was fast and dismissive when she handed him the underwear, and then warm and affectionate when changing my littlest brother.

I have the distinct (but eminently not provable) belief that it was that perception that instilled the love of diapers in my mind. Diapers = kind, affectionate mom. Underwear/pajamas = cold, detached mom. Hence, diapers=good.

Couple that with the points in the original article, which I take to be "[most] everyone likes being treated affectionately, and most people are most affectionate to their kids, in general, so if you treat your spouse like you treat your kids, for most people that will be more affectionate than you treat them today". So, in my twisted mind if I wear diapers, people [mom] will be more affectionate to me.

Or something like that.

[Note: I'm not actually saying my mom was ever cold and dismissive, or anything like that. She just didn't need to help get me changed since I was just wearing pajamas, and with two younger brothers there were other priorities. To my simple mind, I was being blown off; in real life she was just prioritizing.]

Just wanted to touch on this a little. Based solely on my experience, not on any empirical data, I think it really depends on the definition of ABDL. Following the strict definition and assuming an interest in diapers and regression to babyhood, then I agree with you. However, many use the term ABDL very loosely and try to encompass all age players. In that case, I think I would have to disagree on the ratio.....