LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Feedback For Bambinos

I have been a visitor to this site and reader of these forums for many years now, but this is the first time I have decided to create my own post. The reason that I am posting is to attempt to get some quality control feedback to the company that makes Bambinos diapers. I have visited the website for Bambinos multiple times over the last several months and attempted to utilize the tab labeled "Contact Us", but the tab is currently inoperable and has been for quite some time.

In my opinion Bambino makes some of the best adult diapers currently available, but the diapers do have one fatal flaw. In particular the new Bambino Bellissimo diaper has an excellent fit and absorbency. The problem is that the tapes on the Bambino diapers tend to let go and come unattached after 3-4 hours of wear. This is particularly bad with the Bellissimo diaper because this means the the diaper is usually at only half of its absorbent capacity or less when the tapes fail. Considering the price of the Bellisimo diaper, throwing one away after only utilizing half of its capacity is definitely hard on the pocketbook. Currently, whenever I wear the Bellissimo I supplement the tapes using a decorative duct tape with a childish design, but I honestly feel that this is an unnecessary inconvenience to the customer.

The main diaper that I am comparing the Bellissimo to in my experiences are the diapers made by the folks over at ABU. Specifically, I am thinking about the Cushies and Super Dry Kids lines. While those diapers never have a problem with the tapes failing, the absorbency and fit of those diapers leave a lot to be desired.

Before I continue, I feel the need to point out that while I wish these flaws in each companies diaper designs were not present, I am quite grateful that these companies do exist. When I initially rediscovered my AB/DL side, these companies were not making such fine products and I was forced to go to medical supply companies to buy a quality adult diaper. If neither of these companies improve their product I will probably still continue to use their products. At this point I am simply trying to help the companies to improve what is already a good product and provide some suggestions to help make it a great product.

So I guess what I am trying to ask is if anyone knows a way to get some good quality feedback to the company that currently makes Bambinos. In my opinion, this company is a lot closer to creating the perfect AB diaper whereas ABU still has some major design problems that would be harder to fix. From my perspective it would appear that creating some tapes which have a bit more surface area and a stronger adhesive would be much easier than redesigning an entire diaper for better fit and absorbency while keeping the tapes you already have. If anybody knows of a way to get some feedback to this company I would much appreciate any suggestions that you may have. Also, while I have tried many different brands of diaper over the years I certainly have not tried them all, so if anyone has any suggestions for a diaper that they feel compares favorably to the Bellissimo, but does not have the issue with tape failure, I would definitely appreciate hearing from you.

In conclusion, I am sorry for the giant wall of text, but this topic has been on my mind for quite some time now and I wanted to make sure it was expressed fully and completely in order to give it the best chance for being well received. Thanks for reading,

Natane

Its funny how we can have completely different experiences with the same diaper. I found the tapes on the Bellisimos almost too good. To the point where I have a heck of a time pulling them off. I put one of my Bellas through the 24 hour test with NO signs of tape failure......

Each one I've worn so far has had tapes that stick like....well I cannot think of the proper analogy....but they've been FAR superior to anything else I've worn.

Bambino needs to work on the fit. All medium Bambino diapers are too short and I would recommend making them longer by a couple of inches or more. This would help improve the seal between the legs and also hopefully prevent the lower tapes from digging into to the thighs when the diaper gets wet.

The tapes stick well, but I would recommend increasing the strength of the tapes so they stop failing by ripping at the base. The tapes in their current state creep or fatigue (depending on the type of stress) far too easily in my opinion often resulting in the failure I am talking about.

The Bellisimo diaper is a great diaper, but these are my most pressing complaints.

Something on my wishlist is Bambino coming up with a diaper design that is more for a baby girl. That would make me very happy.

• Like 1

I also would appreciate a baby girl designed diaper, but I understand that it is cost prohibitive for the company to do so. That's why most AB diapers feature a unisex design. I am also afraid that the reason the "Contact Us" link no longer works on their website is due to the fact that they were receiving so many suggestions that simply weren't beneficial from a cost analysis perspective. Or maybe they simply don't realize that their link no longer functions. Hard to say really.

Couldn't agree more with Jason. While I haven't had the same experiences as the OP at all, I would LOVE for Bambino's to be taller again, like they originally were. I LOVE the Bellisimos. I love the plastic covering, thickness, and the design is pretty neat, too. I just wish they were a tad taller. The Large is too big for me, FYI. I also recognize that everybody has a different shape and size, and for some, the size of the medium is perfect. But there can be no doubt that the size of Bambino's Medium diapers is notably different from the medium sized diapers of most other manufactures. As a result, I, too have noticed the bottom tape digging into my thigh when very wet and eventually coming loose. If this is during the day at home, I can simply re-tape and fix before its too late, but its not practical to do so when out and about, and obviously, when I'm asleep, lol.

It amazes me people complain about the tapes - I just can't imagine - it almost makes me want to make a video just showing the strength of the tapes objectively. I don't know if people are just putting them on too tight or what but honestly I have never really had a problem with Bambino tapes or ABUniverse tapes.

@Adriansurley absolutely I agree, whilst I've had one experience where the tape broke it was my own doing. I applied way too much force against it and it broke. Bambino's are a quality brand and I'm thankful they're distributed in oz finally!

• Like 1

@Adriansurley absolutely I agree, whilst I've had one experience where the tape broke it was my own doing. I applied way too much force against it and it broke. Bambino's are a quality brand and I'm thankful they're distributed in oz finally!

Theyre being distributed in AUS?? Thats the best news ive heard in a long time, Can you tell me who is distributing them?

With me, i have to pull the sides/tapes in quite a bit to fit me, but as long as i get all four on the shiny, plastic, landing strip, I've never had an issue with them coming undone or even being uncomfortable... Maybe that's one of the very few perks of trying to wear medium diapers as an extraneously small person xD

Different body shapes. I'm convinced that over the years my belly gets bigger but my ass gets smaller! Sometimes I feel like my diaper will slide right off if I don't wear suspenders on it! I've found that diaper tapes, for the most part, are strong enough to do the job with the exceptions of some defective diapers where they were not attached from the factory properly. The thing is, I have caught myself pulling the tapes pretty tight around my waist to keep my diaper from sliding down, and I have pulled too tight and have torn the back of my diaper where the tape attached,and even torn the tape off from the back. It's the cloth backed diapers that give me the most problems. I can pull the tape tight and attach it, but over time the cloth backing streches and my diaper gets loose around my waist again! Thats one more reason I wear plastic pants over my disposables now! Overall, I think the tapes are mostly strong enough, I think we just pull them too tight sometimes.

It amazes me people complain about the tapes - I just can't imagine - it almost makes me want to make a video just showing the strength of the tapes objectively. I don't know if people are just putting them on too tight or what but honestly I have never really had a problem with Bambino tapes or ABUniverse tapes.

Well, make sure you do two tests in your video, a tensile test and a creep test. A creep test is where you apply a constant stress over time and measure the strain and time to break. I say a creep test, because the tapes are strong initially. It is usually a few hours layer, you notice the tapes are no where near as tight as they were. Should you choose to readjust them, you re-initiate the stress on the already strained tape, which is weaker of course and will break more easily.

It is a pretty easy fix though. Just make the tapes wider.

I would ask for a quick check for a "creep check" for those thinking they have this problem. Simply take a sharpie or pen even, and put a line on the tape to just off it. I think you will find the tape hasn't moved. But as in a bambino with a tape panel which won't give, the plastic from the back will stretch out with time.

If that is the case then perhaps your taping just a bit to tight. I find alot of people tape to tight trying to get some hermetically type seal to their legs, which actually makes it hard for the diaper to do it's job. But just a thought..throwing it out there.

I still find it funny that people want a diaper with a waistband to prevent leaks. Gang The waistband couldn't prevent a leak if it had to! It's there to give comfort by providing a bit of give for movement. If any urine is heading up that way, that waistband isn't going to stop it. Your normally way past the absorbent product put into the diaper.

As a Parent and having taped thousands of disposables, Some things I know! You should be able to freely pull out on the leg gathers and waistband or you are going to have a very cranky baby.

I can't help but feel like when people complain about tapes not holding that they're unknowingly contaminating the tape/landing zone with lotion/sweat/grease of some sort. Most people I know don't realize how important the cleanliness of the surface you're applying any sort of tape/decal to is. My mom swears that those 3m command hooks are garbage, and when she installs them somewhere, I can easily pop them right off. But when I showed her how to prep the surface with a light wipe with a little rubbing alcohol and the thing could have held a bowling ball. Her mind was forever changed. Seems like people I talk to don't even realize how greasy their own skin is as well, they insist their hands are clean, yet when their palm is pressed on a glass surface, a clear hand print was left. I'm like "really?"

Yeah above comment for sure. I watch my girlfriend fumble with the tape touching it to another finger, half taping it then pulling it back up, powder and oil everywhere. Holding the front of the diaper down with her hand where she is going to tape it, you name it except for doing it right. But I love her. And when she messes one up, we get to start all over again, which can be fun as well! :P

But Babies can't teach mommies, so she is on her own. She does see me tape one on quite a bit and marvels how fast and efficiently to perfect I can do it. I even taped one on in a Dark room once standing, in about 15 seconds, then had her switch on the light. She was like WTF? how do you do that. :whistling:

Omg people, no one is complaining about the tapes not sticking.

As far as the creep is concerned Repaid1, I can easily see they creep or fatigue by the deformation. There are large cracks in some layer of the tape (stretch marks) and the strain of the tape is quite obvious. To be more specific, the deformation is located on the tape between where the tapes sticks on the diaper and its base. Basically the only part of the tape that is not stuck to anything. This strain does not happen right away. I should also point out that angle matters. Due to the shortness of the diaper, the bottom tapes are always parallel to my legs while the top tapes are parallel to the top of the diaper and always make it further to the center of the diaper than the bottom tapes. What this does is also place a shear stress on the top tapes (especially when I move) as the bottom half of the tape is under greater stress than the top half. In fact, this is only where the strain occurs, the bottom half of the top tape. Worse case scenario has been a rip forms at the bottom of the top tape causing failure eventually. To be clear, the top tapes are the only ones that have failed on me and it was only during the night (a protracted period of wearing), but it is also annoying that the top tapes usually stretch, becoming too loose.

Look people, I would not be presenting these problems to you if it was not unique to the Bambino diapers cause I use other diapers without these problems. Don't patronize me with your "it must be you" comments.

Also, don't get me wrong folks, I still really love the diaper and buy cases of them all the time, I just want to help make it better. I recommend using either a wider tape or a better material, such as packaging tape, if it is reasonable cost wise, but the biggest problem is just the length of the diaper. I have heard there reasoning as to why they shortened it, but it sounds like a joke in my opinion.

The biggest problem for you is the length of the diaper. They fit me just fine. That's the biggest problem any diaper manufacturer or any producer of clothing is trying to find that happy medium where one size fits most. So....really....it must be you or the way you're putting the diaper on. Live with it or buy different diapers.

The biggest problem for you is the length of the diaper. They fit me just fine. That's the biggest problem any diaper manufacturer or any producer of clothing is trying to find that happy medium where one size fits most. So....really....it must be you or the way you're putting the diaper on. Live with it or buy different diapers.

That is a pathetic and puerile. If Bambinos had the same attitude as you, then you are right, I would get a different diaper, because the company would suck. Fortunately, you are not Bambinos and my feedback was not posted here for you to dismiss.

That is a pathetic and puerile. If Bambinos had the same attitude as you, then you are right, I would get a different diaper, because the company would suck. Fortunately, you are not Bambinos and my feedback was not posted here for you to dismiss.

Don't get me wrong.....your feedback is indeed valid. But it seems to me that YOU are the problem in regards to how they fit....or more specifically, your body shape. Its kinda like shoes. Not all sized 10 shoes fit everyone who wears size 10 shoes...if you catch my drift.

let say you get your way and Bambino designs their diaper around your requirements. What happens if the diaper doesn't fit properly anymore on folks that it used to? You'd stop buying it too and move on to another product....

I don't think any diaper manufacturer can produce a diaper that fits 100 percent of the population. Maybe 90% or 95.....perhaps you fall within the 5 percent that Bambino Bellisimo diapers don't fit properly.

Don't get me wrong.....your feedback is indeed valid. But it seems to me that YOU are the problem in regards to how they fit....or more specifically, your body shape. Its kinda like shoes. Not all sized 10 shoes fit everyone who wears size 10 shoes...if you catch my drift.

let say you get your way and Bambino designs their diaper around your requirements. What happens if the diaper doesn't fit properly anymore on folks that it used to? You'd stop buying it too and move on to another product....

I don't think any diaper manufacturer can produce a diaper that fits 100 percent of the population. Maybe 90% or 95.....perhaps you fall within the 5 percent that Bambino Bellisimo diapers don't fit properly.

I think you assume too much. Let me tell you something, if they make the diaper longer, it will still fit you too just fine, but it will ride a little higher on your body. Also, you must realize the sizing with Bambino is strange as I only have this problem with Bambino diapers and the only reason the manufacture claims to do this is due to their machine. I did not start wearing diapers yesterday. I have tried many diapers and this is an issue with Bambinos only. All I ask is a return to the length it use to be.

• Like 1

I think you assume too much. Let me tell you something, if they make the diaper longer, it will still fit you too just fine, but it will ride a little higher on your body.

Ok...now who is assuming too much? I've worn longer diapers and I just can't get them to fit....specifically the Dry 24/7's. Spectacular diaper. Just doesn't fit me properly. You don't see me calling on the Dry 24/7 people to alter their sizing to match me better now do you.....

You could be quite right though and it may indeed be MY body which matches the Bambino's better.....however if the Bellisimo's sell well then I can guarantee that Bambino won't do too much to alter the sizing.....

Do you have the same issues with the other Bambino lines such as the Classico or the Teddys?

A lot of the european brands I have tried that don't generally get sold in the US as well as the Eurobrief that Northshore started selling recently fit quite similarly to Bambinos currently do. They run a bit smaller compared to other well known brands and lower rise as well. I generally prefer this myself as with Abena and Molicare and the like I'm between a small and a medium.

Im also in jasons boat. I agree they could have a higher rise. Most other mediums from other makers fit me better than a bambino would, I prefer bambino brand over others for plastic feel, thickness, absorbancy. When they changed over their line the fit changed. Large is way to big mediums are right on the edge of fitting for me. Funny my mommy just put a bambino classico on me, it just popped tape as im typing. The tape did not rip, more of a slowly slip and pop sound. Either way I like bambino and am glad they are hear for us.

• Like 1

I agree that the rise on the size that I order that fits me best is too low. The rise on the larges is much higher, consistent with the overall larger diaper. I have recently ordered Bellissimos in size large to get the "way too big" diaper experience and they indeed to come to a rise level that I love. And I'd probably order a case of them to wear but the only problem is that they're so large that the way the tapes line up in the front, it leads to gapping in the seat that causes leakage. So it's a tradeoff: get the sizing I want in terms of the rise (large) or get the sizing I want in terms of leak protection (medium). Nobody wants to live in a world of tradeoffs. But then again I'm not perfectly satisfied as is.

• 4 weeks later...