LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Reactions Of People Who Know

Pangaea

Question:

What were the reactions of the people who know about you being an AB/DL? That includes people you told and who found it out themselves.

Please write the number of people who know, the number of people who were or seemed to be curious about trying it or something similar themselves, the number of people who were simply tolerant of it and the number of people who treated you in a noticeably less friendly way since. Guesses are fine as well. Please don't include people who were already curious or involved in this or similar fetishes.

In my case, about 5 people know about me being a DL. All 5 responded, none of them curious or negative, but all tolerant. So for me:

Number of people: 5

Curious: 0

Tolerant: 5

Negative: 0

The reason I'm asking this question is because of the fear so many people here have about people finding out. I wonder how much that fear is rational, and how much irrational. The replies to this could give us all a decent indication.

Edit: Changed after the first two comments, in which some good suggestions have been offered.

I'm not sure I'd use "positive" and "negative." Those are pretty ill-defined and don't emcapsulate my experiences. I'd use "supportive," "tolerant," and "negative" if I were arranging this.

Also, I had three tolerant reactions. :-D

I have way to many people that know about me, so I couldn't give a exact number. But to add to BP, I would use something along the lines of:

Engaging

Supportive

Tolerant

Negative.

Of that list I would say that of 20 something Mommies/Babysitters over the years

19 Engaged in the role

1 tolerated

1 Negative

Of the people, just run of the mill acquaintances that I was outed by a bad mommy, about all of them were neutral or tolerated.. Although still to this day I am constantly nicknamed "Diaper Tim", whenever someone is talking about me and more than one Tim is in question.. So whatever.

• Like 1

You guys are absolutely right. I've edited the question for "curious", "tolerant" and "negative". The purpose of this question doesn't really require any distinction between supportive and tolerant, and I feel it makes it slightly more complex.

Also, I've edited it to say: "Please don't include people who were already curious or involved in this or similar fetishes." Since, if those are included, the numbers may not show a fair representation of reality. I don't find it fair to include mommies or babysitters as they have experience with the fetishes and are unlikely to respond negatively.

Let's start all over on this topic, can you guys please re-post the answer after this. Also, I hope that many people will answer in this thread, because I feel it may make it easier for people to discuss this. Though if people with negative experiences are more likely to answer, the results won't be fair (will be too negative).

Again, my answer:

Number of people: 5

Curious: 0

Tolerant: 5

I'm hoping that no one I know ever finds out. I work very closely with children and I'm sure people that know me would jump to the wrong conclusion if they knew I liked to wear diapers (and wet them). They'd also freak out if they knew I mke my own little girl clothes and wear them in private. It's how I relax and unwind and deal with stress.

hmmm.... from my depression and trying to get help over the four years... i've told about 20 people over the past 5 years... family and friends... and then friends who i lived with at uni...

the Majourity and i mean this is about 15 of them.... negative result

and 5 well a few positives but that is it...

I regret telling half the people who know.

2 people and both were positive, because both are DL's themselves and also wear diapers. I guess you could technically say that I told them as we met through AB/DL boards and websites like this one.

Guest *~Andi~*

I have recently had quite a few ppl find out. Most reacted with tolerance and understanding as to the reasoning I feel that contributed to my becoming ab. 1 is actually starting to participate!

Number of people: 6

Curious: 2

Tolerant: 4

• 9 months later...

Well, it is a known fact about wearing diapers by almost everyone I have regular contact with. (they are all aware of the medical condition for the most part, a few exceptions but...)

The actual AB par of this, it's hard to say how meany actually know, there are a few I had been close to a LONG time ago before I met my wife - a handful of childhood friends, and quite a few nurses believe it or not.

When I was way younger, I can remember this knowledgeable creating problems, but not in a long time.

And a lot was so long ago, I don't recall the details.

Most people know about me.... All my close friends and my parents. Husband and most of my friends see it as a sickness that needs curing and they're "supporting" me in that. Everyone else is fine with it.

Generally ok with the few selective people I have told, including the parents. However I have heard some awful stories from other ABs I do know and have known, who have told friends and family. In my opinion if anyone is hostile to you for being an AB, then they are not worth your time or friendship. If it's family, then you're in an awkward situation. If you can't move out; either pretend to be 'cured' and don't mention it again, or do move out if you can. In the end of the day it's their ignorance. I just wish I could move out so I do what I please!