LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wellness Brief

Recieved 2 absolutley free samples of thier medium size diapers yesterday. Gave one a trial run.....it fit ok but could have been slightly larger for a perfect fit. Held up well, numerous wettings and not even a hint of leaking. No failure of the tapes either even after wearing for 4 hours. Would recommend them.

I bought a case and the first few I though the same as you. But wait, They break down and lump in your but (sometimes this is not a bad thing) then sometimes they seem like they have a thousand little holes in them, and after a while of wearing them 6hrs or so they get saggy and not just because you use them.

I will never buy them again. I just tried Bamboos, NOW there is a diaper.

I have been using Wellness as regular daytime diapers for a while now. They do fit differently than other products, but they perform well... IMO good compromise of comfort, capacity and performance. They're most always on sale, which keeps the price competitive with other products. Strong tapes and a rugged plastic outer shell that won't tear. Nothing but good experiences from me.

• 2 weeks later...

I've made a deal with Wellness. In exchange for testing their diapers they will post my hones review on their web site. Below is that review so now I wonder if they will honor it or backpedal somehow.

Udated review for June 2012; These brightly colored, plastic diapers haven't changed much in the past couple years and are still mediocre at best. Their T-shaped design means you will never get a good fit, and that they will leak after only a few moderate wettings. Their Wellness web site is filled with half truths and near lies- don't believe them. They are being compared to people who use depends "cloth like" pull-ups so they look great when they really aren't. These diapers are somewhat comparable to Attends, ATN, and Wings type diapers. Except these aren't made for someone with full incontinence or anyone who even wants a decent fit for that matter.

The two tabs on each side need to be angled towards each other to get any kind of a fit at all, and they need to be really tight to get anything close to a snug fit. Unfortunately this will usually tear the plastic and just cause more leaks. Again, the T-shape design doesn't conform to a persons round legs, so leaking is always a problem there too. Their wicking ability is mediocre at best, and won't absorb sweat at all, so be ready to feel wet all day when it hot out too. The cotton core doesn't extend towards the sides, so if you're a side sleeper they absolutely will leak there as well. Any fully incontinent person will need to change about every 4-5 waking hours, and at least once in the middle of the night. That's a minimum of 5 changes in 24 hours. Overall, you're better off saving your money and just getting store brand diaper for something comparable yet much less expensive.

These diapers are not worth buying unless you have very light leaking, stress incontinence, or just like wearing them for that odd doesn't-quite-fit-right feel.

Wow just Wow, But I guess if that is your ( I assume you typo'd honest) opinion than so be it. I personally would think that most of the negatives could be held to A. Your body shape. or B. the lack of knowledge on how to use a product within your body shape. But that is just a guess on my part. I personally would have sent them a letter personally, not third person as you have and discussed it one on one. I would highly doubt they would publish such a slam on their products. That is not to say that they shouldn't honor your request for the free diapers and not charge you for the report. I know they won't be sending you anymore though, then again...sounds like you don't want them anyway.

So how do I get in touch with them and try them suckers out. Let's put them on my small frame and give them a review from a smaller persons standpoint :P

These seem to be an either 'hit or miss' item for people. I have tried these several times and really haven't had any major issues. I recently got the 'discounted' factory rejects at a really cheap price and basically they worked fine. A couple had pin hole leaks, but I have had that with other brands as well...I think it's just packaging them to tight in the bags....but thats just me.

The fit is different because they have a narrower cut in the back, seat area, which does make them more comfy, instead of having a wider cut, which would sit lower and cover more of the back side and fit lower on your thighs. As I said I haven't had any issues with them in general. I have some left and am considering buying more of the rejects since they make a good day diaper *shrug*

I think some of the issues that people complain about have a lot to do just with body type, as Repaid1 said. I'm not heavy set or 'fat' per se, nor am I a tooth pick / slender build...just an average guy :blush: so the fit works for me, but thats how I'm built. Now someone with the a heavier build, chunky thighs, wider hip or what not, isn't going to get the same fit as I will....the same goes for someone who is thin or a slender frame and 'skinny' thighs etc...they may have issues as well. So as they say, your mileage may vary :P this isn't a 'one size fits all" type of thing.

And Brian, I think Repaid1 is correct in that the issues and review could have been handled differently, instead of such a public slam of the product. A personal and private communication between you and the vendor might have been a better choice, and who knows, could have resulted in a dialog that would help make the product better *shrug* but the door got slammed shut on that deal....and as repaid1 said...I too doubt that they will be sending you anything else. It might also have damaged the possibility of anyone else doing any kind of review with out a purchase first.. which kind of sucks for some.

Anyways, again, I haven't had any major issues with them, and use them now and again for daytime general wearing, as they are discreet, but they really aren't an A/B item, if thats what you are looking for, though they are BLUE....for boys! :D

I've made a deal with Wellness. In exchange for testing their diapers they will post my hones review on their web site. Below is that review so now I wonder if they will honor it or backpedal somehow.

Udated review for June 2012; These brightly colored, plastic diapers haven't changed much in the past couple years and are still mediocre at best. Their T-shaped design means you will never get a good fit, and that they will leak after only a few moderate wettings. Their Wellness web site is filled with half truths and near lies- don't believe them. They are being compared to people who use depends "cloth like" pull-ups so they look great when they really aren't. These diapers are somewhat comparable to Attends, ATN, and Wings type diapers. Except these aren't made for someone with full incontinence or anyone who even wants a decent fit for that matter.

The two tabs on each side need to be angled towards each other to get any kind of a fit at all, and they need to be really tight to get anything close to a snug fit. Unfortunately this will usually tear the plastic and just cause more leaks. Again, the T-shape design doesn't conform to a persons round legs, so leaking is always a problem there too. Their wicking ability is mediocre at best, and won't absorb sweat at all, so be ready to feel wet all day when it hot out too. The cotton core doesn't extend towards the sides, so if you're a side sleeper they absolutely will leak there as well. Any fully incontinent person will need to change about every 4-5 waking hours, and at least once in the middle of the night. That's a minimum of 5 changes in 24 hours. Overall, you're better off saving your money and just getting store brand diaper for something comparable yet much less expensive.

These diapers are not worth buying unless you have very light leaking, stress incontinence, or just like wearing them for that odd doesn't-quite-fit-right feel.

Well, as they say you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but I've never understood why you'd want to catch flies in the first place.

To be honest, as an impartial reviewer, you should have purchased them yourself and not been negative. I'm not saying you should not have told the truth but the language comes off as a rant against them rather than a review. If someone is providing a product to review, generally, you should try to be more positive. Again, tell the truth. Your blunt post is not something I would ever want to have as an "honest review" on my web page were I to sell diapers.

Instead of:

These brightly colored, plastic diapers haven't changed much in the past couple years and are still mediocre at best

I'd expect something more like:

These brightly colored, plastic backed adult diapers have remained reliably consistent over the years, moderately absorbent and uniquely shaped.

As others have said, I doubt this will lead to any further collaboration with you from Wellness. You've probably poisoned the well if you think this is something you can do with other companies in the future.

Live and learn, die and forget it all :whistling:

Yeah, there's a difference between frank honesty and outright rudeness.

I wasn't impressed with UW's product, though their customer service, even for someone who spent no more than the $3 shipping charge to mail me the samples, was excellent.

Sorry guys but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I've had to wear good quality diapers for a long time now due to urge incontinence. I don't know how many times I've tried a different brand claiming to work really good when it's sub-standard at best. Yet Wellness has got to be the worst offender I've ever come across. Their comparisons are extremely misleading, and their "facts" are factually distorted, incomplete, and one sided. If they are going to go out of their way to make their diapers sound sooo much better than they really are, then I'm going to go out of my way to make sure everyone knows what the truth really is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sure hope so repaid1. Like so many of the post in your link above hinted- they definetly don't live up to their own hype and really need improving. I'm wearing a large molicare x-plus right now and there is NO way wellness is anywhere close this absorbency, overall capacity, fit, and even feel (though their drab green color is equally unappealing as a purple moilicare).

I've tried nearly every brand of adult diaper available in the US or Europe over the past fifteen years. While I'm probably not the best person to comment on absorbency, I can certainly speak to comfort, fit, and feel, and Wellness are among my very favorites. They fit great, have a soft inner lining, and a smooth plastic backsheet similar to Pampers and Attends of years past. They also have tapes that stick well, and that's among my biggest gripes about other brands.

Baby Brian: Your review could certainly have been tempered and offered as constructive, unbiased criticism. Remember, we want these companies to make better products and not detest the ABDL community. Perhaps these diapers just aren't right for your body shape and your needs--that doesn't make them bad. Remember, some people write horrible things about Pampers because they don't work on their baby, yet we all recognize they're among the very best.

I think thatr many here are on the right track which is that some diapers work better for some and not for others. My baby has just migrasted to Wellness from Abriform since they dumped their plastic backing. I find your comments about fit to be at odds withour experience making me wonder if you ordered the wrong size as their sizing is a little different from other companies. Their absorbancy is not as good as the abriform but is still excellent and I really do wonder why you would need a mid-night change if wearing them. Your bladder must be a lot bigger than my baby's. If you wet that much then you should be in cloth anyhow as no diaper meets a cloth one's capacity and side-sleeping ability. I agree with the comment one person made about the 100 holes. WE have found a few that seemed to leak like that while the rest are quite fine.

We have also tried the Molicare (which you love) and we dumped them as not at all what suited him. A review that speaks only as to how it works for YOU isnt a review. It is an opinion. Most people seem to think that the wellness is a good, if nbot brilliant diaper. But it is also cheap and as an incontinent (as is my baby), cost is a huge consideration.

I recently had tried Wellness briefs, as i have only worn 4 so far and used them to capacity. I can highly recommend them. I wear a small and these only go down to medium but I can get a good fit. I use a Winnie the pooh snap on diaper cover that is plastic lined and it holds everything up fine and tight. They last me about 8 hours easy and the other day I had three pitchers of beer and only used the restroom once when I thought I could make it. They were on me for about 12 hours and just started to leak, thanks to a mean mommie who thought I should just sleep in it without a change for the night! :P. A really great diaper, and Not knowing if they had pinholes with my diapercover or even if they did, I recommend them over just about anything I have tried. Perhaps I should just wear others in Medium to give them all a fair go :P

Anyway they are on sale again:

Pay only $67.97 On A Case of 60 With Coupon Code: "SAVE"

Expires 8/13/2012 ! Act Fast!

It would be very interesting to know what proportion of their orders come in from code ABDL or code SAVE; it would give an indication of the overall size of the ABDL market. Since they are obviously ABDL aware, they might oblige us, and this could be used to advantage with other manufacturers. Something like "10% (or 20% or whatever) sales are to ABDL." This could affect design and marketing policy.

Any chance of getting this?

It's easy to google discount codes, so they won't get an actual count of us through that gimmick :( And though I haven't tried these, I have noticed that it seems that even with the best adult diapers, some love them and some hate them, often claiming opposites of the same thing such as how the plastic or fastenings performs :screwy: Thing is that everyone is different in shape and in how they fasten and wear and use their diapers, so what is great for one can be awful for another :whistling: Personal opinions are just that- personal.

YMMV seems to be more applicable to adult diapers than any other product I've encountered- that is worth keeping in mind when you post or read reviews B) From what I've seen here so far, this diaper is on my 'must try' short list; now it's just a question of me getting enough money to do that.

Bettypooh

BP, I know Times are tuff, but for $1.99 for a sample of two you can't go wrong. that's even cheaper than they cost with a discount when you buy them. I sampled two, then contacted them and they sent me four more for shipping only. I still have one and if things work out soon, I will order a case of these. I definitely think they fit the smaller/medium crowd fine. And I can't recommend them as far as absorbency any higher.

I am not sure who is doing what, but I wear 24/7 and these things were awesome for me. I loved the plastic and the softness of the inner. double tapes are a plus for removing and reapplying. Baby Blue color, just a great all around diaper for the price they are. Wanting to try dry24/7 when I can get them decent and in stock again in a small. But these fit okay even on my small frame and were discreet under my normal jeans, up until they started to get full, I imagine, but I don't notice if others could tell anything anyway probably not. :P

Heck I am going to send them my "honest" review, maybe they will send me a bag of them too... These are going to be a far superior diaper when they upgrade them 30% more!!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I use dry 24/7. It is a lifesaver for me. My current situation is needing to wear 24/7 due to a weak bladder and ibs and with dry 24/7 I feel comfortable, relaxed, and secure. If you have not tried them, you really really should. They fit like a glove and absorb a ton. They have won a lifetime customer.