LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Man "Invents" Locking Onsie For Alzheimer'S Patients

It said in the article that it could also prevent bed wetting and soiling. How can a garment that you can not remove help prevent one from wetting or soiling the bed. Perhaps they just assume that all alzheimers patients wear diapers. All in all, the whole thing sounds kinda sketchy.

I think it would help because I knew someone with Alzheimer's and the diaper was the first thing always ripped off and spilling it's contents might be somewhat helpfull but it is pretty awkward

actually there is already this huge market of 'adaptive clothing' with many different dresses and shirts and pants that zipper in the back to prevent people with alzheimers or other disabilities from disrobing.

I think it would help because I knew someone with Alzheimer's and the diaper was the first thing always ripped off and spilling it's contents might be somewhat helpfull but it is pretty awkward

Same here Frost. Once they were having a more lucid moment the diaper was the first thing to go regardless of what it contained.

Quite a sad situation :(

• Like 1

I think we (as in the ab community) are missing the point here. We think how cool it would be to have this cool AB onesie that the baby (me) cannot remove without mommy's help, forcing me to be a baby. How cool would it be to have this. We forget that there is a real reason why these products exist. Alzheimers patients are slowly having their consciousness unravel. Memory goes, their sense of self, their ability to recognize loved ones. I can venture to say that these people die before they die in a sense. I lost my great grandfather to Alzheimers. We have no right to demand the makers of such adaptive clothing to cater to the community. Lucky families lose loved ones to natural causes before Alzheimers completely destorys the patient's sentience, memory, and sense of self.

I think we (as in the ab community) are missing the point here. We think how cool it would be to have this cool AB onesie that the baby (me) cannot remove without mommy's help, forcing me to be a baby. How cool would it be to have this. We forget that there is a real reason why these products exist. Alzheimers patients are slowly having their consciousness unravel. Memory goes, their sense of self, their ability to recognize loved ones. I can venture to say that these people die before they die in a sense. I lost my great grandfather to Alzheimers. We have no right to demand the makers of such adaptive clothing to cater to the community. Lucky families lose loved ones to natural causes before Alzheimers completely destorys the patient's sentience, memory, and sense of self.

Of course, my great grandmother is still alive, but she is a vegetable because of Alzheimers. That said, the company making this onesie can sell to whoever they want. There should be no problems as long as there is plenty of supply, but they are going to sell to whoever they can.

Ditto to Terryfighter etal :thumbsup: Alzheimers is a far cry from ABDL and is as sad as would be the happiness of those who wanted to get 'locked in'. As Sarah noted, there are already non-removable garments for these people designed to make things easier for the caretakers too so I have to wonder about this one. But whatever....

Bettypooh

It solves BED wetting and soiling as everything has to stay in the diaper.

Believe me I wouldn't put it past an Alz. patient to rip them off. My mother in law didn't do that, but we found the unfortunate remnants of her attempting to wash one of her pull ups.

There is already a whole line of clothing and jumpsuits intended for use on people who have a bad habit of removing their clothing. You can find them in many medical catalogs. Not a new invention. Of course they all look like something the typical 80 year old would wear... nothing I would be caught dead in.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The product never made it to market because it had so much competition, and the "inventor" wasn't really interested in selling the actual product...he was selling feel-good fantasies to investors.

Otherwise, there would be a small ad on here or elsewhere, and tou would negotiate a purchase just like you would with any seamstress.

• Like 1