LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Peeing Positions

I have noticed something, & I am curious to know if others have noticed something similar. I am a male, so naturally I was potty trained to pee while standing. Even when I am padded & fully comfortable with peeing in my diapers, for some reason I find it harder to let go & pee while I'm sitting. However when I'm standing, I have no problem letting go at all. I would think that this might be true in the opposite way for our female members. Am I the only one, or is there something to this?

Rockies Fan.

I can pee sitting, or standing, but not laying down - not without effort.

I do, however, worry about which way my junk is pointed - some ways seem to be much more "leak prone" than others!

Yeah I have heard girls on here mention it being hard to go standing up or laying down but easy when sitting. For me it's not really difficult in any position. I've always had really good bladder control. I can basically go whenever I want or not go whenever I want. Made doing drug tests in my early employment years easy.

I also find it difficult when sitting, particularly if sitting upright or leaning slightly forward (as if reading a computer screen, for example). I have less of a problem when sitting in a reclined position.

Not sure if it's a psychological block, a physical limitation, or a little of both. Considering the male anatomy, you're more likely to slightly "crimp" the urethra or bladder neck in a seated position versus standing or lying prone, which can obstruct or restrict the flow of urine. Standing for men is the easiest position to go for the same reason, as all the "plumbing" is oriented such that gravity can take over - requiring less or even no conscious application of pressure to start the flow.

Yep. Same for me and probably most (if not all) men.

Again -- it's mostly a combination of gravity, orientation of the renal system, and added pressure on the bladder wall from your other organs while standing.

There does seem to be something to that; it makes sense, both anatomically and psychologically (behaviorally?), that most men would find stand-peeing easier and most women would find sit-peeing easier.

Having tried stand-peeing recently, I must say I found it rather awkward, and for me it took conscious effort. o.O

Yes, that's how it starts because of what you had been used to for XX years. To retrain you may need some of the things I did. Yes, practice, practice, practice is the key, but my primary mental barrier was "being safe". I taught myself to wet while laying down by laying in the bathtub and drinking water until it was time. At that point, I reminded myself that I was in the tub and was totally safe. From there, it was just a matter of trusting that I was safe in my diapers. I know this isn't a factor for everyone, but I hope it helps those that are "stubborn" like me.

In the standing position, or lying down is fine for me, and natural. Peeing while in the sitting position, seems almost impossible for me to do naturally, and I don't want to force it.

I'm good about any way except that when I'm laying down I can't pee with my legs together :( I'm a side sleeper most of the time, so I either roll onto my back or shift my legs- and I can do that almost without waking. I've also noticed it's easier when I go from sitting to standing. And it takes an effort to start when walking, too ;) Once it starts though, it goes easy :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

I'm jealous! Being incontinent I never know when the flood is going to come. So position doesn't matter. I often wish I could know when it was going to come, and take a position! It is unwise to stand on your head when wetting a diaper!

My partner (female) had major problems wetting her nappies in any position other than standing with her legs slightly apart. She couldn’t even do it sitting down. Many years and much practice later, she can sometimes wet herself lying on her back in bed and she can wet her pants sitting down. If only she’d do it more often!

I’ve never had the slightest problem wetting in any position with the possible exception of one: riding my motorbike. I once ducked out for what I thought was a quick errand on the bike whilst in a terry nappy and plastic pants (fairly thick) under jeans. The errand took a lot longer than I’d planned and I always seem to have trouble with urinary urgency when I’m in a nappy – it’s like my brain knows and complains about having to hold on.

I’d just relaxed whilst riding along but nothing happened except painful urges to pee and dry nappies (well, at least they were no wetter). I think the combination of the bike seat and the thick nappy had crimped something down there. I ended up hanging on until I got off the bike as it was too painful/distracting to be stuck on the point of peeing with nothing happening and you don't need distraction on a motorbike.

That’s the only time I can recall that I found myself unable to ’go’ in my nappy.

i find that i can pee without much thought while sitting down, but have a hard time peeing while standing up/walking or laying down while awake, and while sleeping, the only real way for me to pee is while on a sleeping pill

To me it makes no differnce at all I can go in all positions.It was hard for me in the begining to at all, I just relaxed my body in what ever position I was and simply let go .It took me a long time to get to this state of mind,now its natural for me in all positions and places

I started from a standing position and eventually moved to sitting which is a lot more pleasurable. Going from sitting to lying down though seems like a huge leap in difficulty but I managed. It's been a while since I wet so I may have to go back to standing.

For me it seems that as long as I'm standing I can go but if I try to do it while sitting or lying down I just can't do it. However if I've been holding it for a while and there is sufficient pressure I can go when I want to. It might also be that I'm just afraid of leaking, so when I'm standing I think the chances of leaking are minimized so it's easier to go.

Yep. Same for me and probably most (if not all) men.

Again -- it's mostly a combination of gravity, orientation of the renal system, and added pressure on the bladder wall from your other organs while standing.

Yes, I know that some incontinent people find that they wet their pants/nappy when they stand up from a seating position. The sudden addition of/change in pressure when there are issues with control can be enough to cause a complete emptying of the bladder.

It is the easiest for me to pee standing up. As a recovering paruretic, I have a lot of baggage. For me, peeing sitting down reminds me of almost 18 years of paruretic oppression, having to sit down in public restrooms, slowly releasing against the porcelain, taking care as to not let it splash, and being in constant fear of being discovered. For me, peeing standing up means freedom! It is a big deal! Waiting for restrooms to clear out was not fun, either. My mind is also devious. If I feel any anal pressure, it is very hard for me to urinate. My mind would fool me into thinking I had to defecate. That forced me to sit. Even while sitting, I could only go if I knew I would not splash, or be heard if I did. The entire process took 3 to 9 times longer than it should have! I read Jake Rubin's Urinate Now. I learned a technique called linking, which gave me the ability to stand peeing in stalls as easily as I could in my home toilet.