LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need Help!

So, a local radio station has been talking about adult babies for a few days, and today they brought up taboo, and the adult baby episode. I sent in a text message, just saying we are even here in calgary, and we arnt as bad as they make us out to be. Well they called me, and asked for an interview.

The problem isnt the interview, its what they might ask and how i protray adult babies to a quarter million people.

Please type questions you think the hosts might ask. A bit of personality, they are pretty brash, lots of sex jokes and such. They arnt rude about it, and promised it was an informative talk, not a badh.

Thank you all in advance!

canada may have different laws about what can be on the radio ... calgary canada right?

anyway .... insist they do not use your real name or any identifying information!!!! luckily on radio no one can see ur face but still!!!

basically what they will ask you is up in the air but listen to the sort of things they have been talking about in relation to abdls and to the comments from listeners .... that will give you an idea

but yes also please state over and over and over 'for me personally' and 'i cant speak for anyone else into this...' to drive the point home not only to the listeners of that station but to all abdls that you are not trying to 'represent' the community but rather telling the audience about one aspect of abdl .... yours

also remeber there probably will be backlash .... whats the radio station? does it stream live online? others may want to listen

Thanks guys. Some good feedback there.

Yes its canada. And the laws are pretty lax, but not enough for an open bash. They will be pretty respectfull, and even if they joke its usually just a joke, not an attack.

I had planned on representing myself only. The goal for me is to remove the stigma of "creepy people, avoide at all costs." that, in my experiance we can get a fair bit. I want them to know a few keys for 90% of us, like it has nothing to do with real kids or that we degrade society. The ex-radio broadcaster is a good example of that. They had been talking about stanly being on dis-ability just to be a baby all day. And they laughed at his late mommy, with is the reasion for the text anyway. They couldnt have known, but it still bothered me a bit.

The station is CJ92, 92.9. They have a live broadcast online, and the interview is at 7 am (-7 gmt) on monday. I don't want to make us an umbrella, but rather a mosaiac of colorfull and friendly people! And all over 18. Lol

Personally I would mention Stanley's side saying that they have there facts wrong and redirect them to his site. He was found not guilty of any fraud, and has been through the ringer to prove it and that his "mommy" has since died so could they please refrain from any jokes of the deceased, but hey thats just me.

I think you will do fine, just stay calm and collected and redirect them with truth if they sway out of line. Pointing out there are far worse things people do in life to either calm or have fun. Hang in there and let us know how it goes.

Some years back when I was a TG in transition the local Morning Show host made some glib remark about guys who wore women's clothes. I called in and told him of the facts, which he admitted knowing nothing of. He asked if I went out in public and was very surprised to learn that I had walked right by him at a street festival two weeks before without him noticing anything even though he had looked at me! It was just a few minutes and I was treated well, but after my call was over the bashing began again, only not in the places it had been before. You just can't change a hard-headed mind in a few minutes....

If you want to go for it then do so. I think you'll do well so long as you remain calm and positive. Just like in a debate, the unnerved person usually loses because they get steered into making a mistake. Be ready for that because interviewers of all kinds know how to make themselves look good, and many of them will do that at your expense if they need to. Let us know how it went afterward ;)

Bettypooh

WHY do we continue to think that however we expose or "present" us and our world, it's gonna' help or bring acceptance? We have a partially black president - not female, but "black" - and we're THAT far.

So many have the hope the AB/DL world - in terms of acceptance, - will be next. Unless our next president is an incon, it's NOT gonna' happen. Reality, peeps. Keep hopin', but NOT happenin'.

I would advise not showing up with a diaper on. Just dress like an average person. That will keep the focus on the subject, not the diaper itself.

Even though it's radio, someone will have a camera, plan on your picture getting out there.

Shock and awe sells, look at the media and look at politics. Hell I get bashed for being a Christian because you know we're all intolerant savages, it's not the small minority that they keep showing on the news(Die in a fire Fred Phelps!) and the media doesn't portray kinksters all that positively either. I understand why both religious people and kinky people get mocked, both behaviors are outside the nonexistent norm and people don't like being reminded that there is no such thing as normality. To be normal is to be abnormal, it's a subjective term. As for your radio interview have fun with it, don't be afraid to crack jokes back and definitely have them leave out identifying information. Direct people to Stanley's site if he comes up or mention Rileykilo and her appearance. she managed to be very calm and collected about her lifestyle. The key is demonstrate that while being an age player or a diaper lover we can still live completely "normal" lives.(i.e. we can still abide by the societal contract)

You know, people say it will never be accepted in society, but it will eventually. Women voteing. Now acceptable. Black presedents named obama. Fine. Women working, no smokeing in offices and bars, computers even. Every one had people fighting against them, everyone became ok. People know who we are. Now we need them to understand that we arnt freaks or pedophiles. That we are regular, working people, with pedestrian problems and lives.

I was asked to come in, but i opted for a phone interview, partally because i work an hour after, and because they have a live feed of cideo i didnt want to be on. Sure there will be shock and awe. And i assume they will edit out a bit, maybe make things seem out of context, but it will end up letting some people know better than nothing at all. Baby steps, if you will. It wont happen over night, and it wont happen at all if we dont give it a shot.

so it went well, i talked to them off the air too, and it seemed to be actually interested on an intelectual level. they asked some good questions and unfortunatly, due to time restrainst, i couldnt give 100% full explinations, but i got it all out fully. they actually asked questions that made me able to explain that we arnt something to be shuned.

i like how it turned out, anyone listed/record it? it was all live so i didnt hear it, it would be nice to see how i sounded.

Well the horse has bolted, so ill close the gate...

the one thing i might have mentioned would be that a large portion of abdls are professionals... degree level academics, Doctors, lawyers, Engineers etc...

but im glad it went well for you old bean... :)

Sounded like you got a lot of good stuff in with the limited time you had. Too bad they couldn't have done a longer interview. I do appreciate their professionalism and genuine curiosity. I laughed when the one guy said he really wanted to get that jolly jumper. I applaud you for taking a positive stand for the community.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Giz great job.

I think you interviue was the best presentation to the public ever for the diaper comunity. I do not want to cut Riley out by any means She too did a great job. Sometimes less is more. You did not flood them with info that is confusing to those who aren't into this kink. It is human nature to make fun of things that we don't understand. and this intervue was clear and and well done. You didn't lay to much out there to confuse the listeners. You and the hosts did a great job . God bless ya Giz. donny.