LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Kind Of Books Do You Like To Read?

I know there is probably a thread, like this, elsewhere, but I can not find it. I just recently finished the final installment of The Inheritance saga (Eragon),by Chritopher Paolini, and am currently working on reading A Dance With Dragons(The latest installment of The Game of Thrones, by George R R Martin.

I read mostly Sci-Fi and Fantasies.

hmmmm/ well primarily i read action/horror genre books. Things like CAIN By James Byron Huggins. I also liked the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton, well at least the earlier part. it gets prety silly with all the sex deeper in the series. Basically anything that can grab my interest, i will read.

but my fave thing to read, is the works of Edgar Allen Poe. I could read them as well as the works of H P Lovecraft over and over and over again without ever boring from them.

Reading is one of the great passions of my life. I read mostly history but from time to time I'll pick up a novel. Some of my favorite novels are War and Peace, The Count of Monte Cristo, and Metro 2033. As for history, I really enjoyed The Rising Sun, Clash, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, and Common Sense. It's a shame more people don't read, I really think reading has improved me as a person. It has nurtured my mind and my soul.

I'll read anything interesting but my favorite types of books are mythology and religion, and my favorite author is Rick Riordan the writer the Percy Jackson series, the kane chronicles, and the Heros of Olympus

I am reading a translation of the "The Art of War," but unfortunately, I have been finding it difficult to find the time to finish it. Thus far though, I have learned quite a bit.

For the most part, I read non-fiction including scientific texts and publications. Novels are not really my thing, but I try to read books of knowledge, like "The Art of War," in a variety of subjects to avoid being too narrowly focused on the scientific field.

I like to read all sorts of topics apart from crime. That never has interested me. I usually have one or two books on the go at a time and read which ever takes my fancy. Currently working my way through Lorna Doone again and the George R R Martin series.

lately i've been on a sci fi kick again... i go through phases where i just crave certain genres and authors... i fond sfsite.com to be very helpful in finding new books.

But i go from sci fi to mystery, to historical to young adult and anything in between... Sometimes I want a book that will let me completely escape into that world, other times i want something light and funny, and sometimes i want something factual...

Some recently read books:

The Kingdom Keepers - young adult

The Dig - sci fi/fantasyish

Echo - sci fi

Firebird - sci fi

Girl with the dragon tattoo and the other three

Hunger Games

and also my text books for class.

Just finishing a couple of books by local authors. Not telling who or where they are, though. I actually prefer writing my own books. Believe it or not, I've had better luck with people wanting to read my erotic AB/DL novels than I have the mainstream ones I've published.

• 4 weeks later...

My favorites are Anne Rice, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (namely the Holmes stories). I was a dedicated reader of the Animorphs series. I have read The Time Traveller's Wife, Richard Belzer's I'm Not a Cop and I'm not a Psychic and the K-PAX trilogy by Gene Brewer. I've read "Richard Castle's" Nikki Heat series, which is essentially the fourth wall book series that Nathan Fillion's character writes in the tv show, Castle.

Pretty much anything that catches my eye. I think it's important to read a variety of things but I've fallen into the trap of only reading particular authors lately.

I'm usually all over the map when it comes to books. I delve into local history, Gold rush and exploration, Action novels by Cussler and Patterson, Science forensics like Reichs and Cornwell....

I read whatever I'm in the mood for....

• 3 months later...

I love to read anything to do with pregnancy breast-feeding in early parenthood also I enjoyed gave male erotica anything to do with by phone about people with disabilities

My dictation was supposed to say I enjoy also reading about people that have different disabilities by foreign about them

I like reading, but I have a hard time branching out...favorites include The Dragonlance Chronicles and The Dragonlance Legends, The Harry Potter series, and also, more recently, The Song of Ice and Fire books, the aforementioned books that HBO's "Game of Thrones" is based on...by the way, while the first season was VERY close to the books, they took a LOT of liberties with season 2...the only thing that annoyed the piss out of me was how they changed Dany's storyline. In doing so they kind of turned her into a whiny bitch instead the powerful leader she had become...GRRRRRR.

Fiction: It's very difficult that I do not finish a novel I have started to read.

Randomly, some of my favourite authors are: Graham Greene, Stephen King (only some selected novels), Philip K Dick, Luigi Pirandello, William Golding, William Gibson, Gerald Durrell, Julian Barnes, Jorge Borges, JRR Tolkien, Fedor Dostoevskij, Primo Levi, Herman Hesse ... and others.

My Triumvirate of favorite authors is:

Robert Heinlein - favorite inside joke with my friends comes from him: "Do you Grok me, motherf----r?!"

J.R. Ward - the Black Dagger Brotherhood was suggested to me by a friend, and while it started out like a standard vampire romance story, it shifted rapidly into horror/action/drama the likes of which I've not seen since my third fav...

George R.R. Martin - When you've absolutely, positively had enough of elves, dwarves, halflings and happily-ever-after fantasy. Accept no substitutes.

Others worth mentioning: Hero (Perry Moore, young adult), Magic's Pawn (Mercedes Lackey, semi-YA), The Malazan Book of the Fallen (fantasy balanced between Martin's brutality and Tolkien's whimsical; 14 books long, with at least one more Epilogue book to go), Redwall series (made my childhood), and let's just throw in Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter series for good measure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

turtle, you ever read steve berry? his style is much like dan browns (i seceretly think they are the same person), and he often has the historical themes and treasure hunt type plot.. but his are not as focused solely on the catholic church... they are really quite a fun read, especially if u enjoy dan brown.

Fantasy books for me

Sword of Truth series

Anne Rice Vampire books (finished Lestat, starting the 3rd book)

Diablo books

World of Warcraft books

It seems a TV show, movie or video game needs to spark my interest to read! Maybe thats because I'm a slow reader and with TV, movies and video game stories I'm going in knowing that I will probably enjoy the book.

If you like Lovecraft and haven't read the short story "The Yellow Wallpaper" I'd suggest checking it out. It's arguably proto-feminist but also could be seem as a ghost story. Regardless it has a great creepy weird atmosphere that's very evocative. I actually came to read it as Lovecraft mentions it in Supernatural Horror in Literature.