LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Morning Leakage

My incontinence is unpredictable, not all the time like some. Overnight I am sure to wet though, and also in the morning. I feel like it takes a while for my body to "wake up" even after I am out of bed. For the first hour of the day I have no control, and can't use the toilet at all as my bowels will not move until my body is fully awake. I'm thankful for the #2 control as that's a mess I don't want to deal with... but my family doesn't understand why I don't change out of my wet diaper the second I wake up... I prefer to wait until the morning "flush" is over, so once changed I stand a good chance of staying dry for a while.

Makes sense to me! Why change a soaked diaper immediatly when you get up, knowing that you will wet again in the next 30 to 60 minutes. Funny how people without a problem always seem to give advice on the subject to those with the actual problem!

• Like 1

Absolutely right - I don't "remind" adolescent or adult family members to go to the toilet and they need to keep off my territory - I have to manage this damned incontinence thing. Diapers are expensive and it makes sense not to use them carelessly.

Rusty pins has it SO right :o: I don't mind someone wanting to help mme, but they always think they have ideas and answers I haven't thought about when I have always considered them all already! UGH!

Who should decide when someone's diaper needs changing- wouldn't the wearer have the most current and intimate knowledge of that? And if they aren't causing a problem for anyone else by not changing, then what makes anyone think they have a right to tell them to do it? I have a morning pooping routine that is almost always, and I keep my diaper on till then unless I'm dripping because there's no point in putting on a diaper for a half hour and partially wetting it only to change into a dry one for work afterward.

Bettypooh

my wife sometimes asks if i had changed yet but when i wake up i dont change till its time to get dressed for work.... i don't spend the money on top of the shelf diapers that only had to work overnight... the can hold more....

• 2 months later...

Same too. I do a light work out first thing in the morning to get my body working right again. That usually means I wait 1 to 1.5 hours after waking up to change my diaper (right before I take a shower). The alternative is to change after waking up, then again in 1.5 hours when I take a shower (since it would be a little too wet to put back on again by then). That would just be a waste as long as my overnight diaper, and my skin, can take keep taking it.