LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tena Brand

So, I know the Tena slip Maxi's are the most popular. And one day I'll try them. But I'm kind of keen on trying the Tens Super Stretch. Has anyone tried these? If so, where they any good? They seem like a medium capacity quiet diaper.

• 1 month later...

TSM's are my fave :wub: but I have (or rather had) tapes popping too :( I just tape a bit more loosely now than I do with the other diapers and voila! No more problems B) As these swell with use, they get tighter and that keeps them from slipping down which is where I think this 'problem' comes from. Just make allowances and enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Tena Slip Maxi's have an awesome total capacity rated at 4 liters, although I doubt that anyone would actually be able to wear the diaper, and wet it to that capacity, before it began to leak at the legs and crotch.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Tena Ultra medium has the best combination of absorbency and discreetness for daytime.

It's all white, low rise, virtually silent, not bulky.

Tena has curved leg elastics so the fit and containment is pretty good.

Tenas do not have leak guards but I'm not sure they would make any difference anyway.

They are cloth- like backed which is really quite but a little leaky when really wet, so I wear a quiet pair of low rider plastic PUL pants over them.

I buy them from a local medical supply store for $36.75 for a pack of 40. Less than a buck a diaper for decent performance.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the Tena for men pull ups. They fit me better than anything else I've tried, have excellent absorbancy for a pull up and as a bonus, don't look like a diaper when your showing a bit of plumbers butt. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Protection-Underwear-Absorbency-Medium/dp/B003TM2EIC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1417487648&sr=8-2&keywords=tena+men

• 1 month later...

Wooohoooo! FINALLY managed to try Tena Slip Maxis :)

Had a clear day, so finally plucked up the courage to go and look in all the local independent pharmacies. First one I thought I'd struck gold - they had Slip Maxis, but only in medium. I knew these wouldn't fit, but thought what the hell, and bought a case anyway. Get home, and confirmed they don't fit. Interesting to have a proper look at them finally thoug, not just in photos.

Back out and try a couple more pharmacies. Lots have the flex Tenas, but I didn't want these :( One more to try though, so fingers crossed. In I walk and am immediately confronted with the biggest section of adult incontenance products I've ever seen! My heart starts pounding as I look thought them all....and yesssss.....there they are!

Swear I'm practically shaking as I pay the woman (ask for a receipt, makes it look like I'm buying for someone else!) and I zoom home waiting to get them on, supping a bottle of water all the way to get my bladder nice and full.

Home, rip them open and what a treat - they're plastic backed!!! Thought they'd stopped making these. Still, I reckon it's just the stock the shop had left and soon they won't be getting more plakky backed in stock....boooo.

But for now, here I am typing away in my Tena :D love em, and amazed how much bigger the larges are compared to the mediums. They fit Sooo well.

I've always been a snob about only wanting to wear baby style nappies (Cuddlz etc), but these have changed my view. To be honest, 99.9% of the time we aren't looking at what we're wearing, and when on these feel as good as any nappy I've tried. Obviously I'd PREFER printed nappies, but for ease of purchase, these will do me just fine :)

So here I am, a very very very happy, if not a bit soggy, baby.

Looking forward to treating them properly, out and about, overnight etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

BambinoDiapers.com and XP Medical are now stocking the Euro Tena Slip Maxi - but at Euro import prices as some have noted. I asked Gary if the $40/bag was the new style, and it is, so I bought a bag.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally exhausted my supply of Tena Maxis with the plastic backing, and the shop that had a whole load has run out. So I reluctantly bought the cloth backed. And I'm very impressed! They seem a little larger, which gives a much comfier fit, and after a day's use the absorbency doesn't seem compromised at all. And over plastic, they seem a lot comfier too, cooler being the main thing.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I just got a bag and find them unwearable by themselves. I am definitely not strong but every one I tried to tape on the tapes and a quarter of the side would tear off when I pulled it to tape to the front. Finally gave up and am cutting the sides off and using them as stuffers in my dry24/7's.

• 1 month later...

I have been wearing diapers more in the past six months or so. It's gone from an occasional thing at night to wearing one every night. I have been really wanting to start wearing them during the day too. At night I wear the plastic backed Abena M4's. They're fine at night as I'm not moving but during the day they do a number on my very sensitive skin.

So I have been searching for a cloth backed diaper. I pretty much never use the diapers and I usually take them off if I need to go to the bathroom. So the smelliness and moisture sweating out from the cover on cloth backed diapers isn't really a concern for me. What is a concern though is that I have yet to find any that actually keep their shape. They have a really bad tendency to stretch out and become loose almost immediately after putting them on. I have even tried pre-stretching them but then they just tend to rip apart and get loose anyway.

So recently I ordered the Tena Stretch Briefs sample from Tena's US website. I have been wanting to try them for awhile but didn't want to end up with a whole bag of diapers I wasn't going to use if I didn't like them. I had no idea until recently they do free samples.

The sample includes a Stretch Ultra and Stretch Super (and a Tena Small which I won't be using). The ultra oddly looks very very similar to the European Tena in terms of the printing on it. Its white with those purple dot patterns the Tena Maxi has. The Super is that kinda gross (at least to me) hospital green. The Super is quite a bit thicker than I had been expecting. Maybe thicker than the Euro Maxi?. The Ultra is a bit thinner but still fairly substantial. We're not talking Abena thickness here but enough for me.

TLDR

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I've been trying the Tena Slip Original, and unfortunately they are not very high quality in my opinion. They seem reasonable, and are good with absorbency, but the fact that in 3 hours, two of the four tapes fell off means that pretty much a diaper was wasted. As well as this, normal tape doesn't seem to be effective in fixing this issue. I have never before had an issue with that. Personally, I disagree with Cleandiaper, as I stayed with Mollies - not Super Plus, but the range just below it - for six months, and only 2 out of 30 failed, whereas in a pack of 10 Tena's, 2 have already. Don't see what the whole hype with Tena is, unfortunately.

Of all the diapers I've tried and that is now most of the premium brands available in the US, the tapes on Tena Slip Maxi have had the best tapes as long as I applied them well and did not try to move them once attached. If you do that they don't stick well but if you get it right the first time round there is no way to undo them; the plastic rips apart first. They've been that way consistently for the few years I have been wearing them daily. As active as I am in my work that matters a lot to me. I experience a lower tape popping loose maybe 3 times a year and it's always been my fault, not Tenas :rolleyes:

With any diaper tape the best adhesion happens when you do not touch the sticky part, you do not let it get contaminated by powder or moisture before it's stuck, you do not undo it once it touches, and you do not have any wrinkled or contaminated plastic where it sticks. Hands must be clean and dry when attaching tapes as skin oils and moisture wreak havoc with adhesion.

I have no use for a diaper which does not perform correctly in any way since I am usually at the capacity limit toward the end of my workday, oftentimes with no way I can easily change. For me, Tena Slip Maxi is the benchmark of performance as they have never failed me in any way and that proves that it can be done. YMMV as always ;)

Bettypooh

• 2 months later...

And it's apparently now over. None of the usual suppliers has the plastic-backed Tena Slip Maxi left, and the few I've asked say the end is here :crybaby: Still some on Ebay but the prices aren't worth it and even those will sell out some day. For the last few weeks I've been wearing Molicare Super Plus which are similar but aren't fitting me well. I know I can't be alone in having to wear something else so what have you switched to and how are they working for you?

Bettypooh