LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Board Issues Update

DailyDi

Answering in a new post rather than try and keep up with a half-dozen different threads. Please direct all outage questions here.

Sorry for the lack of explanation this weekend, but I simply had no answers to give. Friday morning we experienced a drive failure on our database server (not our main hosting server) and while those drives are in an array something went wrong with the back-up version causing some data loss and software corruption. The current statuses are:

1. A bug in the admin that deletes all uses when a mod tried to delete any individual user has been resolved.

2. A bug causing members to get emails meant for Admins is being researched, but may be fixed already

3. Chat room should now be functioning normally with our usual 50 person limit.

4. We are investigating the cause of the missing Avatars and Signatures and will update when we know more. Right now I am working with the belief that saving 7 years worth of posts and user Log-ins is primary, and we 'can' all update our sigs/pics again if forced too. Loss of member post counts would suck, but we still hope Invision can fix that and the avatars/sigs.

Invision is working with us right now to try and fix everything, and we hope to have an update soon!

Mike,

apart from all the little bugs, in my recollection, I think this is the third time that Invision has f**ked up this board. In my opinion, and from proven history, Invision haven't got the ability to correctly create this type of software. Would it not be a good time to evaluate other companies software and see if they can do any better? Even the previous version, with its faults, was more stable.

Personally I think that this hassle is not worth it to either you or the members here

Can't blame Invision for this one. The drive failure was on our host's end and they and Invision are working quite hard to get everything sorted. While I will always consider what options are best for our community we have been with Invision for 7 years now, and no other board supplier offers the kind of support they do.

Can't blame Invision for this one. The drive failure was on our host's end and they and Invision are working quite hard to get everything sorted. While I will always consider what options are best for our community we have been with Invision for 7 years now, and no other board supplier offers the kind of support they do.

Have you, or your host, got at least, one redundant backup. That type of technology was around in the 1980's, and is the minimum you would expect. For the non-technical, a redundant backup is an exact copy of the working and running application which is updated every 3-6 hours. As a result, if anything fails in the 'live' system, it takes seconds to switch over to the backup which will be at most, 6 hours out of date. You explained that a drive failed. Most current technologies use redundant raid arrays, where the 'live' system has a mimic copy that is about 5 minutes out of date. If you Invision and you are working to get this back - why? The backup should be there already - that is unless this IP Board does not support that type of technology, which from Invisions history, I would not be surprised.

Secondly, doing the same thing for 7 years and expecting a different outcome from the same income is, in my opinion, foolish. Most companies, except ones looking for repeat business, do not reward brand loyalty. The concept with these companies is to increase its customer base using cheap introductory offers which fizzle out after the initial 12-24 month contract. Smart business sense is to evaluate ones service providers every 6 months, to ensure one always gets the best current deal.

Can you tell us when or if we get our "goodies" back, or if not, when we can know?

I have no problem with them being gone for good, I can simply put the important ones back in about an hour and the crash save me some cleaning that I was procrastinating on. So all I need to know is if I have to and if so, when

My sig and avatar are back

Excellent. Nice to see a smooth recovery. I lost my friends though and they were replaced with people whom I've never met.

You can edit that within your profile by clicking on them and deleting them, invite back your old friends, and in time all will be back to normal. :)

You can edit that within your profile by clicking on them and deleting them, invite back your old friends, and in time all will be back to normal. :)

Already ahead of ya on that one. I can't see anything else that is broken right now, but I lost my mod-status of the messing section. Profile data such as "gender" are gone, but that's a breeze to fix.

How do you re-invite friends? My friend list is empty, yet when I go to their profiles, it still shows they are on my friends list :huh: do I have to un-friend them, then add them again?

Also, all of my PM's or emails are gone from my messenger box....will those ever come back or can I just say bye to those as well??

:(

wow there are some very picky users here... I mean so once ina while there is a technical problem.. i mean this is technology we are talking about... some made by man... of course its going to have problems.... and sometimes they can't be fixed in under 30 minutes.

Of course it was annoying, and problem caused some major anxiety for DD....

And now that its back.. i haven't noticed anything wrong... i got my profile info back, my avatar, chats working fine for me... as it always has....

thanks so much DD for keeping us as updated as possible, and for riding out the storm to bring back dailydiapers!!!

• Like 1

I have fixed what is missing on my profile