LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Hoard Diapers

I think I might be getting there.

This morning I finally broke open the case of ABU Cushies & SDK's I had stored in a closet.

I had them for a couple weeks before I used my others up.

Yesterday I was looking for diaper samples online.

The day before, I ordered a case of Abena Abri-Form L-4.

Are they any good, btw?

Then later that day, I saw the Pampers with girl and boy prints.

I wanted them, but I knew I wouldn't wear them.

They are way too cute to just use them for stuffers.

So, they'd go next to my Pampers 7 package I got when they came out.

Just wondering if it's getting carried away to always want more diapers.

I'm pretty bad for hoarding myself, I have cupboards and drawers full of nappies! My girlfriend insisted I wear full time all last weekend just to try and use some up! Just shows hoarding isn't always a bad thing lol

• Like 1

I find myself doing stuff like this also, and in looking back, it's kind of a cyclical thing that happens as part of my binge & purge cycle. I get obsessive about shopping and looking for diapers at certain sites and have to stop and remind myself that I have plenty in stock that I have to work through BEFORE ordering more.

I think something that acctivates this and feeds it is how places like Bambino run out of stock through out the year, creating an artificial demand for their products. people think that:

"ok, they have XYZ in stock now, who knows how long that will last so I had better order a case NOW before they run out again and I have to wait" etc

So they order, even though they may not actually NEED any, since they have other brands, but the 'FEAR" of not being able to get ANY right NOW feeds that obsession and creates demand and keeps the cycles going.

just my 2 cents on that topic....

Now you'll excuse me, I have some shopping to do ;)

• Like 1

Collect yes, hoard no. I collect diapers, I know which diapers I have, I have them stored neatly, and I know what's stored where. I'm specific about what's in my collection, and if I have it, I have a reason for having it. There's only one package of any given design in my collection and I don't consider it a hoard. Now if I had diapers piling up everywhere, then I'd consider it a hoard. :)

I wouldn't say I hoard diapers but I do buy them two cases at a time since the shipping always takes a minimum of 1 week. I always make sure to have a bunch on hand, so when I get down to two or three packages left I order two more cases so I always have some on hand. Otherwise I'd run the risk of running out.

I won't say I'm a diaper hoarder, but my wife might argue that point with me, AND if you saw my "diaper room", you might say I have way more than I need or would normally use, since I'm a DL only, but wear A LOT. I just LOVE to buy diapers and plastic pants, and were my supply run out, I have enough CLOTH diapers to keep my butt padded as much as I'd want to be! LOL Hoarder? Not sure, but there are those that would say that I am! And, no big deal to me. There are worse things that I could be into!

Let's just say my supplies are "elastic." I'll have several cases going at one time and then I'll get down to like I am now where I've only got a few of this and that, even using a bag from Wal*Mart cause I've not had time to run over to Sams Club for my everyday stuff.

I see diaper hoarding as a sign that the fetish has crossed the line into obsession. I've seen pics on FL of people with rooms piled full of diapers and other baby gear. To me it's a sign of mental problems that need to be addressed.

So someone who happens to actually need the diapers either for bedwetting or incontinence makes them mentally problematic? :horse:

I happen to have two cases of Active Ultra's and Attends pull ups, one of Tena Slip Maxi's two bags of ABU's BMX and half a bag of Dry24/7's. And last time I checked I seem to have my life pretty balanced... :whistling: Hell I'm all about to having stock than get to a scenario where I would run out of diapers, and I would have to resort to a cheap store brand and a wet bed, not my cup of tea!

I see diaper hoarding as a sign that the fetish has crossed the line into obsession. I've seen pics on FL of people with rooms piled full of diapers and other baby gear. To me it's a sign of mental problems that need to be addressed.

So any of you out there that have more than a couple bags of diapers in your supply, you have mental problems and should be diagnosed .

I am going to call my doctor as soon as possible and get my problem looked at. Holy shit. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a good supply of diapers in my basement. I have ten cases of the old style Attends 10 Classic diapers before they stopped making them. I found them here and there on the internets real cheap so I bought what I could. I also have two full cases of Kendall Lille supremes size large with the plastic backing before they went to the cloth backing. Also some Tena supers before they changed to all velcro tabs, some diapers I ordered from Germany, whole lot of Tena pads bought out of a local newspaper and or discount stores. You can't pass up a good deal, you have to take them or lose them.

I have a closet with about a case of dry 24/7, half a case of Abena M4s a couple secure xplus. I like to try different brands to see how good they are and if I like them. I don't see stocking up as a sign of mental illness. Now "Hoarding", that is actually different, if you've ever seen the show hoarding on I think TLC or something, That actually is considered a mental illness, but in this case you'd have to have an entire house filled with diapers to be considered a hoarder.

I proably hoard diapers. I have proably about 100+ bags at my house, plus what I have in storage. I am a diaper lover and I love to have lots of diapers around me. For instance last night I ordered a case of Bambino, 3 bags of Tranquility Slimline, and 1 bag each of Abena L2, L3 and XL3 diapers. I think that I am a bit obsessive/compulsive about haveing diapers around. Although I think that A/C runs in my family though. My family and I are collecters of many different things and I think I have the gene that makes me want to have lots of stuff around. Sometimes I cant help myself and I order diapers. I dont think that I could have anyone over to my house since there are so many diapers around. I dont know what I will do if I get a girlfriend. My room is filled to capacity with bags of diapers and unless whom ever I go out with is totally open minded,it would be hard to bring anyone over to my house. I am afraid to even have my family over as there is so much diaper parafinalia around. I am trying to wear as much as possible to use up what I have, but I have so many diapers it will take me a while to use them up. Luckly I can afford to purchase diapers at my lesure, but I have too many to hide. Im not sure what I will do if anyone wants to come over to my house..

I'm sure that if you saw my collection, people would think that I am a horder, but, as others have said, I know what diapers that I have and where they are stored. To put is simply, I like to buy diapers and have them around and I wear as often as I can. I know that to some this would look like an obsession, but to me there is a thrill to buying and aquiring diapers.

Now, if I could only figure out how to wear 24/7 discreetly around a family business........ That would be great, but as of now, I am stuck wearing at home.

I'm sure that if you saw my collection, people would think that I am a horder, but, as others have said, I know what diapers that I have and where they are stored.

Don't forget, hoarders are generally upset by their accumulation of things, while collectors are generally pleased with/proud of their collections. That's another important distinction--I'm personally proud of my diaper collection. :)

• Like 2

I guess I've always been more or less Addictive or O.C.D. about my diaper habits in general.

So it's more a part of an extenuating neurosis in my behavior.

I go through phases of not wearing at all.

Then I can't wait to have a diaper on my butt.

Even I can't explain or understand it all myself.

When I have so many that I have no choice but to sleep on top of them... Wouldn't that be a good thing?

Right now they don't even fill a closet.

I've got bigger issues to deal with.

My D.L. ways may seem to help balance bigger issues in my life.

Don't forget, hoarders are generally upset by their accumulation of things, while collectors are generally pleased with/proud of their collections. That's another important distinction--I'm personally proud of my diaper collection. :)

Thats a good point. I too am proud of my collection, and I enjoy collecting them as well. Many times while going to thrift stores looking for diapers I have found many other good things to buy.

You guys are really twisting what I said.

Obviously the best way to order diapers is by the case, so if you use regularly it's not an issue to have a couple of cases sitting around. My husband orders for us once a month, so it's not unusual for us to have two cases unopened plus whatever is on the shelf from previous cases at the beginning of the month.

Use your good judgment here (assuming you have any). If you've got a closet or room or whatever just stuffed full of diapers, if you've got more than you could wear in several months, if you buy diapers just for the sheer joy of buying them, if you buy diapers you know you'll never use or if your diaper purchases are eating up a sizable percentage of your income then you've probably got a hoarding issue.

I've seen pics of rooms with at least $10,000 worth of diapers piled in them. It's not healthy and is a sign of obsession that needs to be addressed.

Fetish is just fine, but when you cross that line into obsession there are some obvious mental issues that need to be sorted out.

These days I never have more than a case on hand, but I used to keep several cases on hand. My reason for this wasn't so much because I didn't want to run out (which did play a small part though) it was because I had a bunch of different brands. I like variety, that way I can pick the diaper to fit the mood I'm in. Thick diaper for lounging around or sleeping in or a thinner diaper for being on the go or one with a baby print because I'm feeling particularly babyish. But I don't wear enough anymore to have so many diapers on hand... nor the space to store them in either.

I wouldn't say I hoard them, but the nature of how I get through diapers means there are sometimes months (even up to a year or so, maybe longer) where there are hundreds left untouched. Basically I loose interest and wear infrequently or not at all and the same is true for my partner - there are times where she simply won't touch them for months on end. I suppose it is a bit like "binge/purge" cycles, but without any of the guilt people supposedly associate with it; simply a loss of interest (temporarily) for one or both of us.

On average we probably have the equivalent of 60 or so of various types on a given day - I think this is pretty reasonable. Generally we rotate them pretty well - e.g. in the bedroom and bathroom we have stacks that mean we don't wear the same diaper twice in a row (e.g. stacks like "tena, molicare, abri-form, attends, tena, molicare, abri-form, attends, [repeat previous sequence]" with other brands (i.e. premium ABDL ones like Bambio and ABU) "randomly" mixed in.

Last year was a prime example of us having an unusually large stash though - having just stocked up on about 200 diapers (on top of the 50 or so we had) neither of us wore for months.Following that dry spell* it was then only me wearing for months after that, so we had 250 or so lying about for ages.

That said, I don't think we've ever had more than 400. I agree with Luvs girl that if we were to have that many - I'd be questioning if we were taking things to far!

* sorry!

Thats a good point. I too am proud of my collection, and I enjoy collecting them as well. Many times while going to thrift stores looking for diapers I have found many other good things to buy.

I actually have my collection cataloged so that I can easily keep track of what's in it. I'm also a bit more selective about the packaging for diapers in my collection then I am for diapers that I intend to wear. If it's part of the collection, the packaging has to look good, but if it's something that I'm going to wear, I'll grab the first package that I see.

Use your good judgment here (assuming you have any). If you've got a closet or room or whatever just stuffed full of diapers, if you've got more than you could wear in several months, if you buy diapers just for the sheer joy of buying them, if you buy diapers you know you'll never use or if your diaper purchases are eating up a sizable percentage of your income then you've probably got a hoarding issue.

Buying diapers knowing you'll never use them doesn't make you a hoarder, nor does buying them for the sheer joy of buying them or even having a room/closet full of/dedicated to them. A problem only begins to exist when one compulsively purchases diapers without reason, and multiple criteria listed above are met. If one is prioritizing the purchase of diapers over things such as food or other necessities, then there's a problem.

Again, I have diapers in my collection that I know I'm not going to use. I specifically purchased them as part of the collection though. Furthermore, every diaper in the collection is cataloged, I know why I purchased every package of diapers I have, and I know where they're located. (I'm also far more picky about the packaging for diapers in the collection then I am for diapers that I'm going to use.) I also keep track of how much I'm spending on diapers, and whether or not it's "too much" depends on what other recreational expenditures I incur.

In contrast, a hoarder wouldn't organize such a collection, nor would a hoarder have a reason for having a specific package of diapers in his or her collection other then to have it. A hoarder would likely not keep track of his or her diaper budget, nor would a hoarder be proud of his or her accumulation of diapers.

As an example of a reason why a specific diaper is in my collection, let's use one of my recent additions, the Huggies Little Movers Slip-On Size 5 Diapers, A.K.A. Slip-Ons. The Slip-Ons are in my collection because:

• They're a new product/This is their "initial run"

• They're different from other diapers currently available in the U.S.

• The purchase was planned and budgeted for well before it was actually made

I also have an open package of Slip-Ons that's not in the collection. I bought that to use and will continue to use it until it's gone. There's only one package of Slip-Ons in the collection, while a hoarder would likely have several. My point is that not everyone with a large collection is a hoarder. One more distinction: Just because someone has a room with $10,000 dollars worth of diapers, that doesn't make them a hoarder. A collector may accumulate $10,000 dollars worth of diapers over the course of several years, picking and choosing what diapers are part of that $10,000 dollar collection. A hoarder may accumulate a $10,000 dollar collection of diapers over the course of several months depending on how wealthy that hoarder is, and those diapers will likely be duplicates as well. Again, there's a distinction. If your diapers are in a storage unit because you've run out of space in your house to store them, then you have a problem.

Now if one looked at one of my non-diaper collections recently, they might initially believe my recent acquisitions to that collection are a hoard although that person would be wrong. Yes, I have duplicates of the items in question, yes they cost me a sizable amount of money, yes they're taking up space that they probably shouldn't be, and yes I have far more of each item then I could ever use. Now here's why they're not a hoard: several of the items in question are already listed for sale on eBay, with additional listings to follow the sale of the items currently available. I sold four of the aforementioned items already, and will continue to do so until I've sold my surplus entirely.

• Like 1

I actually have my collection cataloged so that I can easily keep track of what's in it. I'm also a bit more selective about the packaging for diapers in my collection then I am for diapers that I intend to wear. If it's part of the collection, the packaging has to look good, but if it's something that I'm going to wear, I'll grab the first package that I see.

Buying diapers knowing you'll never use them doesn't make you a hoarder, nor does buying them for the sheer joy of buying them or even having a room/closet full of/dedicated to them. A problem only begins to exist when one compulsively purchases diapers without reason, and multiple criteria listed above are met. If one is prioritizing the purchase of diapers over things such as food or other necessities, then there's a problem.

Again, I have diapers in my collection that I know I'm not going to use. I specifically purchased them as part of the collection though. Furthermore, every diaper in the collection is cataloged, I know why I purchased every package of diapers I have, and I know where they're located. (I'm also far more picky about the packaging for diapers in the collection then I am for diapers that I'm going to use.) I also keep track of how much I'm spending on diapers, and whether or not it's "too much" depends on what other recreational expenditures I incur.

In contrast, a hoarder wouldn't organize such a collection, nor would a hoarder have a reason for having a specific package of diapers in his or her collection other then to have it. A hoarder would likely not keep track of his or her diaper budget, nor would a hoarder be proud of his or her accumulation of diapers.

As an example of a reason why a specific diaper is in my collection, let's use one of my recent additions, the Huggies Little Movers Slip-On Size 5 Diapers, A.K.A. Slip-Ons. The Slip-Ons are in my collection because:

• They're a new product/This is their "initial run"

• They're different from other diapers currently available in the U.S.

• The purchase was planned and budgeted for well before it was actually made

I also have an open package of Slip-Ons that's not in the collection. I bought that to use and will continue to use it until it's gone. There's only one package of Slip-Ons in the collection, while a hoarder would likely have several. My point is that not everyone with a large collection is a hoarder. One more distinction: Just because someone has a room with $10,000 dollars worth of diapers, that doesn't make them a hoarder. A collector may accumulate $10,000 dollars worth of diapers over the course of several years, picking and choosing what diapers are part of that $10,000 dollar collection. A hoarder may accumulate a $10,000 dollar collection of diapers over the course of several months depending on how wealthy that hoarder is, and those diapers will likely be duplicates as well. Again, there's a distinction. If your diapers are in a storage unit because you've run out of space in your house to store them, then you have a problem.

Now if one looked at one of my non-diaper collections recently, they might initially believe my recent acquisitions to that collection are a hoard although that person would be wrong. Yes, I have duplicates of the items in question, yes they cost me a sizable amount of money, yes they're taking up space that they probably shouldn't be, and yes I have far more of each item then I could ever use. Now here's why they're not a hoard: several of the items in question are already listed for sale on eBay, with additional listings to follow the sale of the items currently available. I sold four of the aforementioned items already, and will continue to do so until I've sold my surplus entirely.

I am very simlar situation. I buy diapers to eventually resell some of them. I have several packs of vintage Attends that some day I will put on Ebay. I also know where most of my diapers are. Many of them I have in close proximity to me so that I can wear them. I have many multiples of the same type of diapers. It depends on my mood to what type of diaper that I want to wear. Some days I like to wear thin one and done diapers, and other time I feel like something that will absorb large wettings.

If someone were to look all my diapers, they would proable think that I am a horder, but as said above, it is all relative to what you collect. Some people collect classic cars worth thousands or more and have many multiple cars and are not called hoarders. I happen to collect diapers. Just because I have several hundred bags at anyone time is not that much different from anyone who has a large collection of cars. It just happens to be your prospective on what you collect. I also collect a few other things such as poker chips and pint glasses, and I have large collections of them as well, but not near the extent that I have diapers. Again, its all relative to what you collect.

I don't hoard or collect, but I love to experiment! If there is a diaper out there that I can find a way to use, I want to see if it will improve my life. I just bought Pampers Extra Protection as an experiment and discovered that it was a Baby Dry with a longer soak area as well as more SAP. I like the Dry Max Pampers better because they soak up a flood faster. While the Baby Dry can hold a decent amount, it needs time to soak it up. Anyway, it's my drive to understand things that makes me want to buy more diapers and try them, but I do use them all!