LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper With A Catheter Instead Of A Bag...

Anyone use a diaper with a catheter? I imagine that one would have to change more often to prevent a UTI. But that is just a guess. Anyone have experiences with this they would like to share?

Just curious...

Scott

Your chances of a UTI increase dramaticly. Remember a cath provides an unrestricked path to your internal cavities. The normal processes to block harmful stuff is gone. You can combine diapers and caths, BUT you have to be much cleaner in your whole diaper area. Dont just clean the entry area. Clean everything. Keep in mind the longer your in a wet diaper, the better the chance for bacteria to grow. That bacteria can travel back up the cath. Also keep in mind there are harmful bacteria in your #2. Make sure your clean everywhere to prevent this bacteria from getting to the cath. Avoid doing #2 while diapered with a cath.

I can tell you from personal experiance this can be a serious health issue if your not careful. I am totally incon from an accident. There are times I need to cath. I have had serious hospitalizations due to cath contamination.

On a lighter note, if done properly and safely, it should be quite an experiance. Will give you a real feel of whats its like to be incon.

Use lots of lube. more the better. If you walk around, you will get sore due to the movement of the cath and your "parts". lots of lube can help with that.

Have fun, be safe.

It results in a very full diaper in a very short time, there is no sensation of going, only some warmth now and then.

I too must stress safety and hygiene, take every precaution to be sterile.If this is something you do regularly, sooner or later you will get a UTI. This can be serious, go to the Doctor.

I'd repeat what's been said about being clean and careful but it's certainly the case that being cathed and diapered is a great experience. My record is nine days straight. I've been cathing regularly now for about nine months and have had no problems yet - and the complete lack of control is just amazing. If you're feeling adventurous, take a very sharp knife and make a cut in the catheter about 2 inches long starting about 2 inches below the balloon (be careful which side you cut, so you don't cut the smaller tube which carries the water to the balloon). Insert the cath as normal but stopper the end (you can buy special cath plugs) and then the pee will pass through your urethra as if you're peeing normally but you won't be able to control it :-)

I'll not be the first to say this, but this is a BAD idea. I'm an ICU Registered Nurse (murse? i'm a guy afterall), and I put foley catheters into people all the time, and even being clean and using betadine to scrub the area beforehand rarely results in a totally clean insertion.

If you use an open ended catheter into your diaper, you are almost GUARANTEED to develop a UTI. This is seriously a stupid idea. It's not worth the risk, because some UTI's can't be cured with just some cranberry juice. You can be taking your life into your hands.

-piper

Please Don’t disregard the warnings about safety. However it can be a lot of fun. There are several recommendations on the web instructing you to drink cranberry juice to prevent a UTI. When cathing I follow this and have been safe so far. Another suggestion is to clip the end with a paper clip in such a way to restrict the flow therefore having a constant out flow preventing an infection from traveling up the open catheter.

every time the Urologist had me use a indwelling Cath i got an infection... and i followed strict cleaning routines... now they where always after surgeries to try to improve my incontinence so they may be a factor but i just HATE caths... they hurt...

Your going to get alot of people saying to be Very careful! This is true. I have been using caths for years now. I have started with size 16f and worked my way to a 30f but for comfort i use a 24 or 26. The longest i have used one is for about 6 weeks straight. The feeling is great and gets some discomfort for a few days but you get use to it. I love this method cause it lets me be Incontinent and to feel like i have a need for a diaper when using a catheter. Have to say doing this is a great feeling and my diaper use is 24/7. Make sure you get a plug on the end if you order them so you can stop the flow when need or during change or when showering. Enjoy and be Careful. Read up online first about it before trying. It is painful at fist and having blood and spasms can happen. Took me a few weeks to get use to it.

ps i was able to order 2 of these plugs that are valves that you can leave in place and works wonders

http://medgadget.com/2009/10/truflo_catheter_valve_for_a_more_natural_urine_discharge.html

I'll not be the first to say this, but this is a BAD idea. I'm an ICU Registered Nurse (murse? i'm a guy afterall), and I put foley catheters into people all the time, and even being clean and using betadine to scrub the area beforehand rarely results in a totally clean insertion.

If you use an open ended catheter into your diaper, you are almost GUARANTEED to develop a UTI. This is seriously a stupid idea. It's not worth the risk, because some UTI's can't be cured with just some cranberry juice. You can be taking your life into your hands.

-piper

every time the Urologist had me use a indwelling Cath i got an infection... and i followed strict cleaning routines... now they where always after surgeries to try to improve my incontinence so they may be a factor but i just HATE caths... they hurt...

-ldatsea

Well here's a voice of knowledge, and a voice of experience, this is probably not a good way to play.

I tried using an intermintant cath with a diaper and it was not a good idea. The first two times I put a cath in I felt like I was going to throw up. The third time I did it I tried to push the urine out and I got blood flowing down the cath. It was super scary, I thought I would have to go to the hospital. Luckly everything was ok, but I wont mess around with catheters anymore now. My experience put a huge scare in me and it is not somthing I want to mess around with again.

I tried using an intermintant cath with a diaper and it was not a good idea. The first two times I put a cath in I felt like I was going to throw up. The third time I did it I tried to push the urine out and I got blood flowing down the cath. It was super scary, I thought I would have to go to the hospital. Luckly everything was ok, but I wont mess around with catheters anymore now. My experience put a huge scare in me and it is not somthing I want to mess around with again.

You did something wrong there, no doubt. Pushing the urine out should not at all be an issue, it should just flow. If you think you did the cathing correctly, you should probably still see a doctor about that, it doesn't seem normal. Care to describe your procedure? Maybe we can figure out what went wrong.

There's a place here in NYC I recently visited for a "Sluts for Charity" event, it's called the "NYC Rubber Clinic" and I've been looking forward to getting cath'd there, they have a sterile room and all the equipment. It seems like they do some serious stuff there, like surgical stuff, so a cath should be no big deal. The idea of being cath'd by a sexy dominant nurse, then put into a diaper, straight jacket and gag and led into one of the many cages in the place sound pretty amazing.

It IS dangerous, but can be done in the right circumstances.

Looking back on it I think I pushed the cath in too far, and I dont think that there was much urine in my bladder the first couple of times. I thought that there would be resistance from the cath when it went into my bladder, but I dont think that there was, I just dont think there was any in there.

As it ends up I ended up going to the emergancy room for another unrelated matter and they did a urine anallisis and said that everthing was fine, wich was a great relief to me since I thought that maybe I had a cut in my urinary tract, and had an infection.

When I put the caths in I used a whole package of sterile lube each time, and I think I used enough, but im sure I just pushed too far. I have a couple of caths left, but I dont think that I will try that again. Maybe the Foley cath would have been a better choice, but I dont that that I will play around with it again unless I get it professionally put in.

i had a Foley cath in and use a value out of the leg bag worked great. i take a urine bag and cut around the in tube. cut down the side of the value make sure u don't cut the value. take and cut both sides of the outer bag from around the tube leaving the connecter and the long plastic value. the value will let the urine seep out and not let bacteria in. the value only opens a fraction to let the urine seep out. i wipe the out side of the value and cath with a baby wipe every time i change. once a day i disconnect the value and pour rubbing alcohol in it and on the outside of it and quickly reconnect it worked for a weak. i just got tired of it being in. if u masturbate with it in. it is a weird felling when the sperm come out around the cath. but it helps cut down on the irritation with it being in for so long. PS if you jack off before u insert the cath it really helps to lubricate your ureatha and insertion is a hell of lot easier.

Looking back on it I think I pushed the cath in too far, and I dont think that there was much urine in my bladder the first couple of times. I thought that there would be resistance from the cath when it went into my bladder, but I dont think that there was, I just dont think there was any in there.

How far was it (inches/mm)? Usually it starts to flow somewhen before it's too far. And too far is rather unlikely anyway. What kind of catheter did you use (lenght, width)?

Your going to get alot of people saying to be Very careful! This is true. I have been using caths for years now. I have started with size 16f and worked my way to a 30f but for comfort i use a 24 or 26. The longest i have used one is for about 6 weeks straight. The feeling is great and gets some discomfort for a few days but you get use to it. I love this method cause it lets me be Incontinent and to feel like i have a need for a diaper when using a catheter. Have to say doing this is a great feeling and my diaper use is 24/7. Make sure you get a plug on the end if you order them so you can stop the flow when need or during change or when showering. Enjoy and be Careful. Read up online first about it before trying. It is painful at fist and having blood and spasms can happen. Took me a few weeks to get use to it.

ps i was able to order 2 of these plugs that are valves that you can leave in place and works wonders

http://medgadget.com/2009/10/truflo_catheter_valve_for_a_more_natural_urine_discharge.html

Wow, that's prett impressive on the catheter sizes. I've used mainly 16f but have on hand 18-22f. Thought I'd work my way up to but was wondering how it all went and the time it took to "graduate" to the next size. I can't commit to having it in for weeks at a time, only about 3-4 days a week in a row. How was your continence after the caths were removed, especially the larger sized ones???

I've cathed myself a number of times. Once you know what to expect, it's pretty straight forward I'd agree. Little pain at first for a lot of pleasure later. Just gotta be careful but that's with anything.

PS. Thanks for the link to the valve site! I wished they made somethink like that and have looked but guess I didn't look hard enough!

There's a place here in NYC I recently visited for a "Sluts for Charity" event, it's called the "NYC Rubber Clinic" and I've been looking forward to getting cath'd there, they have a sterile room and all the equipment. It seems like they do some serious stuff there, like surgical stuff, so a cath should be no big deal. The idea of being cath'd by a sexy dominant nurse, then put into a diaper, straight jacket and gag and led into one of the many cages in the place sound pretty amazing.

It IS dangerous, but can be done in the right circumstances.

Dang!!! That's crazy!! Didn't know there were places out there I guess that would really do that for you! That'd be fun, I'd agree. How much is it though?

I was useing an 18fr intermitant cath. It was about 14 to 16 inches long, and I had it in about half way. The first two times I tried it, they both went in about half way and nothing was comming out. I did not have the end plugged, so I wonder if it is like a straw when you have your finger on one end and if it would not let anything come out?

I was useing an 18fr intermitant cath. It was about 14 to 16 inches long, and I had it in about half way. The first two times I tried it, they both went in about half way and nothing was comming out. I did not have the end plugged, so I wonder if it is like a straw when you have your finger on one end and if it would not let anything come out?

Right.

First of all, please forgive me if I'm going to sound like a school teacher now.

2nd: please do quote, at least partly, the post you're answering to. There were a couple of medium length postings in between and it wasn't all that obvious any more who you referred to.

3rdDo read up before you try anything catheter again. You should know your anatomy down there with a bit more detail than you do now.

The straw/plug/finger/end-thingy. Don't do that. You might just get some air into your bladder, which is not the right place for air to be. There's a reason why foleys are blocked with sterile water and not with air, although the chance of a leaking balloon is minute. Drink at least half a liter (approximately an American or imperial pint, half a French Canadian pinte, or 2 Flandrian pintjes [Do I dislike non-SI-units? :huh: ].) of still water half an hour to an hour before a catheterisation, so that you can be relatively sure that there is something to flow.

You can plug the funnel end after the air inside the catheter has been flushed out, but initially let it flow into a nappy/ diaper to catch the urine, or attach a urine bag.

Very important: If your catheter really didn't go any further in than 7 inches, you might have an obstruction in your urethra. If you can, let it get checked out.

7 inches would put the catheter tip before the sphincter if your urethra is rather short*, meaning that no urine could have flown in the intended way. 'Pushing it out' might not have had any effect either due to the prostate clamping shut because of the irritation from the catheter.

* quote from 'The Length of the Male Urethra', T.S. Kohler et al.:

Results: The mean urethral length was 22.3 cm with a standard deviation of 2.4 cm. Urethral length varied between 15

cm and 29 cm. No statistically significant correlation was found between urethral length and height, weight, body mass

index (BMI), or age.

Non-metrical readers convert cm to inches by dividing by 2.54. That would put the length quoted at 22.3 / 2.54 = 8.8 inches with a SD of less than an inch.

The full paper can be found here and makes a good start for a read-up on male plumbing parts. :thumbsup:

My inner-DL (and to a lesser extent my little side) is intrigued by the idea of a catheter with a diaper but my more sensible side screams "DON'T!" while my squeamish side screams "you're gonna stick it WHERE?!"... So I'll probably never try it. Self-preservation in action :lol:

As much as I want to try out a cath again, I am not sure that I am ready too. I would really like to try a folley for a few days, but I am not sure that I am ready to try cathing again. Maybe one of these days I will try. I think that I maybe just need some practice at it first though......

Your chances of a UTI increase dramaticly. Remember a cath provides an unrestricked path to your internal cavities. The normal processes to block harmful stuff is gone. You can combine diapers and caths, BUT you have to be much cleaner in your whole diaper area. Dont just clean the entry area. Clean everything. Keep in mind the longer your in a wet diaper, the better the chance for bacteria to grow. That bacteria can travel back up the cath. Also keep in mind there are harmful bacteria in your #2. Make sure your clean everywhere to prevent this bacteria from getting to the cath. Avoid doing #2 while diapered with a cath.

This could be easily taken care of by using a backflow preventer. Finding one in a practical size with the required minimum pressure to open the valve may prove to be difficult though. Still, caths are not quite worth it to me.

As much as I want to try out a cath again, I am not sure that I am ready too. I would really like to try a folley for a few days, but I am not sure that I am ready to try cathing again. Maybe one of these days I will try. I think that I maybe just need some practice at it first though......

No great chance for practising there, if it's in, it's in. If you don't get it in the whole way, then it's not much practice.