LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Elderly Woman Asked To Remove Adult Diaper During Tsa Search

first shoes have to be removed ..now diapers soon we will have to fly naked ..... WTF we allow this crap!

I'm really waiting for the next requirement to be the removal of all clothing and passengers will fly in a TSA issued jumpsuit. That seems like a logical step to me if they are so worried about passengers hiding things in their clothes.

So we should just throw out any saftey measures and let the chips fall where they land. Sort of like playing Roulete. Sorry but I for on think safty comes first.

New tonight at six: SHOCKING developments - life is dangerous!

Sorry but that argument doesn't wash - if safety comes first, you shouldn't ever drive, walk down the street, play sports, walk in the woods, etc, etc, etc, etc without first being 'cleared' and scanned by an officious, arrogant, jobsworth. All of those are considerably more dangerous than flying but I don't see the TSA groping me before I put the key in the ignition or walking to the shops or......

Once again, we do not have all the facts.

If I was at the airport and they just asked for me to change into a clean diaper before they continue to check me, I would not have a problem doing so because who wants to mess around with a wet or messed diaper? It did not sound like they intended for granny to fly undiapered but it sure sounds like the daughter did not plan ahead. That's my take on it.

Yeah, some TSA people are like some cops. Eventually you run into one who is on a power trip. But the rest of them, dare I say, the majority of them are fine with you as long as you do as asked.

Airports can sort of be thought of like private property. Places like Disney look through your bags (but do not pat you down...) When you agree to fly, you agree to their terms and give up some civil liberties. Sorry. It's for everyone's protection. However, saying that, it's true they have not yet caught one person leaving from an American city with plans to blow up a plane. Does it mean it's working? Perhaps. But I am also a strong believer in profiling because to date, it seems the bad people all have ties to the Muslim faith. I'd watch them much more closely than some little old lady. But what if these bad guys hid something on grandma's person just to slip it through? After all, these same people right now have taken to asking young girls to carry bombs for them in Afghanistan to blow up policemen.

Luckily my local airport has been good to me. It's rather small and the people are nice. I have gotten patted down before and I am sure they got an idea I was "protected" but they had no problems with me. After all, a look of my flight showed me flying for 12 hours all the way across the US and up to Alaska. I do have to say Atlanta was the worse for attitude but I bet that's because there are so many people going through there. I have not been to any of the New England states since 9/11 so I can not comment on how bad their attitudes can be.

This coming Christmas I will once again have to take to the air and will most likely need protection on the flight. Heck, I'd be lucky to get to my final destination with the route they laid out. But unlike the people in this story, I'll have an extra or two on my carry on (and change between planes.) In fact with the extra $50 for a bag they are asking, I will try to put everything in a carry on and buy extra diapers once I get to the "big city." Yeah, it means some substandard quality diapers for a few nights. But that's due to the fat cats who operate these cattle cars of the air and their bottom line. But then again, I'll have to triple them up (probably will be Attends) and I am sure I can get my wife to help me.

<br />I'm really waiting for the next requirement to be the removal of all clothing and passengers will fly in a TSA issued jumpsuit. That seems like a logical step to me if they are so worried about passengers hiding things in their clothes.<br />
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br /><br />Hmm or a tsa blanket sleeper? That way the feet are covered and they don't have to provide shoes.

I'm really waiting for the next requirement to be the removal of all clothing and passengers will fly in a TSA issued jumpsuit. That seems like a logical step to me if they are so worried about passengers hiding things in their clothes.

if it doesn't happen.it won't be for the TSA not trying to put it into effect :huh: Wouldn't it be safer if people were not allowed to carry anything onto the plane except their body? No possible underwear bombers, no possible shoe bombers, no inspection of carry-on baggage for a dangerous 5oz bottle of shampoo, no need for body scanners with their radiation and cost, just strip everyone so there can be no claim of profiling or discrimination. Everyone will have to wear the issued Depends and stay belted in their seat (which will be electrically locked just in case someone wants to break the rules) so they can't be hurt by turbulence and air pockets can be more easily "safety monitored" during the flight.

Nobody could have any reason to refuse this as it makes boarding faster, lowers costs, and flying safer- perhaps toddler49 would want to work to get this implemented? ;) JK of course, but there are no holes in this logic, with the sole exception that Americans aren't supposed to have to put up with sh!t like the TSA because it's unconstitutional :glare:

Bettypooh

I think there's a moratorium on airports moving from TSA screeners to private security now, isn't there? So airports that have private screeners can keep them but no more can switch.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-29/travel/tsa.private_1_tsa-government-screeners-screening-program?_s=PM:TRAVEL

TSA will threaten to shut down flights originating from airports that do not have any TSA to grope passengers

honestly i fly often many times a year, have since i was like 13... i've got a movement disorder.... i understand that the movements i make and the things i do... make me look suspicious.... i'm almost always subject to 'random' searches.... whatever... just let them look through your bag, answer their questions, if you have medications which you know are liquid or gel and in more than the 3 oz containers do two things, one get a current prescription filled out by your doctor with their signature, 2 have your dr on their letter head write a note stating what you take, and why etc... and sign and date it...

I was going to quote the entire post. I've flown numerous times since 9/11 and have never had an issue, nor witnessed an issue. I think the TSA needs some work on public relations (I think there is a little bit to the power trip theory in action, which happens to a lot of people who have little power and try to exercise all the power they have- ever go through the red line at customs and you get the same thing). However, if you act appropriately, allow the security to do their job, and try to see their side before getting upset, I doubt you will see any issue- regardless of what you situation is.

I'm not sure what the best solution is, because the lax security we had before 9/11 was clearly a problem- and we can't afford to go back to that. If you really want to make some changes, write to your representative, go to a public meeting, or make an intelligent argument (that is oxymoronic).

Apparently, this story made national news. It was funny hearing Anderson Cooper saying diaper over and over again.

Anyways, I agree with most when I say the TSA has gone too far with airport security. The FBI, NSA, CIA, MI, etc. do a far better job of catching the terrorists.

I have a simple solution everyone bring knives on the plains. Who among us would allow Johny Jihad to try and take over a airplane again? I'm really not afraid of the 95 year old women and the six year olds blowing me out of the sky. I really wish the TSA would hire some people with some common sense.

if it doesn't happen.it won't be for the TSA not trying to put it into effect

be more easily "safety monitored" during the flight.

Nobody could have any reason to refuse this as it makes boarding faster, lowers costs, and flying safer- perhaps toddler49 would want to work to get this implemented? ;) JK of course, but there are no holes in this logic, with the sole exception that Americans aren't supposed to have to put up with sh!t like the TSA because it's unconstitutional :glare:

Bettypooh

Someone should ask Steve Jobs to take over the TSA. With Apples marketing skills people would pay an extra premium to be treated like that and an obligatory cavity search, too.

And feel smug about it afterwards.

• Like 1

They had the 95 year old on TV today and said she supported the TSA. She also said it was her daughter who was upset and it was her daughter who suggested they switch out the diaper.

They had the 95 year old on TV today and said she supported the TSA. She also said it was her daughter who was upset and it was her daughter who suggested they switch out the diaper.

This definitely shines a new light on things, but still doesn't resolve the issue that this whole searching is like shooting mosquitoes with a M61.

Out of proportion, unsuccessful, expensive, and inconvenient.

Not to threadjack, but this is not the first time a diaper has caused problems. I remember a story about a year or so ago that a person who was incontinent and wearing a diaper was flagged by TSA for additional screening. They wanted to either x-ray or further examine the diaper and the person warned them of possible leakage. Well, as they were working with the diaper (I don't remember the exact details) the person urinated. This person was then thrown to the floor and charged with assault. As I said I can't remember the details like location, sex of the person, etc., but I remember the "assault" part and thinking to myself yet again why I gave up my Gold Aeroplan status!

&lt;br /&gt;ohhh i like the idea of tsa jumpsuits... but whoever morphed that with footy pjs..... yeah that!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Well.. Have to keep those toseies warm. Some of those plane rides are chilly. Would definitely be alot more comfortable then wearing a tyvec suit against bare skin.. Tends to stick after a while...

Administrative search

Definition

: an inspection or search carried out under a regulatory or statutory scheme esp. in public or commercial premises and usu. to enforce compliance with regulations or laws pertaining to health, safety, or security <one of the fundamental principles of administrative searches is that the government may not use an administrative inspection scheme as a pretext to search for evidence of criminal violations People v. Madison, 520 N.E.2d 374 (1988)> (lawyers.com)

There are signs notifying passengers that they are entering an area that requires a search.

from the TSA blog:

if you choose to fly make it easy, put all your non-medical items that are 3.4 ounces or smaller in a one quart bag and Take it out at security so that it is clearly visible to any TSA officer. And declare your other large liquids like medications.

I've flown all over and I'm getting really tired of the attitude TSA gets, because all you do by yelling at them is make the line longer for everyone. Tell your congressperson instead.

more over TSA does catch prohibited items all the time, it just does not get the publicity that these stories do. According to a recent article in the LA Times on average prior to 1970 departing flights from US were hijacked 6 times a year, just prior to 9/11 and TSA it was 3 times a year; since TSA started there has been NO flight departing from the USA that has been hijacked, not one. I think thats proof enough for me to continue to go through security every time I fly.

read more at //http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/11/tsa-myth-or-fact-leaked-images.html

<one of the fundamental principles of administrative searches is that the government may not use an administrative inspection scheme as a pretext to search for evidence of criminal violations People v. Madison, 520 N.E.2d 374 (1988)>

Yet searching for criminal violations is exactly what they are doing.

since TSA started there has been NO flight departing from the USA that has been hijacked, not one.

That's because there have only been two terror attempts against airliners in the post-9/11 era, and both originated on foreign soil. It seems to me that the US should be mandating increased security measures on flights originating in other countries and worrying less about its own people.

Every year the TSA finds ways to restrict things or up their standards for searches/scans. That's right, security gets tighter in the presence of NO THREAT. Since when has the absence of a threat been treated as a reason to increase security?

Again, I wouldn't have a problem with the TSA if they had actually been successful in catching someone. Obviously, they have not.

• 3 months later...

The reason for NO HIJACKS since the TSA came into force is not because of the TSA actions. It is due to the increased security onboard aircraft, where no-one can enter a cockpit without being let in. Strict rules exist that involve the use of changing passwords, only one member of cabin crew entering the cockpit at a specific time etc to eliminate the threat hijackers can place on pilots of aircraft. It will get to the stage where the next level of aircraft have NO entrance between cockpit and cabin AND pilots will be ordered, when under threat, to land said aircraft and nearest airport.

As it stands, the airline industry do not want the TSA or anyone interfering with the industry. The industry have sorted it out themselves.

I do suggest that before the TSA tries to invade the world with its policies, that in America, you eliminate them.

Whatever / whomever started this fear-mongering, whether it be, as the TSA state, a response to threat from 9/11 or from other source, Americans have sold their freedom, and whomever started this, has beaten you and will continue to beat you.

History has seen billions die for freedom - but currently, Americans have given freely their own freedom for a semblance of what?

• Like 1