Powder Or Cream?

137 members have voted

1. 1. What do you put in your diaper?

• Powder
    • Cream, Vaseline, etc...
    • Both?
    • Neither
    • Other

So the search engine yielded nothing, and I want peoples advice, opinions, and what they use.

When changing/putting on a diaper, do you use powder, cream, both, or neither?

I've heard some people say they don't use anything, and powder seems to be the popular choice. What I want to know is if cream would be a better option? Is it healthier? (Fine dust can really mess up someone with a sensitive nasal lining.)

Hope this is in the right section.

usually baby powder while wearing diapers. An amazing feeling. Might use a little lotion before going back to big boy pants. When changing someone else, love using lotion or oil.

Well, I recently started experimenting with cloth diapers, and powder didn't feel like it was doing anything for me. It was almost as if the cloth diapers were absorbing it. I noticed that rubbing a little vaseline seemed to make it better at protecting against rash (I got my first diaper rash in cloth D= ). I just wanted to know what the community at DD chooses.

I chose 'nothing' but I sometimes use powder just to enjoy the scent as I'm powdering :) Rashes are rare for me which is good because I like being and feeling wet :D It's quite a pleasure to not have to constantly work at staying dry :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

I use baby l otion whti an overlay of powder to keep things from getting sticky

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

*Bumping this topic a bit, is two months too zombified?*

I don't use anything on an "every change" basis. That said, I use powder when I'm really longing for the nice smell. but I'd prefer it on my stomach instead of my diaper area, to be honest. I'll use rash cream (or Vaseline in a pinch) if I get a rash. I also like baby oil or lotion, but I tend to use that on areas other than my diaper area so I suppose it doesn't count.

~ moogle

I am a casual diaper wearer, so I hardly ever use cream though I use powder all the time, and that is due to its smell mostly. Cream being the oily substance it is requires that you wash your hands before taping your diaper on.

I mainly use powder but when I do use creams or baby lotion I'll have a hot washrag & towel to wipe my hands off before taping or pinning my diaper on.

• 2 months later...

Vaseline all the way, it's discreet with no smell and is used for lots of things so it's not weird to have around the house if someone sees. Per my mommy and nursing experience, powder feels nice and smells nice but doesn't do nearly as much for protecting the skin as cream.

Powder really doesn't do anything functionally. If you want it because of the smell or feel that's one thing.

I usually don't use either but I'll resort to Dr. Boudreaux's Butt Paste to beat rash/irritiation.

• 2 weeks later...