LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When To Know Diapers Are Taking Over Your Life

I think there is a balance to everything in life.

Personally, I'm addicted to addictions.

I have had to back off a take a break sometimes when it starts to consume me.

Do you think you can have the AB/DL lifestyle run your life?

So far, I have been a DL since I was potty trained.

It's a part of my life and will always be. Now that I'm "middle aged". :(

I'd like to know if others agree or think there's no such thing as too much AB/DL lifestyle.

It's hard to say exactly what is 'too much' for someone else :rolleyes: I read a novel once that had a plane landing in Shangri-La, where the rule of life was "moderation in all things- including moderation" ^_^ It's a tough philosophy to follow, but ut seems to ne enough for me if I just keep it in mind :D Another thought is that the DSM diagnosis of a "disorder" occurs when something is having a harmful affect on you because of how you see or deal with it, or what it does to you in your life :o

My 24/7 wearing doesn't really affect me adversely, but for some people it would because of how they see it or what diapers mean to them. I have a predilection to addictions and have overcome some of them, though that tendency will always be there so I have to watch for it all the time :whistling: If you worry about something, it's a sign that you need to think it through well, decide on a course of action, then follow that course so that you can stop worrying because the worrying is as bad for you mentally as the real effect may be physically B)

Bettypooh

Everybody seems to forget that fact that diapers are absorbent underwear! They were designed to be an aid to the containment of incontinence in infants until the time that they could control their functions and choose when to eliminate. So, over time, they have been seen to be for infants only.

Now, looking at the real world, we have "Pampers" available for a variety of ages, including getting larger and larger, enough to fit teens, and with Attends, to fit adults. Reality being that while perhaps a majority of infants DID achieve continence, there are those that continued to wet the bed uncontrollably - I did until I was 17 (!) - and some do their entire life, there are those that for a variety of medical reasons, never achieved or never achieve continence, and then there are those that because of a variety of reasons, including medical, that lose achieved continence in later stages of life.

Thus, in a different vein, there are those that, for some reason, including mental quirk - affectation, addiction, etc., if you will - that CHOOSE to wear and use a totally legitimate, legal product, "going against the grain" of so-called "normal" and "sane" society norms and expectations. This, of course, causes guilt, shame and self-loathing by for the one who opts for absorbent underwear because they don't understand their quirk, affectation, addiction, and consider it abnormal and, perhaps, a harmful defect, as an "outcast" in accepted practice and acceptability in society.

Given I'm comfortable with who I am and how I am, for me, I wear any damned time I want, and use whenever I want. And, I wear a lot, to the sometimes chagrin, but usually amused loving acceptance, of my wife. Now, if I had to race home, stop whatever I was doing, just so I could wet and mess myself, and then, sequester myself to wallow and delight in my eliminations, THAT would be having diapers take over my life. Or, if I could not be sexually stimulated at all, ever, without the use or inclusion of diapers in the intimacy, THAT would be having diapers take over my life. If I could not think a single thought or do anything without the word, the vision of or connection to/with a diaper being included, I might think that diapers had taken over my life. If I could not do anything at all, ever, without diapers being included, I might be concerned that diapers had taken over my life.

Methinks we in our "community" worry too much and are too hard on ourselves. However, it did take me many years to get to this point of comfort and contentment in my life with the diapers I choose to wear and use in it. I can only wish the same point and degree of contentment for like-mined others.

• Like 1

If you wear the entire package of diapers all at once...

Sorry, couldn't resist that...

On a more serious note: There is such a thing as too much of anything. Usually, that's when it gets to the point that it's interfering with aspects of your life that shouldn't be interfered with. Such as sacrificing meals or going in debt to afford more diapers or AB clothes/accessories. Or, causing social problems, such as walking around with diapers exposed in public. More so if it gets to the point that you do stuff that would get you featured in the "Diapers in the News" section... The reason that even moderation has to be moderated is because a life of strict moderation becomes boring and tends to lead to insanity... Too much money tends to lead one to think that they're better than everyone else. Too much class does the same thing. Too much food makes people fat. Too much oxygen will become corrosive and destroy your lungs. Too much of many types of vitamins will cause various types of cancers. Too much medicine will outright kill you. Too much of many of the things our bodies need will cause chemical imbalances that will kill you rather horribly (or in some cases, react with the water in your body and explode). Too much water will make your kidneys shut down. Too much electrical activity will destroy your tissues (especially the nervous system). Too much velocity makes vehicles too hard to steer. Too much stuff will leave you without anywhere to put it all. Too many pets will make you a hoarder and be very harmful to the animals and your home, and finances. There's even such thing as too much faith. That'll make you blind to reality.

• Like 1

"When To Know Diapers Are Taking Over Your Life"

When you feel the need to go on national TV and try to explain the lifestyle.

I think you and I usually see eye to eye, and while I usually like your posts... And don't disagree with your perspective on this topic;

I think that maybe that topic is taking over your online life... At least on this board.

To each his own as to what they enjoy. When I hear of a grown man or woman in their 40's or 50's who lives their life totally as a baby, toddler or single didget age person 24/7/365 then I say the fetish has totally taken over their life. Yes, there are people like that here and there who wear diapers all the time, wet and poop them, do not hold a job, have someone to take care of them, feed them, always change their diapers for them and they always act their fantasy age. They don't drive or do anything that is over their prefered age. That is, of course, until they go on line on these sites and post about it! That said, I could never ever do anything like that! There are too many cool adult things to see and do out there as opposed to spending your whole life as a baby, toddler or little kid! Yes, for some people it can very definatly take over their lives!

Diapers, just like any interest, desire, fetish, etc... can take over anyone's life...

if you prefer to spend all your time in a room reading... never going out, never talking with others, or when you do, ALL you talk about are your books, and you cannot go out without a book....

if you play a video game all day every day, not getting up to eat, not socializing with hyour friends, outside of playing the game with them, forgetting to shower, or brush your teeth or change your clothes..

if you cannot function without drinking, if all you think about is your next drink, how to get money to buy your next drink, your friends stop hanging out with you because you are always drunk..

if you constantly think day in and day out about diapers, how you are going to get more diapers, when you can wear diapers, agonizing over telling your friends and family, or if you already have, constantly talking about it over and over,

anything can take over ones life..... diapers and/or being an ab is just another one of those things....

When they are all that you think about even small things like hearing a diaper crinkle or thinking about diapers makes you feel like crawling on the floor and wetting yourself then it's gone too far thankfully I have not reached that point yet thank God thank god I feel bad if it does should happen I don't want loss of what adult indepadence I have.

I have never had a social life so diapers cannot take over something I do not have.

I go to work. I go home. I go to work again. I go home again.

I go to school. I go home. I go to school. I go home.

^This is my 'life' also^ and it has nothing to do with diapers really, but the way i was treated when I was a kid going to school and such. I learned at an early age that in general, people are nasty and abusive creatures and the world in general isn't a nice, fun or safe place to be, so I do what I have to do and go home again, where I feel safe and somewhat secure. I don't date as that has been a low priority, and why would I risk going out to the nasty world and endanger myself to the nasty people again?? it just isn't worth it. So I stay home, and play or what ever. Screw the world! :P

As for diapers taking over my life, I, like Kari find that there mush be a balance in all things. So, for the diaper thing, even though I have been a D/L since age 6, I only 'indulge' when needed. I don't wear 24/7, unless I feel the need. But even then I can only go 3-4 days before I get tired of it and the "urge" has been exhausted. It comes and goes like a tide, so i do other things, and have other hobbies and 'fascinations' I pursue.

Finding balance is the key to most anything. I know that staying home most of the time isn't a balance, but I don;t really have any other desire to go out and do anything socially. I go shopping...and to club and organization functions. I go to hobby shops when I need something, or just happen to be close by one :blush: etc.

But thats about it. I have my diaper stash, I can pick and choose what brands to wear and when, it's not a big deal. letting some 'material thing' take over and run your life is a poor choice and one needs to be aware of it, and find adequate substitutions in order to attain the required balance. The same goes for alcohol or drugs or sex or most anything else....balance balance, balance. I try to do things to be more social, but sometimes I meet with some negative or nasty person and it all comes back. I know it's not my fault that people are nasty or destructive or hurtful....but it still hurts. I'm learning that I can over come negative stuff by distancing myself and knowing the issue isn't mine or caused by me, it's just someone else who's life is out of balance and they don't have the tools or skills or maybe even courage to do something about it, instead of lashing out or being destructive and hurtful.

Balance is the key, find tha in all things and you will find great improvement in life in general :)