LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rent To Own Rims

DailyDi

Seriously? There was a traffic jam in my neighborhood today becuase a Rent-to-own Rim store opened up and there was a line of shitbox car drivers trying to get a spot in their lot.

Really? So now every '82 Honda in the neighborhood will have 20" rims that cost more than the car? How about a rent-to-own muffler store so I can get some sleep... or a rent-to-own breaklight-that-wasn't-previously-a-breadbag store?

I can't really talk as I waste my money on historic diapers and Snapple, but come on! Is this really the best use of lower-middle-income people's money?

Although... my Suzuki would look awesome with a set of these:

black-rims-5-300x300.jpg

P.S. Forgive typoos, little dizzy tonight so in bed on my laptop.

• Like 1

yup! theres some friggin' class! Shitbox cars with mega buck wheel tire combos! like that really says something about the owners priorities :P Being a car guy, this kind of thing busts me up. If you are going to blow that kind of cash....why not do so on a better vehicle! You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.......though it seems that people keep trying :screwy:

yup! theres some friggin' class! Shitbox cars with mega buck wheel tire combos! like that really says something about the owners priorities :P Bing a car guy, this kind of thing busts me up. If you are going to blow that kind of cash....why not do so on a better vehicle! Youcan't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.......though it seems that people keep trying :screwy:

i know the types your talking about.......

usually minorities, and those who want to be "hood style"

lets put $5,000 rims on a car with no insurance thats 20 years old, all while rolling up to the GA building... to collect our unemployment/welfare going back home and screaming at mom cuz she didn't tell me My PO was trying to get ahold of me.... lol

NOTE: I said 'Usually Minorities....... not "ALL" minorites..... so this post wasn't meant to offend.

I have seen white folks to.... driving souped up cards with the wrong kind of enhancements :P

• Like 1

NOTE: I said 'Usually Minorities....... not "ALL" minorites..... so this post wasn't meant to offend.

I have seen white folks to.... driving souped up cards with the wrong kind of enhancements :P

Its funny around me its only crazy little white teenagers doing this. But I can't say it matters about the race, color, or creed. But I can agree with most of this post. I have one of those rent to own rim stores around me and I just laughed my ass off about it. What's funny is I have a friend who was gonna do the rent to own rim thing and then a month later lost his license and got his truck repoed and is still without both!! :lol: He's one of those with no priorities.

Nothing's more funny than going through 'the hood' and seeing all the cars that had to get jacked-up suspensions to fit the +4's sitting on blocks because they didn't pay the rent :roflmao: Unless perhaps it's a jacked-up car being driven on mismatched tires and stock wheels from the junkyard because they sold the stock ones to rent the ones they wanted but couldn't afford to buy :whistling: These are the same people who spend the rent money on mega-watt car stereos, designer pants that hang off their butts, and tennis shoes that cost a weeks welfare money- all in hopes that people would notice them and be awed ^_^ Nothing pisses them off better than refusing to look at them or acknowledge them in any way- which is what I do :ninja:

Act like a person and you get my respect B) Act like a fool and get treated like who you are :D I believe in what Dr. King said about the content of a person's character being what we should judge a person by- and when you make yourself a foolish idiot you're going to get what you're really asking for from me :glare: Want my awed attention? Impress me with what you're made of- I can overlook the rest B)

Bettypooh

Seriously? There was a traffic jam in my neighborhood today becuase a Rent-to-own Rim store opened up and there was a line of shitbox car drivers trying to get a spot in their lot.

Really? So now every '82 Honda in the neighborhood will have 20" rims that cost more than the car? How about a rent-to-own muffler store so I can get some sleep... or a rent-to-own breaklight-that-wasn't-previously-a-breadbag store?

I can't really talk as I waste my money on historic diapers and Snapple, but come on! Is this really the best use of lower-middle-income people's money?

Although... my Suzuki would look awesome with a set of these:

black-rims-5-300x300.jpg

P.S. Forgive typoos, little dizzy tonight so in bed on my laptop.

my take on this is why would I spend money for wheels, while driving I do not get any enjoyment of looking at them. If someone wants to look at fancy wheels on my car they can buy them for me.

Sucker born every minute.

If you paid more for your rims and stereo than you did for the rest of the car, you need to have your head examined.

Amen!

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

These are the same people who spend the rent money on mega-watt car stereos, designer pants that hang off their butts, and tennis shoes that cost a weeks welfare money- all in hopes that people would notice them and be awed ^_^

Well said, but you forgot large flatscreen TVs, game consoles, and camcorders!

All of which are apparently more important that food... to some people. :screwy:

• Like 1

Do the owners know the demographic that they attract? Do they know that they most likely will not get payment or their product returned? Is this not exactly what the banks did with lending too much money?

Rent to own rims :huh: you have got to be kidding!

First of all, you're gonna pay 4 times what they're worth. Secondly I agree with DD, why the heck would you put something like that on your car that is worth more than the car :huh:

Thirdly, and this is just my opinion, tricked out rims are the dumbest thing you could ever spend your money on anyways. I could care less what the rims on my car look like. They serve a function... put a tire on it and let me roll down the road.

If I have 5 grand, I'd pay off my car loan (year and a half left on it) or get some heat in my house as I actually ran out of heat last thursday *shivers*

rent to own rims :rolleyes:

~lilme

• Like 1

Sucker born every minute.

If you paid more for your rims and stereo than you did for the rest of the car, you need to have your head examined.

Not always a true statement, I had a '52 Buick that I paid twice as much for the wide white walls and chrome moon wheels than the whole car.

The problem is not that people's priorities are messed up. They may be, but what irresponsible company or business would market a product to encourage that irresponsibility?

Well, yeah, you do have billion dollar bank bailouts and billion dollar investment house bailouts as a guide, which the US taxpayer is footing the bill for. And lets not forget those poor auto manufacturers who threatened to lay people off if they didn't get their shake down from Uncle Sam....wait, they did lay people off. nvm.

The real problem, in any event, is that most people have more bills than income coming in, even if you strip out all of the "extras" people spend their money on. The only way to survive that scenario is to pretend you can support a lifestyle on credit, and hope that later you will be able to pay back the piper. Of course, if everybody does this, and you throw in a few greedy banks, investors, and real estate tycoons, you wind up with a nice old-fassioned game of dominos. The people at the top can always find a clever way out. Ask the homeless person on the street what he is supposed to do when an investor, whom the homeowner has never met before, calls the bank wanting immediate repayment for his investment dollars when he figures the money tree is about to dry up. Then ask the bank executive why the bank failed. Then ask Uncle Sam why he let it all happen, and is turning a blind eye as it is happening AGAIN.

Don't you just love capitalism, a game where it is so easy to blame poor people for problems specifically created by the wealthy? You know, if people didn't have to commit crime to put food, clothing, heat, and shelter on the table, maybe, just maybe, their jobs would pay them enough money to be able to afford those crazy rims. In that case, more power to them. In the mean time, I am not going to blame the victim for problems well being any person's ability to control or influence their economic status when they are beholden, literally, to economic powers far more wealthy and powerful than they are.

usually minorities, and those who want to be "hood style"

lets put $5,000 rims on a car with no insurance thats 20 years old, all while rolling up to the GA building... to collect our unemployment/welfare going back home and screaming at mom cuz she didn't tell me My PO was trying to get ahold of me.... lol

I do find this a little offensive. I'm not in that minority, but in the one that thinks maybe socio-economics has more to do with it than race... and the one that thinks that pinning it on race - even when you say its not meant to offend - is in fact offensive.

This is one of the most racist and bigoted posts I have ever seen on DD, I wish I could unread it

This has nothing to do with race, it';s more an illustration of the stupidity of people in the silly pursuit of "status symbols", which those fancy rims and tires all represent. It's no different than someone buying (financing) a BMW or Mercedes, when they really can't afford it. Sure they might be nice cars and such, but, what most people forget to figure in is the cost of REPAIRS. To me. status symbols are a true waste of money and really mean nothing. People who have limited income, yet feel they absolutely HAVE TO HAVE a set of snazzy wheels on their car, really have screwed up priorities. If you think you have to finance a set of expensive, meaningless rims....why not stop and think about taking those funds and sticking them in the bank and investing instead, which increases yor monthly income. THEN, you can go out and buy what ever "bling" you want with the proceeds from the investment :P.

People, in general just don't get it. One of the 'rules' for success and security (IE wealth building) is you have to build a financial base under yourself FIRST before you go off to do anything else, like buying a house or a new car (or wasting money you don't have on fancy rims that accomplish nothing and mighyt end up getting stolen :P ) put it in the bank, save up....stick with the essentials, THEN you can go for a few luxuries.

This rent to own BS is the same thing that people were doing with the "Zero down" financing that was being used for people to 'buy' homes....They were 'loans' that were fixed for the first 5 years, then switched to adjustable after that. They then went on to abuse and screw up. The mortgages adjusted, the principle on the property hadn't been paid down, and the owners couldn't pay the increase in the loan....and walked away from the property, or got forclosed on. :screwy:

People in general don't have any kind of knowledge or experience or education in financing....and it shows very badly. Thats why companies like the "rent to own rims" and 'paycheck advance" (check into cash) etc exist...because of peoples lack of knowledge in financing / money management and general ignorance.

People think that they have a job, and thats all they get...or need. Rather then live reasonably, (IE Below their income) and save & invest to build that financial base and improve their means, they blow what ever little amount that they do have left over from their paycheck and never really get ahead. Companies like this don't help the situation, and people fall into the trap all to easily...and it's a sad commentary on our economy and nation as a whole. Americans are lousy savers, and poor roll models for prosperity. It's all about borrowing and financing and spending before you earn it.

I think I'll look into a rent to own rim store...if they are as popular as implied, I can make a fortune off all this stupidity! Thats how people get rich to begin with :P

A saying I came up with, from personal experience in my family:

"Save and invest so you can have what you want

if you spend and waste, you end up wanting what everyone else has"

Think about it