LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Interesting Discovery

RMS401

Every so often, while wetting my beloved Tena Stretch Super diapers sitting down, a urine stream will travel too far and go to the side, where it creates a leak. That's no fun. So I got to thinking about what I could do to keep that from happening and have come across a novel solution.

I have a stack of white washcloths in my laundry room that I use for cleaning, dusting, etc., and have found that if I wrap one around my penis and then put on the diaper, it controls the where the pee flows and keeps it in the center of the garment. So it's a stuffer, yes, and it does absorb urine--thereby extending the life of the diaper--but the main benefit to me is that it allows me to pee while sitting without worrying about those pesky side leaks.

I found that interesting. You?

-RMS

If you're one of our resident bad-vibe merchants, please simply choose the letter corresponding to the insult you'd like to hurl in response to this post:

A. DUH!!!!

B. Yay, you've discovered something I found out ____ years ago! (You moron.)

C. Yeah, and you can read all about it in the topic started in 2001 [link]

D. You need to get better diapers. The ones I wear _________ don't leak. EVER!

Very interesting, but having that soaked cloth against your "kibble and bits" could increase rash chances if you stay in a wet diaper a long time.

Well, you do have a point, but not one that I think will be a problem for me, since I never get to wear longer than about 3-4 hours at a time. Bummer.

-RMS

Well, you do have a point, but not one that I think will be a problem for me, since I never get to wear longer than about 3-4 hours at a time. Bummer.

-RMS

Is it that you never wear for longer than 3-4 hours, or that something prevents you from wearing longer other than yourself? :angel_not: Wearing discreetly is easier than you might think but many people just can't seem to get past that psychological hurdle :( and many just don't want to -_- which is OK too B) Just saying that you too can be 24/7 without anyone knowing (excep't maybe your hairdresser) :P Once you find this out for yourself on a personal level, life feels much nicer more often :D

Bettypooh

Oh, Betty honey, I wish I could wear whenever I wanted, but I'm in the same position so many men are in: I have a wife who wants nothing to do with my diapers. Saturday and Sunday mornings are the ONLY times I get to wear, since she sleeps in. These precious few hours are what I look forward to every day of my work week, and they come all too slowly for me.

-RMS

Interesting. I have had that problem with every diaper I've ever used if I "let 'er flow!" Perhaps any cloth that can divert a stream to soak would suffice. I've often though a slit in the front of a diaper that puts the stream between the padding and the top sheet would produce more effective absorption without any downside as long as the SAP is not directly in contact with the top sheet.

I've been wearing diapers backwards about half the time for similar reasons. A guy doesn't use the back of the diaper unless he is laying on his back and pointing down.

It's been a few months since I wore a Tena Super. However, as I recall, the product does not have standing leak guards. Although the main function of leak guards is to contain faeces, they also help prevent leaks of the kind you describe. So I recommend that you try a diaper with leakmguards, such as the Abena X-Plus or Bambino.

It's been a few months since I wore a Tena Super. However, as I recall, the product does not have standing leak guards. Although the main function of leak guards is to contain faeces, they also help prevent leaks of the kind you describe. So I recommend that you try a diaper with leakmguards, such as the Abena X-Plus or Bambino.

So your choice would be "D." Thank you.

But even though the Tenas don't have standing leak guards, I really like the Stretch version's belt fasteners, I like how discreet the cloth-like covering is--in case the wife comes down before I've gotten rid of the evidence--and they hold a lot. This is my favorite diaper for a variety of reasons.

-RMS

I virtually always use boost pads in the crotch area, and a cloth baby diaper front and back, which overlaps in the crotch for even MORE absorption. And, there's the ever present TWO pair of plastic pants for additional leakproofing. As the cloth diapers absorb, they wick wetness to all parts of the disposable. And, even a slow-absorbing Molicare or Abena Abriform X-Plus can be fully used up this way, over a LONG period of time. Even a "package" of this sort can be worn pretty discreetly without too much "bulge" depending upon the outer clothing you wear. If you're gonna wear skin-tight clothes, the diapers may be more obvious, but the use of a onesie can help smooth things out, overall. So, "B" would be MY answer... :)

I virtually always use boost pads in the crotch area, and a cloth baby diaper front and back, which overlaps in the crotch for even MORE absorption. And, there's the ever present TWO pair of plastic pants for additional leakproofing. As the cloth diapers absorb, they wick wetness to all parts of the disposable. And, even a slow-absorbing Molicare or Abena Abriform X-Plus can be fully used up this way, over a LONG period of time. Even a "package" of this sort can be worn pretty discreetly without too much "bulge" depending upon the outer clothing you wear. If you're gonna wear skin-tight clothes, the diapers may be more obvious, but the use of a onesie can help smooth things out, overall. So, "B" would be MY answer... :)

Hi, TCC. Sounds like you've got a pretty interesting (and nearly leak-proof) system there. But what I discovered is different from what you're doing. The main benefit to using a washcloth over the penis is that it keeps the stream from going where it shouldn't and keeps it channeled in the center of the diaper.

That's what I got out of this.

-RMS

I was doing something like this when I used to wear depends over nights. I'd just take a kids prefold diaper and put it in front, folded in 1/3's and it worked very well. The cloth absorbs a lot, but also passes wetness through to the disposable layers slowly, so it can do it's job. The cloth allows heavy wetness to soak in slower, avoiding leaks, and also helps spread the wetness to dryer parts of the diaper, so you don't end up with a puddle.

I like using this, as it helps prevent leaks and use more of the diaper i am wearing, plus its cloth :wub: so I get some of that in as well ;)

disposables leak because they get saturated in one spot, or in case of a flood, they cannot process the amount of wetness (or the volume of the 'insult' ) being released fast enough. I have had this happen several times in non-extended wear products.

Now with brands like Abena X or a dry 24/7 or molicare super plus, you can pee your brains out the first time and they really don't care :P I have done this also, completely flooding uncontrollably non stop in these and it's like nothing happened. No leaks nothing, they just soak it all up and ask for more :P which is why I really like extended wear disposables. The down side is they are more bulky, but hey, thats the price you pay for security....and no leaks during 'accidents'.

Otherwise, if you wear a thinnner product, avoid floods, and dribble more and control the flow. Don't allow yourself to 'fill up' just let it go as needed and I believe you will have fewer leaks, much less leaking out the sides too :P

• 2 weeks later...

Every so often, while wetting my beloved Tena Stretch Super diapers sitting down, a urine stream will travel too far and go to the side, where it creates a leak. That's no fun. So I got to thinking about what I could do to keep that from happening and have come across a novel solution.

I have a stack of white washcloths in my laundry room that I use for cleaning, dusting, etc., and have found that if I wrap one around my penis and then put on the diaper, it controls the where the pee flows and keeps it in the center of the garment. So it's a stuffer, yes, and it does absorb urine--thereby extending the life of the diaper--but the main benefit to me is that it allows me to pee while sitting without worrying about those pesky side leaks.

I found that interesting. You?

-RMS

If you're one of our resident bad-vibe merchants, please simply choose the letter corresponding to the insult you'd like to hurl in response to this post:

A. DUH!!!!

B. Yay, you've discovered something I found out ____ years ago! (You moron.)

C. Yeah, and you can read all about it in the topic started in 2001 [link]

D. You need to get better diapers. The ones I wear _________ don't leak. EVER!

I've had the same problem, and a similar solution!

I have a bunch (and I mean a bunch!) of microfiber detail cloths I got at Sam's club, I got 2 packs of 25 for $11.00 each. (Don't know why I bought so many) :screwy:

But they're super duper absorbent, feel nice when wet OR dry, and stay warm when they do get wet!

I'm going to try and teach myself how to sew my own diapers and undies, and you can bet I'll figure out a way to incorporate them into my creations in such a way to prevent those types of leaks from happening.

Anybody know a good patent attorney? :D

Someone made a good point about using a diaper with standing leg cuffs. Abena has a fairly full product line with some cloth like outer sheets that are discreet, and some are thin enough to conceal underneath moderate to tight fitting clothing.

Having kibbles and bits (block and tackle, pickle and olives, ect.) is always an issue when wetting. I like to be pointed down when I flood, but that is not comfortable for me; having my beans and wiener shoved beteween my legs all the time. I like to keep the fly and rod up front and out of the way. And I agree, the back of the diaper doesn't get used that much.

Your idea of using a cloth is interesting, however I don't like the idea of having a urine soaked rag wrapped around my north pole. I don't like the idea of urine sitting against my skin period. It tends to soak into the pores, and even after a shower you still smell.