LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Is It About Diapers?

So I recently told my girlfriend that I'm into diapers. Being into some other fetishes, she was completely accepting of it. However, she doesn't understand WHAT exactly I like about diapers, and to be honest, I'm not quite sure how to explain it. She wants to understand better because she knows it's part of who I am, but sexually they do "nothing for her" and she doesn't see why they turn me on. So I turn to you, DailyDiapers community, with the question of what is it exactly about diapers that we like so much. Keep in mind that I'm not much of a regressionist, so I'm looking for more reasons pertaining to the actual diapers. Any input would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

• Like 1

wait we have to answer what you like about diapers? You can ask 100 of us and get 100 different answers.

The question is what do you like about them. You are the only one who can answer that.

I can't even define it myself, I have had a diaper fetish almost since I have been out of them. For me diapers are just a part of me. I am almost in shock when others aren't into diapers. I get it and know I am in the minority, but love of diapers and desire for women in diapers is just me. In unexplainable undefinable part of my life.

• Like 1

its true that we cannot answer why YOU yourself finds diapers attractive.

but maybe some insight can help you develop your own ideas.

so to start out many people believe that sexual fetishism is affected by early childhood, as Freud believed that your sexuality is defined when youre a child (right? xD)

when asked i think most abdl's responded that they were adopted, maybe thats a reason.

another idea is that we are all born with a sexual identity map in our brains, so we are all predetermined to like what we like. when we reach the age where our sexuality begins to grow, it lights up the map in your brain, and whatever you were given when you were born on your sexual map.

i like to think its the combination of the two.

and that yeah i like diapers. thats me and its who i am. others like to get foot massages. so meh. it could be worse and im happy. :]

the ideas are limitless! so go forth and make your own conclusions :D

As Others have Said before me, ultimately "What it is about Diapers" Varies & Depends (pun intended):P on each individual person. Every one of us will probably give you a different Answer. For me Personally its a Calming, Comforting & Relaxation thing. So really more than anything, it is about your own personal Journey, & what they are & what they are about for You. Good Luck & I hope this Helps,

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

I agree that everyone ultimately has different reasons.

For myself, I know it wasn't just bed wetting that got me to be a DL.

That's because I remember being aroused while diapered as a toddler.

That doesn't mean it's all sexual for me every time either.

Many times, it's to do with a safe and secure feeling diapers bring me, then and now.

I've questioned if I was sexually abused as a baby.

Even though I have my suspicions and "gut feelings",

I will never be able to prove that.

But it could be that as well as the humiliation during my bed wetting years.

Some adults may be this way because growing up,

They were jealous of a younger sibling getting more attention while being diapered.

Examine your own past and maybe you will get closer to a theory.

But if you never find out, don't worry.

Enjoy it for what it's worth and keep it BALANCED in your life.

Best of luck to you!

There are a mountain of potential psychological connections that could be made with diapers. I, for example, don't as much associate with the diaper itself, but rather the diaper being a symbol of extreme humiliation from my past, which triggers my already intense sexual response to submission. Hence, my ageplay with my wife is more a form of soft B&D, where the "child" in the submissive role is actually too old to wear diapers, and is being forced to as a form of punishment for some perceived misbehavior.

You may have a completely different set of triggers involved. It might require some significant digging in your memory banks to figure out where there might be connections, but first you have to figure out WHAT exactly about it is a turn-on. To this end, I suggest surfing some DL-related video material online and see what evokes a response. There is a small amount of heavily censored stuff available on YT, and a similar amount of uncensored roleplay available on dprtube, though you have to sift through a lot of (literal) crap to get to it.

Sometimes life doesn't give you an explanation :whistling: Why do so many people like chocolate? I dunno, we just do :lol: Why do I like diapers? Partly due to need, partly because they offer security from wet pants, partly because they let me relax my bladder (which otherwise gets an Olympic-sized workout every day :o ), and partly because they're an intimately naughty secret :P All that together adds up to maybe 5% of what I feel wearing diapers- the rest eludes me and that doesn't bother me at all B)If you want your own answers look for them. If they're not forthcoming don't worry- that's just life so don't waste time worrying. Spend your 'worry' time enjoying your life instead :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

1. The comfort factor. When you're wearing a diaper, you feel safe, protected and most of all, relaxed. This lets you enjoy sex more.

2. The playfulness factor. When you're wearing a diaper, you feel playful and carefree. This translates into a more fun sexual experience.

3. The dom/sub factor. Diaper-play and ageplay introduces a dominant/submissive dynamic to sex which can be fun.

4. The diaper itself - the fabric, the sound, the feel - it reminds you of a deep sense of calm and peace.

Hope this helps!

This post says it best. I'd like to add that it's the best comfort we remember from our childhood combined with the sexual feelings we now experience as adults. Put the two feelings together, and WOW!

You probably won't be able to explain your feelings about diapers to a female. They don't look at things from a male perspective. It comes from the fact that women have probably actually changed diapers, and it isn't glamorous, comforting, or sexual for them. Unless a man has a child of his own, he is not trusted to change other people's babies' diapers. I guess reverse chauvinism is good for something. I know it is generalizing, but I've never been asked to babysit for a child that wears diapers. (Not that I'd really want to, but it isn't nice to be mistrusted simply because of one's gender).

I can't tell what YOU like about them, but I can tell you what I like about them.

1) Look, the bulk and babyish look of a diaper that fits me properly, yet looking like a baby at the same time. Like the bulge look when soaked.

2)Comfort and Feel. Feel good, like the heaviness when wet. I'm comfortable and padded.

3)Sexual for me at some level, but mostly lets me regress back and enjoy a scene or lifestyle no1 else around me is participating in.

4)That its legal, not harmful to anyone, and the price is reasonable for me. (I'll pay 15.00 for Depends and suffer a few leaks)

Its impossible to fully explain why I feel the need to wear diapers. I can say that it started at a young age with the desire to return to diapers due to bedwetting. As I grew and got older the feelings changed and I associated diaper wearing with puberty and a healthy sexual appetite. I couldn't say where the association with diapers and sex came from but it is there and I enjoy exploring it.

People are different. That is what makes up the spice of life. Everyone has their own road to travel down and although we might share the same interests it would be a shame if we all got the exact same thing out of our experiences.....

wait we have to answer what you like about diapers? You can ask 100 of us and get 100 different answers.

The question is what do you like about them. You are the only one who can answer that.

I can't even define it myself, I have had a diaper fetish almost since I have been out of them. For me diapers are just a part of me. I am almost in shock when others aren't into diapers. I get it and know I am in the minority, but love of diapers and desire for women in diapers is just me. In unexplainable undefinable part of my life.

:grin: What do you mean, you'll only get 100 different answers from 100 people if you ask that question...I've got at least two myself....

And for me, the reaction is highly contextual....there was no turn-on at all when my dad was in a coma, in bed, in a diaper...

You will have to answer the question about exactly what turns you on yourself, it's a matter of paying attention as you do what you like to do, as you try things on for size. As for why, well, my guess is that someone diapering you as a child is an act of love, and you remember that on an emotional level, like a flashback, except it's a positive flashback...especially if diapers were suddenly withdrawn...but this argument is only important if you and I both have a nice beer in hand and feel like a friendly little disagreement. In the mean time, you like what you like, relax, don't worry about it....and you can see if you like some of the other variants that others mention here.

Some fetish stuff leaves me flat, other stuff excited...its just who I am, no further explanation required...

1. The comfort factor. When you're wearing a diaper, you feel safe, protected and most of all, relaxed. This lets you enjoy sex more.

2. The playfulness factor. When you're wearing a diaper, you feel playful and carefree. This translates into a more fun sexual experience.

3. The dom/sub factor. Diaper-play and ageplay introduces a dominant/submissive dynamic to sex which can be fun.

4. The diaper itself - the fabric, the sound, the feel - it reminds you of a deep sense of calm and peace.

Hope this helps!

First, welcome back bro. Secondly, I agree with his assertion completely.

For me, it is the smooth feel of the plastic between my legs. The thickness of the diaper. The warmth of the diaper both dry and wet. The humiliation of being in them. The comfort and security of being in a diaper. The crinkle as I walk.

You probably won't be able to explain your feelings about diapers to a female. They don't look at things from a male perspective. It comes from the fact that women have probably actually changed diapers, and it isn't glamorous, comforting, or sexual for them. Unless a man has a child of his own, he is not trusted to change other people's babies' diapers. I guess reverse chauvinism is good for something. I know it is generalizing, but I've never been asked to babysit for a child that wears diapers. (Not that I'd really want to, but it isn't nice to be mistrusted simply because of one's gender).

Well, FWIW, I've had a kid, and I've been hit by the butt cannon while changing him at that age, and it didn't affect this component of me a bit.

Its an important question. True, human sexuality is very complex and there are many factors with any form of sexual attraction- both physical and psychological. Heck, people are still debating what it is that makes some people gay and thats almost 10 percent of the population!

But still, I think its bad to dismiss this question by saying "I dunno why I like em', I just do! Who cares why?" Gaining knowledge about who you are and why you desire the things you do is very important. KNOW THY SELF- its an important lesson to follow. Its crucial to have at least some kind of vague, informative explanation for the AB/DL community to gain acceptance from others - because this fetish/lifestyle is nothing short of SHOCKING to people who haven't heard of it and know little about sexual kinks and sexual fetishes. When most people, even open minded people, encounter something strange and shocking that they've never heard of and know nothing about, they feel fearful and uncomfortable. Its just human nature. And saying to our loved ones and our partners "I dunno WHY! I just do! Who cares?" is insensitive to them because they really want to gain information and knowledge. And when we deny them that, either because we ourselves don't know or simply because we don't care, we push them away and force them to accept and deal with something they cannot understand and know nothing about. Thats not fair to them. I'm not suggesting that every AB/DL should have an in depth psychological explanation ready to go at a moment's notice... but everyone should take an interest in WHO they are, as a person, and what they desire in life. Know thy self.

On that note, I myself have wondered many times about WHY I have the desires that I do. I have a few thoughts on the question of "What is it about DIAPERS??" - Perhaps this might help to explain things to your girlfriend.

First off, they are comfortable. They feel soft, and with powder or baby oil, they can often become even more comfortable. A padded rear end is like sitting on a pillow no matter where you sit down in a room. And soft material feels good on everyone's genitals. This is why women wear satin panties. This is why men wear silk boxers. Yet those who do so are not considered perverts even though they are wearing a very soft, comfortable piece of material under their clothes that they know stimulates their genitals. ALSO, its important to note that the vast majority of AB/DLs are MEN. Men have their sexual organs on the outside of their body- meaning a great deal of our arousal depends on the stimulation of our genitals. Diapers, or any soft garment, stimulates.

Second, there is something to be said about the thick padding that we all like in diapers. Its arousing and soft, yet when you are taped up, you are confined. Your genitals, and your own contact with them, is separated from you by a lot of thick padding. In some ways, it could be seen as a form of bondage. Why do people ENJOY the concept of bondage during sex? Because the lack of control serves to heighten sexual tension. Some men and women enjoy being handcuffed to the bed. Being unable to use their hands, and being totally restrained in that regard, serves to heighten sexual tension. Now imagine "handcuffing" your genitals- that is to say, putting your genitals in a warm soft comfortable garment- yet being restrained, unable to have the immediate access to them that a thin pair of boxer shorts would provide. This heightens sexual tension greatly... especially if you are lucky enough to be wearing a diaper around an attractive, trusted female whom you are sexually attracted to. The diaper may be on for a while. Your genitals may be restrained. You may be unable to do much more than grab yourself through the thick padding.... but when that diaper finally gets taken off- the sexual release is heightened- it becomes something that feels so good precisely because you kept yourself in suspense for so long- precisely because you restrained yourself for so long heightening the sexual tension- pushing it higher and higher until finally you enjoyed a sweet release. This argument would make sense not most people outside the AB/DL community. You may not find many girls who are aroused by a man in a diaper- but there are plenty that would be open to the idea of using a pair of fuzzy handcuffs in the bedroom. Yet both of these kinky, sexual scenarios involve using some kind of bondage or restraint to heighten sexual tension- so it can be released later.

Im not too certain what ABs get out of dressing up like a baby. Thats really not my thing. But, again, its important to note the large number of men who have this sexual fetish. Why so many men who are AB/DLs and far fewer women? One reason may be the fact that society puts a great deal of pressure on men to act manly. (Just as society puts pressure on a women to be attractive) We feel like we must be acting masculine at all times, especially around attractive females- we must always be the assertive, strong willed, lumberjack ready to sweep a women off her feet. And most men like being masculine (to some degree anyway) but the fact is that its a lot of pressure to put on a man. Sometimes, even the really manly guys need a break. They need to step out of their role as the dominant man and take a vacation from all that responsibility- they want someone else, like a trusted lover, who is occasionally willing to take on the more dominant role. Why? So the man can experience something new. Something relaxing. Something that, for one moment, takes all the pressure off of HIM to be the strong and assertive one. Some men are so desperate to achieve this, they resort to extreme measures. Say what you want about wearing an adult diaper or dressing up like a baby and being treated like one... it definitely takes anyone out of the dominant, strong, assertive role. It allows men (and some women too) to feel vulnerable... yet do so in front of a trusted lover free from the real world consequences of such extreme behavior. Its an escape from everyday life and everyday responsibilities. And everyone wants that from time to time.

Even the most masculine men would LOVE to get involved at least once with an assertive, sexually aggressive women, who takes control and puts far less responsibility on THEM in the bedroom. Myself? I like to be strong and assertive 80-90 percent of the time. But once and a while, I like to diaper up and feel a little vulnerable- like the weight of the world and the responsibility of being the ultimate lover doesn't rest solely on my shoulders.

And what about embarrassment? Why would someone be turned on by being humiliated or embarrassed? Because the feeling of our hearts pounding faster and faster and the strong rush of emotion is sensual- for just about everyone. Watch a horror movie with a girl and see how much more attracted she is to you. Go on a roller coster or walk by the edge of a huge cliff. It will produce the same exhilarating, heart pounding sensation that two lovers feel just before they make love to each other. Its about feeling excited, alive, and exhilarated.

So what do you all think? We've only scratched the surface but I think most normal, open minded people can understand these concepts. Don't you?

^ Well said.

If you want to get technical about the pleasurable feeling associated with wearing diapers, then remember this: Everyone's body is wired slightly differently. We all release various chemicals and have electrical synapses running through our brains that make our bodies respond to various stimuli--chemicals like seratonin, oxytocin, adrenaline, etc. This is one of the things that makes wearing a diaper turn some people on. It hits the "pleasure" center of the brain, just like smelling our favorite foods can make us "feel hungry." It's also the safety switch in our bodies that keeps us from danger--smelling toxic fumes or touching a hot surface that could damage our skin. Our body reacts, often involuntarily. Many times a diaper fetish is the result of a subconscious feeling we had long before we were old enough to remember thinking "this feels really good." But somehow, that sensation is stored in our brains and we've discovered a way to unlock that particular feeling.

This is why it bothers me when people think that infantilism involves children. It doesn't. Often our fondness for diapers can be traced back to a time before puberty--before diapers or other baby items became associated with sexual arousal. I like to relate it to listening to music that sounds "beautiful" and gives you a peaceful feeling when you play it. Even animals seek out things that make them feel good. Have you ever seen a cat laying in a sunny spot and basking in the warmth? If it didn't feel good or give them pleasure, they wouldn't do it.

I learned a lot about this while doing research for Bikini Twist, and what I learned was fascinating.