LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Am I The Only One Who Hates The Holidays?

Guest baby smokey

Every year it seems to be the same thing, I lose whatever crappy job I have, I struggle to survive like a refuge, and I get bombarded with images of others having a great time while I'm practically almost homeless. It seems when it comes to jobs, employers would rather flake out, and splurge their cash on junk that they are not sure if the recipient even wants, than hire a hard working employee that can make them some cash. And just to rub it in, my mom has to give me a call to ask me if I think my little brother will like a certain make and model of dirt bike for xMESS, when she can't even loan me the car for 30 minutes to take a damn license test so that I can get drivers license, and get a real job and make something of myself, yet she wants to get me a useless iPhone4 that I really don't need or want. It's almost as if the whole world has a sick sex fetish that involves watching me fail in life. I'm not referring to just this year, but every year, no matter what I do, I just get fucked over. I do my best to help people out in times of need, but when they are doing good, and I'm hurting, they don't do shit in return for me.

So, in short, BAH FUCKIN' HUMBUG!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't wait for all this bullshit to be done and over with.

I hate Xmas!!! I have felt this way my entire life, including & especially in the childhood years. It all just sucks, and so do all the idiotic retards in the world who do mistakenly enjoy the holidays. Sorry to anyone offended by my rant, but with all due respect, I just don't care. Fuck the world... :badmood:

Guest diaperboykcmo

Every year it seems to be the same thing, I lose whatever crappy job I have, I struggle to survive like a refuge, and I get bombarded with images of others having a great time while I'm practically almost homeless. It seems when it comes to jobs, employers would rather flake out, and splurge their cash on junk that they are not sure if the recipient even wants, than hire a hard working employee that can make them some cash. And just to rub it in, my mom has to give me a call to ask me if I think my little brother will like a certain make and model of dirt bike for xMESS, when she can't even loan me the car for 30 minutes to take a damn license test so that I can get drivers license, and get a real job and make something of myself, yet she wants to get me a useless iPhone4 that I really don't need or want. It's almost as if the whole world has a sick sex fetish that involves watching me fail in life. I'm not referring to just this year, but every year, no matter what I do, I just get fucked over. I do my best to help people out in times of need, but when they are doing good, and I'm hurting, they don't do shit in return for me.

So, in short, BAH FUCKIN' HUMBUG!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't wait for all this bullshit to be done and over with.

I'm with you bro!

Well then Happy Grinchmas to ya :P

Just kidding ;) Somewhere around 30 I told everyone not to get me anything for Christmas without asking me first. Somewhere around 5 years later it began sinking in on them ^_^ Now when asked what I want for Christmas I say " the winning lottery numbers- I don't need anything else" :lol: The effect is that I don't get anything- but that's what I really want so I'm happy now :D

Too many (read most) people can't see that Christmas means nothing to me beyond getting to be with as much of the family as we can get together. I like that part a lot- they can keep the rest- but they just won't do that :angry2:

So, sad to say, we're stuck :( Might as well make the best of it where and when you can- that's about all you can do when you don't like the party but can't leave it :angel_not:

Bettypooh

clearly you are not...

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=25265

but please don't forget while many people enjoy getting gifts, just as many people enjoy GIVING gifts, and they like buying for the ones they love and surprisng them....

I'm like that.. course i like getting gifts, but my favourite part of the holidays is shopping for other people, even if its people i don't know... every year at work we do the adopt a family, and i just love shopping knowing that i'm in some waht helping kids have the type of christmas i always had... waking up and KNOWING, just KNOWING that santa clause MUST be real!

• Like 1

I thought we already had a thread like this :blush:

Smokey, I'm sorry to hear your still having a hard time :( but The holidays aren't about spending and buying 'stuff'. many people have made the holidays an "materialistic' event....which is wrong. I think I have a post about what Christmas means to me and it really has nothing to do with "things" The lights and decorations are to help brighten up the cold wintery landscape. Sharing with people you care about what ever it is that you can share etc. It's about family, and friends and basically getting through the winter till spring comes and warmth returns. There are people out here who care, The holidays might suck for some, but you have to ask why. OK so your family sucks....then make your own. Surround yourself with good friends and make that your family. :D

Humbug

noun, verb, -bugged, -bug·ging, interjection

–noun

1. something intended to delude or deceive.

2. the quality of falseness or deception.

3. a person who is not what he or she claims or pretends to be; impostor.

4. something devoid of sense or meaning; nonsense: a humbug of technical jargon.

5. British . a variety of hard mint candy.

–verb (used with object)

6. to impose upon by humbug or false pretense; delude; deceive.

–verb (used without object)

7. to practice humbug.

–interjection

8. nonsense!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1730–40; orig. uncert.

—Related forms

humbugger, noun

—Synonyms

1. imposition. 2. pretense, sham. 3. pretender, deceiver, charlatan, swindler, quack, confidence man. 6. cheat, swindle, trick, fool, dupe.

I thought we already had a thread like this :blush:

Smokey, I'm sorry to hear your still having a hard time :( but The holidays aren't about spending and buying 'stuff'. many people have made the holidays an "materialistic' event....which is wrong. I think I have a post about what Christmas means to me and it really has nothing to do with "things" The lights and decorations are to help brighten up the cold wintery landscape. Sharing with people you care about what ever it is that you can share etc. It's about family, and friends and basically getting through the winter till spring comes and warmth returns. There are people out here who care, The holidays might suck for some, but you have to ask why. OK so your family sucks....then make your own. Surround yourself with good friends and make that your family. :D

Not to pick on you specifically, but you left that door open....

If the lights are to brighten up winter, why not start when winter begins and leave them going all winter- what makes the start of winter different than the middle or end? :whistling: If sharing with people is the idea and it is good, then why not do it 365 days a year? :angel_not: Getting through cold winter is no different than getting through hot summer. That's really my point. Few holidays are worth observing to me because I see things differently.

I don't wait for a holiday to give someone something they might like- I do it the next time I see them :rolleyes: I don't celebrate birthdays or anything that marks the passing of time- all time is now or the past; no future is guaranteed so you do everything now or don't do it at all :biker_h4h: I strive to get through all times because I have to. I do Christmas only because everyone around me is doing it. It makes them happy so that makes it worthwhile. My joy of giving is constant so the returns and happiness of my giving are year-long too :wub:

To care means to care always, not just at specific times. To give means to give always, not just at specific times.To honor means to honor always, not just at specific times. To celebrate someone or something is the same- you don't know for sure if they or you will be around a year later to do it. Life doesn't wait so don't wait on life. Live every day like it's Christmas and a birthday and a feast and a remembrance of something or someone special and a party. That makes every day a holiday and something special and instills the proper attitude of Bah-humbug towards those who can't grasp the idea that every day is special and that this one is the one that matters more than all the rest- no matter what the calendar tells you :thumbsup:

B(ah)ettypooh(umbug) :roflmao:

and have a Merry Christmas one day this year if you want it that way- I'm still celebrating the one from 364 days ago ;)

Smokey, I kinda know how you feel. Not to that extent, but I do. Most of my family on both sides (except my mom) is either wealthy or reasonably well off. Uncles all have big beautiful homes on property. One had 20 acres, married a lady who had 40! Dad has a mansion on the waterfront. Sister got a car for her 16th birthday. I drive a thrashed minivan from the 90's. So on and so forth.

I didn't get my license until I was 20 or so, when I finally had the money to pay for driving lessons. I recently had to withdraw my tiny college fund and spend it all, or pay $18,000 back to Social Security because my stepson gets SSI. My sister got $10,000 for her wedding present and she got divorced a year later, while we got a fricking $100 Wal-Mart card! >:(

I don't celebrate the holidays because of my faith, but I never liked them anyway. Christmas is a lie. One big giant lie. Parents teach kids not to lie, but tell them a BIG FAT MAN IN RED WILL CLIMB DOWN THEIR CHIMNEY TO GIVE THEM PRESENTS!?!?! Wouldn't it feel better to know Mommy and Daddy did it? Some people say it's about Jesus being born...HE WASN'T EVEN BORN IN THE WINTER!?! (The shepherds wouldn't have been in the fields.) Others say it's about giving and generosity...things that should be done all the time.

My wife and I are making up our own holiday, December 30th will be our Unniversary. Exactly 6 months from our Anniversary.

As a side note, Jingle Bells was written for Thanksgiving. LOL

If she wants to give you an iPhone, I say be grateful and SELL IT! :) That'll get the point across. "Mom, I don't need a techno-phone, I need CASH!"

Guest FL Diapered Redneck aka rd

I cannot stand the holiday time. I am totally sick of Christmnas music everywhere. Every fucking year the stores get on the Christmas kick earlier. Everyone has their hand out too! My wife gets up tight because of cooking and gift-giving. I could live without Christmas!

I can't say I HATE this time of year, but I don't care for it is closer to how I feel about it.

Somkey if I had all the things against me like you have going on I can see where you are coming from.

When I was younger and fell on hard times, like I seem to always have had, I probably would agree with you 100%

It wouldn't phase me a bit if they did away with Christmas and all the Merry Happy Happy that went with it.

Christmas is for the wealthy or well to do, it has nothing for the people that struggle to keep food on the table and a roof over there heads, those that have a little and just get by are deeper in debt in who's favor, you got it the rich and well to do that own all the stores.

Humbug is just a nice way of saying________you fill in the blank

at 22 my mother told me i could move back into her house while i finished my last semester of college, student teaching.... the day i came back with teh uhaul, my brother beat me up, my omother said it was my fault and i ended up sleeping on a friends bedroom floor with ad uffle bag full of all i owned, 100 miles away from 'home' with 83$ in the bank, no car, no cell phone, no place to live, no family that would talk to me, and some family who was threating to kill me.

Life pretty much sucked.

But you know what.... i did what i had to do and now 5 years later i have a great job, finished college and am in grad school, live with my boyfriend and his family, have loads of friends, and just love life.

my point is, life sucks at times.. but if all you do is spend your time thinking about how bad it is, you have no time to go out and do what has to be done...

did i want to work third shift in a factory? many nights walking three miles in february in a new england winter to get to work? hell no.

did i want to clean toilets for the same students i went to classes with, stepping in shit, cleaning junk out of sinks and showers? hell no.

did i want to work third shift stocking shelves at home depot making just minimum wage? hell no.

buuut.. i did it, cause its what i had to do... and it was all fucking worth it.!!!

so... instead of focusing on all the negative in life.... just keep plugging along, and sooner or later something good has to happen... it doesn't have to be monumental... it doesn't ahve to be earth shattering, but i find it hard to believe that someone has NOTHING positive in their life... its all about perspective... sometimes we just need to change ours.

• Like 1

....I find it hard to believe that someone has NOTHING positive in their life... its all about perspective... sometimes we just need to change ours.

This is the first step in overcoming depression :Crylol: If you don't see something good then make something good ;) It will help you get through the day :) That is how I handle these holidays- I don't like them but I accept the happiness they bring others who do- so there is good in them for me too if I see them that way B)Changing how you look at things will change how they look to you, thus changing their effect on you :rolleyes: Give yourself that chance for happiness even when you can't find it in yourself :angel_not:

Bettypooh

I am in a "people" business. The saddest thing about people and "the Holidays", even birthdays, is UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. "The Media", for many many years has portrays how "the Holidays" are supposed to be - you know, those "Norman Rockwell", "Kodak", "It's A Wonderful Life" (old movie with Jimmy Stewart), "warm, fuzzy" moments.

The reality IS that if a family is dysfuncional, "the Holiday" won't change it OR make it any different. Usually, with all the build-up and expectations, it only makes it worse. If a person really has NO or little reason to be happy - now, remember, TRUE happiness comes from WITHIN, and does NOT come from other people nor is it provided by THEM to US - "the Holiday" DO make it worse, even with a sense of dread BECAUSE of all the build-up.

I hate holidays because, for the most part, it IS a day off of work - stay in bed, sleep in, enjoy the quiet... -, my business is 24/7, and I have had to WORK on too many holidays, which then become just another day! I DO take the major holidays to go to church and thank God for His many blessings or the blessing I DO have. And, taking holidays as NOT about me, but let those who choose to go overboard, make a big deal about family and dinners and continue to have unrealistic expectations dashed, I say, for them, go for it.

Don't be too hard on the rest of the world. Just work on YOUR view of what goes on and set YOURSELF some sort of new agenda for those days and do what can please YOU while the rest of the world goes crazy and acts like idiots. Make those days YOUR day and you'll be just fine.

• Like 1

I quit celebrating Christmas and birthdays 30 years ago. I have never missed them. Why not give heartfelt gifts randomly throughout the year? There is no religious reason to celebrate Christmas. Jesus was probably born in the fall. Jews of Jesus' day didn't celebrate birthdays anyway. I get seasonal depression and during the last week I bottomed out. I can sympathize with anyone who suffers that and the "holiday" season adds to it. Now that we are getting closer to the time when the days begin to lengthen, I am feeling better again. So if Christmas brings you down, hang in there a little bit longer and the season will pass and we can begin to think about other things like SPRING!

-DR

Another year has passed and I still don't like Christmas. I still hate being expected to do certain things not because I want to but because "It's Christmas." I still hate that most of the people around me seem to judge themselves and each other on how much money they spend. I still hate that things always go wrong in December when money is tight (3 things have broken down in the past month, 2 in the 'must fix now' category, each costing over $300). I still hate family Christmas get-togethers where everybody plays jolly games of "lets discuss who's been sickest this year over dinner", "dodge the uncle nobody gets along with" and "can we leave without looking bad yet?"

Don't get me wrong. If Christmas consisted of:

• Giving a few small, well thought out gifts to people who really matter.

• A quiet, relaxing day with my wife and kids only.

• A nice roaring fire and a drink or two.

• No unwritten, unspoken obligation to follow certain traditions.

Then I'd love it. But it's going to be:

• Spending vast sums of money that we don't have on gifts for every extended relation and family friend.

• Getting up at the crack of dawn and running around like a lunatic trying to get everyone ready to leave for the in-laws house. Christmas morning on the interstate. Fan-bloody-tastic.

• Pretending to be interested in conversations with relatives you only see once a year who insist on telling you every detail of the past 364 days.

• Sneaking off to watch that Deadliest Catch marathon that a few other sensible people are watching.

• Get grumbled at for 'hiding away in here'.

• Feeling awkward about everybody making a fuss over me and my dietary restrictions despite me insisting multiple times that I'm quite capable of working out what I can and can't eat all by myself.

• Obligatory awkward present-giving session where we all try not to mention that this is the third year running that Aunty A has given Uncle B a screwdriver set and that the jumper that Grandma C gave to her daughter is about 5 sizes too large. Oh and yes, thank you, I've always wanted an electronic panini maker. Have you got the receipt, you know, in case it goes wrong?

• Leave (probably first), citing tiredness.

• Give the kids the presents we bought them. Best part of the day.

• Take kids to other relatives. More driving/playing spot the state trooper on the holiday shift.

• Get home, fall asleep. Wake up in two days. Only 363 shopping days until Christmas!

Christmas is just too much.

• Like 1

today i dropped off the gifts for our adopted family from the salvation army. we had a young mother and her 2 year old daughter. there were nine of us in hte group who adopted the family, we had soooo much fun shopping for both the little girl and the mom, then wrapping the gifts and writing from santa on them... we know they are going to be sooo surprised and that both the mom and the little girl are going to have a great christmas...

it was a good day all day at work because we had wrapped the gifts and written up the tags and stuff the stockings, and then when we went to deliver the gifts to the drop off center we were all sooo happy...

It feels great knowing that i am helping others, giving them things they couldn't afford on their own. The mom didn't ask for anything outrageous, she asked for a warm coat, toiletries, and a vacuum. she got all that and we got loads more for her.

the little girl all the mom asked for were some warm clothes and shoes and 'maybe a toy or book or two' that was it... they were not greedy they were just asking for some warm clothing...

we got them that and so much other things It makes me feel so happy and great knowing i was able to pass on some of my good luck to others who are a little down on luck. I do things like this all year round, i help out co-workers or friends i know who need some help making ends meet, or buying school supplies for their kids etc...

you don't have to just give at christmas time, but with so many churches and other organizations helping run gift giving programs, many people do, because they do not how to go about it otherwise..

sides everyone gets busy with their lives, their work etc... and we are only human.. so yes maybe we DO need a specific time of year to remind us who have more than others to share, and to help those who have less know people out there care...

• 2 months later...