LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What About The Goal Of Loosing A Little Bladder Control

Guest Diaper_24_7

Guest Diaper_24_7

I read some stories about people that are so fascinated about wearing and wetting diapers that they choose to lose a little bit of bladder control. I can imagine that wearing and wetting diapers 24/7 is very exciting. And a little bit I can understand this people because a wet diaper between the legs feels very good. All people that lost bladder control on purpose wrote that they did not regret.

This could be an indicator that it is worth trying it.

What do you think about?

I would have to agree with baby-jessy. Wearing & wetting diapers (& even messing for me) can be fun, but diapers can get expensive. Plus if you lose control, then you'd become dependent (no pun intended) on diapers. I would much rather maintain control, so I can wear & use when I can, & still have control when needed.

I'm not so sure anyone can just 'choose' to lose control. What you can do is wear frequently, if not all the time, and start allowing yourself to pee as soon as the urge starts. There has been a lot written about this, as you may realize.

It doesn't matter what others think, either. What do YOU think? As baby-jessie said, can you afford 24/7 diapers? Are you ready to carry the stuff with you that you'll need? Are you prepared for at least a few people to either find out or begin to suspect there is something going on - won't necessarily happen, but are you prepared? Think it through entirely - yes, there are people here who've adopted well to 24/7 and report how much they like it. There are also some who have said they tried but regretted it. Many who are incontinent and will tell you how much they wish they had their control back.

That isn't a yes or no, but simply a consideration for you.

One thing you could do is simply let your diaper usage creep up. How often do you wear now? Do you wear to work...out in public....around friends and family (if any of that applies to you...). Try stepping out just a little further than where you are now. See how it feels. If you wear often enough and just let things go, you'll find it gradually easier to use your diapers.

Another thing would be to commit to a trial period of 24/7 - a few days at a time - and see how it feels. Then go for a longer period of 24/7.

There is no reason to have to make a complete commitment. Give it a shot and see what it's like. If you enjoy the periods of 24/7 you've tried, then give full time a shot and see how it goes. And you can always - well, I guess almost always - just pull back and wean yourself off diapers.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Aside from what has been said already, you can train yourself to wet when wearing diapers only, I have heard of this a lot actually. Otherwise, diaperpt has detailed everything else quite well.

pt has pretty much said it all. The decision has to be yours. Some decisions are hard to reverse later so up front thinking will make it much better on you down the road.

Some 15 or so years ago, my significant other did intensive diaper training on me. After one year of that I was re-trained to require diapers. Since then it has been a 24/7 item for me. Just as food for thought, consider this: each time I travel I need an additional suitcase for the amount of disposables I require. Even with a doctor's note, the airlines do not provide a medical "no charge" for the additional luggage. If your traveling with friends or family, especially if it's a short trip, they tend to ask questions as to "why all that luggage"?

I am not complaining about what is on my plate. Just sharing reality.

If 24/7 is what your after, it certainly can be accomplished.

Alli

Guest Diaper_24_7

pt has pretty much said it all. The decision has to be yours. Some decisions are hard to reverse later so up front thinking will make it much better on you down the road.

Some 15 or so years ago, my significant other did intensive diaper training on me. After one year of that I was re-trained to require diapers. Since then it has been a 24/7 item for me. Just as food for thought, consider this: each time I travel I need an additional suitcase for the amount of disposables I require. Even with a doctor's note, the airlines do not provide a medical "no charge" for the additional luggage. If your traveling with friends or family, especially if it's a short trip, they tend to ask questions as to "why all that luggage"?

I am not complaining about what is on my plate. Just sharing reality.

If 24/7 is what your after, it certainly can be accomplished.

Alli

Do you regret because of you incontinence?

Just wait until you turn 53

also to the OP you might want to check out the incontinence desires area.. it is under the incontinence medical forum, at the top is a link for hte desire forum... there might be some answers or other infor for you there as well!

The old saying "Familiarity Breeds Contempt" springs to mind. One thing about being a DL to me is the anticipation of the times I get to put on and wear a diaper. The anticipation makes the actual event that more plesurable and enjoyable. Besides, diapers are just one small part of who I am. If I had to wear diapers 24/7 because of an actual incontinence situation, I'm sure they would soon lose their luster and I would instead be thinking of the inconvience of always having to wear a diaper, looking for a place to change before it started leaking, always having to carry diapers with me at all times. Not being able to wear a bathing suit on the beach without a diaper on undernieth, and what about if I wanted to go in swimming? The lake or pool would totally soak my diaper and then it would be useless. No, I am happy to be able to choose when I want to wear and use a diaper. Even if I wore diapers most of the time, I'm sure situations would arise when I would not want to be wearing a diaper. I have no need to lose control to enjoy wearing and using diapers.

The old saying "Familiarity Breeds Contempt" springs to mind.  One thing about being a DL to me is the anticipation of the times I get to put on and wear a diaper.  The anticipation makes the actual event that more plesurable and enjoyable.  Besides, diapers are just one small part of who I am.  If I had to wear diapers 24/7 because of an actual incontinence situation, I'm sure they would soon lose their luster and I would instead be thinking of the inconvience of always having to wear a diaper, looking for a place to change before it started leaking, always having to carry diapers with me at all times.  Not being able to wear a bathing suit on the beach without a diaper on undernieth, and what about if I wanted to go in swimming?  The lake or pool would totally soak my diaper and then it would be useless.  No, I am happy to be able to choose when I want to wear and use a diaper.  Even if I wore diapers most of the time, I'm sure situations would arise when I would not want to be wearing a diaper.  I have no need to lose control to enjoy wearing and using diapers.

Any person who is considering forcing incontinence upon themselves should consider what is in this post.

A quick run-down about my experiences ;)

A very late childhood of bed and pantswetting without anything to help me, fair control in mid-adulthood, and increasing urge and stress incontinence along with over-active bladder (lifelong that one) toward my 50's. A few years back pads became necessary some days :( Then every day :screwy: And then they weren't always enough :o In the meantime as this was happening I came to terms with being a DL B)

When I first realized and accepted that I was a DL I wanted full-time bladder incontinence- just like many do at that stage :) As need overtook want and I realized that this wasn't a dream, but real life complete with unwanted issues, my wearing just became normal. I still have some control and use the toilet when I can but leakage means diapers 24/7, want them or not :whistling: I no longer want incontinence; it has lost it's appeal. If it happens it's OK- I can handle it :angel_not: But if I could go back to not needing diapers I'd like that. I'd still be wearing most of the time but could choose when not to wear- and there is more comfort in that ability than you realize. Underwear choice is very nice but doesn't exist when you are incontinent :( And you have to be ready to take care of changes- your life becomes limited to how far you can go with the diapers you have with you or can get. Incontinence means you have no choice about keeping enough diapers handy every time you leave home period with no exceptions :crybaby:

Going on a date? Bring more diapers. Going to school? Bring more diapers. Going to work? Bring more diapers. Going away for the weekend? Bring many diapers. Get the point? And sooner or later exposure or leakage is going to out you, and you will have to deal with that too no matter who, when, or where! Does this sound like fun still?

Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it

If you want to try it, then go for it. Many have succeeded and are happy, some have succeeded and went back after finding it wasn't for them, and some have succeeded and found they were stuck with diapers and couldn't go back no matter how they tried. Any of these can be you- can you handle them all if you have to?

Bettypooh

Think Betty hit the nail on the head. Think of any situation you encounter in your daily life and think to yourself, would i want to wear diapers in this situation? If you answer no to ANY situation, don't do it! wearing often and wetting ofter are far different than wearing all the time and wetting all the time. I think the people who wear 24/7 and become incontinent 1. enjoy wearing for need(makes a wonderful excuse) and 2. have at least a little bit of humiliation fetish as well because as Bettypooh said, sometime, somewhere someone will find out