LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diapers Question

Guest Needschanging

Try http://www.angelfluff.com

I get mine from adultclothdiaper.com

I have worn cloth diapers for most of my life. I am over 50 and it always interest me when the Pampers Generation shows an interest in cloth diapers.

In my opinion, the cloth diaper expert, on this board, is angela bauer. Since you are a female, Angela could talk the female stuff with you.

any store that sells adult cloth diapers?

You can get a dozen heavyweight birdseye 36x36 cloth diapers on eBay from Granitsmith for about $30.

These will fold to fit the comfort you desire. My first dozen lasted over 5 years. Stuff with infant size

prefolds or disposables. You will need plastic pants.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

I have been looking into those. Do you need to use a couple of layers?

Not as a rule. Yes, they are single layer heavyweight cotton birdseye diapers, not somebody's idea of what a prefold diaper should be.

I stuff mine with 21x40 gauze diapers that only get softer wash after wash (also from Granitsmith----no I don't work for him, but I have ordered

and re-ordered and always gotten the finest cloth diapers.)

The 36x36 acts as the outside diaper you pin on. I have stuffed with combinations of disposables and cloth at times, as well as using two or even three layered.

The major point of cloth is that it is environmentally friendly (don't like the color GREEN in diapers) and reuseable, again and again. I do laundry anyway. Another load is no big deal.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

I have been looking into those. Do you need to use a couple of layers?

One of the great things abot cloth diapers is that yo can layer them up and make them as thick as you want or need. ACD sells day weight and night weight cloth diapers in flannel, birdseye and gauze, BUT! I checked their 'custom sized' area and they can also make what ever combination you want. I have been fixated on the 2x6x2 combination for day and what ever else use. Their night wight is 4x8x4 (those numbers mean the layers on the side, middle panel and the other side) and the sides are to bulky for pinning etc. They are heavy, yes, but I feel the bulk needs to be in the middle not on the sides....anyways, i am rambling :P

Granite smith sells a lot of interesting stuff at good prices, the 21x40 single ply diapers are handy as stuffers, properly folded, and the advantage of using them instead of a prefold is when washing, they dry a LOT faster, since they are just a single layer of fabric. Use 5-6 six at a time to make your diaper as thick as you want / need, and washing and drying is simple. My night weight prefolds take a LONG time to dry because they are 8 layers in the middle, but thaths the price I pay for what I want. I have folded diapers for a long time and L*O*V*E my prefolds :wub: simple and easy and I don't have to spend 10 minutes putting something together that I'm gonna take off in 3 hours :glare: I just pin and go, grab another and change etc.

I think you get the point....cloth is very versatile and reusable. I know this is foreign to many disposable wearers, since that what you grew up with, but it isn't anything you can't learn. Think of it as kind of like putting a puzzle together, that you can enjoy. Not thick enough?? add more or fold differently....the combinations are endless!

qwack <--- who loves his cloth diapers :D

Cloth diapers environmental friendliness is debatable. They don't go to the land fill... but you use power, water, and detergent to launder them. So it's 50/50 in my book.

You use water and energy and detergent on your regular clothes anyways......soooooooo ?

BTW, I run mine through a rinse cycle first, then wash with my other clothes, so It's no biggie for me, or I rinse them out at the same time I take a shower.

You use water and energy and detergent on your regular clothes anyways......soooooooo ?

BTW, I run mine through a rinse cycle first, then wash with my other clothes, so It's no biggie for me, or I rinse them out at the same time I take a shower.

I try to rinse mine in the shower as well... helps keep the odor from sinking in. But that is only really practical if you are wearing overnight.

You do wash your regular clothes... but how many extra loads are you having to do a month if you use cloth? I figure at least 4, one load per week. The clothes dryer is near the top of the list of energy consuming appliances in the home. You throw things in the garbage every week too... it is all about how much extra you are having b/c of the diapers. It could also be argued that we are conserving water by not using the toilet. As I said, debatable.

any store that sells adult cloth diapers?

As recently as 1992 Curity 21x40" gauze diapers were still sold in brick&mortar stores. Although marketed for babies, adults would fold several together to make very comfortable cloth diapers. Depending on shape people, such as my Mom and Granny, would sew 2 or more of those Curities together.

Once Gerber purchased the diaper gauze mills of Curity, they concentrated on making the by 1995 more popular baby prefold diapers. For adults those are useful as soakers or stuffers. Gerber baby prefolds are still sold in stores by Babies-R-Us, Toys-R-Us, Target and similar firms.

Hardly any medical supply stores stock cloth adult diapers.

I've found that the Chinese suppliers on EBAY have a very nice selection of cloth diapers. Sometimes they are poorly constructed. But for the most part they are solid and absorbent. Nice thing is cost is low, shipping is high, but all in all they are still cheaper than other suppliers. If anyone is interesed, I'll post urls of ones I've tried and like.

Wetpants

"Cloth forever....and real rubber pants"

I've found that the Chinese suppliers on EBAY have a very nice selection of cloth diapers. Sometimes they are poorly constructed. But for the most part they are solid and absorbent. Nice thing is cost is low, shipping is high, but all in all they are still cheaper than other suppliers. If anyone is interesed, I'll post urls of ones I've tried and like.

Wetpants

"Cloth forever....and real rubber pants"

Another way to go is to buy from an established on-line vendor with a reputation for top quality and outstanding service.

The last thing anyone wants is a poorly constructed cloth diaper. When you buy from a distant supplier involving high shipping cost, is it possible to return defective products for a full refund, including shipping?

Often we need to be prepared to spend what it takes to buy the quality we desire. A well constructed diaper, made from material you prefer, should last a long time.

Personally I buy the 36" square 2-ply gauze diapers I prefer from Adult Cloth Diaper Dot Com. I wear pinned gauze diapers to bed every night I am either home or where I can wash then. Most evenings I change my gauze diapers 4 times, so each week that is a lot of ACD diapers. I do wash my gauze diapers at least every other day, and daily if I have enough for a washer load. Some do have holes from the pins, but none have worn out. The oldest I bought in 2006. The best part of using flat square gauze diapers is they can be turned such that a few holes from pins do not interfere with use. Holes from pins in the corners can also be patched without causing discomfort in use. Back when I was growing up my Mom did that. So far I have not needed to patch any of my ACD gauze diapers.

Actually, what would be the ultimate would be a scaled-up version of the 21 x 40, which I take would be a 42 x 80 and LeakMaster might be well advised to do a snap-on panty in heavyweigh material since the area of the snaps will be under far more stress than ordinary

the scaled up 21 x 40 clones would be no harder to wash/dry than the 44 x 44 which are 2-layer and would lend themselves to more kinds of folding techniques. Actually, they might be better done as 45 x 84 to allow for shrinkage

Another popular baby diaper size was the 27" square, which, I guess would be a 54" (57 allowing for shrinkage). I have no idea how to use those. I also am not that good with prefolds. I use 21 x 40's on Andrea Lynne Rachel Christine and Lisa Michelle Denise Christine

Actually, what would be the ultimate would be a scaled-up version of the 21 x 40, which I take would be a 42 x 80 and LeakMaster might be well advised to do a snap-on panty in heavyweigh material since the area of the snaps will be under far more stress than ordinary

the scaled up 21 x 40 clones would be no harder to wash/dry than the 44 x 44 which are 2-layer and would lend themselves to more kinds of folding techniques. Actually, they might be better done as 45 x 84 to allow for shrinkage

Another popular baby diaper size was the 27" square, which, I guess would be a 54" (57 allowing for shrinkage). I have no idea how to use those. I also am not that good with prefolds. I use 21 x 40's on Andrea Lynne Rachel Christine and Lisa Michelle Denise Christine

Back in the old days, the Curity brand of Kendall Mills made the 21x40" gauze diapers. Dundee Mills made the 27" square Birdseye cotton weave diapers. On the Kendall gauze looms the maximum was 40" wide, since the gauze needed to be folded to make it 2-ply. After folding the resulting 40" wide web was cut every 21" The Dundee looms could only make 27" wide finished diapers, because the original single ply was about 55", folded and cut every 27"

These days blends of cotton robust enough to work on wide looms are far too expensive for use in diapers. ACD buys 44" square gauze diapers that can be either 2 or 4 ply, but those are stacks of individual pieces, none folded, held together with multi-needle over-lock edge surging. Apparently the 36" square gauze ACD diapers are made the same way, perhaps using the wider loom.

Why not contact ACD and ask for 44x88" diapers? It would seem simple enough to only make every other cross cut. On over-lock machine does not care about the width of the fabric, nor even the length of the seam. Most theatrical curtins use over-lock seams and some of those are 66' long. Now that would be a really large diaper! I mean, what is the difference between theatrical scrim and diaper gauze? Diaper gauze has the threads tight together than does scrim. Of course scrim is vastly more expensive per square meter.