LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What'S Your Diagnosis?

Diagnosed with an Overactive bladder at the age of 13 leading to mixed incontinence, (urge and stress incontinence combined)

At the age of 26 a stroke left me double incontinent, been advised that due to my Overactive bladder and now the strain put on my nervous system from the stroke that messages that should be sent to my brain to tell me I need to go #1 or #2 are so distorted now that my brain is unable to decipher them so in more or less terms just ignores them, and as you can guess nature takes its toll leading to me needing to wear nappies or some protection 24/7 365 days a year

• Like 1

When I discuss the medical meaning of the term "enuresis" I am using information gathered from peer-reviewed medical text books and journals, not the opinion of whoever is writing for Google or Wiki.

As enuresis is used by qualified medical professionals who have received continuing education in the past 20 years, the word has a very specific and limited meaning. That is, enuresis describes urinary incontinence in a person older than average for toilet learning and not yet having reached puberty. Said incontinence occurring while sleeping, usually in darkness.

Yes, I know how to use Google. Yes, I do know the meaning of nocturnal and urinary incontinence. When I was a child I learned all about the roots of the word enuresis. Very interesting in that it helps us know why the term is spelled as it is, but that is of little use applying the term in the real world to actual patients.

If a physician actually wrote "enuresis" referring to an adult, then an investigation into the qualifications of that physician should be started.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the age cut offs are for primary & secondary enuresis? That would be helpful to know.

With respect to all forms of incontinence, Primary means control never was achieved up to the time the medical record is being made. Secondary means that control was achieved for longer than a month and subsequently that control was lost.

The term incontinence is not used until past the expected age of toilet learning, which can vary from physician to physician. Fifteen years ago most pediatricians would use the term "delayed toilet learning" about a child of 48 months. These days most pediatricians consider 60 months to be a sure sign of delayed toilet learning, with some using 54 months.

There has been a debate here about enuresis. As used by qualified medical professionals enuresis refers only to bedwetting in children over the age of 48 months up to reaching puberty. It can be Primary or Secondary. If that child wets day and night then the preferred term is urinary incontinence. The preferred term for lack of bowel control is encopresis, but some mental health professionals use this term to describe a fascination with feces.

• Like 1

Reopening Topic. Please note that any post that is not about a medical diagnosis will be deleted from this thread.

*looks at your sidebar*

Somebody shy???? :P

Mary Ann, I've got CP too--can't remember if I said that, If you have YIM, message me.

Bladder Neuropathy - in my case resulting in urgency or accidents. The urgency is the worst as my bladder can be nearly empty but it feels like It'll burst if I don't pee right away. Accidents are sporadic, but diapers are easier than worrying and looking like a fool when urgency hits in public. I try to urinate regularly during the day to minimize problems, but wear pull-ups or washable briefs for backup. Diapers at night or when I need more security or protection.

Nerve damage in the lower back. I don't remember all the crap about which vertibret or whatever. From simple freaking whiplash. The only reason I'm online now at 1:07am is because my back is spasming and I can't lie down to sleep. Hurts like hell. Like a charley-horse but in your back. Causes my bladder to spasm. I'm lucky the sexual side effects are minor. Aside from an "electric shock" like feeling I'll get in my legs, I have minimal feeling in my groinal area and I'll have spontaneous orgasmic contractions at times. Sometimes with ejaculation and sometimes not. The contraction can come in waves or swarms like any other muscle contraction. And NOT is is not fun or anything else. But I haven't really had that much in months. The random dry orgasmic contraction once in a while but thankfully not the swarms. There are other sexual side effects as well. But that doesn't matter much when you back is screaming at you! Tylenol kick in faster!!!

Technicaly, spastic, overactive or reflex - all the same thing with some overflow mixed in since I don't always discharge completely or know I have to pee when full. Oh, thats a blast, getting cathed because I'm not peeing. I'm just lucky that has only happened twice but it is pretty serious when it happens.

Ugh, I'm going to change and see if I can get some rest in the lazy boy.

• 4 weeks later...

motorcycle accident, caused spinal nerve damage from dislocating my spine at the hip, and I broke my pelvic bone, Traumatic injury of the bladder from the force that broke my pelvic, witch also at the time had bruised kidneys, most of all my injurys where from the wast down. if i didnt have my helmet on i would be dead. I also had broken both my legs, sprained my kneck, and had 5 broken ribs. so yeah I was really banged up and lived to talk about it. all healed up now other then my bladder and minor bowl problems. I have lost all control of my bladder, and have weak control over my bowls, if i have any really loose or diesria, I have really no abillity to hold it at all. normal bowl movments I can hold for a little bit but then i loose control if i cant make it to a rest room intime.

thats kinda my little story of how i become to fully wearing diapers. other then that as growing up i was always a bedwetter. but kinda faith brought that to a full time wetter.

• 2 months later...

being newly diagnosed, it got me curious as to what others diagnoses are

mine's hypeerreflexia secondary to a neurogenic bladder.

so...if I may ask, what other incontinence diagnoses are there in the community?

I also have a neurogenic bladder caused by my spinal cord injury.

I was born with a lot of different problems.Webbed feet,kidney in groin,spinal cord narrowing ,neck fused,3 back surgeries and T10 injury in 1997.

I know a guy who was born with his kidneys in the front of his body instead of where they should be. Do you mind me asking if you have any hardware in your back (screws, rods etc.)? There's a possibility I'll be facing surgery this year and would like to hear from people who have actually had it done.

For me its both upper and lower back injuries plus permanent nerve blocks to reduce pain. With nerve damage to both legs and spasms in most parts of my body, when my back is worse the degree of incone goes up with it. Somewhere all the signals get messed up or dont get to the right places. Or I dont recconise and respond to them. And just got out for a heart attack has really screwed up my nerves system, back pain is far worse than before for no reason. Last doc visit I could hardly walk and had to explain why I was still wearing protective undies. They had me in those belted protectives in the hospital because of all the meds. What a surprise that is not in my work comp records of problems in that area. That was sure fun to explain, cant wait to see what the insurace has to say. But I did learn that the only true pain free time or sleep I will ever get is only when I am completly --- sedated = = = peace

I know a guy who was born with his kidneys in the front of his body instead of where they should be. Do you mind me asking if you have any hardware in your back (screws, rods etc.)? There's a possibility I'll be facing surgery this year and would like to hear from people who have actually had it done.

Hi

When my neck was fused in 1997 they took a piece of bone from my hip and used it to fuse C5,6and 7 together.If I ever had to have it done again I would have had them use a cadaver bone.I had major problems with the skin opening because the bone is right at the waist line were you pants ride.Neck surgery is 2 weeks of jello and liquids .I don't have any hardware

Gary

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...