LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Letter To The Diapered Community

I've been meaning to write this for a while and now I finally have the time for once to write it.

Dear DL Community,

It seems to me, a rather new addition to the world of wearing diapers, that many of you are overly judgmental even though many judge you for wearing diapers. I have found that many disagree with the way others go about their wearing, what they do diapered, weather they wet, mess, or wear 24/7. We all can't seem to be able to accept that wearing a diaper is different for each person and many try to press their style of diaper wearing on newbies who don't know what they like just yet, it is something each person should be able to find for themselves.

It's been hard for me and I'm sure that I'm not the only one, to accept that I sometimes enjoy being diapered. That the desire will come and go and that it is just a part of my life. And I believe that this site does a poor job much of the time in welcoming newbies and allowing them to openly ask questions if they have them. We are all here because we have a common thread, we love our diapers. Why can't we be more welcoming, extend a clean diaper and handshake, and be more civil with one another?

• Like 6

Best solution is to just ignore people who are like that. You find prejudism in everything, it can't be avoided. But as with real life, you "tune them out" as best you can and move on with your life. ;) As a species we can't get rid of everything that offends someone or ... there'd be nothing left.

• Like 1

It is unfortunate and a problem I have had with the community for a very long time. We ourselves ask for patience, kindness, and understanding; yet, many on here who preach those wants and desires do not have the same decency to show kindness and understanding towards others situations, opinions, or ideas. This is by no means everyone, but it is by no means one or two people either.

• Like 3

I agree with you, to a certain extent. While I think we could be a little more welcoming, the new users in here usually makes 2-3 posts because they want to know something, and then log off and will probably never come back. You're one of more serious users, who were/are striving for support, thoughts, and so on. If I'm going to give someone a clean and fresh diaper, they'll need to be willing to use it, or I'm taking it back :)

-TDL

Why can't we be more welcoming, extend a clean diaper and handshake, and be more civil with one another?

This. There has been a certain negativity and rush to judgment lately. Doesn't cost anything to be nice kiddies!

• Like 1

That's what I don't get, we're a minority in society yet we act like some sort of high school cliche where only people who do certain things with their diapers hold rather vocal opinions on here. Would it kill some of us to start are own thread where we can just talk about what diapers we like, things we like to do in our diapers, and share questions with one another without being torn to shreds by someone who has been wearing since 1970 and thinks that entitles them to a high ranking opinion on this site.

That's what I don't get, we're a minority in society yet we act like some sort of high school cliche where only people who do certain things with their diapers hold rather vocal opinions on here. Would it kill some of us to start are own thread where we can just talk about what diapers we like, things we like to do in our diapers, and share questions with one another without being torn to shreds by someone who has been wearing since 1970 and thinks that entitles them to a high ranking opinion on this site.

ive been wondering this for the few years ive been here this is one reason i lurke more than i post cause most people just put the post down as it is not in there " in style or current phase of diaper related topics" im sure some smart ass will have something to say about this lol glad some one beside me thanks this way i mean i wear when i can and as often as i can i just come for the pictures and read the forums since its a place for us to share our lifestyle with each other than rather than clogging up some random sex sites fetish part of the site ..........

Welcome to the real world. Not everyone is supportive, not everyone agrees, and we don't all have to get along. That is all part of living life.

While this is true and this is an acceptable attitude to take towards certain things, I think that we should be more supportive and accepting here since this is more of a "community" where people come to seek support and understanding and make like-minded friends. It's kinda hard to do that when people are afraid to post their likes for fear of being flamed.

This actually happens pretty regularly in fetish communities. In peeplay communities, the taboo is often naughty peeing because of the impact it has on others who may or may not be into it. So anyone who expresses even the faintest interest in this is shot down pretty hard. On piss-sites with a diaper section, you find them to mostly be DLs who are very anti-AB content of any kind. Moving into panty-pooping communities, the taboo is anytime the poo shows outside of the knickers. <-- Two examples that, were you to move about in various fetish communities, you could probably produce an equivalent of within about ten minutes.

It's just a thing, is all.

~Luci

• Like 1

Best solution is to just ignore people who are like that. You find prejudism in everything, it can't be avoided. But as with real life, you "tune them out" as best you can and move on with your life. ;) As a species we can't get rid of everything that offends someone or ... there'd be nothing left.

I agree!!! Some judge you for your likes or dislikes & others because of your age.(I have seen the latter alot on the net) But I have found some who are willing to take me as I am. We don't always agree but get along anyway. Keep looking!!!!

Remember this is the internet, people will feel free to let fly with stuff they would never say to someone in person. Plus one's words can easily be misconstrued when typed out rather than spoken. Lack of hearing voice inflection can often cause misunderstandings.

I think far too often people get bent out of shape when someone flames them on the net. Especially ABDLs, who tend to be a little on the sensitive side anyway.

I will definatly say there is much negativity from some people here. Some people get nasty at others simply because they prefer cloth diapers over disposables! Ridiculous! I've heard some complaining about the 50 year olds here, as if some people feel the membership should be limited to people only in their 20's. It is true that diffrent things float different people's boats, so to speak. I'm DL and not at all AB, but I don't complain or knock those who like playing baby. It's just not my cup of tea. Rather than complain about them, I just read other posts that do interest me. That's why there are so many different forum catagories.

On the other hand, some members do cross the line of good taste and proper behavior. Even in the adult diaper community there are things that just aren't proper to do. Wearing the same dirty smelly diaper 24 hours a day without changing it, messing yourself and purpously sitting on a crouded bus with others smelling you, going up to strangers and telling them that you chose to wear and use diapers instead of a toilet as a personal choice and lifestyle, and worst of all, making jokes about messing your diapers and hanging around in them in front of elementary schools are things that the majority of members here will complain and post negativly about. Even though we all like diapers here, there are still some things that are not proper behaivior. All in all, though, we do need to be a lot more tolerant and accepting of others and what they enjoy doing as long as they don't cross the line (as one recently banned person has done numerous times!)

• Like 2

Plus one to Rustypins! So very well said that I really can't add much to it :thumbsup: In the words of Rodney King "Can't we all just get along?" The answer is yes we can- but we won't :o Until every one of us stands together as one against any person with ill-will in their hearts this will remain so :crybaby: I envision a world much like Star Trek, where all diversity is taken in stride and all are accepted- save those wishing to cause others harm :wub: "Harm" also means intentionally harming an innocent person's feelings or sensibilities when it's not necessary. To paraphrase FDR, the only thing we should hate is hate itself- and like then we must declare war on it no matter the cost to ourselves or it will take over everything. To win that war we must exemplify the principles we claim to stand for on a personal level or the seeds will remain for it to happen again :(

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Remember this is the internet, people will feel free to let fly with stuff they would never say to someone in person. Plus one's words can easily be misconstrued when typed out rather than spoken. Lack of hearing voice inflection can often cause misunderstandings.

I think far too often people get bent out of shape when someone flames them on the net. Especially ABDLs, who tend to be a little on the sensitive side anyway.

This.

• Like 1

This actually happens pretty regularly in fetish communities. In peeplay communities, the taboo is often naughty peeing because of the impact it has on others who may or may not be into it. So anyone who expresses even the faintest interest in this is shot down pretty hard. On piss-sites with a diaper section, you find them to mostly be DLs who are very anti-AB content of any kind. Moving into panty-pooping communities, the taboo is anytime the poo shows outside of the knickers. <-- Two examples that, were you to move about in various fetish communities, you could probably produce an equivalent of within about ten minutes.

It's just a thing, is all.

~Luci

The greatest irony in life is when I discovered this fetish was legit and I wasn't a freak, I hated anything aB oriented. Now I am one.

it all boils down to one undeniable fact... this community is made up of a group of humans........ Humans have never understood or been easily open to things other than what THEY know.... skin tones... sexual prefrence.... cultures .... how one does or does not wear a diaper...... as a group humans are stupid and ignorant.. its up to individuals to understand that all humans are differant and if everyone saw what everyone else did in private (or not) they would realize that we are all freaks...... and that THAT is what is Normal. and no one has any right to judge ANY aspect of another souls life.... judge not lest ye be judged....... oh yeah we are all guilty of doing that but we must personally strive to grow and change our lives,community and world..

my 2 cents

This may be the internet where no one has a real identity and therefore no accountability of their actions but why should that stop us from respecting each other for our own individual diapered interests. Just because we all don't have the same beliefs doesn't mean we can't respect each other. If you disagree with someone just ignore them, it's not that hard.

This may be the internet where no one has a real identity and therefore no accountability of their actions but why should that stop us from respecting each other for our own individual diapered interests. Just because we all don't have the same beliefs doesn't mean we can't respect each other. If you disagree with someone just ignore them, it's not that hard.

o.O Wait ... you see people respecting differences in real life all the time?

• Like 1

Being different is normal.

well if you are normal than you aren't different, if you are different than you aren't normal... as normal is considered the same as everyone else and different is not the same lol... oi.. i just gave myself a head ache !!! :P

As a community we should stop fighting over our differences. Personally I am only a DL and I prefer disposable diapers. I don't like any of the AB things so i choose not to read them, and although i like disposables i wouldn't put anyone down for wearing cloth of doing AB things. We as a community need to be more accepting of each other’s preferences. To a non-ABDL observer we are all a bunch of freaks who wear diapers; they don't make distinctions based on our preferences and nether should we.

Just my 2 cents

As a community we should stop fighting over our differences. Personally I am only a DL and I prefer disposable diapers. I don't like any of the AB things so i choose not to read them, and although i like disposables i wouldn't put anyone down for wearing cloth of doing AB things. We as a community need to be more accepting of each other’s preferences. To a non-ABDL observer we are all a bunch of freaks who wear diapers; they don't make distinctions based on our preferences and nether should we.

Just my 2 cents

I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying. Are telling us that we shouldn't listen to each other? If that's the case, I disagree. Just because they don't, doesn't mean that we shouldn't do it either. And the great thing about people is that they are all different :) . To the COMMON non-ABDL observer, maybe, but not every person. I told my mother, and she was ok with it. She doesn't think that I'm a freak. Maybe it's because she loves me for who I am, I don't know. But I think that proves my point. Sorry if I mis-understood what you've said.

I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying. Are telling us that we shouldn't listen to each other? If that's the case, I disagree. Just because they don't, doesn't mean that we shouldn't do it either. And the great thing about people is that they are all different :) . To the COMMON non-ABDL observer, maybe, but not every person. I told my mother, and she was ok with it. She doesn't think that I'm a freak. Maybe it's because she loves me for who I am, I don't know. But I think that proves my point. Sorry if I mis-understood what you've said.

No, I'm saying we should listen to each other and respect each other’s preferences equally.