LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Many Do You Wear A Day?

A question for all of you 24/7 wearers out there. How many diapers do you go through in a day? and what brand? wet and mess? I'm looking to go 24/7 for a week near the end of the year and was curious as to how many diapers I'm going to need. I only wet and I go through around 3-4 a day of good quality diapers or about 6-8 of cheaper brands doubled up.

Thanks for any feedback.

that about what i use in a day if im whereing depens . just got abox of bambeno all white and they hold as much as 3 or 4 depens . but be carefull to get the right size . i where small in depens but i realy need medem in bambeeno

2.125 a day :rolleyes: It's a real bugger drinking and peeing that 'extra' .125, and taping on .125 of some disposables is impossible, while using .125 of a diaper pin with the cloth diaper I cut down to .125 size leads to getting poked and occasionally having it fall off and get caught in my sock :roflmao:

Seriously, I use 2-3 a day through the weekdays since I wear the pull-up style and use the toilet where I can B) The one I put on in the morning is usually almost dry after my evening shower post-work so I reuse it unless I know I am going to need more capacity. Lately the wetness of perspiration has made me change to another pull-up for my evenings though I sometimes just go straight to cloth :angel_not: Bedtime or late evening after I think I'm done peeing for the day I pin on cloth :wub: I go to extremes to not 'mess' myself as I do not like that. Wearing 24/7 doesn't always mean using a diaper for all your excretions ;)

Weekends vary a lot based on my activity and my desire for 'fun' in a wet diaper :D Some Saturdays I can go through 4-6 diapers just to be as wet as I can for as long as I can, and these vary from CVS day and night briefs to my birdseye cloth diapers according to my mood :fish_h4h: The busy Saturdays can be like a weekday with just two or three diapers. You can easily guess which kind of Saturday I prefer whistling.gif

I must say that I am somewhat in awe of the wide range of differences from those who have incontinence. I am glad that my "problem" is much smaller and more easily managed since it allows me fewer changes. If I was as leaky as some I'd have to go to cloth only due to my economics- even as much as I like cloth diapers I do not want to have their extra bulk to deal with in my everyday life. My hat is off to the incontinent here who deal with it so well :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

This post has me curious since most responders to it are incontinent and most mention disposable diapers. When trying to be as dry as possible, the disposables are supposed to lock the wetness away and keep you dryer up to the point where you have wet several times and the diaper gets saturated. I'm sure people don't change every time they wet only once, or wet just a little, so the question I have for those who have experience with both is, do you go through more diapers with cloth than you do with disposables because cloth feels wetter to your body and you want to change sooner to feel dry, or do you go through less changes because cloth holds more liquid even though the diaper may actually feel wetter? Even though cloth tends to wick the wetness throughout the diaper as opposed to locking it away in one area, which do people feel last longer and requires fewer changes?

I would say for those who want to feel dryer, they probably change more often and disposables might feel better on them, where as some might feel that cloth can hold more wettings, especially when they double up on the diapers because the wetness spreads out throughout more of the diaper. What does everyone else think?

I go through about 5 abena x-plus a day. Maybe 6 on a weekend. I have to drink a lot of water because of kidney's.

I'll usually have one change in the morning, and one after work (sometimes one at midday) and then one or two in the evening. Depends on how much I drink.

So, 3-6 sounds right.

As for when to change. I change when it's going to be inconvenient for a while (like right before work or bed) regardless. Obviously I don't stay in a poopy diaper very long. As for wetting, the better ones can take pretty much a workdays small wettings.

This post has me curious since most responders to it are incontinent and most mention disposable diapers. When trying to be as dry as possible, the disposables are supposed to lock the wetness away and keep you dryer up to the point where you have wet several times and the diaper gets saturated. I'm sure people don't change every time they wet only once, or wet just a little, so the question I have for those who have experience with both is, do you go through more diapers with cloth than you do with disposables because cloth feels wetter to your body and you want to change sooner to feel dry, or do you go through less changes because cloth holds more liquid even though the diaper may actually feel wetter? Even though cloth tends to wick the wetness throughout the diaper as opposed to locking it away in one area, which do people feel last longer and requires fewer changes?

I would say for those who want to feel dryer, they probably change more often and disposables might feel better on them, where as some might feel that cloth can hold more wettings, especially when they double up on the diapers because the wetness spreads out throughout more of the diaper. What does everyone else think?

A night-weight cloth diaper will hold more urine than anything else- no disposable can match that part biggrin.gif The biggest difference is that cloth diapers distribute the wetness everywhere :wub: -but that also includes against the skin which invites rashes with most people :( I've heard that gauze diapers are better at helping the skin stay dryer but I haven't tried them. If you have to wear diapers then a rash would make your life miserable and would be something to avoid any way you can. When you're at maximum absorbency level there isn't a lot of difference in capacity and that alone wouldn't be enough to override other important aspects such as fit, comfort, price, and convenience. Just my $.02 on the subject ;) BTW good question and well explained!

Bettypooh

Ok OMG!!!! I have been reading the responses of some of you and you must be rich!!! I was doing the math and if you wear 4 quality diapers (bambino, abena) a day for 30 days, its like $200 a month in diapers. Now not saying you don't need them because a lot of you do. But how in the hell do you afford it? You all must be really good at budgeting money.

In case lots, the premiums go for a bit under a dollar. I've got a few packs of bambinos, but at home I use the dry24/7 or the like and for work I use the slightly trimmer attends (though I'm thinking about the tranquility slimline), so yes the diaper budget is probably over $100 but not quite $200.

Yesterday's schedule:

Wet/pooped in dry24/7 before shower.

2 attends at work.

24/7 when I got home.

The money does add up quickly. In Canada Abena X-plus are $1.79 each if you buy by the case. I spend about $260.00 a month on diapers, wipes and supplies like powder and zincofax. I do budget well because of this but at the end of the year when you add it up it is a little depressing. It's a car payment a month.

Ok OMG!!!! I have been reading the responses of some of you and you must be rich!!! I was doing the math and if you wear 4 quality diapers (bambino, abena) a day for 30 days, its like $200 a month in diapers. Now not saying you don't need them because a lot of you do. But how in the hell do you afford it? You all must be really good at budgeting money.

That's partially why I choose cheapo pull-ups for daytime wear and try to make them last cool.gif Even I can afford $0.50 a day :lol: Thinking back I guess my total cost average is around $1.50-2.00 a day (including the cost of cloth diapers, plastic panties, washing etc.). Again it's quite affordable or I couldn't manage it ;) My lifestyle is super-cheap out of necessity so I'm pretty good at budgeting. My absolute necessities cost me what many people waste on non-necessities like Wii, cable TV, blackberrys, toys like boats or dirt bikes or scrapbooking or collections of whatever happy.gif If I really had to I could get by on less- there's been several times I've done it- but I don't want to. I'm not bashing those who spend more- that's their prerogative if they can afford it and they want to spend their money that way :) I'm just pointing out that not being heavily incontinent and being 24/7 doesn't have to cost a bundle and almost anyone can handle the cost. Those with incontinence will, of course, not have my options and therefore have to spend more, but just like buying needed medicines you spend what you have to in order to have a decent life :whistling:

Bettypooh

I haven't added it up in a long time but it is right around $150.00/month. I wear cloth diapers for bed so after making the initial investment in diapers and plastic pants you go years without buying more. It is disposable during the day though, really the only convenient type when at work or traveling. My attitude is that it is what it is. Now don't get me started on our cable bill, that drives me nuts as the alternatives, other then over the air antenna, aren't any better, but I digress.

A question for all of you 24/7 wearers out there. How many diapers do you go through in a day? and what brand? wet and mess? I'm looking to go 24/7 for a week near the end of the year and was curious as to how many diapers I'm going to need. I only wet and I go through around 3-4 a day of good quality diapers or about 6-8 of cheaper brands doubled up.

Thanks for any feedback.

Didn't anybody get the question? Simple math story problem: figure 8 cheaper diapers a day times seven days, equals 56 diapers you will need to have available if you want to go 24/7 for a week. Yes, that will cost some. Better diapers, more cost.

Last month I bought my first new dozen cloth diapers in about five years. Got some 36x36 heavyweight birdseye cloth diapers for under $30. I invested less than $200 five years ago and still have plenty of diaper life left. I do laundry twice a week instead of once for as many diapers I wish to wear any day or night. I use disposables from time to time if convenient, but no disposables can beat cloth diapers for economy, capacity or comfort. (No,, I'm not closed minded...just the facts.)

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

• Like 1

Didn't anybody get the question?....

Yes, I DID get the question- it asked about 24/7 wearers, not 24/7 users- there's the difference. I wear 24/7 and in the daytime it's pull-ups :) I chose them for cheapness and because I can still use the toilet easily, thus having leakage protection without spending a lot on diapers B) Tape-on diapers make my lifestyle choice a little harder to handle, but when my leakage is bad they offer better protection so I wear them then :whistling:

Simple math story problem: figure 8 cheaper diapers a day times seven days, equals 56 diapers you will need to have available if you want to go 24/7 for a week. Yes, that will cost some. Better diapers, more cost.

Last month I bought my first new dozen cloth diapers in about five years. Got some 36x36 heavyweight birdseye cloth diapers for under $30. I invested less than $200 five years ago and still have plenty of diaper life left. I do laundry twice a week instead of once for as many diapers I wish to wear any day or night. I use disposables from time to time if convenient, but no disposables can beat cloth diapers for economy, capacity or comfort. (No,, I'm not closed minded...just the facts.)

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

The math isn't quite that simple- it takes fewer good diapers to hold a given amount of pee than it does cheapos rolleyes.gif As many who need that capacity have noted, the total cost either balances or is in favor of the better diapers ;) Then the number of needed changes becomes the significant factor, more so than the cost :blush: Ditto on the cloth diapers- they are still unbeatable in every way except convenience :wub: That issue can usually be dealt with well in most normal circumstances with some thought. Disposables v Cloth is really a matter of preference with no wrong answers :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

My diapers cost $82.95 a case. With wipes and such in bulk, I pay around $90-100/month for my supplies. I usually don't get rashes, and baby powder is inexpensive, so both those items last a long time.There are 104 Abenas in a case of M1, and 92 in a case of M2. The first of the month usually comes around when i'm nearing my last pack, and I get my new case in the mail right as I'm down to my last few diapers. This system works for me (and no, I'm not rich). I have cloth diapers also, but once wet they tend to give me bad rashes LONG before the capacity is finished.

~ moogle

Today I changed diapers 7 times, which means a total of 14 gauze prefold diapers. I changed vinyl pants three times and had three messy incidents. Usually I only have one incident of a messy diaper, but that is changing rapidly. Oh well! I use the soak, prewash, and wash cycle when I have messy diapers. I hang my diapers out to dry.

Hmmm let's see. I change in the morning into a Secure XPlus and a Pampers 4 booster currently. That'll last me usually until I get off work and get home to change at about 7, if I'm super-soaked, I take off my whole diaper and booster, if I'm just wet a bit into the diaper i take out just the booster and keep the diaper on till morning. I never EVER change into a fresh diaper after 8PM unless I don't have work the next morning, I ALWAYS start my workday off with as dry a diaper as I can, and changing that late at night would mean I'd have to throw away a half used diaper, I'm poor so I have to be frugal with my diapers.

I wear 24/7 depends on the fluid intake. For me during the day, depends on what diaper I feel like putting on and how many diaper changes i want to go through in the day. I have a stock of attends, abena xplus, abena delta form, bambino, molicare, abri-wings... attends and abri wings are usually the diapers i wear out and about. Wet or mess. So if i drink alot of fluids through out the day i am usually changed 5-8 times a day...

A typical day at work, 8 hour work day I can go through 3 attends...

So it just all depends on the fluid intake, at night i wear a thicker diaper for wetting or messing...

Hope this helps.