LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

People Who Are Hurting This Community

Three bad checks in one day has pushed me over the edge. Not only will it take away money we need from this weeks payment, but two of them were also affiliate sign-ups so others were robbed too. IP's have been logged and I am selecting a collection agency now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hy66@yahoo.com

Salina, Kansas 67401

Stole $32.95

Likes photos of women in diapers and wears them himself. Pays with bad checks.

Burl Wesley Johnson

1510 Dana Way

Roseville, CA 95661

bdjohnson1510@gmail.com

Stole $14.95

David Swartz

Swartz's Computer Services

400 State Route 235

Millmont, PA 17845

coca_cola_master@msn.com

Stole $19.95

Likes photos of gay men in diapers and wears them himself. Pays with bad checks.

Three bad checks in one day has pushed me over the edge. Not only will it take away money we need from this weeks payment, but two of them were also affiliate sign-ups so others were robbed too. IP's have been logged and I am selecting a collection agency now.

that sucks :/ question - why accept cheques? it seems to be a common theme. These werent personal cheques were they? if so, why not change it to money orders or paypal or whatever.

Take what you can get. :closedeyes: It may be true that some people are complete jackasses, but a lot of people are willing to help out our community and it's not fair to DailyDi to inconvenience those people. He's simply trying to allow the most options for the people willing to donate.

And although I agree that personal checks are never a good idea to accept as a company owner, I do admire the freedom DailyDi gives to his donors.

-Sophie

hy66@yahoo.com

Salina, Kansas 67401

Stole $32.95

Burl Wesley Johnson

1510 Dana Way

Roseville, CA 95661

bdjohnson1510@gmail.com

Stole $14.95

David Swartz

Swartz's Computer Services

400 State Route 235

Millmont, PA 17845

coca_cola_master@msn.com

Stole $19.95

Likes photos of gay men in diapers and wears them himself. Pays with bad checks.

Another way to combat this is to have a 10 day waiting period for items paid for with a check. You wait until the check clears the bank before shipping. No money, no honey...you want to play you have to pay...if the check bounces, send a notice that shipping will be delayed until the funds are received, they complain, it's their issue they use bogus checks or don't have funds in the bank and think they can get something for free....They don't pay, you don't ship....Screw 'em. :P

qwack

Square's got a good point. That's probably a very viable solution, and as a consumer I'd accept that proposal. Anyone who understands the slightest thing about business (I barely make the cut) will know why you're doing this.

-Sophie

Just to be clear: I would never do this to someone who donated or attempted to donate to us. These are people who joined our paysites, or our sponsors and took content without paying for it.

Despite me not understanding the logistics of "taking content", I think you should just light them all on fire. That's my solution... to most things... *shifty eyes*

I do recommend the whole 10 day wait period. Then again, that might be hard to manage, especially when it comes to subscriptions...

-Sophie

DD / Mike,

it seems crazy to me that someone would wish to risk their reputation for $30 odd. Current rate of exchange, that is approx. about €20, or £15 sterling, which in my mind, is a pittance. I'd suggest that you bring this a little further - i.e. publish in local papers requesting payment. I think that you are under no obligation to keep their name / details private. Theft is a prosecutable offence, and I think that under US law, you are obliged to inform the local police.

• Like 1

It would be fitting justice to recover the money by selling all their personal information to every advertising list and spammer you can find. May they be deluged by so much shit in their lives that they need a snorkel.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

It would be fitting justice to recover the money by selling all their personal information to every advertising list and spammer you can find. May they be deluged by so much shit in their lives that they need a snorkel.

Hugs,

Freta

Win.

I second this motion.

-Sophie

I'm sorry this is happening to you. How sad that for less than $40 these guys are willing to have their personal reputations ruined. In my heart, my reputation is worth a whole lot more than that. BTW, I wear diapers and like to look at women (in diapers or whatever) but I NEVER write bad checks.

You take personal checks? You are kidding, right? Credit card or Debit/EFT is the way to go.

We take e-check payments for those who don't have credit cards or don't want their spouses/family seeing the listing on their statements.

We take e-check payments for those who don't have credit cards or don't want their spouses/family seeing the listing on their statements.

Still, in that case I don't think you should ship anything until the funds have cleared, just to protect yourself. With electronic banking these days, you can have confirmation of funds in seconds.If it is an over seas transaction, then you can wait 12-24 hours for confirmation. If you post this on the pages where items are sold they should be understood, specially if you preface it with a note about loss and theft from previous buyers, just like in Ebay. It is unfortunate, but seemingly a necessity these days, that there will always be someone who thinks they should get something for free, at the expense of others for what ever reason. It's BS and unfair, and if the rest of us have to wait a bit so be it, you get the funds for the items you have to sell. If they object or complain, oh well...complain to the idiots who created the issue to begin with <_<

qwack

Perhaps the email address is correct but how do you know the rest of the data isn't stolen? I'm just playing devil's advocate. I have no sympathy if they are identified but if someone stole a check or even had an old canceled check with the routing numbers and address on it, it is a simple thing to use it.

It is easy to fool an honest person like DD because they are so trusting. Crooks are the hard ones to crack. In my case, people that think like bad guys to thwart the bad guys.

When I worked retail, we had to deal with people writing bad checks all the time. Believe it or not, most people who wrote the bad checks were very apologetic and didn't have the intent to use our services for free. At the same time, these people should have known about their accounts and we had to cancel their accounts. It was store policy.

When it comes to paysites, it's not your run-of-the-mill transaction. People want the goods for free and they'll come up with anything to get it even if they have to write bad checks. This isn't uncommon.

Perhaps the email address is correct but how do you know the rest of the data isn't stolen? I'm just playing devil's advocate. I have no sympathy if they are identified but if someone stole a check or even had an old canceled check with the routing numbers and address on it, it is a simple thing to use it.

On the two I showed full info for, their registration details match their IP address location and their Paypal accounts (which I billed for repayment)

The Ba$tards :bash: I know the feeling all too well :angry: I was starting a business and about six months into it I got a big job- just the thing I needed to put me on the financial map. I put every dime I had into it. Then comes the bad check, essentially uncollectable :crybaby:

There was no point in prosecuting, that would have not got me a dime back :( The reason the check bounced is that the government seized everything my customer had about 4 hours before I got the check :o Nobody knew that was going to happen and this customer had a almost 10K in that account the week before according to my inside source at the bank :whistling: The previous checks had always been good as gold- just not that one time when it was critical for me :huh:

All I could do was close the doors, pack my stuff, and go home broke and unemployed :crybaby:

Since then I take checks- from my Mom only and you're not her so you go cash the thing and bring me the money. If the check is as good as you say it is then you won't have any trouble doing that, now will you? :P Works every time.

Bettypooh

I only take checks from the old couple I work for. They have been with their bank since it opened, and they pay EVERY one of their bills on time, even the charities they donate to. I like the idea of ruining their reputation just because of a bad check, but I'm sure if they are smart, they will see this thread and decide to pay what they owe, and walk away.

In any case, good luck Daily Di on getting what is yours

It is insane the way the few in business has forced the rest of us to behave. Currently, when a contract of business is agreed, 50% of the money is paid up front before any work is done, and the balance on completion. If the 50% is not there, no work is ever carried out, and usually the contract is terminated. This applies to everyone, including family and friends. Prior to the crash, most contracts were 25% completed before any renumeration was seen.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about the bad checks. However, as for using a collection agency the amounts aren't large enough to make it worthwhile. Collection Agencies are paid by charging a percentage of the amount collected (usually 40%). I rarely turn over uncollectible receivables for anything under $1,200.00. From my experience you have 2 options: contact the local district attorney's office and file a complaint for bad checks, that is fraud and is actually a criminal act if the check writer doesn't make restitution. We have had some success doing that though one claim took 2 years. Your other option is Small Claims Court, you will get a judgement but collecting may cost more then getting what is owed. But, about 30% will pay as soon as they are served with the complaint.

Cautionary note: publishing their names and addresses is risky at best. If it turns to have been a innocent error or there were other plausible reasons for the check being returned NSF or uncollectible you expose yourself to a Libel claim. Frankly, for the amounts involved other then personal pride it isn't worth very much effort. I wouldn't take personal checks myself. I own a wholesale company so we get paid by check all the time, but that is after checking bank references, getting signed personal guarantees, etc. Consumer perchases are a totally different credit environment.

Good luck, sometimes if you bug people enought they eventually pay just to make you go away.

Daily, you might want to be careful posting the information for everyone to see. It may be considered defamation of character in the eyes of the law. Until you create a police report for these people and they are convicted, it is innocent until proven guilty so you shouldn't slander an individual until they are guilty.

Not condoning what they did as I think it's wrong obviously but just don't want YOU to get into any legal troubles. Ask someone here who's in law enforcement to help make sure you're doing the right thing.

I still think everyone sending them hate email and spam and any other stuff that can be sent to make their collective lives a bit uncomfortable is an option....thats what email is for anyways...isn't it?? :P

qwack