LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have You Ever Pretended To Die In Front Of Your Pet To See How They React?

Goerge

One's pets are often more intelligent than given credit for.

Speaking for myself, pretending as such wouldn't do anything for me personally, although I truly enjoy Age Play. I like being a good Little Boy (not a baby) to balance my serious adult side. It's good to view life in a non-jaded, unpoisoned way. I'll be silly yeah but never cruel.

I have.

My late dog (she passed away in early 2009) always used to whine when I played dead, and would lick my face at times. Other times she would lay on me with her 30-40 lb body.

My cats have mixed reactions -

One completely ignores me, one headbutts my face/forehead or kneads his paws on my chest, and the third either ignores me or flops down next to me.

~ moogle

• Like 1

I have.

My late dog (she passed away in early 2009) always used to whine when I played dead, and would lick my face at times. Other times she would lay on me with her 30-40 lb body.

My cats have mixed reactions -

One completely ignores me, one headbutts my face/forehead or kneads his paws on my chest, and the third either ignores me or flops down next to me.

~ moogle

Sounds as though your cat's giving you CPR with the paws kneading your chest. Funny

When my cat was still alive/with me...I have had several in my lifetime...One got eaten by coyotes...we think...one got ran over...one I had to leave behind, etc. :crybaby:

I could picture their reaction if I did that...They would, most of them, stare down at me with a look that says:

You are an idiot...

And some of them might jump on my chest and pur as if the idea of me being dead pleased them...OR they would think I wanted to play and claw me to ribbons...

Unless you're one of those people who're trained to go into a death-like state, or your pet is deaf, they can hear your heartbeat and breathing. Plus, with dogs and cats, smell plays a part, as well. Cats and dogs are also known to be able to detect medical problems, and when someone is dying. Cats are actually considered the most predatory creature on earth, as they're known to kill hundreds of species, but only prey on a handful of them. Plus, pets (especially dogs) have been bred to key on our subconscious signals, and can often tell that we're just playing (though, again, a disabled pet may not be able to notice these). You're much more likely to get the "they don't care" or the "they wanna play or be affectionate" response, depending on the individual.

O.o

That's an unusually cold response coming from you...Meant to be silly, maybe, but it sure does come off cold.

~ moogle

I have to say it is a pleasure to scan through this thread and find simply good humor. Yes, I read it as just plain silly - all of it through and through. How refreshing!!thumbsup.gif

Guest Wetnmessy247

This is an EXTREMEL DISTURBING thread...but...I think this is something everyone does at least once to their pet for various reasons.

I do it once in a blue moon to my dog to see how he would react if I really DID collapse and need help.

He's the most loyal dog I think ever existed, because he follows me EVERYWHERE I go. EVERYWHERE. I have a harder time shaking him off than my shadow on a sunny day.

And I would do anything for him, as he would for me.

So how would he react?

The first time I did it I managed to get away from him for a second and laid down on my back on the floos all sprawled out. I couldn't see him, but heard him run in then stop. It was silent for about ten seconds before I looked up and he had the MOST PITIFUL AND HEARTBREAKING look on his face. One paw was up in the air and it looked like he was crying for a second or two. I comforted him by smothering him with my love.

I've done it several times. I don't see why people are freaking out, it strikes me as a natural point of curiosity. Who doesn't love playing a trick on their animals every now and again anyway? Whether it's playing dead or letting the tennis ball drop over your shoulder instead of throwing it should hardly matter.

...I don't play dead with my pets...

However, on the topic of pets being smart...

When I'm diapered, under the covers or with pants on or whatever, my cat always knows and follows me around...

Also, when I'm dressed in little girl clothes it plays with me more than when I'm dressed normally. I attribute this to the fact that I talk in a higher pitched voice when I'm all dressed up since I don't exactly act differently toward the cat. I'm always very calm and trying not to scare her. She's a bit paranoid...

-Sophie

I have a very overactive Jack Russel Terrier and I don't even have to play dead for him to react.

If you are out for a walk and you stop to look at somthing or talk to someone you get abot two minutes and he come back to you barking asking you basicially why you are not moving.

If I take him to someone elses house if you try and sit down for a chat or a cup of tea he goes mental, barking at me running to the door, it's as if he's saying. don't get comfortable, were not stopping here we don't live here.

The strange thing is He travels in the car in a carrier box and within reason he will sit quite happy in the box all day in the car, especally if the cars moving, as long as he get out now and then for the toilet and he gets a drink of water now and then.

He also gets all excited if the phone rings house phone or mobile and he usually recognises the voice on the other end, if it's someone he hasen't met he's not interested, someone he knows he listens to every word.

My lab just brings toys and drops them on my head and barks til I move. I always give up when she gets the bone that weighs a few pounds. ;)

Alright. Just tried the experiment. One of my dogs was drinking water at the time. He came over and wanted to lick my face. My other dog watched, then she took the opportunity to get a drink while the first one was distracted by be.

I did it with my late pet, who was a very mellow golden retriever. When I would do it, he'd just watch it, maybe come over and sniff me, and then just go on about his business. We gave him the sarcastic title of "World's Best Guard Dog." :thumbsup: