LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Rubber Pants

When I was growing up I was a hopeless bedwetter. I can remember my mom useing Milkey Way Rubber Pants (50s). Does anyone remember their first pants? Or does anyone recognize Milkey Way brand ? Thanks.

I was raised as a bedwetter in Gerber plastic pants but I do remember actual rubber pants. Even my mom called my plastic pants "rubber pants" as a common generic term. Unfortunatly, I don't remember any rubber pants that I wore, only the Gerbers when I got older (around 3 to 6 years old as a bedwetter). I do remember as late as the early to mid 1970's that you could still find rubber baby pants at some stores (Wollworths being one of them). Even the Gerber plastic baby pants were in all the grocery stores through the 1980's. Now try finding plastic baby pants, especially at the local grocery store!

I was raised as a bedwetter in Gerber plastic pants but I do remember actual rubber pants. Even my mom called my plastic pants "rubber pants" as a common generic term. Unfortunatly, I don't remember any rubber pants that I wore, only the Gerbers when I got older (around 3 to 6 years old as a bedwetter). I do remember as late as the early to mid 1970's that you could still find rubber baby pants at some stores (Wollworths being one of them). Even the Gerber plastic baby pants were in all the grocery stores through the 1980's. Now try finding plastic baby pants, especially at the local grocery store!

Thanks RustyPins .I hope your mother was nice to you about your bedwetting . Mine was very understanding and she kept me in night diapers and rubber pants (plastic pants)til I was 15-16 years . She always used a rubber sheet on my bed.

• Haha 1

:mellow:

I was a bedwetter too, and my Mom did keep me in diapers and plastic pants until I was 8. She wasn't sympathetic, and never even offered to buy a rubber sheet. My family acted like I did it on purpose. My brothers enjoyed hazing me about it very loudly as we walked to school. :angry2:

I really never knew what her problem was, but I did finally outgrow bed wetting when I was 12.

Peace,

Vic B)

My rubber pants were all Gerber, because I had an aunt who was an executive of the company and gave my mother diapers and rubber pants by the trunk load. My diapers were also Gerber Birdseye Cotton prefolds.

We may be lucky in most ways that we do not remember many details from when we were real babies. My baby book lists rubber pants as gifts, but as others have said any waterproof pants were called rubber pants. I do remember that my younger brother had plastic pants. As an adult, The first plastic pants i got were from a company in Ohio. I got them from a medical supply store. I admit that I am hooked on plastic pants with my diapers.

Thanks RustyPins .I hope your mother was nice to you about your bedwetting . Mine was very understanding and she kept me in night diapers and rubber pants (plastic pants)til I was 15-16 years . She always used a rubber sheet on my bed.

Yeah, she was. There were plastic mattres covers on the beds and I was always treated like a regular kid even though I bedwet. Back in the early 60's I think it was a lot more common to put kids in diapers for wetting the bed than it was in later years. I wore up until I was 6, then stopped. It was always cloth and plastic pants. Never disposable diapers. I agree that back then all waterproof baby pants were referred to as "rubber pants" even though most of them were probably vinyl plastic in the 60's.

Like Froggy, I like to use plastic pants over diapers, too. Even if using disposables. As an oldster, I don't recall if my dipers were covered in plastic pants or rubber pants, but my guess is they were rubber because of my age. I wasn't a bed wetter, so my memories of being diapered are pretty much nil. I find it very intereting to read the posts from our younger members on their diaper recollections of their early years I do remember that Gerber was the predominant supplier of infant supplies. My own infant daughters were raised with cloth diapers and plastic pants. I can't begin to imagine the number of times I had my hands in a toilet rinsing out a soiled cloth diaper for the diaper pail.

(Fun trip down memory lane)

Rat

Growing up I think some of my Granny's friends called all waterproof panties "rubber pants" but Mom and her younger sister Betsy called those "Gerber" even if made by another company. Mom and Granny always bought actual Gerber vinyl pants, then continued buying from VIP until those nice ladies decided to go out of business. These days we all buy our pull-on vinyl pants from the Kins adult division of Babykins.

Because International Latex Corporation had stopped production of the beloved PlayTex stretchy latex baby pants in 1954 (ten years before I was born) I did not know anyone who wore actual rubber panties growing up. Therefore it came as a total surprise when I discovered the joys of AB and joined DPF to read about so many folks only slightly older than myself who really enjoy latex and gum rubber pants.

I fell totally in love with Don Davis the night I met him in May of 1991, about 7 months after I started play as an AB. Only slowly after Don and I began living together did he start telling me about his own childhood. One day on-line I saw a print ad vintage 1940 promoting PlayTex baby panties, which were sold in round tubes. I considered that ad adorable, so I printed it out. When Don came home I showed him the ad. Suddenly memories came back for Don.

It turned out in early 1937, before Don turned 5, he already was a successful child actor in New York City network radio. He was hired to make a non-theatrical sales movie. Since he only acted in a handful of films, at first his memory was not clear. That sales film was to introduce PlayTex baby pants to the International Latex sales force as well as retail store managers. In that film Don played the older brother who was delighted that the baby's bottom was dry on the outside despite a soaked diaper, thanks to PlayTex stretchy latex panties.

In July 1995 Don and I started what today are called "munches" for ABDL in the Los Angeles, California, USA region. It turned out one of the nice men we met at the first of those "DPF Sunday Sizzler Brunches" had grown up in post WWII PlayTex panties. Unfortunately I cannot remember his name. He managed to collect many of the PlayTex tubes. The week after we met him he mailed me a classic PlayTex tube from 1954, one of the last produced. Inside was the remains of a pair of the latex panties. I thanked him profusely at the next monthly DPF Sizzle. The following week he mailed me a new pair of rubber pants. Those were the first actual rubber panties I ever owned. Unfortunately they were overly large for me. I ordered a pair of DPF rubber panties in my size, which arrived just in time for the next ABDL Sizzle.

To be honest, for me the effort to maintain rubber panties is not worth it. Perhaps if I had worn real rubber pants as a kid I would feel stronger for them. What makes my own AB come to life is changing from functional disposables into soft gauze diapers and then pulling on supple Kins vinyl panties. That combo takes me right back to my happy childhood.

Growing up I think some of my Granny's friends called all waterproof panties "rubber pants" but Mom and her younger sister Betsy called those "Gerber" even if made by another company. Mom and Granny always bought actual Gerber vinyl pants, then continued buying from VIP until those nice ladies decided to go out of business. These days we all buy our pull-on vinyl pants from the Kins adult division of Babykins.

Because International Latex Corporation had stopped production of the beloved PlayTex stretchy latex baby pants in 1954 (ten years before I was born) I did not know anyone who wore actual rubber panties growing up. Therefore it came as a total surprise when I discovered the joys of AB and joined DPF to read about so many folks only slightly older than myself who really enjoy latex and gum rubber pants.

I fell totally in love with Don Davis the night I met him in May of 1991, about 7 months after I started play as an AB. Only slowly after Don and I began living together did he start telling me about his own childhood. One day on-line I saw a print ad vintage 1940 promoting PlayTex baby panties, which were sold in round tubes. I considered that ad adorable, so I printed it out. When Don came home I showed him the ad. Suddenly memories came back for Don.

It turned out in early 1937, before Don turned 5, he already was a successful child actor in New York City network radio. He was hired to make a non-theatrical sales movie. Since he only acted in a handful of films, at first his memory was not clear. That sales film was to introduce PlayTex baby pants to the International Latex sales force as well as retail store managers. In that film Don played the older brother who was delighted that the baby's bottom was dry on the outside despite a soaked diaper, thanks to PlayTex stretchy latex panties.

In July 1995 Don and I started what today are called "munches" for ABDL in the Los Angeles, California, USA region. It turned out one of the nice men we met at the first of those "DPF Sunday Sizzler Brunches" had grown up in post WWII PlayTex panties. Unfortunately I cannot remember his name. He managed to collect many of the PlayTex tubes. The week after we met him he mailed me a classic PlayTex tube from 1954, one of the last produced. Inside was the remains of a pair of the latex panties. I thanked him profusely at the next monthly DPF Sizzle. The following week he mailed me a new pair of rubber pants. Those were the first actual rubber panties I ever owned. Unfortunately they were overly large for me. I ordered a pair of DPF rubber panties in my size, which arrived just in time for the next ABDL Sizzle.

To be honest, for me the effort to maintain rubber panties is not worth it. Perhaps if I had worn real rubber pants as a kid I would feel stronger for them. What makes my own AB come to life is changing from functional disposables into soft gauze diapers and then pulling on supple Kins vinyl panties. That combo takes me right back to my happy childhood.

Thanks so much for the Information,as usual you have a great understanding of bedwetting

and the use of diapers. I wet the bed well into my teens , and my mother continued to diaper me . No child abuse all very nuturing and kind she passed away and my sister took over that task . She was very kind to me and never teased me about my wetting . I do know that they both used rubber pants both Platex and a brand called Mikeyway brand .Because of my economic situation I live with my sister and yes she helps me with my diapers . I sometimes forget to put them on befor bed and she reminds me . There is absolutely no insestual activity . She still uses rubber pants (kins& Hdis)I think they are excellent .Thanks

Pins

• 1 year later...

I actaully remember being put in the peach colore rubber panties. Actually it is more properly seeing them as they were about to be put on me and that was, at the latest 1948. The color was actually orange so how they got called "pink" I do not know

I also remeber plastic panties from about the same time. I do remember feeling them and they felt smooth. Now by 1955, the ones made of grainy material had come out. My questions are when the ones made of grainy material came out and was that deliberate so that they did not have the "rubber" look and feel to them or was that just a cheap form of plastic

Being born in the mid sixties, I was and still am a bed wetter. My mom had me in cloth diapers and plastic panties untill I was about 9 or 10 years old. I suspect that by that time I was to big for the largest size of diapers and PPs that she could easly find. I can rememebr the last plastic panties she used on me were Gerber "Toddler" size. Back then I believe that Gerber had 2 diffent size ranges. Infants which probably were sized in pounds (?) and then the Toddler sizes going from XSmall to XXX large. I guess the extra large toddler sizes were intended for school age kids that still needed diapers for one reason or another.

Kleinert's had adult size rubber panties as early as 1964 and as late asw 1981. Also there was the Salk Pro-Pant, which was an AIO. I would think that your parents could have learned about either of these by asking a Dr., druggist or even looking in stores like Edgar's or other fine retail stores, The Kleinert's were in the Ladies section

• 3 years later...

The closest thing to those natural rubber or waterproof pants today I believe are the medical kind that are cloth on outside and rubber coated on inside.

As a baby, I oh-so-vaguely remember the old Gerber plastic pants. It's nearly impossible to find them, and probably for the better. I currently make waterproof pants out of PUL. It "breathes" and doesn't make you sweaty or give you a rash. I recently found some opaque white and made two pairs. They are about the closest thing to what I wore as a baby.

The first babypanties that I remember goes back to my earlie3st memory of being changed and it was the peach colored ones. I do not know what brand they were, this would have been 1948 or VERY early 1949. Unless there were other peach colored onces, they were probably Playtex

Here is something that may interest you

RUBBER PANTY MUSEUM

I have heard of Milky Way

When I wore them was during WWII. I don't remember the color or where she got them.

I know I also slept on a rubber sheet until I was around 7 years old. When my younger

was old enough to get out of his crib we shared the same bed and he was still in diapers.

Even my mom called my plastic pants "rubber pants" as a common generic term.

If you look up "plastic baby panties" on ebay, you will very often, if not most of the time, find them also called "rubber pants" to this day and the Urban Dictionary has them called "rubber diaper"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rubber+diaper&defid=1902803

I understand the British still call them "rubbers"

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=31570

Vintage baby panties on EBAY

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=vintage+baby+pants&rt=nc&_dmd=1

I was curious how rubber compares to vinyl, so I got a pair of Kins rubber pants.

Currently testing them.

First impression, wow big elastics.

Slight rubber smell, not too bad at all.

They are very comfy, rubber a bit chilly at first but that disappears quickly.

Interested to see how long they last, since my skin seems to kill vinyl.

The Kins are made of unusually thick rubber

The rubber smell was an iconic baby smell

Check on the reviews under my sig for those and several other panties

On 3/19/2012 at 4:56 PM, Christine Daryleanne said:

Kleinert's had adult size rubber panties as early as 1964 and as late as 1981. ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... looking in stores like Edgar's or other fine retail stores, The Kleinert's were in the Ladies section

The first pair of adult rubber incontinence pants that I bought in London in 1962 were Kleinert's.

As a teenager, Woolworth's "Dinky" X-large rubber babypants would stretch enough to fit;  there wasn't enough room for a nappy, but in those days I could cum by just thinking about it and they kept it all safely inside.

Edited by Wet Knight
Afterthought.

It should be understood that I use the term "rubber panties" for both rubber and plastic, as do most real people. Other such terms are "baby panties" and "baby bloomers"

Babykins is very tight-lipped about the construction of their letex panties

i wore diapers to bed up until i was 4 or 5 i believe, as my earliest memories are wearing diapers to bed. My mother was (as most people back then) were very frugal, and i remember her being very pleased by buying a multi pack of Playtex pink rubber panties that she had gotten 'On Sale' .. and i was inconsolable, and her response was it didn't matter as no one would ever see them. Probably because it was for me at the time a very traumatic event, i still remember it very clearly.