LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shrink'S Office

Had to see my shrink to get new prescriptions. During our "talk" he asked if I was "still doing the diaper thing." meaning running this site. I replied "yes, so you can't send me to the nut house as I didn't pack a diaper bag."

His response: "Oh, they have diapers!"

O.o...random and kinda funny. Can a psychologist really just up and send to the loony house? I thought that you needed like a court order or something.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

Over here in Ukland you can just ring up the National Health Service (NHS) direct line phone number and get someone sectioned.

I haven't tried this myself though.

I think its a little harder then that :P I hope it is anyway.... reminds me of that peep show episode where they all start threatening to section each other :D

I guess the ambulance peeps will check you out first... and if you're not bat poop insane they'll leave you to it. Dunno what will happen if they turn up when you're in full baby gear clutching a teddy......

Guest Diapered Jeff

When I was going to counseling sessions with a therapist, on several occasions it was tempting for me to talk about my interest in wearing diapers (and occasionally using them. I mean, I know the confidentiality agreements these people have to sign, and that unless they feel my activities are a threat to society or to myself, then they can break that confidentiality stuff, but I still very much kept my lips sealed on that. Call me nutsy, but I'd rather not take the chance of someone being an arse and wanting to ruin my life for their gain in the career-world.

Ahh when i was about 15 or 16 my parents had me see one for my fetish and suicidal tendencies. Lets just say the topic of diapers wasnt talked about too much and i basically played him to get me outta seeing him in a matter of months. Its sad that ive done a couple of systems that way. :whistling:

O.o...random and kinda funny. Can a psychologist really just up and send to the loony house?

The most they can really do is have someone sent for evaluation and then the psychiatrists at the looney bin decide if they need to keep you. I think judges are involved somewhere in that. They don't do that unless they think you are going to kill someone or yourself.

Closest i ever got to a shrink was the middle school psychologists who asked me a loaded question and then tried to tell my parents i was suicidal. Thankfully there crappy parenting came in handy then. I refuse to let some schmuck tell me that I'm nuts. Hell I don't care anymore, I even listed that I'm an abdl on my okcupid account. I figure nobody writes to me as it is.:glare:

I only see him for 10 minutes every six months, just to get my prescriptions.

I'm not nuts, I'm medicated!

So scare me to death then! My heart almost stopped when I thought they were "coming to take you away" :o You know that if they locked you in a rubber room and this site went down it wouldn't be long before many of us went nuts and joined you there :roflmao: Is there somewhere I can nominate this site for a "Best Therapist of the Decade" award? :thumbsup:

I knew a guy who once needed to buy some time to handle an oncoming lawsuit so before they could serve him the legal papers he had himself comitted for evaluation at the State facility (they can't serve legal papers to you there until you're released) on the advice of his lawyer :rolleyes: The strategy got him the time needed- and in the end nor only did it work out well, it gave him some really funny stories to tell about some of the people in general population there :whistling:

Bettypooh

Over here in Ukland you can just ring up the National Health Service (NHS) direct line phone number and get someone sectioned.

Actually, it requires two doctors and a social worker to sign off on it before somebody can be sectioned. The first doctor is supposed to be the patient's GP, the second is meant to be a shrink and the social worker is in charge of the overall process. All three have to agree. The police often become involved too if there's a chance of violence, etc.

They can hold you against your will for 72 hours then they must either release you or decide that further detainment is necessary. Then they can keep you for 28 days, which can be renewed if needed. I think it requires a magistrate's sign-off if it goes beyond a certain time-frame.

I asked a CPN how to go about it once :D

Actually, it requires two doctors and a social worker to sign off on it before somebody can be sectioned. The first doctor is supposed to be the patient's GP, the second is meant to be a shrink and the social worker is in charge of the overall process. All three have to agree. The police often become involved too if there's a chance of violence, etc.

They can hold you against your will for 72 hours then they must either release you or decide that further detainment is necessary. Then they can keep you for 28 days, which can be renewed if needed. I think it requires a magistrate's sign-off if it goes beyond a certain time-frame.

I asked a CPN how to go about it once :D

The laws vary according to where you are but generally it takes either or both a signed judicial and/or medical determination for you to be held against your will for more than a very limited time ;) And there are usually very clear and specific guidelines involved. Upon signing the documents, whoever does the committing becomes legally liable for having it done to you, so it rarely happens anymore except in extreme cases :thumbsup:

As late as the 40's and 50's many places didn't have such protections and if a couple family members wanted you put away it happened, sometimes lasting as long as 3 months :o And you had no real legal recourse or legal way to prevent them from doing it again after you were released :angry:

Unless you're a real nutcase and a severe danger to yourself or society you needn't worry about it happening to you these days B) Just don't go telling your psychiatrist about your plans to use that incontinence-causing bomb you've been working on in your garage every night for the last three months :roflmao:

Bettypooh

I thought they called them shrinks because they make you feel little, like a little baby who wets their diapers. Okay maybe not but then just say, ever since I met you, I feel regressed because after all, you are a "shrink" so now I feel the need to be a baby and wear diapers. You made me go back to my childhood and now I'm stuck there and don't want to leave. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!!!

One hears about crooked mental hospitals holding people until their insurance runs out, but that's not common.

I have been in a mental hospital for a short time for depression. In the scheme of things, an ABDL is not going to get committed just for being ABDL. My fetish never came up when I was there--my mom had died and I had lots more important things to worry about. (Sympathy is not necessary; this was over 17 years ago.)

It's more likely that people need mental health care and can't get it, than it is that someone will dime you just because you like diapers.

I once thought about seeing a psych about my ABDL fetish to see if it was anything I could change (I know, I can't), but my insurance won't cover it so I'll leave well enough alone.

I've been in the psych ward a couple of times. The last two times I was allowed to wear my gauze diapers and plastic pants. I think it depends on the ward. Being changed by a male nurse didn't creep me out the way I thought it might. I think about going back just for the three days of absolute peace under those wonderful calming meds. My current meds do a pretty good job of helping me through the hard times.

....It's more likely that people need mental health care and can't get it, than it is that someone will dime you just because you like diapers....

If you think it takes too long to get treatment at an Emergency Room, try getting Mental Health treatment when you're desperate for it :o When I was once on the verge of suicide I was told that I could get on the waiting list of a couple months to get an evaluation to see if I were actually in need of help- only because I hadn't actually attempted the act :( That was rather ludicrous considering that my gun wasn't likely to fail if I actually made the attempt and I told them that- yet still, only a "Sorry but those are the rules" response :bash:

May their children and their children's children cause them every possible heartbreak and grief until their own deaths :boxing:hopefully via suicide :ninja:

Not being hateful here, only seeking justice for those who can help but won't.

Bettypooh