LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pull Ups Vs Diapers

BBB

As an 'older' kid of 8 to 10 * My mood ages or regresses me :) * I would love to have a good pull up that would fit properly and absorb well, which is defiantly not the drek sold as adult protective underwear. I would especially like it if someone (I'm talking to you BHG) had a juvenile looking product like goodnights, pull ups, underjams etc. Tena for men is a poor first step, in that it kinda has the looks (kind of sorta tries to look like normal mens briefs), but it is not absorbent enough or well enough padded to compete with real kids pulls ups. Plus like others said there is enjoyment to had from the naughtiness of having an accident in a pull up, which you are wearing with the hopes of learning to stay dry. Another thing that is important to me that I don't believe anyone has mentioned yet is an aspect related to the look of a real pullup type product where it looks like it is trying to be 'pretend big kid underwear'. Also as an older kid like me who is still trying to learn to keep his pants dry, it would be wonderfully embarrassing to have to forgo wearing 'real underwear' and instead be made to wear pretend underwear.

"Now don't make a fuss - these are not diapers they are 'big boy pullups' - see how they look like underwear?" No Mom - I think we all know they are diapers, but at least I am not on my back in the living room floor with my pants around my ankles.

Now for long car rides, plane trips, activities that might keep us away from a restroom I probably need to be in a diaper - With some protest of course ;) And night time? Well I certainly need a full diaper for bed, unless you want soaked sheets and PJ's.

But I would love to have some good pullups.

-Todd

I vote for diapers. I have tried pull ups and they are more convenient, but they leak way too easily. When I work I wear medline air active's, they have the stretchy tapes so you can actually pull them down and back up if you need to use a bathroom. Plus they are good at not leaking. I've done 2 wettings in them. I have never trusted them for a third. And they're discreet under clothes and don't make a lot of noise removing in a bathroom. So they're kind of good for when you don't want anyone to know you're diapered. But I really like plastic back diapers. That's kind of the fun of wearing them. Hearing that great 'crinkle' when you walk and hoping nobody else does, or maybe secretly hoping they do hear it and give you an odd look so you can get embarrassed.

While pullups can be convenient for those times you want to be discreet, work, the gym etc. they just can't compete with the holding capacity of a true diaper, I'd never trust a pullup on a road-trip. Plus diapers just simply feel much better wrapped up around me. I would though enjoy some adult sized pullups with the designs that come on their smaller counterparts, they've got them up to goodnites and underjams why stop there.

• 3 weeks later...

if they made pull ups like huggies or pampers made them then I would wear those. I dont like adult pull ups because well to start they look pretty girly. Also there isnt alot of padding.

I dont think they are very reliable and so......

anyway I do own quite a few pair of cloth pull up all in ones. I also have the cloth velcro trainers. I LOVE those!

DIAPERS all the way. I'v been wearing bambino diapers and nothing is like the thick feeling of a diaper between your legs. People have been talking about the babish feeling, I think diapers are far more babyish either wet or dry. To hear the crinkle of a diaper as you walk and if you mess your diaper, how babyish is that....lol Pull-ups are still a diapers but they are a just in case diaper that says yea I kinda know how to potty but still have a accident now an then so I am protectd. Plus diaper changes are so much easier with diapers than pull-ups. You don't have to disrobe to put a tape diaper on. With pullup diapers, you have to take pants off shoes sometimes and the fit is just not there. With diapers you can get them nice and snug, have the top of the diaper stick out of your pants if you want and talk about exciting when you have people see the top of your diaper sticking out. Diapers all the way......

DIAPERS ARE FOR BABYS THIS IS THE BIG KID AREA

SO REG UNDERWARE [WET AS A RULE NOT LONG AFTER A CHANGE]

TRAINING PANTS PULLS DAY TIME AT HOME OR PLAYING OUT SIDE

DIAPERS FOR NIGHT UNDER PROTEST RIDES SHOPPING ECT

• 5 months later...

X2, pullups just don't do it for me, they are a hamburger when you really want a steak.

That's an interesting way to put it.

I like... :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I wear pull-ups to work most every day because I try to be a big girl and use the potty, but my job is such that I can't always drop everything and run when I gotta go, so sometimes part or all of it ends up in my pants before I get to the restroom. Better safe than sorry. They are thin and discreet and don't bunch up like diapers have a tendency to do when I move around a lot. The disadvantage is when I fill one up I have to take my shoes and pants off to change.

I generally wear diapers in the evenings and on weekends because they provide better protection and are easier to deal with. As a general rule in our home toilet privileges are revoked on weekends and holidays, so it's not like I have much of a choice.

• Like 3

Well, this IS the adult KID section. We're big boys and girls, not silly babies. :P

Yeah, well, my mommy is mean, and she makes up all sorts of excuses to make me wear diapers. The other day, she didn't think I was doing my work enough, so she tanned my bottom and made me wear a diaper and a binky the rest of my shift. :(

For all sorts of practical reasons, I wear pull-ups (Abena Abri-Flex M3) during the day for the most part, unless I'm just staying home, and diapers to bed or for special occasions such as going to a movie. Having the ability to use the potty but still be protected against accidents is the best thing about pull-ups. Since I'm in grad school, I can spend all day there in a pull-up without having to worry about leaking from an over-saturated diaper.

One of the nice things that I like about the Abri-Flex is that they feel bulky between my legs, but are a little more discreet under pants. Better than that, though, is that they actually provide good protection. I could have a full blown (wetting) accident in one without any anxiety about a leak.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't trust pullups period. To me they aren't even conveniant except if i have to go #2, aside from that i dont trust them not to leak not a fan of the look or feel either. and by "convenient for #2" I mean they're easier to pull down or take off to use the potty.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to think I really don't have a choice. I've tried potty training with pull-ups but I just wet whenever I have a diaper on, so the mental thought process for me is sort of like, I'm gonna wet regardless so I have to wear diapers. I don't really know. Maybe when I have a mommy someday, she will want me in them, but I don't know.

Diapers for me :)

I would say that diapers are a lot better if you are wetting a lot,as most pull-ups are realy only for small amounts of wetting,i have tried pull-ups but found that they did not realy hold a lot of urine.

But a diaper will hold a lot more,and there is not as mutch chance of hem leaking,even if you are a heavy wetter or if you are going to be wetting a lot,during the day or even if you wet a lot at night.

Bearing in mind that this is the adult kid board - and as such the utility of the pull up isn't really a question (At least in the sense if you posted this in the incon board there would be a very valid question regarding the practicality, absorbency and effectiveness of pullups). For the purpose of being a 'kid' I would like a good 'kid like' pull up, maybe one for daytime wear and diapers at night, or maybe even have a situation where pull ups proove insufficient in keeping my pants dry and so it is back into diapers. I would love a situation where I wear pull ups during the day and am diapered when needed (Overnights, car trips, etc) provided the pull ups were styled correctly.

• Like 1