LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Medical Supplies While On Active Duty

I am currently an Active Duty Marine, and the other day my Urologist gave me a pescription for silicone catheters and size medium adult briefs(diapers). But when I went to Material Distrabutions at the Naval Hospital they didn't have the supplies, so they sent me to the Pharmacy at the Naval Hospital. They also didn't have the supplies, so they sent me back to the doctor who wrote the perscription. Long story short, no one knows how to get the supplies I need. So I was just wondering if anyone has gone through this or if anyone knows how to get the supplies without having to pay for them out of pocket.

• 5 months later...

I am currently an Active Duty Marine, and the other day my Urologist gave me a pescription for silicone catheters and size medium adult briefs(diapers). But when I went to Material Distrabutions at the Naval Hospital they didn't have the supplies, so they sent me to the Pharmacy at the Naval Hospital. They also didn't have the supplies, so they sent me back to the doctor who wrote the perscription. Long story short, no one knows how to get the supplies I need. So I was just wondering if anyone has gone through this or if anyone knows how to get the supplies without having to pay for them out of pocket.

Call tricare they have a form that your primary care doctor will fill out and the will reimburse you for an outside purchas once you send in the reciept. I know because i did it with abina x-plus. the diapers that i got from supply did not work at all.

oef/oif 2006-2008

Hey Bobby,

First off as a former Marine, how are you not being medically discharged due to your issue? I have seen many Marines medically discharged over much smaller issues.

I deal with the Loma Linda VA Urology on a pretty regular basis and they usually do their best to take care of me (note that I said their best).

Semper Fi,

Mike

Hey Bobby,

First off as a former Marine, how are you not being medically discharged due to your issue? I have seen many Marines medically discharged over much smaller issues.

I deal with the Loma Linda VA Urology on a pretty regular basis and they usually do their best to take care of me (note that I said their best).

Semper Fi,

Mike

I'll chime in. He never said that it was a permanent problem. It could be caused by any number of things and may just be temporary. Perhaps if it were to be permanent that would be the case. The Marines like to keep their investments. It took them almost 1 1/2 years to medically discharge me and I was in a Wheelchair and in diapers too! They tried to fix (Tried :rolleyes:) but in the end.. I had to go. Shame I lived the Corp. Semper Fi. :thumbsup:

I suppose medical discharge or not may depend on the type of job you do in the Military. After all, there are plenty of people who sit behind desks and push papers all day.

Sounds good, but understand, the military and more specifically the Marines do not function like that. In the Marines you are a basic Infantry Man/Woman if you can't go to combat, they don't want you. I was a Electronics tech and held the highest security clearance you could get. Think Pentagon, when I could no longer fight on the front line (Not that I was ever going to, mind you) I was out the door. I did however keep my $24,000 reenlistment bonus, so that was a small plus. :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Semper Fi to all my brothers.

Thanks your active duty time with our Corps and I hope you have found the answer to your question.

Honu,

Capt USMC, 1981-1987

• 4 weeks later...

I Have an Army Hon. Discharge and am currently on VA disability for Sacral root nerve injury, and incontinence 60% rated and I get free diapers from the VA. although they are pretty cheap, being Wings Choice Plus.

I was in Fourth Infantry Division Mechanized Artillery Headquarters and Headquarters Battery Division Artillery, Whew! that's a mouth full! I guess it's easier to say HHB 4th DIVARTY at Fort Carson, CO.

• 1 month later...

I live in Tucson, AZ and get all my meds, diapers, etc at the VA hospital here in Tucson without any problem. I agree, the diapers they send me (Depends) are pretty bad, but not as bad as the Wings. The VA does have a limited selection of diaper brands they use. The best barnd I've found is the Depends and I stopped using them about 4 months ago and started buying the Abena XPlus, or using cloth diapers. I maybe be able to get the VA to purchase the Abena XPlus, but it has been a battle that has taken time.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the replies. I did end up going through TriWest and they paid for me to get my supplies from an out in town medical supplier. I finished riding out my 5 year enlistment and received a Honorable Discharge. Now I'm back in my home state seeing a local VA medical center and using their supplies. I was released from the Corps with a 60% Service-Connected Disability Rating. So now like many others, I will be trying to get better diapers than the Wings Choice Plus I currently receive.

Semper Fi

SGT, USMC

2005-2010

i'm not a vet but i do research business ideas and on a fed site the va was looking for adult diapers suppliers.. they wanted x amount for x price ...the issues i saw imeadiatly was they wanted to buy the diapers for what turned out to be .23 a diaper..... so i wouldnt expect getting good diapers from the VA......

• 5 months later...

Withing six months of my return from the Persian Gulf I started having urinary & fecal incontinence. My diagnosis was made at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and later reconfirmed by the doctors at the National Naval Medical Center and they both performed every test possible. The incontinence was secondary to my multiple sclerosis. The doctor will issue a request for "DIAPERS"!! What you get is what they have in the pharmacy!! If you are remotely located they are shipped thru the supply line by the Pharmacy's Supply Officer. If at a Military installation with a hospital they are a common stock item (Medline Wings classic). If they do not have in stock or the diapers do not work for you then the doctor will reissue the Prescription for a product that will meet your needs. Also ask your Urologist or Gastro doctors as they are more informed what is available. The pharmacy supply has a catalog of products that they can choose from. If they still can't provide something that works then go to the hospital's patient affairs and patient advocate. I was military supplied diapers for over 6 years out of my 26 1/2 yrs before my multiple sclerosis got to the point where I could not perform my job and I was medically retired.

Well i aint no marine im a national guardsman but i have 2 yrs left and im doin the 24/7 wearing except on guard duty i am fixin to go to afghanistan im only worried they will find out i still wet the bed sometimes im hoping they wont till after my deployment so i can still feel as if i did my part i wana go and dunt wana get discharged bcuz i still wet the bed my goal is to eventualy get a retirement but. that mite not hapen ne thoughts? thanks for yalls service marines and vets

Well i aint no marine im a national guardsman but i have 2 yrs left and im doin the 24/7 wearing except on guard duty i am fixin to go to afghanistan im only worried they will find out i still wet the bed sometimes im hoping they wont till after my deployment so i can still feel as if i did my part i wana go and dunt wana get discharged bcuz i still wet the bed my goal is to eventualy get a retirement but. that mite not hapen ne thoughts? thanks for yalls service marines and vets

Then there's a good reason the "12 month" program isn't working for you...it's right here...

You don't really want to be full incon, cuz it'll cost ya...

Why dose it no come as a supprise the way our service personnel are treated,not only those on active duty but also those who are no longer active,it is time that these people who are willing to put there lives on the line are given a lot better treatment.

I honestly do hope that you will be able to get the medical supplies that you require,and that you do not need to get them by having to pay for the out of your own pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have good news and bad for you. The good news is that I have known a few people that wear diapers in the army besides me. One was a flight mechanic on helicopters and he had no chose but to wear. He ended up doing 23 years and then retiring. On of my 1SG was the same way, the reason I know about him is because he found out about me and we sat down and talked. No I never told him everything about me, yes I walked that fine line to save myself. I have also known people that where forced out because of it also. It just comes down to the doctors and how hard you are willing to fight to keep your job.

For me there is no fighting anymore for my job. I sign my papers next week for my MEB to be complete. Hope you the best in your fight to keeping your job. But the good news is that it looks like I will be getting 50% at least.

Well good luck out there and remember to change before you leak.......It is hard to explain to your soldiers why your wet.