LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Windows 7

I'm looking up reviews for it now.

But I have to ask.. should I get the upgrade?

I'm running XP Professional with Services packs 1 and 2 mind you. Not vista. I didn't really like Vista. But from what I see of Windows 7 it has a lot of cool new stuff like pinning to the bottom of the taskbar.

-Sophie

we've been using windows 7 on the school computers for a while, and i'm pretty sure i'll get a copy when the school is allowed to sell them to us. It will only be about $10 for me to get one, and i do like it better than vista.

I like it a lot so far. The pinning is great for fast access to programs; and they finally added a proper screen capture tool as well as better sticky notes to make notes on your desktop. They revamped Paint into a decent little art program.

Got the Ultimate version from MS' PR team, so it was free. But I would have paid for it!

I like it a lot so far. The pinning is great for fast access to programs; and they finally added a proper screen capture tool as well as better sticky notes to make notes on your desktop. They revamped Paint into a decent little art program.

Got the Ultimate version from MS' PR team, so it was free. But I would have paid for it!

It is worth nothing that "pinning to the taskbar" is just the same as the old quicklaunch; and the proper screen capture tool; if you're referring to snip; is in Vista already :3 Just putting it out there~

I'm a Mac girlie, so I haven't followed too closely :3

i'm getting a mac this wnter, so normally wouldn't really care about upgrading my OS, but since i can get it for $10 i figure i may as well, cause i dont plan on getting rid of this computer when i get my macbook

The old quicklaunch was limited to showing three icons and then it went to an annoying sub menu. Now you can set programs all the way across.

The new search is really nice too.

Axshually; if you right click the task bar and uncheck "Lock the Taskbar"; you can resize the quick-launch to as large or as small as you prefer :3

The new implementation is pretty much the OSX dock, verbatim; however. Whereby the same icon you use the launch the app becomes the icon you use to select it again~

Everything old is new again, huh?

I tried it out about 2 months ago, when I put it on a friends laptop that crashed. Seemed very smooth, and quite quick. I understood that it was based on XP's coding..with a vista look...plus a bunch of hop-ups. Anyway I will go to it when I'm sure the drivers are available... I heard that there is a short coming right now for compatible drivers on it. Course all that from the internet, so I take it with a grain of salt. I was able to use Vista drivers for the other laptop to get the sound working. Then again that was the Beta release for it, and as such wasn't exactly perfect.

For Sophie..Your a service pack behind there you need to get 3 yet... I just got service pack 2 for Vista the other day...have no clue what it was though :huh: But I know my explorerer Window isn't crashing anymore...so that's good!

I tried it out about 2 months ago, when I put it on a friends laptop that crashed. Seemed very smooth, and quite quick. I understood that it was based on XP's coding..with a vista look...plus a bunch of hop-ups. Anyway I will go to it when I'm sure the drivers are available... I heard that there is a short coming right now for compatible drivers on it. Course all that from the internet, so I take it with a grain of salt. I was able to use Vista drivers for the other laptop to get the sound working. Then again that was the Beta release for it, and as such wasn't exactly perfect.

For Sophie..Your a service pack behind there you need to get 3 yet... I just got service pack 2 for Vista the other day...have no clue what it was though :huh: But I know my explorerer Window isn't crashing anymore...so that's good!

Axshually; it's got nothing to do with XP. It's Windows Vista, plus a little tiny bit extra; it's not even a full point release of the OS. 98% of Vista drivers work for 7 verbatim so there's very little driver issues, either ~

The old quicklaunch was limited to showing three icons and then it went to an annoying sub menu. Now you can set programs all the way across.

The new search is really nice too.

Actually, you just unlock the taskbar, resize to fit and lock it again. I currently have about 20 quick launch icons that always show with no sub menu in Vista. =)

Guest MunchKitten

I've been using 7 for.. 2 months now on both computers? works wonderfully on my laptop, my desktop spends every other day busted (like now!), stupid hardware!. I quite like it, and I got my copy for free (home premium) since my laptop qualified for the update :D

I tried the RC, my reaction was a bit 'meh' to be honest, it's slicker, for sure but just because it isn't the absolute donkey that Vista is doesn't make it worthwhile to me. I'm still relatively happy with Vista/XP dual-boot and don't see much reason for immediate upgrade. I'll wait until everybody else has suffered through the inevitable bugs and might consider upgrading when SP1 comes along.

Guest MunchKitten

my laptop came with vista, it never got booted LMAO, I just threw in the 7 disk and installed it... I just wish this laptop could game (can do WoW ok, but that is about it (it gets a 3.7 on the experience test).... my desktop gets 1.7 because of a fubard processor.. otherwise it'd get 4.9 because of my cheap ram.

Installed Windows 7 today; I'm liking it so far. Faster and smoother than Vista.

Installed windows 7! Why? Did it not work the other six times? Windows 7 is supposed to be the fix to Vista, which was the fix to XP, which was the fix to ME, which was the fix to 2000, NT4, 95, NT, 3.1, 3. Can you not learn from history - MICROSOFT CANT MAKE SOFTWARE THAT WORKS. They have tried ten plus times. I've heard the phrase 'f at first you don't succeed, try try try again' ... but nowhere does it say - rip of the customer at every chance, and if you fail, blaim it on the customer.

Microsoft is the company responsible for setting the 'were not responsible for the product that you buy - if it does what we say it does, then OK, if it doesn't, that is your loss'. This is in direct conflict to sales of goods and services acts 'goods must be of merchantable quality, suitable for the purpose that they were sold.'

Microsoft logo is 'Where do you want to go today?' and the answer is 'to a computer that can increase the speed of production, not need constant updates to fix what should have been in the original model, not need re-boot if I try to do some work... and the list goes on.