LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Foods You Hated As A Kid But Like Now

When I was a kid , I was a very picky eater (and frankly , im not much better now ,I just complain less)

But now I (usually) eat my veggies, and I like whole wheat bread alot more then white bread now.

What Im saying i guess is that. Are their foods you like now that you hated as a kid?

Theres lots of veggies I like now, like carrots, peas, runner beans etc. Still pretty picky on that side of things. And I never used to like gravy, now i can't have a sunday lunch with out drowning it in the stuff :P. Whats changed the most is what I've gone off eating... I don't eat many sweets anymore just chocolate mainly, used to live off them :P, and my tastes in general now run to the savory side.

as it goes im not a fussy eater and never have been....i come accross fussy though as i am allergic to so many things...the worse it baked beans!!...i became allergic while i was pregnant and have tryed them a few times since all leading to a bad result....not good having steriods pumped into you!

i think there are a few odd things i loved, like black olives, that i cant touch since i was pregnant, however i now like marmite now....

one thing i wish i could eat was pate...i miss it so much, and as soon as we have another baby i will be eating it till i am sick!!! :)

hugs

juniper

xxx

Guest Mummys Cute Little Lucy

Things I like now that I never used to... basically Green things! and plenty of others too actually!

I used to be sooo fussy... I can thank/blame my mother-in-law for changing that

As a kid I refused spicy food and now I live on it. Still hate squash and don't like cheese, except on pizza. As a kid I ate a lot of mayo and now I don't. Time passes and change is inevitable. Daoism.

For me it's the other way around. I used to eat a heck of a lot more as a kid then I do now. Having cancer at a very young age (21 months)has left my taste buds burnt up from the radiation. Now, I don't think they use it on children that young anymore. Now there are a lot of vegetables I won't eat and some fruits also. I can't remember the treatments I had to go through and my mom says it's a damn good thing! She even gave me a swear word to say at that young age. "I have to go for my DAMN treatment now!" That made me fell empowered. If she only knew the words I know now. :lol:

My mother always overcooked the veggies so that was my least favorite. Now that I discovered steaming and grilling them I love them

Never liked cow tongue and never will.

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

http://socalab.250x.com

When I was a kid , I was a very picky eater (and frankly , im not much better now ,I just complain less)

But now I (usually) eat my veggies, and I like whole wheat bread alot more then white bread now.

What Im saying i guess is that. Are their foods you like now that you hated as a kid?

I was never allowed to be a picky eater in my family. I was raised by my Grandmother who lived through the depression. She'd whoop some arse if you stuck your nose up and didn't eat what was at the dinner table. I learned to like everything as a result.

Although, I had a face off with my Gramma once over fried eggplant, I sat there for 2 hours staring it down determined not to eat it. Eventually my Grandmother won and I ate the eggplant. Turns out fried eggplant is pretty darn good and is now one of my favorite items she cooks for me.

~Brian

I loved hot dogs and baked beans as a kid. Now I cant stand them.

I know its supposed to be foods you didn't eat then but do now, but its more that i used to love them then, but dont eat them now.

I do eat more salads now, as a child i could not stand any sort of raw vegitable, except carrots. I did then, and still do now, absolutely LOVE cooked vegitables, just as a child couldn't stand raw ones, but now i eat salad, which is mostly all raw veggies.

Most everything. My parents didn't know how to cook worth a damn when I was growing up, so I was forced to endure soggy, boiled to death vegatables, and dry, hard to chew, overcooked meat. I would only willingly eat macaroni and cheese or pizza.

Now, after becoming an adult, I have learned the fine arts of cooking and baking, and enjoy many foods I would not eat before. I have an open mind when it comes to new foods, and will try just about anything.

Not mushrooms, though. I still hate mushrooms. Lousy fungus.

Back then I was one of four kids in a middle class/poor family so we either ate what was given us or went hungry as somebody ate what you didn't. There wasn't any food to waste and everything got eaten huh.gif The only exception was veggies- they were mandantory. You ate them or clandestinely sneaked them to your sibling who liked that particular one, and received from them the same way ninja.gif Our parents never caught on to that trick and we all still get a good laugh about that laugh.gif Growing up into a rebellious anarchist I stopped eating veggies mainly beacuse of all that till about my mid 30's when I rediscovered their tastiness wub.gif I could be a vegetarian now but I don't want to- I like being am omnivore biggrin.gif

I also used to love milk- now I hate it unless it's cooked in something else till you can't taste it or in the form of Ice Cream. My dairy input is mostly cheese these days. Sweets and chocolate are a prerequisite to life (same as always) but unlike then, they make me fat now so I have to watch those sad.gif I still love Cream of Wheat, Oatmeal, and Raisin toast which most people from here 'outgrow' tongue.gif Food sensetivities/allergies keep me away from some of the things I used to eat but that's OK- there's so much more cuisine to explore from the garden that I'll always be happy with what I can still eat.

Bettypooh

I still love Cream of Wheat, Oatmeal, and Raisin toast which most people from here 'outgrow' tongue.gif Food sensetivities/allergies keep me away from some of the things I used to eat but that's OK- there's so much more cuisine to explore from the garden that I'll always be happy with what I can still eat.

Outgrow cream of wheat and oatmeal?? Heck, I grew into that stuff! I used to HATE oatmeal - my stepmother made it really gross to me - really thin and sickly sweet with gobs of white sugar...But once I learned to make it on my own, I made it a little thicker and experimented. I LOVE oatmeal so many ways now. Cream of Wheat is good too. I've never liked raisin bread though.

~ moogle

Guest TBinthehoodie

i used to hate alot of vegies but as time went the only vegie i'll eat without issue is green beans and corn on the cob....... with lots of butter and spices