LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Just Wondering

That's not a bad idea...

But I never use my cloth diapers. I'll wear them sometimes, but wetting them is such a hastle to clean... I just never do it anymore. Plus I don't have the pleasure of a personal washer and dryer.

-Sophie

I use cloth baby diapers all the time, I can still wear a 27 X 27 birdseye flat diaper which fits me very well, luckly I have small hips 34" and 170 lbs. I use flat diapers with toddler prefolds as stuffers (in between my flat diapers) 6 - 8 diapers work very well and also hold a lot of fluid, Just wandering if anyone else uses cloth baby diapers.

For many years I have used Gerber baby Birdseye pre-folds as soakers. For me 27" square flat gauze diapers are not quite large enough as the outer part. Instead I buy 36" square 2-play gauze diapers from Adult Cloth Diaper Company. The Gerber pre-folds I buy in stores such as Babies-R-Us when available. They last a long time because the soakers are not pinned. I use ordinary baby diaper pins. For me they are large enough. Fortunately I bought a lot of diaper pins long ago because they are hard to find today.

Dear Angela,

About 10 years ago, my sister-in-law was determined she was going to use "real" diapers on her first born..... Was a bit of a pain about it to rest of family, on and on about environmental issues. Well, as time wore on...she realized what a pain it is, particularly when traveling, which they did a lot with the new baby. The result was she ditched about 7 dozen diapers of various kinds. Since she had made such a point of it, family and friends had given her a lot..... So..she decided to get rid of most of them. I told her I had a use for them, polishing cars, cleaning stuff, stain rags in my shop, etc... So I got about 3 dozen of very different types. About 1 dozen made it to the shop. The rest I use... At least 5 have a very thick synthetic soaker pad in the middle and they work great. I like them because they not only add bulk, but actual absorbant power!! If I add 3-4 in my adult cloth diaper, I can go for 8 hrs without a leak, very unusual for cloth diapers and plastic pants. They also make the laundry a bit easier since they dry faster than my adult diapers.

So I fully understand your question. I think they are great, but becoming harder to find. I still remember when you could go to a supermarket and find cloth diapers and plastic pants for babys. How things change.

Wetpants

Rob

Hi Rob, what a charming remembrance! It also proves just how long quality cotton diapers last when given decent care.

My Mom was very much anti-disposable when we were growing up during the 1960s. The summer of 1972, when our youngest sister Missy was almost 3, she got sick with runny poop on our return from vacation. Mom, our younger brother and my sisters all were wearing classic Curity 21x40 gauze diapers, just in case. During the first hour Mom had to change Missy twice. With the stash of clean Curities dwindling, we stopped at a supermarket in a small town south of Fresno. Mom sent my oldest sister Penny into the store to buy a box of Pampers. That was a family first. Mom and Penny spoiled a couple of the Pampers figuring out how to use them, so they sent me to buy another box. The next time we bought disposables was August of 1981 when I was leaving for university to study pre-law.

Missy was the only one of my sisters to day-wet during high school, by which time I was in university. Missy did wear Attends in school, but stuck with Curity gauze diapers at night. Flash forward to late 1989. Missy was very pregnant. While we were talking at her home she confided that she had decided along with her husband they would be using only disposables on their child. Having come to appreciate the convenience of Attends I was not the least surprised, but Missy begged me to keep this a secret from our Mom. Early in January 1990 Missy delivered her daughter Karen. Of course the hospital used disposables. Much to our delight, Mom brought a case of Pampers with her to the hospital. Neither of our other sisters have children. Both our sisters-in-law only used disposables. Sure, green is swell, but when Karen was born Missy already was established as a movie costumer. She could not afford the time to scrub poop out of cloth diapers.

Neither of us mess our cloth diapers. When I feel I might be sick I switch to Attends classic briefs.

Mom established the family tradition of making friends with factory reps dealing with plastic pants and cotton diapers. Although disposables dominate the baby diaper industry, I still have good friends at Gerber and also am buddies with Babies-R-Us buyers. That is how I learn when a case of Birdseye pre-folds is about to arrive. A year ago I still had a pack of a dozen un-opened in an older case when I had the chance to buy another case of 6 dozen. Although they last, I believe you can never have too many cloth diapers.

Previously I mentioned quality diaper pins. Years ago a friend who was the local sales rep for The First Years phoned to say they were discontinuing the cat #3200. I really love those diaper pins made with slightly larger stainless wire than usual. They have larger than average plastic duck heads. Back in the DPF column I often mentioned them and I might have mentioned them to the rep. Anyway he said his boss told him to send me the remaining case if I wanted them. I still have many cards of those 3200 un-opened. My husband Don has developed the art of sharpening used 3200. I do not remember the last time I opened a card of them.

Angela,

Very nice response. I also guess part of it is an age thing. When I was in college, I had to hunt far and wide for adult diapers and plastic pants...then...miracle of miricles, they came out with disposables, the flat folded two tape ones. At first I was in heaven...no clean up, just "wet and forget" so to speak...dump them in trash on campus. But those early disposables were terrible, leaks all the time. I wore one to a movie, fortunately by myself, and leaked. Glad the theater emptied in the dark.

So I keep coming back to cloth diapers, mostly cotton flannel, which was used in my Stay-Dry all in one diaper pants. As I am sure Don will remember however, I have a strong affection for real rubber pants since I was raised on Playtex rubber pants. What kind of plastic or rubber pants do you use?

Rob

Hi Rob, as a matter of fact, both of us well remember your affection for PlayTex Stretchy Latex Baby Panties. Probably you remember Don co-starred in the International Latex industrial sales film made early in 1937 that explained PlayTex panties to retailers. My Mom was born in 1937, years before Gerber started making vinyl pants. Her mother, my Granny Vi, has often told me about how PlayTex panties revolutionized diapering. Later PlayTex made adult sizes which Granny Vi wore. Of course shortly after Pearl Harbor civilian use of rubber and latex was restricted and PlayTex did not return to the market until late 1945. By the time Mom reverted to bedwetting in 1949 Gerber had introduced their vinyl panties in sizes way beyond Toddler Large.

Since PlayTex stopped making baby panties in 1954 or so, I never wore those. Mom bought Gerber vinyl panties up through Toddler Large at a local Woolworth and the larger sizes by mail from the Gerber factory in Three Oaks, Michigan USA. Mom and Granny Vi became good pals with the ladies of Gerber, who became VIP when Gerber sold them the factory.

My return to using gauze diapers and separate waterproof panties was a result of my falling in love with Don Davis in 1991. Then he was a widower with a house and a set of Maytag washer and dryer. A couple of times a week he would take me and the wet contents of my diaper pail to his house. While those were being washed we would have dinner. That October we were married.

In June of 1991 the first waterproof panties I tried were some new Rubber Duckies, which were coated Nylon and okay for use when I was moving around. I also was given several pair of ProHealth panties. Those came in vivid colors and were made of boilable vinyl. Many of my photos show me wearing the nearly opaque ProHealth panties, which lasted a long time. Sadly, about Christmas 1991 the ProHealth factory burned, melting their inventory. After that I bought some panties from VIP and from Lange/Edley. In 1992 my friend Crissy Penn designed a new style vinyl pant, with forward facing leg holes. Crissy made a deal with Gary Manufacturing in San Diego. In exchange for her designs they made Crissy's panties. Now several firms sell those panties, since Gray is only wholesale. I bought them from VIP of Whittier until they went out of business.

For nearly ten years I have only bought thin soft vinyl pants From Kins of Canada, cat 10300V. Those have conventional leg holes. In use those stretch so they become a custom fit.

Vinyl pants should not be tight and the elastic should be relaxed. The goal is the pants be long enough the excess can stay tucked into the waist of the cloth diaper. When the fit is correct there is soft vinyl around the legs that can cling to your skin. That cling, not the elastic, is what reduces leaks.

Aloha Ya'll!

So much good stuff and memories of cloth diapering! Mahalo everyone. All I can, besides my thanks for such great reading material, is that I have found two sources for diaper pins. I've bought metal head diaper pins in pink and blue at Hancock Fabrics. As for plastic head, there is an e-bay seller who gets them in bulk (probably from China) in an assortment of colors. This guy pushes them for wrestling because of getting "pinned" on the mat. Okay, whatever. Not only can diaper pins be sharpened, but with a little knowledge of metallurgy and an oxyacetylene torch you can also temper the points and make them last longer!

I've successfully made baby pants of PUL using enclosed elastics. I have no problem with them, but BabyMaggie reacts with the PUL against her skin. I'm looking forward to trying ProCare sometime in the near future. What can I say? I like the old style effectiveness, enviromentally friendly and cost effectiveness of cloth but want to apply the latest ideas and technology to it.

Honu

Hi Rob, as a matter of fact, both of us well remember your affection for PlayTex Stretchy Latex Baby Panties........

Vinyl pants should not be tight and the elastic should be relaxed. The goal is the pants be long enough the excess can stay tucked into the waist of the cloth diaper. When the fit is correct there is soft vinyl around the legs that can cling to your skin. That cling, not the elastic, is what reduces leaks.

At the risk of running this discussion on and on, I feel I need to reply.

It's a toss up to pick my favorite plastic pants, I like the milky white pants in 7 mil (the thick ones). The remind me of an "institutional setting" which is the basis of many fantasies. I began writing about my fantasies in the '80's starting with "Rob's Story"....which I have since seen in many "variations" and authors over the years. My original copy was lost when my Apple IIe died a horrible death.

But, for plastic I buy Suprima or Fetware, or now Yuyun. I have amassed a large collection over the years... And while the choices now are staggering, back in the "early" days, about all I could find were Sani-Pac (not bad if you got the smooth plastic) or some miserable "Priva" like pants. I vividly remember the ads for the Malaysian Rubber Pants...but could not order them.

Still rubber pants are my favorite. AC Medical (relatively cheap) or Protex (relatively expensive) have a very nice dipped latex panty that is patronizingly strong and fits tightly. But my ideal would be the pants in the pictures I have attached.... If anyone knows where to find these types of pants....LET ME KNOW!!

post-3638-12529341361808_thumb.jpg

post-3638-12529341361808_thumb.jpg

"My return to using gauze diapers and separate waterproof panties was a result of my falling in love with Don Davis in 1991. Then he was a widower with a house and a set of Maytag washer and dryer. A couple of times a week he would take me and the wet contents of my diaper pail to his house. While those were being washed we would have dinner. That October we were married."

Ahhh the age old tale....Man finds woman...Woman finds man.....Diapers and Panties....a Maytag set...dinner..... then Marriage...it's a classic....one we have seen many times before, but yet still brings a tear to my eye.....Priceless!!! :thumbsup:

I would have a copy to that except I had Whirlpool...damn it!!! :P

p.s. I know I saw those Rubber panties somewhere...I have another look around soon....see if I can help. ;)

I'm new here but, at the young age of 61, not new to rubber pants. So in answer to your question, wetpants, have you tried the molded "nappy pants" as they call them by Fetisso?

Someone in this thread mentioned one of Fetisso's two abdl oriented products (the more commonly sole and visible product) and said they were low cut. Yes, this is so. But the other item they make (the rest of their many designs serve the "heavy rubber" market) is as pictured - not unlike the image you posted and I am guessing somewhat similar to the kind of thing that a toddler in the thirties might have worn if his mommy had money - tho I am also guessing that these would have been sewn, not molded.

Fetisso's own site is fetisso.com but there is not much there of interest to us. Instead, try a canadian site, Kalesenterprises.com Nice guy. Name of Heimo Hakuli - Fin if I recall. Enter this url in your address bar: http://www.kalesenterprises.com/newproducts.htm#Dip1

item DLT-NYP-BL17 is what I am referring to. That is his "product number" (sigh). Fetisso's product number is 4620 I think. Heimo's site is a little wonky but he is sincere and honest and easily the cheapest guy in town. His photos do not show it but the fetisso product does come in "natural".

It is truly an amazing piece of rubber. Indestructible. You could run a team of horses with it. Better, it does not require talc. The latex is treated (I seem to remember something to do with chlorine gas) to make it permanently non-sticky. Four sizes and a choice of colours and, by the way, thicknesses. Most of the stuff you see on Heimo's site he make himself and will do custom orders of any kind, pretty solid work. He makes the stuff himself - no 10buckanhour elves in the back room.

I think Fetisso's designer based their sizing on a german model because I am 6 feet with a 32 waist and the small is still a little loose at the waist for me. Nonetheless, "the cadillac of rubber pants", as I saw it described somewhere. No, I don't own part of the company. But I have gotten to known the guy who does all their web stuff and communication. He's German-Swiss working in equatorial Brazil - home of Fetisso and of the rubber tree that started it all. Amazing where business (and pleasure) will take you.

The photo you posted you titled "old". Looks to me like a few years, custom made in England or Germany. "Glued, not molded", as james bond would have it. Nice work. Curious to know where the pants are from. Also, I confess I am amazed that at your age your were, "raised on Playtex rubber pants". Figured they were long gone by that time - if you mean "rubber" literally. Please say more.

Anyhow, now I have to go an image. Hope all this helps. BTW, I tried emailing you direct but ran into Yahoo messenger. I am not keen on adding new invasive software to my machine. But you can get me direct as I have listed my email. Surely all those 9/11 guys have something better to do.

best, sunsoul.

post-25468-125315815479_thumb.jpg

post-25468-125315815479_thumb.jpg

I remember rubber pants in my early years. I remember the Bittner brand only because I found an old box, containing dryrotted pants, in my mother's house. (They probably would have fit me when I was 6) I am in my 50's now and have used plastic pants for most of my life.

I'm new here but, at the young age of 61, not new to rubber pants. So in answer to your question, wetpants, have you tried the molded "nappy pants" as they call them by Fetisso?

Someone in this thread mentioned one of Fetisso's two abdl oriented products (the more commonly sole and visible product) and said they were low cut. Yes, this is so. But the other item they make (the rest of their many designs serve the "heavy rubber" market) is as pictured - not unlike the image you posted and I am guessing somewhat similar to the kind of thing that a toddler in the thirties might have worn if his mommy had money - tho I am also guessing that these would have been sewn, not molded.

Fetisso's own site is fetisso.com but there is not much there of interest to us. Instead, try a canadian site, Kalesenterprises.com Nice guy. Name of Heimo Hakuli - Fin if I recall. Enter this url in your address bar: http://www.kalesenterprises.com/newproducts.htm#Dip1

item DLT-NYP-BL17 is what I am referring to. That is his "product number" (sigh). Fetisso's product number is 4620 I think. Heimo's site is a little wonky but he is sincere and honest and easily the cheapest guy in town. His photos do not show it but the fetisso product does come in "natural".

It is truly an amazing piece of rubber. Indestructible. You could run a team of horses with it. Better, it does not require talc. The latex is treated (I seem to remember something to do with chlorine gas) to make it permanently non-sticky. Four sizes and a choice of colours and, by the way, thicknesses. Most of the stuff you see on Heimo's site he make himself and will do custom orders of any kind, pretty solid work. He makes the stuff himself - no 10buckanhour elves in the back room.

I think Fetisso's designer based their sizing on a german model because I am 6 feet with a 32 waist and the small is still a little loose at the waist for me. Nonetheless, "the cadillac of rubber pants", as I saw it described somewhere. No, I don't own part of the company. But I have gotten to known the guy who does all their web stuff and communication. He's German-Swiss working in equatorial Brazil - home of Fetisso and of the rubber tree that started it all. Amazing where business (and pleasure) will take you.

The photo you posted you titled "old". Looks to me like a few years, custom made in England or Germany. "Glued, not molded", as james bond would have it. Nice work. Curious to know where the pants are from. Also, I confess I am amazed that at your age your were, "raised on Playtex rubber pants". Figured they were long gone by that time - if you mean "rubber" literally. Please say more.

Anyhow, now I have to go an image. Hope all this helps. BTW, I tried emailing you direct but ran into Yahoo messenger. I am not keen on adding new invasive software to my machine. But you can get me direct as I have listed my email. Surely all those 9/11 guys have something better to do.

best, sunsoul.