LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urine Sample

I recently have had to give a urine specimen as a random drug test a work along with dozens of others. Just wondering, for those of you with incontinence, how do you go about this subject. Whether you're at the doctor or at work? Have any of you had to explain this to a drug tester at you work or when getting a physical, etc anytime ones requested? It just really got me wondering.

When I first became incontinent I had just this problem, how do you collect a sample if you don't actually know when it going to come.

They used to ask for the first void in the morning, I had to expain that my diaper usually got this one before I was even awake.

Not to be outdone they decided to take a sample with a catheter, straight from my bladder-- problem solved.

Several times when I have had a water infection It was quite easy cause I was leaking urine every five minutes, so collecting some for testing was easy.

I have also had a sample taken from my legbag for testing, so when it comes to the medical profession taking

the Pi** they usually won't be beaten.- John.

yeah but for some drugs salivia will only show it for up to 2-3 days after use, where as urine can show it for up to 10 days depending on the drug... its just saliva tests are FAR cheaper and quicker and easier to administer, cause theres no worry about making sure the person has nothing in their pockets or under clothing when they go into the bathroom to give the sample etc... just open up and swab your mouth right there in the office even of the employer

Drug tests now days usually don't use urine. Supposedly, they are using swabs, like a DNA test.

YMMV but unless there's a real safety factor involved most companies still use urinalysis because it's cheap and acceptable to most insurance carriers. Some of these are more comprehensive than others. The cheapie is like $5 and the best one $30-40. It's common knowledge on the street how to get past the cheapie urine tests and less common knowledge how to get past the better ones but it can be done(and easily, especially if you have a day to perform the necessary steps before testing) huh.gif Since companies and insurers know this too they now often require better tests. Less known is that many pre-employment screenings only test a percentage of the samples taken- either by random choice or by the Lab Tech deciding who gets tested(so don't go in looking like someone who might use or you will be tested). And no I won't tell anyone how to get around tests- I'm many years clean and I don't aid or abet any drug use or user anymore wink.gif

Even with all that I am against drug random testing for two reasons: 1 is the issue of false positives. Most drug tests are innaccurate enough that they don't meet commonly held scientific standards for accuracy sad.gif and most companies have no allowance for retests or verification, you just get screwed if there's a false positive angry.gif 2 is that testing labs will not test you until you sign a hold-harmless waiver mellow.gif because they know the above is true- they have no faith in the tests or themselves and they won't risk their own necks by standing behind their results legally so you could sue the pants off of them should they screw up like they would do to you if your business failed them bash.gif Hypocrisy doesn't fly with me. I always ask the person I hand my sample to if they would pay me to paint their hoise and agree to pay me in full before inspecting the final job just because I said it was OK. They all say "Of course not!" indignantly(sometimes adding "are you crazy?). Then I smile and ask them why they are doing just that to me and what I should do to them if they happen to mess up my test dince I can't sue them. The looks on their faces are priceless as they realize all of this (and the fact that I might not be joking!)thumbsup.gif Please feel free to use that line(or a similar one)with these hypocrites the next time you have to deal with them- maybe it will bring about an increase in adult diaper sales if they get scared enough 24.gif

Bettypooh

Thankfully I work at a place that doesn't drug test.

IMO drug testing by employers is a serious invasion of privacy. As long as I don't do it on their time... why does it matter?

we need a drug test for where i work. would get rid of half the people i don't like. my sis works at where i work a year before i did and said people used to bring pot to work. some rolled joints in the crew room. a year ago, an underaged person brought some yeager (alcohol) and a couple others (also underaged) drank in the crew room. only the one that lied about it got fired.

Been through it several times. Not for a drug test but at the Dr's office. Ask for a cath or just sit on the toilet for a while. You will provide the sample. Cathing usually will get enough for a sample. I would guess for a drug test you would need to tell the nurse your condition and they would make arrangements I'm sure

IMO drug testing by employers is a serious invasion of privacy. As long as I don't do it on their time... why does it matter?

Where I work, it is a serious concern. Maybe not for many jobs but wouldn't you feel better knowing your surgion, pilot, police officer, chemist, etc wasn't under the influence at work. Where I work, it's a zero tollerance job and you'll be removed from your position immediatly and given treatment or something unless you've had more than one offense then it's termination. I honestly think this puts the fear in everyone so bad that nobody does it, so it must work.

There are plenty of gov't jobs with extensive background checks that I know they dig up every detail about your past. Smoking pot or getting DUI 15 years ago could prevent you from getting a job today believe it or not. It's crazy I know.

I think it's more along the mindset, if you're "irresponsible" off the job then what about on the job? Many gov't agencies do these testing because if you're working for the law maker, you shouldn't be a law breaker on or off duty. Just my take on the gov't stand.

Just wring out your diaper into the cup, no biggie! :P

I'm sorry, sir but we're unable to offer you a position with our company because you've tested positive for super absorbent polymer :P

I've no problem with drug and alcohol screening for people in safety critical positions (pilots, doctors, train drivers, etc, etc) where even slightly impaired judgement could be lethal but when you go into an American branch of McDonalds and see a sign above the vacancies poster that says they use drug testing as part of the recruitment process, that's going too far IMO.

Thread Drift FTW :)

• 3 months later...

yeah but for some drugs salivia will only show it for up to 2-3 days after use, where as urine can show it for up to 10 days depending on the drug... its just saliva tests are FAR cheaper and quicker and easier to administer, cause theres no worry about making sure the person has nothing in their pockets or under clothing when they go into the bathroom to give the sample etc... just open up and swab your mouth right there in the office even of the employer

Most drug clear you body within 24 hours. THC can stay in your system for up to 30 days. They don't do drug test on saliva. They don't do a saliva test with a swab. They do throut test with swabs.

That's something only a druggie would say. I think workers should be clean. Imagine if you were going in for serious surgery and your surgeon was intoxicated. Imagine going to a convenience store and the clerk completely ignores you because he's baked.

I believe our country's work force should not be impaired in any way. People argue that marijuana should be legalized and thus legal to smoke pot whenever they want. It does impair judgement. Every single person I know who smokes pot is a lazy slob, living in someone's basement. Everyone I have talked to who smokes pot agrees that it makes you lazy, and laziness is unacceptable in any job. Also I, for one, don't want to see people doing it, don't want to smell it on your clothes, and don't want to be any part of it. Call me "McGruff the drug Fox" if you must, but my dad did drugs and he was always getting intoxicated in some way whenever he was home, and he had a violent temper and would beat me for things I had no control over. I still recall one night when he and his friend were high and forced me to drink a bottle of shampoo. One Saturday morning, he cracked my head open on a table for not making my bed. I had to go to the ER for stitches. From what my mom has told me, he wasn't like that before I was born. It was because I existed that he beat my mom. She said the first time he ever laid a hand on her was the day I came home from the hospital.

• Like 1

That's something only a druggie would say. I think workers should be clean.

I agree with what Darkfinn said and I'm no druggie :P

Safety-critical occupations aside, drug testing should have no place in the workplace - certainly not drug testing with no suspicion.

This thread's now been both drifted and necro'd - double thread fail win! :)

Been through it several times. Not for a drug test but at the Dr's office. Ask for a cath or just sit on the toilet for a while. You will provide the sample. Cathing usually will get enough for a sample. I would guess for a drug test you would need to tell the nurse your condition and they would make arrangements I'm sure

So will a drug testing company have catheters with them? The way it was done for me was go into a bathroom, toilet tank, faucet, flusher were all taped down so you couldn't use it. Empty pockets, then they leave for a minute while you do your thing, you finish in the toilet, they come back in, put some die in the toilet to check for something and fill these viles from the cup you peed in, label, sign and off to the lab they go.

What was the process for the incontinent people? Did they say anything about your diapers or know before hand you were wearing if your employeer knew or something?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the Military and work on jets. When Someone at work screws up (loss of aircraft or life, or major costs to repair) to the point that they are in trouble and are going to be disciplined (wage garnishment/reduction in rank) they do a urinalysis. people pop positive so much that it is now a standard procedure prior to punishment. Stats don't lie- you use, and your personal performance is degraded. Why would you want to work around someone who uses knowing this? why would you want that person driving a car on the same road as you?? The killer part of these tests- the people who pop positive used days ago, not hours....

• 1 month later...

Drug tests now days usually don't use urine. Supposedly, they are using swabs, like a DNA test.

Oh boy, here I go, on my soap box..... Drug test are designed by a collaboration between drug companies and insurance companies. They got together and decided that we ( as a group ) are safer "drug Free" Now that does NOT mean drug free. It means their drugs. The companies got together a few years back and decided that if they proved that their staff was illegal drug free then they could get 10% off a year. Now that s a huge savings for a multi national company. So the company doesn't care, they just want to save money. And why go threw all this trouble? Just to catch potheads. Cocaine in out of your system in 3 days. Heroin in 2, I mean what the f#&K people. These are harder drugs that you don't want your kids hooked on, but they can pass a drug test and get a job. Potheads can't. 30 days in your system. Come on, it's a f#%King joke. They are all just trying to make us not smoke pot. It opens your eyes to the world and lets you see what is really going on. I'm not a drug expert, although I have done extensive research, pot isn't this country's problem. GREED is. and that's why their are drug tests. GREED

Tell me, who the heck cares what you do to your own body?

There, I'm off my soap box and I will calm down and suck my thumb to shut up.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Y'all just don't get it. Of course it is wrong and stupid to use while on the job... but if I clock out for the day, go home, and smoke up what business is it of my employer as long as I am straight by the time I get to work the next day?

Do some research folks... Alcohol is way more dangerous than many "drugs", yet it is perfectly legal. Nobody cares if I slam a 12-pack and beat my wife and/or kids every night... but if I go home and smoke a blunt, heaven forbid call the police I am a horrible criminal!

Tell me, who the heck cares what you do to your own body?

The gov't obviously does, ie seatbelts, healthcare, rehab, human services, etc. In the big picture I guess it does matter somewhat because if you decide to F-up, who pays? Hint: Likely not you but everyone else. I'm not really about to get into a debate here about the use of pot but, I find it funny that pot is often compared closely with alcohol by people saying "well, why's alcohol okay and not pot". The solution always seems to be, legalize pot and not, prohibit the use of alcohol. That being said, it just sounds like a poor excuse to legalize something you want. Escentially, you want both cake and ice cream, but not cake or nothing. Almost like 2 wrongs make a right.

Where I work, alcohol and drugs are both tested for. We are not allowed to have any alcohol in our systems ever on the clock and obviously not drugs. They are random drug tests so even though some drugs may stay in the body for a shorter period, you never know when you'll be tested. The only way around would be to take time off in the amount of time it takes to get it out of your body. Big price for a recreational drug IMHO. I'm not condoning alcohol but the restrictions on that are tightening up too. Many other countries actually have a zero tolerance drinking and driving rule, this also includes the use of drugs while driving. Now, many of those same or other countries actually allow you to have A drink(not drunk) at break or on the job, however, they do not allow you to smoke a joint. Why do you think this is? Alcohol and pot affect the body very differently. Alcohol is a downer, it affects you but how it affects you depends on how much you consume. Say one drink, judgment goes down 10% for an hour, apperently companies have said this isn't an issue. A couple hits of pot can affect you much, much more and for much, much longer. It is also an upper which creates higher anxiety, difficulty thinking, etc.

Long term effects of pot include:

•Respiratory problems

•Heightened risk of infections, especially the lungs

•Poor short-term recall

•Inability to shift attention normally

•Inability to understand complex information

•An increased risk of developing lung, head and neck cancers

•Lack of motivation

•Decreased sperm count in men

•Irregular menstruation in women

Long term effects of alcohol include:

• increased risk of developing alcoholism

cardiovascular disease

malabsorption

chronic pancreatitis

alcoholic liver disease

cancer

Damage to the central nervous system

Damage to the peripheral nervous system

Now which one of these sounds worse for a job that requires your constant attention, memory and skill? This would be considering you're not high or drunk at the time of course.

Just an observation.

at my job, when i have to go for a drug testing. since it a pharmacy warehouse. I have to explane each and everytime. that its not going to happen unless i have a nurse take it from me. and then they have to send me to an area untill a person comes to stick a tube in me to get what they want. the first time this happend i was sent home as they thought i was trying to hide something. that when i showed my boss i wear diapers for bladder problems. and with that its been easy ever since.

I'm not going to argue that it's 'nobody's business if you do' on drug use, but I have to agree that urine tests, announced or unannounced, and especially if required for employment, are an extreme invasion of privacy.

If one has no reason to suspect me of using an illegal or impairing substance, then yes, I object to being screened for said substance. Wouldn't you object to being pulled over, without cause, and having your car searched? If you had anything that resembled an illegal substance, it would be confiscated and you summarily given a sentence. All without you being given a chance to prove your innocence?

I can understand across the board drug screening in the event of a workplace accident, though.

Keep in mind who works for who when talking about drug testing being an invasion of privacy.

We might as well not have registered sex offenders either because they don't impose a threat to everyone either, just a few. It maybe completely unwork related but it still has to be disclosed to work, community, etc. depending on the crime an level of sex offender you are.

If you want the job and this is something your employer requests of you(drug test) then you either take the job or not. I'm not 100% sure but I think you probably are required to sign something saying you'll do it if asked at the time of being hired or at a later date when a new policy went into effect. I know every job I've had, I've signed a form saying that or on the application it asked if I was willing to be drug tested. In effect, by saying yes or agreeing to there policy, you waved your right at that point. No different then a cop pulling you over and ASKING to search your vehicle. You have the right to say no unless they have probable cause but many just say yes to not interfere in their mind.

So really, if you object to being screened then why did you sign the paper or work for the company?

I have to say I haven't ever had to be tested, lucky I guess. Anyway, that makes sense, Drew, but what about the possibility of false positive? You still have very little recourse.

I tend to look at my boss as my customer, since he's paying me to do a job. I won't take too much crap from him, because I don't have to. If he told me 'company policy' required me to pee in a cup, I'd tell him to piss off, I've never touched anything stronger than cough syrup in my life.

If your company is fair, it will retest and not just give you the axe right away especially if they feel you are a good employee. By testing all, it's not discrimination. This would be like the airports checking only terrorist looking people. The drug test can be a good way for an employeer who has there hands tied getting rid of an employee a chance to do so if they test positive. Unions, I'm in one, often protect the wrong people and this can be somewhat of a loop hole to get rid of someone, however often they have to allow them to get treatment first anyway to prove they can be drug free. I really don't believe you that say you're making $40 an hour and your boss says pee in a cup for a test, you refuse and therefor are terminated, you'd let that happen. If you don't have anything to worry about, what's the big deal? No different then a cop searching the vehicle, go ahead, I've got nothing to hide. Am I giving up my right, sure, but who cares, it's only a battle within yourself.