LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

I hope that within a few weeks, I'll be able to move, and have enough to be able to start buying again. My stash is getting rather low and many of my cloth diapers are showing signs of wear and tear. But since my exwife finally moved out, a friendly separation, I've been able to enjoy myself more in wearing and wetting. And life goes on.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone have a pic? u don't need to be wearing one i just wanna see what they look like. i hear they are kinda expensive but are worth it. i hear they hold a lot as well. what are the pro's and con's?

You can find pics online, I'm sure..... That is the only kind my daddy and I buy... we love them... yes they hold alot, and yes they are expensive, but since they hold a lot you don't have to change as often..... we usually order from kckmedical.com.... they are less expensive even with the shipping, and they have them on sale a lot.... the only con I can see is that the tapes do not hold as well as we would like so we have to add some extra tape, but for daddy thats not so much of a con since it keeps me in diapers!

The look like a standard plastic backed disposable diaper. the only thing more absorbant than the Abena is a thick cloth diaper.

anyone have a pic? u don't need to be wearing one i just wanna see what they look like. i hear they are kinda expensive but are worth it. i hear they hold a lot as well. what are the pro's and con's?

I am wearing my first ever Abena (Abri-form X-plus) at the moment - so comfortable!! Lovely and thick and large - the padding goes all the way around me. I got it as a free sample (from a company online) and am now thinking about buying a whole pack. Very nice. I have another one to love after I have wetted this one!! Feels like it can take a lot. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Abena Abri-for X-plus in the mail.....AMAZING

Have to say it'll be very sad going back to the depends I have left after using these. Just put one on and plan on taking it for the full test, needless to say it'll be a very wet stinky diaper soon...but seems like it should hold quite a bit

i got a free sample of abri-form x-plus from Topak Marketing (search online). arrived really quickly and now i am a abena convert - so nice! i am in UK and don't know about availability in US.

• 2 weeks later...

after having read so many forums and reviews about what diapers are the most "babyish" ive got so confused. what im after is a diaper that is really thick, noisy, extreme absorbent, really comfortable and of course..white. what is the closest thing to this? i dont want to make the mistake of buying a package that is not what i had hoped for and be dissapointed. any help on this would be appreciated.

after having read so many forums and reviews about what diapers are the most "babyish" ive got so confused. what im after is a diaper that is really thick, noisy, extreme absorbent, really comfortable and of course..white. what is the closest thing to this? i dont want to make the mistake of buying a package that is not what i had hoped for and be dissapointed. any help on this would be appreciated.

You should definitely try Abri-Form X-Plus. They're thick, noisy, plastic-backed, and white...Heavenly. For extra goodness, get some Abri-Let Maxi booster pads.

They really are fantastic. Aleia nailed it on the head. I might add that they're ridiculously absorbent. Short of going swimming while wearing one, it would be very hard to actually fill it to capacity. I can't imagine you'd be disappointed. Check XP Medical for a reliable source in the States.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got a chance to really try out an abena x-plus. IT LEAKED! I could'nt believe it leaked the way everyone talks about them. I mean, come on, I only flooded it 5 times!!!! :lol: Seriously though, I was impressed. I had drank two 32oz Gatorades, and taken my HCTZ(water pill). It only leaked a little out the top as I was laying on my stomach for the 2nd, 4th, and 5th flood. IMPRESSIVE!!!!

I used my last Abena X-Plus (medium) diaper over-night last night. I also wore a full-size pad (Abri-Let) which is like having another diaper inside. I was in this diddee until noonish today. That's about fifteen hours! I flooded it probably 5 times so it wasn't yet filled to maximum capacity - in the back at least. But, I made a nice-sized poopoo in it and after enjoying the mess for awhile I had to change.

Now, recently I've been using medium Bambino's with an Abri-Let stuffer for overnight since I have a case of each and love the pretty designs. I was surprised, however, to find that the Abena X-Plus is still the thickest adult diaper. It pleases me more to get that really thick waddle action of a super-thick diaper. Also, the Abena X-Plus seems to have a slightly deeper internal cuff which I need to contain my poop. The deeper the better.

OK, Bottom Half Group - I love you guys and want you to succeed. Please consider #1 Making the worlds best diaper booster/ stuffer - that means you will have to make it BETTER THAN the Abri-Let somehow. Perhaps you might add a gather with stand-up internal cuff to this proposed Bambino diaper doubler to contain bowel movements. Please also consider #2 Printing an adult diaper with "Adult Diaper" or "Adult Disposable Diaper" instead of the ABCD blocks.

Glenn :D

snip.........

OK, Bottom Half Group - I love you guys and want you to succeed. Please consider #1 Making the worlds best diaper booster/ stuffer - that means you will have to make it BETTER THAN the Abri-Let somehow. Perhaps you might add a gather with stand-up internal cuff to this proposed Bambino diaper doubler to contain bowel movements. Please also consider #2 Printing an adult diaper with "Adult Diaper" or "Adult Disposable Diaper" instead of the ABCD blocks.

Glenn :D

Hey Glenn you do know they make a all white version now..perhaps you could get that and abri-let and keep both folks happy! ;)

Got my first box of Abri-form X-plus recently, and they're excellent!! It's amazing how thick they are, and the coverage is great because of the curved leg cuffs. The refastenable tapes seem quite good, although I do have the Large size 'coz Medium versions of any brand have always been slightly tight fitting, so i'm not sure how they cope under extreme pulling.

Dunno if I could go back to Molicare now.. although they held a lot, these Abena's seem to hold a whole lot more :beer:

nice n white too :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

This is by far my most favorite brand of diaper. For years I've tried all sorts of disposables. Cloth like covers just do not work for me. The Plastic Babyish feel of the Thick Abena Xplus is a feeling all to its own. No other diaper could compare to this one. *tips her hat* to the best diaper out there.

Hello,

I love to wear them under my dungareees and overalls. They make a cute bud. I can get them in German online pharmacies, as they are produced in East Germany, www.abena.de and Denmark.

I also perfer this disposable for sleeping after a party as I tend to betwet.

Babygirl Kvetinka

EDIT: PS: The head of the campany is in Aabenraa (Danish) or Apenrade (German city name). This is situated in Southern Jutland/ Northern Schleswig.

• 3 weeks later...

I've also had problems with the tapes, both on the Abena AbriForm and the AbriForm AirPlus. I've found the sides on the Abena AbriFlex pullups tend to tear too easily as well. Yes, they're wonderfully absorbant diapers, but they could stand some improvements, IMO.

Can't say I disagree on the tapes. I love the diapers, but the tapes are a problem. I've had problems with them tearing while I'm putting them on, and then I've also had problems with them shifting during wear. This is especially true since I wear them out and about, especially while I'm taking a long walk or barhopping. The tapes tend to either pull away or shift, and as we all know, thats not a good thing. I love everything else about them though.

On another note, I'm not a huge fan of the AirPlus. The tape problems seemed exacerbated on them for some reason. I like the discreetness of the cloth cover, but just over all I didnt like them as well as the the regular product.

• 2 months later...

OK, i'm ready to join the flood of responses to this topic... (sorry, i couldn't resist the pun!! :P ) Now that i'm partway into my first package of Abena X-plus disposables, i have to say that i'm very impressed. They are every bit as absorbent as i had heard, and i can wear them for 12+ hours without a leak.

However, after bragging on their absorbency, i have to say that their tapes are every bit as bad as every one else's! What a HUGE disappointment!

:badmood:

Two tapes on the sides of a product that costs that much? That is just a cheap cop-out from a company that apparently was trying to create a premium product. It feels like i went to a good steak restaurant and they served my meal with a set of plastic silverware!! i've worn Depends Overnights for 15+ years, and their three-tape system, while not perfect, is light-years ahead of the Abena two-tape system.

So, i've learned to reinforce with tape, which isn't good, but at least it salvages what was a bad situation at first. In the US, most drug stores (Walgreen's, CVS, etc.), grocery stores, places like Wal-Mart and office supply stores like Office Depot and Staples, all sell small hand-held tape dispensers that hold the 2" wide clear packing tape. They usually have it with their shipping stuff or general office supplies. It is cheap, easy and quick to wrap about one and a quarter times around the top of my diaper (make sure you go far enough to stick tape on top of tape and not just to the diaper) and i'm set -- no slipping or coming loose.

i highly recommend the Abena's, and with a bit of improvement by the manufacturer, they would be OUTSTANDING!!

Latexman :)

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to decide between Attends, Molicare or Tena's. I am a fantasy wearer and I like the most babylike diapers that can hold several heavy wettings and feel nice and thick and are really loud. Any advice?

Hey try the aben abri-form, they are really thick, my oinly complaint was they were too loose on the waist, a problem rectified with attends. The problem with attends they are think, not so much fun.

• 4 months later...

I got a few samples of the x-plus. Tried my first one on last night. The tapes shifted. Which of course caused me to leak onto my bed. Is it just me, or do the tapes suck?

I recently had the same problem with a bag of Molicare Super, which used to be my favorite.

I ordered a bag of X-Plus to replace them, and I haven't had any trouble. Maybe I just got lucky? So far I've been very happy with the X-Plus diaper.