LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Depend Underwear For Men & Women

Tissue and diaper maker Kimberly-Clark Corp. is introducing a new product line — gender-specific adult absorbent underwear for those suffering with incontinence.

Irving-based Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) says rather than a generic brand that caters to both sexes, the new product line features designs specifically made to fit the body contours of men and women.

The company says many baby boomers, approximately 41 percent of the 77 million living in the U.S., are currently taking care of elderly parents and loved ones. Kimberly-Clark cites a U.S. Census Bureau report that says “27 million Americans will more than likely experience incontinence by 2010,” as a reason for a focus on the creation of comfortable product lines. More than 19 million American suffer from the condition today, Kimberly-Clark added.

The rol-out of the Depend Underwear for Men product line and the Underwear for Women line is scheduled for March.

I just don't understand these underwear things - you either have to only leak a small amount for those to be effective because underwear no matter what kind it is doesn't hold anything barely. It just leaks - real pain in my opinion.

Colors and designs would be wonderful... but which one of their products does it match?

Are they the pullup type, because I hate Depend pullups...

I sort of like the three tape diapers, inexpensive and effective. Tabs are not perfect but Mommy and I have got the method down pat. I hope it's these diapers that get the makeover.

-Sophie

I just don't understand these underwear things - you either have to only leak a small amount for those to be effective because underwear no matter what kind it is doesn't hold anything barely. It just leaks - real pain in my opinion.

I disagree, I have good luck with disposable underwear.

'Sides, I know several family members of mine who wore things like depends underwear, or the tena underwear just in case. So if they're out, and have an accident they aren't going to be wetting their pants. As far as I know, they've all had good luck with them. My mimi wore them for minimal leakage at night, both bladder and bowel, they worked for her.

It depends on the person, and what you're using them for. You can't expect to soak them like a diaper and then expect them to work as well as a diaper would, because they're a pullup, not a diaper.

hmm, I wonder who test marketed the new underwear? Should have been the AB/DL community. :-)

I sometimes use Rite Aid brand pull on disposable underwear in overnight absorbency in the day. Now, I use overnight absorbency because it really does seem to hold a lot, but I would never try sleeping in them if I was a wetter. They would be useless as a night "diaper". I like them sometimes because I can wear them in the day around friends and family and they are discreet enought so that no one would have a clue that I'm wearing one. I do prefer actual diapers most of the time though. Now, the one drawback that I could never understand about pull on disposable underwear is, why would you make something for wetting problems that requires you to undress whenever you need to change? If you're a woman or someone who wears skirts, then that wouldn't be so much of a problem. On the other hand, if your a guy or wear pants, you have to take your shoes and pants off whenever you need to change your underwear. That could be several times a day (or probably more with disposable underpants). What those manufacturers make is a product aimed at people who leak urine when they excersize or laugh or something like that. I guess they probably expect those people to wear them all day or perhaps not use them except in case of a rare accident. The problem is that manufacturers seem to be getting away from making actual diapers and going more and more with these pull on disposable underpants. They need to realize that they have 2 markets, one for light bladder control problems or accidents and one market for the incontinent people. They are trying to handle both markets with one type of product and it just won't work like they think it will. Besides, unless someone just wears their disposable underwear and no pants over it, it will be inconvienient for someone with an incontinence problem to wear a product that has to be stepped into and pulled up when put on (which can be several times a day). True, you can tear away the sides when removing a wet pair of pull up disposable underpants, but you still have to put on a dry pair!

I say either make 2 products, one for each market or else make the disposable underpants so that they can be put on like a diaper without having to undress to pull them on. It would probably be hard but perhaps a good velcro seem on each side so you could put them on like a diaper, push the velcro sides together to form a smooth seem from leg to waist and then you could pull them up and down like underpants if you needed to use the toilet. They would have to make the velcro sides good enough to hold under normal movement and besides, it would probably cost too much to put velcro on every disposable underpant. Anyway, those are just my thoughts on the matter.

I would love to have a more babyish looking pullup and all, but I dont know. I fear that if they make these gender specific pullups that they'll be just like the current Depends pullups, which are not comfortable at all and dont really hug you the right way.

The diaper, on the other hand, although the tapes really do suck... fit really well. I agree on the velcro idea, but that wont be happening.

Either way they do it... pullup or diaper... I just hope it's new. A new pullup that looks more like a pullup instead of a leak guard sewn into a stretchy waist, or the usual diaper with tabs that dont suck.

-Sophie

Well, it's about time one of the manufactures of adult products caught up with what has been going on with infant and toddler products for years by going gender specific. Guess KC finally realized that men use their incon products as well. Personally, I find the adult pull ups to work quite well for what they were designed for and that is"light incontinence". Folks need to keep in mind that pull ups were never ment to be or replace a "diaper". Same as the toddler pull ups are designed and marketed as a "disposable training pant". Pull ups are used for the "small accidents" one may have if your a toddler being potty trained. For adults, they are aimed at folks with conditions such as stress incontinence where you only leak a little from things like coughing, sneezing, bending etc.

I totally get that. I dont really used pullups as diapers. Often I'll use them to help bedwetting if I use them at all. I'm saying that the pullups need to look more like the little kid pullups with a full padding and a more natural looking waistband (in Depends case that is). Right now it looks like a guard is just sewn onto an elastic waistband. It should be evenly padded and the waistband should stretch on the sides, not everywhere. Just a more natural look.

Then again, this is an AB perspective.

-Sophie

I surfed a bit on this and here's what I found. The quoted parts are what the KC spokesman said, the other comments are mine. There should be discounts, coupons and maybe even trial offers coming which I hope will get posted here as it happens. Notice that the current product line will be phased out so if you like what they offer now, stock up while you can. I couldn't find any pics so the products are either being kept under wraps or the design hasn't been finalized yet.

"The new line features customized leg openings contoured to better fit men and women and new positioning of the gender-specific absorbent to provide protection where men and women need it most"

*They also mentioned that it will look more like regular underwear* -_-

"begin rolling out in North America in eight varieties, including small/medium, large/extra large in both extra and super-plus absorbency for women, and small/medium, large/extra large in super-plus absorbency for men. The new gender-specific product line is also scheduled to launch in various European markets throughout 2009."

"more intuitive packaging for its entire product lineup. With distinctive color coding, a new absorbency scale and a more simplified sizing structure, the new packaging will help make choosing the right product faster and easier for shoppers"

*The new packaging is in response to people who are uncomfortable spending timne at this part of the stores* :o

"To coincide with the March 2009 debut on store shelves, K-C will roll out the largest integrated marketing campaign in the history of the Depend brand - including TV, print and online advertising, direct mail, in-store trial and more"

*This means good press for all of us* :D

Bettypooh

"To coincide with the March 2009 debut on store shelves, K-C will roll out the largest integrated marketing campaign in the history of the Depend brand - including TV, print and online advertising, direct mail, in-store trial and more"

*This means good press for all of us* :D

Bettypooh

(little old lady in white apron at walmart) " Would you like to try our new pullups? the bathrooms right over there for you to change and don't forget to fill out our questionnaire before you leave."

I am doing my own research.

http://www.depend.com/products/products_all.asp

Third from the top, both sides. Those are the kind being replaced, and those are the kind I am glad are being replaced. I use the far bottom right. They are alright. No Bambinos, but they do for the cheap prices I pay.

I'll update more in a moment.

-Sophie

Depressing news.

I think the "color coding" thing is only for the packages. The stuff will probably still be white.

I'll attatch a link to show you what seems to be the current packaging.

Here's the quote.

"The launch begins in March with eight varieties going on sale in both the U.S. and European markets. The company will introduce new packaging with color-coding (blue or pink), an absorbency scale and simplified sizing structure."

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=...p;art_aid=96853

The waistbands, judging from the packaging, don't look different at all. I am a bit upset with this turnout...

-Sophie

adriansurley

Sure they don't hold as much as diapers but until recently I used them all the time including work if not diapered.

I need the minimum of a Depend Guard for my after urinating with dripping and spurts. I'm back to the Guards because of unemployment financial pinch. The underwear is great for me not only for the dripping but for IBS. If I go to work not feeling 100% with my bowels and especially if it starts at work the confidence of full protection is itself the reasoning for the product.

Depends has the best fitting most comfortable pull up but they make so many changes that I'm afraid they will go too far in maybe the wrong direction!

Phil

I agree that the current Depend pull-on are not intended to replace traditional adult tape-on diapers in all situations. In my experience the same can be said for many of the other brands of adult pull-on, including Attends.

Some of us are so profoundly bladder incontinent we learned long ago pull-on are ineffective on us. I have no control when I pee, but experience has taught me how to anticipate my urine volume over the next 3 hours. Also I do have bowel control. For me when I am in my responsible adult mode, a slip-in disposable pad often works fine. The pad is held in place by a pair of ordinary ladies knit cotton briefs. So, that combination has the advantages of pull-ons that stay in place, yet let me slide them down to make poop on a toilet when I need to. For days when I expect to wet more, I wear Attends Breathable with the good Velcro tabs I can reposition after releasing them.

Many of my incontinent adult friends have no bowel or bladder control. Not one has ever told me adult pull-on work for them, not even the Depend Adjustable with tabs to make them more secure. All such friends of mine also prefer traditional adult poly-plastic disposable briefs with sticky tapes. I sure know when I am sick with runny poop my Attends Youth briefs leak less than any cloth-like diaper.

Most of us who are incontinent have good friends who only wet a little, in dribbles and spurts. They consider themselves bladder incontinent since they cannot control these leaks, although they still know when their bladder is filling and use toilets. For such folks pull-on adult disposable undies are appropriate. An analogy would be disposable pull-up trainers on toddlers. For example, my husband Don needed surgery to remove his cancer-filled prostate in June 2007. His urologist used a modern robot, so the surgery was less of a problem than in the old days. Still even while Don's catheter was in place following the surgery it leaked a bit. Don could thread the collection tuble through a leg hole of a Depend Adjustable which we could buy locally in many stores. Once Don's catheter was removed he continued wearing the Adjustable because of the annoying spurts and dribbles. Funny thing is Don has changed my gauze and disposable diapers thousands of times, yet he has never pinned or taped a diaper on himself.

Some of my incontinent friends wear disposable undies during the day when working and tape-on diapers for bed. Like me in bed they prefer poly-plastic diapers with sticky tapes because those slide on sheets and bedding.

Since Depend is not in the ABDL business, I do not expect they will tint the Women's Undies pink or the Men's baby blue. I guess that is why Bambino and ABU make decorated adult disposables.

Got my monthly e-mail from K&C about Depends changes.

http://incontinence.depend.com/articles/tr...ndex.asp?pg=121

DEPEND® Products Get a Facelift

DEPEND® Products Get a Facelift

New Packages Designed to Simplify Selection Process

By Lyn Mettler

Click here to view a printable version of this article

Managing incontinence can be an overwhelming process, from locating the nearest restroom to selecting an absorbent product. Brief or liner, regular or extra absorbent – the choices can be confusing and may even be embarrassing, particularly if you had hoped to get in and out of the store aisle with your purchase quickly.

The folks at DEPEND® absorbent products heard these concerns from customers and redesigned their packages to make finding the right package easy. The products inside the package are still the same, but the new graphics outside help identify the products easily and describe them accurately.

Brand New Names

Beginning this month, you'll see new names for some of the DEPEND® products on store shelves. DEPEND® Undergarments are now DEPEND® Belted Shields; DEPEND® Refastenable Underwear is now DEPEND® Adjustable Underwear; and DEPEND BOOST® Liners are now DEPEND® Inserts.

Why the name changes? "There has always been a lot of confusion in this category, and products were often called by multiple names," says Rachel Pope, a marketing research analyst for Kimberly-Clark Corporation, maker of DEPEND® products. "We spoke with many, many consumers in the development of these names, and we're confident consumers are going to see these new names as more accurate reflections of the products."

For example, according to Marcus Jones, associate product manager for Kimberly-Clark Corporation, focus groups felt that the phrase "adjustable underwear" explained both the adjustable and refastenable features of the newly-named DEPEND® Adjustable Underwear, whereas the phrase "refastenable underwear" only communicated the refastenable feature. "By refining the name, DEPEND® absorbent products are better aligned with consumer needs," he says.

A Clearer Choice

We all know it's no fun standing in the front of the shelf trying to decide which product to buy, so DEPEND® has also added several new features designed to help you quickly locate the product you need.

To start, the company added a product selection guide to the back of each package. "The guide provides a single place where consumers can compare and contrast the features and benefits of all DEPEND® brand absorbent products," says Jones. The product selection guide lists each product, a brief description, the sizes available, the gender it is designed for and the absorbency level.

"In addition, information about the benefits of each product is on the front of the package, which will help new consumers identify the product that is just right to meet their needs," says Pope. This includes a simple statement at the top front of each package that uniquely describes each product form, whether it's Adjustable Underwear, Belted Shields or Guards for Men. Also, the absorbency, size, number of products and a photo of the product are also included on the front bottom of the package.

Packing Pretty

Not only is the new packaging easy to understand, it's snazzy to boot. The company chose green as the new background color because consumers felt it is "fresh, young and modern." However, says Pope, "While all of the packages have the same green background, each product form has a distinct color strip, which will help consumers to easily identify their product while shopping."

In addition, the packages now include photos of real people enjoying life to highlight the many consumers "who aren't going to let incontinence get in the way of living a full and active life," says Jones.

All in all, the folks at DEPEND® hope their hard work pays off in the form of happier customers. "I hope consumers who are new to the category are able to find a product easily," says Pope. "I think we will see more consumers using the product that is best for them and that will be success."

A Guide to New Product Names

Your favorite DEPEND® products got a new look and new names. Here's a guide to the new names:

Was called: Now known as:

DEPEND® Undergarments DEPEND® Belted Shields

DEPEND® Refastenable Underwear DEPEND® Adjustable Underwear

DEPEND BOOST® Liners DEPEND® Inserts

Just got back from Wal-Mart. I ran in to get some Huggies as my diaper stuffer for bedtime.

I checked out the Depends and found this on the current packages. Please see attached image.

It's very encouraging to see that a major mainstream adult diaper manufacturer is going this way. Not afraid to start using colors to identify men and women. Hopefully we will have diapers like this soon and more color and art to our diapers!

Makes sense, we're talking also about the aging baby boomers who are many plus as children diapers evolve so must the adult diaper!

I like the description "New masculine elastic waistband"!

Happy times ahead for DL's & AB's

Now if only Depend diapers were more a full cut than a cut like underwear!

Phil

I think you are confusing the diapers with these pull-up's {underwear}. Hopefully they will change the diaper.

I remember the first pull up that had a full waterproof front was the Depend refastable. Then they finally changed the regular ones. That was ridiculous having to make sure your penis got tuck away in the water proof zone!

Phil

I was getting worried that it was just going to be a "packaging change".....Whoop dee doo. that does nothing for the products.....dang it. :angry2:

But going by the demo package and pics, I am somewhat encouraged to see they raised the padding in front for us guys, and got rid of a lot of that stupid waistband, which was a waste of materials anyways....sheesh...

I was also just thinking, possibly PG has a 'plant' here on the boards watching and looking for product improvement requests??? LOL....NOT, ;)

but it would be nice, since possibly the best source for information comes from the people that use the products, for medical or other reasons :blush:

just me being silly again

qwack