LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sarah Silverman Show

Well according to this article she wet the bed well into her teen years. 10 to 1 she wore Goodnites.

"As we grow up in our childhood we have all these dysfunctions that drives us to be whatever we're driven to be," she said on stage. "For comedians it's definitely, like, any kind of humiliation. For me that was bed-wetting well into my teens."

"Is that a physiological condition? Is it an emotional condition?" Couric asked.

"Well, my father was a bed wetter," Silverman said. "My oldest sister was a bed wetter. My father's father was a bed wetter. Silverman tradition! But it's funny that, you know, when you're young and you're growing up, you think it's gonna be your deepest, darkest secret of your life. And then you grow up. And it's not."

According to this one, it took her until 15 to manage to have 4 dry nights a week.

It was a couple of years before that, at around fifteen, that about four mornings a week Silverman no longer woke up to find she had wet her bed.

She admits to wetting the bed occasionally as an adult too. According to this one the last time she wet the bed was after she was fired from SNL after the 1993-1994 season.

Since Sarah Silverman stopped wetting her bed as an adult in 1995, she did not wear GoodNites. Those were first test marketed in mid 1996 and were not sold nationally in the USA until mid 1997. It was over a year after that GNs fit people much over 80 pounds.

By the way, Sarah Silverman has been generous to charities working to make life better for families challenged by wetting. Sarah joins several other celebrities sharing her experiences in public.

Of course I will be recording the episode titled "Pee" on October 30.

According to Wiki:

Product History

Prior to 2004, Goodnites were unisex, plain white garments with only a faux tag printed at the back of the pant.

The original Goodnites were released in 1994. They were slightly larger, longer, bulkier, and more absorbent than later models. These were plain white, with a faux tag printed at the rear, to help kids know which way to put them on. These originally came in 2 sizes: Medium (45-65lbs) and Large (65-85lbs). In 1999, they introduced a new size, XL (85lbs-125lbs and up).

In 2000, Kimberly Clark redesigned the Goodnites by making them slightly larger than their predecessors. In 2001, a "Cloth-Like Cover" replaced the previous cloth cover, but the overall design of the pants remained the same. In 2003, the physical size of the GoodNites shrank a bit, though were still larger than the ones offered in the 1990s. Later in that year, the "Trim-Fit" style debuted, leading to a drastic reduction in padding thickness and the overall size of the pants. In spring of 2004, gender-specific Goodnites appeared with customized absorbency zones for boys and girls. Medium Goodnites became Small-Mediums and were designed to fit kids 38-70 pounds. Large and Extra Large Goodnites were combined into one size that fit kids 70-125+ pounds.

The 'medium' size has now been withdrawn completely, with the age-bands of the small and large size extended to bridge the gap. The small size is for children aged 4-7 years, with the large size suitable for ages 8-15. However, despite the revised age brackets, the new large size (ages 8-15) is the same as the old large size (ages 11-15) and is just as absorbent as before. It is claimed that the large size will comfortably fit up to a waist size of 32", with some users reporting that it will fit up to a waist of 36" at a stretch. Due to the product's stretchiness, it will fit a waist as small as 20". The L/XL size is equivalent to size 14-16 underwear (citation needed)

Although the girls' and boys' versions are similar, the padding is slightly different. The girls' version is more absorbent in the middle than the front or back, with the boys' version being more absorbent in the front than in the middle or the back. The boys' version also has extra room in the front for a boys anatomy. It has, though, been reported by some consumers that the girls' version is more suited to boys who have gone through puberty, due to the position of the landing area.

Introduced in 2007 were the new Goodnites Sleep Shorts. They are a product designed to look and feel like boxers or shorts yet be absorbent as a diaper. Some people have reported that they are smaller than the comparable "brief" style. They are a solid blue/green for boys and a pink for girls. The outer covering is cloth-like to look like a boxer-short, but inside is a plastic diaper. The short cover can be easily lifted by the wearer much like a skirt, revealing a diaper that looks similar to a regular Goodnites diaper but without the cloth-like lining or graphics; in this way, Goodnites Sleep Shorts are much like traditional diapers. Many teenagers wear these without wearing any pants or other boxers over them. Early reports indicate that the shorts are slightly more absorbent than the briefs, but are also more expensive. The underwear in 2008 were released as "The Most Absorbent Yet."

Wow, well in that case my guess is the she must have been wearing full-fledged diapers to bed until at least 15 years old, when her wetting started to slow down. At 3 wet wet nights a week though, I'd think she'd still be diapered for a while after that.

I usually skip her show (don't really find her funny) but will be recording tonight's for sure! I saw the commercial where she was shopping for "Under Buddies"

Same here. It follows South Park, and I frequently end up rushing for the remote just to make sure I don't catch any of the show. Tonight it is on my DVR recording (thank God I don't have TiVO and it ends up recording all her shows).

I was disappointed, considering the extent she goes with her show, I was hoping to at least get a scene of her in a diaper!

For those that saw the show, do you think that those who start to wet their bed would go so far as not to have to wear diapers? The shows story is a farce but I'm sure people would go to such extremes before getting diapered.

Even if the person would stop drinking at 6PM why not just put on a diaper and prevent the chance of wetting the bed.

I guess I'm too much into diapers to understand how others view diapers.

Phil

For several years Sarah Silverman has shown the courage to discuss in public her own bladder control problems. She donates gerously to charities working to make life better for children challenged by enuresis and teens to adults with incontinence.

To me the opening song and animation made it clear the character of Sarah on the show rather enjoyed the sensation of feeling warm pee, in bed or sitting in a chair. This does not necessarily mean the character was deliberately wetting. I am sure many of us who are incontinent long ago concluded that when urine is fresh and warm it can be a good feeling.

Therefore I did not find it realistic that Sarah's character would immediately call her sister for help, but as I understand the characters on the show, "Sarah" is younger and irresponsible in a childish way. It could be they were pressing the limits of having "Sarah" be an ABDL inside without using diapers.

In the sequence in the store, "Sarah" looks at a package of their mythical disposables "Under Buddies" To me it looked like she had placed a package in her cart while talking to the child.

Sure, this is comedy. My concern is all the advice given to "Sarah" is wrong and dangerous. "Sarah's" sister is played by an actual older sister of Sarah Silverman and this character is a nurse, although when was the last time anyone saw an RN in a white dress?

How come nobody suggested "Sarah" get a medical exam, because incontinence unless deliberate wetting is always a sign of a medical issue.

Second, although not drinking after 6pm will reduce the amount of urine, that hardly cures incontinence. In fact, incontinent people need to drink more water than average, to keep the kidneys healthy, even if the volume of urine during the night is greater. Without healthy kidneys and bladder, there is no hope of curing incontinence.

Staying awake all night only increases the problems. It will not prevent wetting, because there will be brief naps, and during those there will be wetting.

Diabetes always has to be considered with incontinence. Candy and ice creme are hardly considered appropriate diabetic diet.

Toward the end of the show the girl did wet a lot while awake and standing. This was not realistic since if she had limited bladder control how did she manage to retain so much urine?

We must conclude that "Sarah" was not shown in a diaper, or even talked about being diapered, because of censorship. How many incontinent adult women do any of us know who freely wet beds and yet are reluctant to wear a diaper discreetly?

Shout-out to Sarah Silverman for doing a show about wetting. Bummer it did not show the reality.

I missed the show (no cable +homework) but I have to admit shock at so many people saying they don't like her. I think Sarah Silverman is pretty funny, although I'm biased toward the show since its director, Rob Schrab, wrote/drew my favorite comic book Scud. You know why else Sarah Silverman is great? Most Extraordinary Space Investigations.

Sarah Silverman has to be the funniest female comedian on the planet, no contest. She is funny, hot and sneaks in diaper references frequently, not just this one time. I have loved her work for years. :wub:

I'm have been an RN for the past 10 year and never worn a uniform, but it did surprise me that if she is supposed to be a nurse, she didn' suggest a doctor visit or at least a NP. As to showing her in diapers I'm quite sure that the censors would not allow it as they barely allow children to be show past a curtian age in them. But it was a great episode. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Another Sarah Silverman line. Season 2 Episode 6.....

While firing her housekeeper for allegedly stealing something. "I can not be disrespected by the woman who folds the underwear that I poop in."

:wub: