LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Enjoy Being Incontinent?

But I wanna know from the people that are ACTUALLY incontinent, not so bs story of "i always liked diapers and one day i magically got into an accident, and oh look, how conveniently, im incontinent now!" honestly I've heard that too many times for me to believe it anymore.

• Like 2

I would reply to the rest of your post, but I guess that I am excluded because I've been a life-long DL who was magically assaulted by 3 men with golf clubs, magically sent to a military ICU for a week, and magically given 8 surgeries, and magically became incontinent. I also have permanent magical damage to my spine, knees, kidneys, and brain trauma. Oh, and I was magically given a 100% disability rating too. So I guess I cannot reply to this because it is not believable. I know that there may be some cases where people are making it up, but your automatic exclusion of everyone who is incontinent who previously liked diapers is a bit insulting. Believe it or not, statistically this does happen to some people.

Don't feel bad, I'm making it all up too. In fact, I'm still holding out that my last 18 years have all been a magical nightmare, and that I'll wake up at any moment... Yup any moment now.... any..... aaw come on.

• Like 1

Don't feel bad, I'm making it all up too. In fact, I'm still holding out that my last 18 years have all been a magical nightmare, and that I'll wake up at any moment... Yup any moment now.... any..... aaw come on.

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago I had surgery on my bladder and kidney that went wrong, which resulted in nerve damage rendering me incontinent.

Since then it's been an up and down thing for me. On one hand, it can be quite annoying and make me really irritable. While on the other hand, it doesn't bother me too much because my mind is able to ignore it.

My main issue with it is that I often receive a lot of discomfort and what I can only describe as bladder spasms. Imagine when a muscle in your leg spasms but that instead of your leg it's your bladder doing it—and the you have no control over stopping it. It's so bad that on occasions it actually keeps me from sleeping.

So to answer the original question, no it is not something that I enjoy. There's really nothing positive about it. However despite sounding super pessimistic, I try not to think of it in a negative light because it only causes pointless misery. I only wanted to address some of the realities about at least my experience with incontinence. Day to day I try to treat it like a simple fact of my life. It is what it is, and instead of thinking about it as something that's wrong with me I like to think of it as something that makes me unique.

Ashley, I'm not sure if this relates to you since the surgery, but I've dealt with baldder spasms all my life and the only relief I've found is to not fight them. Let fate have it's way, be protected from wetting if that happens, and do what you can to forget about what your non-cooperative bladder is trying to do knowing that it can't hurt you when you're protected. It may not help the physical part but it helps the mind. At least that's something good coming from a bad situation and sometimes that's the best you can get from life :whistling:

I have urge incontinence. The urges are sudden, intense feelings that I have to urinate NOW. If I try to hold it, the urge becomes more and more intense and painful until I can't hold on any longer and start leaking. I am not sure whether these urges are the same thing as bladder spasms. However, my solution to the problem is what Bettypooh suggests. I wear and use protection instead of fighting more and more intense and painful urges. I need to wear protection because I can't help leaking if I'm unable to get to a toilet in a short time which is variable and unpredictable. However, I figure that if I'm wearing a diaper, I may as well use it and avoid the discomfort and anxiety of rushing around trying to get to a toilet.

I have urge incontinence. The urges are sudden, intense feelings that I have to urinate NOW. If I try to hold it, the urge becomes more and more intense and painful until I can't hold on any longer and start leaking. I am not sure whether these urges are the same thing as bladder spasms. However, my solution to the problem is what Bettypooh suggests. I wear and use protection instead of fighting more and more intense and painful urges. I need to wear protection because I can't help leaking if I'm unable to get to a toilet in a short time which is variable and unpredictable. However, I figure that if I'm wearing a diaper, I may as well use it and avoid the discomfort and anxiety of rushing around trying to get to a toilet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It really depends on my mood.

I would suspect that is how most of us with incontinence feel. For the most part I really like being this way but there are times when it can be a hindrance but I wouldn't want to go back now.

• 1 month later...

Do you enjoy being incontinent?Nope I would rather not have contantly leaking bladder and some bowel problems sometimes. I would rather not be so diaper dependent

Is being incontinent ever had any detrimental effect to your social/school/work life?Of course I have had time with pee tests, I constanly had to use the restroom in middle/high school (though not to point i needed diapers then), I've had more then a few accidents growing up and wet the the bed about once or twice a month, people have talked behind my back about seeing that i was wearing a diaper when I worked at chaps pit beef, I was able to avoid diapers for a while til I went back to college and wet my self while in class, and I dont have much when it comes to social life so there is little effect there but my best friend knows of the problem I have and is supportive :P.

Okay, I may not be incontinent, and this IS my first post. But I wanna know from the people that are ACTUALLY incontinent, not so bs story of "i always liked diapers and one day i magically got into an accident, and oh look, how conveniently, im incontinent now!" honestly I've heard that too many times for me to believe it anymore. Short story is, I want to know, do you enjoy being incontinent? I dont mean wearing diapers, i mean not being able to go without them. Is being incontinent ever had any detrimental effect to your social/school/work life, like you didnt get a job because you messed yourself during the interview or soemthing like that (also can be a situation where you being nervous because of your diapers affected you negatively). The reason I want to know these things is, for years i have been juggling with the idea of wearing 24/7 which i know would result in me becomming incontinent, but sometimes i love the idea, or become obsessed with diapers, and other times i find diapers completely disgusting and want nothing to do with them. Im not expecting your answers to allow me to make up my mind once and for all what i want, but i want some opinions on what its like so that i have a more realistic picture in my mind before i make a choice that could possibly be the wrong one, chances are i will never make the choice...but bouncing back and forth in my love-hate relationship with diapers is exasperating. anyway, to clarify after all my ranting, the question is:

Do you enjoy being incontinent?

Is being incontinent ever had any detrimental effect to your social/school/work life?

I have come to really enjoy my incontinence and no it hasn't had any detrimental effect on my life.

I really don't enjoy having to wear diapers to bed to sleep through the night without having to get up five times. Only someone who has never deal with any sort of REAL urinary issues would be ignorant enough to ask if people with real medical issues "enjoy" this shit.

It's like asking someone if they enjoy being blind.

I know I couldn't cope with being blind in the same way I have accepted and embraced my incontinence

• 2 months later...

TOPGUY thank you I am glad you said it.I pride myself on being a kind,open minded,positive person BUT this has gotta be the TOPof the list most friggin iggnorant and ???speechless,wow.I suffered a brain injury but that means I had a brain to be injured....Whats ur story.Ivote this guy and his post be Banned....Anyone else.Im 'holding back becuz I am grateful for our community.WOW this one has me really PO'D

Don't know what post you are referring to mabe I missed it grizzliebear

The reply was from Topguy on the first page. Basically he's saying that asking someone if they enjoy their disability is offensive. I would agree.

The reply was from Topguy on the first page. Basically he's saying that asking someone if they enjoy their disability is offensive. I would agree.

It can be for some people. But some actually don't mind being incontinent. He did come across a bit defensive but so did another person on that page but I didn't see anything wrong with their posts they were answering the question with their opinions. If I hated being incontinent I may have posted something similar. I've been following this thread for along time and for gotten most of what was said so I reread some of it.

Well i would not say i enjoy being incontinent but i am and there is nothing i can do about it so i just need to get on with it there are worse things in live

Do i enjoy wearing a nappy no but i have to for protection and it is as simple as that if other people dont like the fact that i need to wear them then thats there problem

• 3 weeks later...

Well i would not say i enjoy being incontinent but i am and there is nothing i can do about it so i just need to get on with it there are worse things in live

Do i enjoy wearing a nappy no but i have to for protection and it is as simple as that if other people dont like the fact that i need to wear them then thats there problem

That is just how I feel. I wear a nappy because i can't help wetting my self. I'm not going to fret about it.

• 5 months later...

Being incontinent is not something I would have ever wished for..if say I found a lantern with a genie in it and she gave me three wishes,but because one day I was in was in the wrong place at the wrong time..the face of incontinence..and now belonging to the world of adult diapers and rubber pants came front and center into my life..and after a long while I excepted wearing them and all the things that go with them..but really..I did not have a choice in the matter..anyways I do not hate being incontinent per say..as it was better then the outcome that could have happened the day of my accident..but now that I do not get the potty message anymore..and I still stay active in the social circles and a lot of other things..I do not know that I am having an accident in my diapers at any given moment and no I do not like pooping and wetting my diaper in front of other people..but with incontinence that is all part of it..I do check the status of my diapers a lot during any given time on any day and do find out rather quickly I have did it..and on a few checks,an accident was just starting or had just started a bit before..and it does make me feel very babyish in a happy sort of way for a brief minute or so and takes me back instantly to my babyhood years,but I also hear story's of how someone wants to or wishes they would become incontinent..I do not really get why people would want that and if they do get it,may want to think this process over again..I have also been caught many times pooping and wetting my diaper..both by strangers and also by some very good friends of mine..but never has anyone made a big deal out of it..incontinence is just a small part of my life..I do not hide the fact that I wear diapers or even care for that matter who knows that I wear them,all my friends know this..but at the same time I do not flaunt them to people at anytime in public either,even some of my coworkers at work know that I wear them and again that is not a big deal there either..my incontinence does not get in the way of anything that I do..including going out on dates with the ladies,working,or even playing golf..so I do not mind being incontinent at all when I look at the big picture as it is now a part of my life..many more out there then just me.

take care

On 9/20/2014 at 11:37 AM, adhb said:

I have the same "urge" issues sometimes and in addition have very significant leakage after urination.  It's a lot easier to just wear a diaper than try to rush to a toilet or try to second guess when you might need protection.